Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More (33210 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigerians More Attracted To Buhari Than Awolowo, Azikiwe, Aminu Ka / Sultan Of Sokoto: Hunger Virus Killing Nigerians More Than Coronavirus / Oyo State: Churches, Mosques With Revenue-earning Businesses Will Pay Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by MPSA(m): 12:46am On Sep 04, 2019
nonjebose:

What makes you think that several small business operated by Nigerians over their does not amount to something. Why do you think multichoice and the coming out to condemn this attack? The profit they make in this country from the big businesses is enough to have them thread softly. But of course, we are too politically correct to see this
Brother! You talk like a Giant once again, I know Giant is your moto ,But be careful before you act stupidly, No one is promoting this Looters, But you mustn't blame SA on this one, You know I am correct but your Giant status is misleading you grin You can't compare your small business with Big South African Businesses, You must follow South African News in order to learn more about South Africa .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by mvem(m): 12:49am On Sep 04, 2019
oz4real83:
It is not everytime you reveal your pains or losses to your enemies. It is wise to play "strong" to your enemies sometimes even in the face of pain, just to deceive him. Lai Mohammed has always been known to display high level of indiscretion when it matters most. I can't easily forget when he said Senegalese jollof was better than Nigerian jollof in the face of international lime-light. These people are clowns!!!
you think the south Africans are dumb or what...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by mvem(m): 12:50am On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:
You are right.

But it wouldn't have been so if you and your fellow corrupt politicians had invested and promoted Nigerian companies with the same services.

This is one of the prizes Nigerians are going to pay for valuing foreigners than their citizens.
investment in private sector ....why not call out the entrepreneurs ....abi you wan government owned shopping mall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by mvem(m): 12:52am On Sep 04, 2019
OTayobami:
Believe liar1 at your own peril, is it not this same information minister that announced boko haram has been defeated?!
And boko haram is even doing fg work: issuing ultimatum to SAs over xenophobic attack
actually we are shooting ourselves on the foot....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by mvem(m): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2019
blindjustice13:
In no particular order,i just want to say ;

Fvck you Mr liar mohamed

Fvck all south african businesses in Nigeria,

Fvck Nigerian asslicking celebrities,

Fvck all leaders who have ever held any position in this country from 1960 till date for contributing their own quater to the mess we are right now

Fvck the Nigerian security forces who will gladly kill its people if we decide to retalite here in Nigeria.

Fvck the deaf president,

Fvck the ambassador and everyone responsible for locking Nigerians out of the embassy in SA,

Fvck the SA govt for aiding zenophobic attacks all these years,

Fvck the deputy commissioner of police in south Africa for openly supporting zenophobic attacks

Fvck the south Africa security forces for turning a blind eye

fvck all south African celebrities ,

Fvck our past and current legislators for being nothing more than a burden to our economy with their expensive budgets and bogus allowances,

Fvck all South Africans !!! Once again, fvck all South Africans!
if only the Fvck could do anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by opribo(m): 1:19am On Sep 04, 2019
So to be killing us is the one that wont hurt Nigeria. This man should just shut the fvck off if he has nothing tangible to say.

We will destroy their bisinesses, deal with their citizens no matter how many we find, so thst they too will feel the impact of xenophobia.

Imagine, ordinary SA ee bailed out of slavery. If there is no war there is no peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by wirinet(m): 1:47am On Sep 04, 2019
opribo:
So to be killing us is the one that wont hurt Nigeria. This man should just shut the fvck off if he has nothing tangible to say.

We will destroy their bisinesses, deal with their citizens no matter how many we find, so thst they too will feel the impact of xenophobia.

Imagine, ordinary SA ee bailed out of slavery. If there is no war there is no peace.

Which south African business can you destroy and how many of their citizens can you deal with?

South African companies do not have assets in Nigeria. That's the South African business model, they rent everything. MTN, multichoice and others. I am yet to understand shoprite ownership structure, but I am sure the physical structure is built by Nigerians investors.
MTN has no physical structure or asset in Nigeria, their headquarters at Golden Gate plaza is rented. Even cars they don't buy, they rent. All other offices are franchised. Same with multichoice. If you burn any DSTV office, you are burning a Nigerian business/ office.
How many South Africans are in Nigeria. I have only met 2 in my entire life. I am sure most people shouting "deal with their citizens " have never met a South African in Nigeria. Close to a million Nigeria lives in South Africa. Last estimate put it at 800,000. So in a tit for tat, we are greatly disadvantaged.

This is the kinds of disgrace we get not only from South Africans, but also from India, Arabian countries and even Ghana, when we mess up our country and feel we can run elsewhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by slaughteringNG: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2019
Criminals and illiteracy go side by side. When Econet pack out of Nigeria it left Nigeria in 75 million dollar debt when Zayn pack out of Nigeria they left Nigeria in 25 million US dollar debt when etisalat packed out of Nigeria left Nigeria 120 million US dollar debt. MTN is owing more than 1.2 billion US dollar. So if they pack out of Nigeria is your mother and father salary which will be used to pay their debt. Look at Elijah Steel plant look at ear Nigeria look nitel we are still paid the debt for this companies to foreign countries plus the 9.6 billion US dollar debt not more than 2 weeks ago.
Your mother's and father salaries including their pensions will be used to pay back Nigeria debt . The government of Nigeria is not telling the people the truth a lot of this South African companies are in massive debt in Nigeria..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by slaughteringNG: 2:32am On Sep 04, 2019
wirinet:

Which south African business can you destroy and how many of their citizens can you deal with?

