Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More (33212 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigerians More Attracted To Buhari Than Awolowo, Azikiwe, Aminu Ka / Sultan Of Sokoto: Hunger Virus Killing Nigerians More Than Coronavirus / Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by MPSA(m): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
I fail to understand when you compare small business with Big business, Small business employ one or very few people, South African Businesses employ many workers, That one is a fact, Nothing to loose on South African Side, But attacking Honest business People is totally wrong, Wish you luck Guys grin

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Elliot2(m): 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
We have always been blackmailed from deciding our fates as a people.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by nonjebose(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
All these talk of job losses if south Africa companies and franchise close shop is one way of looking at this serious events. These govt officials care less about the job losses, their main concern is the tax and personal investments they have in these firms. Don't be deceived
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Correcto: 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
We are ready to bear the loss of South African businesses, rather than continue to bear the loss of Nigerians
Bimpeusman:
On Tuesday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, described as deeply disturbing the reports that some Nigerians, angered by the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, have started attacking South African companies in Nigeria.

He said that targeting South African companies in Nigeria for attack is, for Nigerians, a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, because the investors in such companies, especially MTN and Shoprite, are Nigerians.

Alhaji Mohammed said the majority of the workers in the South African companies operating in Nigeria are also Nigerians, meaning that its Nigerian workers who will be hardest hit if such companies are forced to shut down for fear of attacks. He assured Nigerians that the Federal Government is already taking decisive measures to put an end to the persistent xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/attack-on-south-african-businesses-will-hurt-nigerians-more-lai-mohammed.html

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Elliot2(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
post=81896499:

BITTER TRUTH....
But those who want violence will never agree.
Cos that is what they have been praying for all along.

What do kids know?
Until your friends come to your door to cry that the little job they are doing to make ends meet is no more, by then you will reboot!

God bless you guys for this.
It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable youths like you on this forum.
Stop being unreasonable! Stop blackmailing us. It is your principals due to find alternative means of survival for all Nigerians at this time. Does it not bother you that your govt does not have anything to hold ZA to ransom in this diplomatic battle except emotions,even as supposed giants of Africa?
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by biggy26: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
oz4real83:
It is not everytime you reveal your pains or losses to your enemies. It is wise to play "strong" to your enemies sometimes even in the face of pain, just to deceive him. Lai Mohammed has always been known to display high level of indiscretion when it matters most. I can't easily forget when he said Senegalese jollof was better than Nigerian jollof in the face of international lime-light. These people are clowns!!!
I can imagine if it was Trump!
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by D1zion: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
See this useless blind old fool.agba lagba.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by nonjebose(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
MPSA:
I fail to understand when you compare small business with Big business, Small business employ one or very few people, South African Businesses employ many workers, That one is a fact, Nothing to loose on South African Side, But attacking Honest business People is totally wrong, Wish you luck Guys grin
What makes you think that several small business operated by Nigerians over their does not amount to something. Why do you think multichoice and the coming out to condemn this attack? The profit they make in this country from the big businesses is enough to have them thread softly. But of course, we are too politically correct to see this
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by 12345baba(m): 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
All the jobs wey we loose since APC enter power no kill us e come be this one. Lai Mohammed take time o
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by emapeteum(m): 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Thank you, Sir. Most of our youth think in an awkward manner. We are more emotional than being rational
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lol! I wasn't expecting anything less. Very useless country. Thank God say Moti Japan.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
ken6488:
sad Ogun kill you
lol! Why only Ogun? You for add aiyelala and sopona for the useless man.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
MPSA:
shut up!
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 03, 2019
I stopped praying and believing in that shithole called Nigeria a long time ago. With people like this man at the helms of affairs and with while lot of stewpid and senseless youths that abound this forum. If you have sense just japa. I pray Nigeria burns to the ground someday.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Bianda24: 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Our leaders are our problem. I do not support Nigerians retaliating by setting shoprite and co ablaze. Our leaders should make our country better so that there won't be need to search for greener pasture in SA
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Xmen149(m): 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
if injection must be taken on the bumbum Na matter how uncomfortable so long it heals the sickness

no one is calling for violence,we only ask the government initiates political power play and let SA know its not Xmas,...no u guys are considering how much you will lose from egunje that pops up from their illegal business and operations here..we will only here the govts noise when MTN is owing or shipping money back to SA from naija.

whata fuk,u sent delegate,like seriously,.other countries are already showing their strong feet and expecting naija to take the giant blow and u retards are sending delegate

fuk laimohamed,fuk who ever gave him the opportunity to talk rubbish

Stand for ur people Mofo
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by kakaG: 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Chaiii who eventually passed the mic to this smelly mouthed man nah? No word of wisdom has ever come from his brains.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by mutco(m): 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
U are mad lie Muhammad
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Ibrahim4street(m): 12:03am On Sep 04, 2019
falufosi:
you have spoken well
true talk
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by stormborn28(m): 12:06am On Sep 04, 2019
A foolish minister just spoke ....all hail the super lying minister
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 04, 2019
Jobs will suffer but not lives,there are things that we need to look beyond money,if we don’t speak up now then xenophobia will be a frequent trend ,and they will know we won’t do ish about the situation,let’s rid of our present govt because clearly they don’t give a damn about us and then we boycott anything made in SA or ban them entirely.only a selfish and inconsiderate man will place money over the well-being of human life. There is a positive lesson to be learnt from all this,the outside world don’t give a damn about us,as soon as we realize that Nigeria is all we own and we invest and make it home the better we will be and live long.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by daxclusive1: 12:11am On Sep 04, 2019
What a country. Even democratic republic of Congo took immediate action against the attacks on foreigners, here you are saying rubbish.. I am just soo pained being called a Nigerian.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsdarkside(m): 12:12am On Sep 04, 2019
Correcto:
We are ready to bear the loss of South African businesses, rather than continue to bear the loss of Nigerians

true talk....we have other fishes to fry than yeah yeah south africans...

look are weak they realy are....
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsdarkside(m): 12:15am On Sep 04, 2019
daxclusive1:
What a country. Even democratic republic of Congo took immediate action against the attacks on foreigners, here you are saying rubbish.. I am just soo pained being called a Nigerian.

sharrap their....nigerians made me proud today....

especially igbos....they rallied as they did before the biafra war even in south africa sef....
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Henri8: 12:28am On Sep 04, 2019
Beware guys, the lying lair is back.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by TruthinAction: 12:33am On Sep 04, 2019
To be hurt is far better than being killed.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by 2loadedguy: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2019
gentleedu:
my brother i tire for this jokers, the best option now is for us to show mtn say we get roban store and show mtn say we get glo.. Let's burn them down cuz years of killing without action will only encourage more killing of our people ...
The way some people type without thinking through it is alarming. How will burning shopprite,MTN or Stanbic affect the xenophobic tout on the street of Soweto?Have u done a little Google search to know the ownership structure of these companies? They are owned by Nigerians just using the brand names cos they are multinationals. Attacking these assets will further cripple our devastated economy and dissuade foreign investors.
The Nigerian investments being attacked in South Africa are majorly SMEs that are one man businesses. I say a big NO to attacks in both South Africa and Nigeria.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by ericmor: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2019
Bimpeusman:
On Tuesday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, described as deeply disturbing the reports that some Nigerians, angered by the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, have started attacking South African companies in Nigeria.

He said that targeting South African companies in Nigeria for attack is, for Nigerians, a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, because the investors in such companies, especially MTN and Shoprite, are Nigerians.

Alhaji Mohammed said the majority of the workers in the South African companies operating in Nigeria are also Nigerians, meaning that its Nigerian workers who will be hardest hit if such companies are forced to shut down for fear of attacks. He assured Nigerians that the Federal Government is already taking decisive measures to put an end to the persistent xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/attack-on-south-african-businesses-will-hurt-nigerians-more-lai-mohammed.html

Exactly my thought but now that mr lai that only knows how to lie is saying the same thing, I need a rethink and check if it is truly lai Mohammed saying that. Well, there is no way such won’t happen anyway even when they knew is Nigerians that work there, as long as it’s a SA company some people will still attack them bcs d most important thing in this life is live cus when u are gone u are gone. The dead can’t loose their jobs is only the living which means when there is live there is hope. So the South Africans should stop the killings and Nigerian govn should close down shopwrite for now if people keep attacking the shop rather than attacking them and hurt our people again in our own country

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by gowaga68: 12:39am On Sep 04, 2019
I have never felt so insulted like today reading this man's yeyecious talks.

Lai Mohammed! May what is happening to Nigerians in South Africa happen to your family .

If him family member dey here make them say amen.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by fortran12: 12:42am On Sep 04, 2019
gentleedu:
my brother i tire for this jokers, the best option now is for us to show mtn say we get roban store and show mtn say we get glo.. Let's burn them down cuz years of killing without action will only encourage more killing of our people ...
Burn them down and throw the employees to the job market. If you or your immediate family were working in these companies I wonder if you will make this statement. In times like this its an intelligent response that is needed, don't let emotions get the better of you.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Americanboy35: 12:42am On Sep 04, 2019
This demented soul, i really loath this man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of PDP Reps "Fighting" Over Minority Leadership Position / Muhammad Pate Declines GAVI Position For Appointment As Tinubu Minister / Journalist Beaten By Security Men At Olubadan's Coronation - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.