South African companies do not have assets in Nigeria. That's the South African business model, they rent everything. MTN, multichoice and others. I am yet to understand shoprite ownership structure, but I am sure the physical structure is built by Nigerians investors.
MTN has no physical structure or asset in Nigeria, their headquarters at Golden Gate plaza is rented. Even cars they don't buy, they rent. All other offices are franchised. Same with multichoice. If you burn any DSTV office, you are burning a Nigerian business/ office.
How many South Africans are in Nigeria. I have only met 2 in my entire life. I am sure most people shouting "deal with their citizens " have never met a South African in Nigeria. Close to a million Nigeria lives in South Africa. Last estimate put it at 800,000. So in a tit for tat, we are greatly disadvantaged.

This is the kinds of disgrace we get not only from South Africans, but also from India, Arabian countries and even Ghana, when we mess up our country and feel we can run elsewhere.

Also most of the South African businesses borrow money locally and internationally in Nigeria so if you do anything to them you are the one to pay back the debt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by alenwup(m): 2:34am On Sep 04, 2019
Old retard brain. It's a pity. Is it that these people can't tune down their utterances? Is there no diplomatic way of saying things than this? Shame shame on all fronts!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by wechat1: 2:52am On Sep 04, 2019
your are talking for business and your citizen are died in other mans hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by dingbang(m): 3:04am On Sep 04, 2019
Peace is priceless, terror is senseless, please let's give peace a chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Pentasoft1978: 3:11am On Sep 04, 2019
As your name is , so you are. no truth has ever been found in you , you are a liar and the father of liars . you better change your name at this age and be useful before you are gone. you are all out to defend the stolen money you all invested in the SA franchises all over Nigeria. shameless generation of old men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by preciousaang(m): 3:44am On Sep 04, 2019
Each time I think this guy has reached his limit, he just surprises me with reinforced stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by ceejay80s(m): 3:56am On Sep 04, 2019
We are just here on nairaland making noise, is there no south African living in Nigeria? South African embassy no dey naija? We are all slow and dumb like our president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Acidosis(m): 4:32am On Sep 04, 2019
wirinet:

Wisdom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by gentleedu(m): 4:40am On Sep 04, 2019
fortran12:

Burn them down and throw the employees to the job market. If you or your immediate family were working in these companies I wonder if you will make this statement. In times like this its an intelligent response that is needed, don't let emotions get the better of you.
so to you job is more important than human life and even if i work there i don't mind setting it ablaze myself. there's always opportunity out there. even if there's none i don't mind setting my own business bro...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by gentleedu(m): 4:45am On Sep 04, 2019
2loadedguy:

The way some people type without thinking through it is alarming. How will burning shopprite,MTN or Stanbic affect the xenophobic tout on the street of Soweto?Have u done a little Google search to know the ownership structure of these companies? They are owned by Nigerians just using the brand names cos they are multinationals. Attacking these assets will further cripple our devastated economy and dissuade foreign investors.
The Nigerian investments being attacked in South Africa are majorly SMEs that are one man businesses. I say a big NO to attacks in both South Africa and Nigeria.
owned by Nigerians or do you mean Nigerians that invested in it? cuz if it's owned by Nigerian the name wouldn't still be shoprite or mtn..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by lobby: 5:00am On Sep 04, 2019
You remember In 2012 South Africa deported 125 Nigerians over allegations that they were "bringing yellow fever to SA". The Nigerian government immediately deported 80 South Africans back to SA and blocked off entry for other South Africans trying to get into Nigeria, telling them that South Africa has a HIV problem and Nigeria could not afford to have them over here.

In less than a week the South African government apologised to Nigeria over the incident. But they say Jonathan was weak and Buhari is strong right? #MumuDeySmell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsdarkside(m): 5:01am On Sep 04, 2019
i woke up very happy today....

i salute you nigerians....!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsdarkside(m): 5:03am On Sep 04, 2019
slaughteringNG:
Criminals and illiteracy go side by side. When Econet pack out of Nigeria it left Nigeria in 75 million dollar debt when Zayn pack out of Nigeria they left Nigeria in 25 million US dollar debt when etisalat packed out of Nigeria left Nigeria 120 million US dollar debt. MTN is owing more than 1.2 billion US dollar. So if they pack out of Nigeria is your mother and father salary which will be used to pay their debt. Look at Elijah Steel plant look at ear Nigeria look nitel we are still paid the debt for this companies to foreign countries plus the 9.6 billion US dollar debt not more than 2 weeks ago.
Your mother's and father salaries including their pensions will be used to pay back Nigeria debt . The government of Nigeria is not telling the people the truth a lot of this South African companies are in massive debt in Nigeria..

just shvt up already....so money is more valueble than human lifes....??

some of you reason very strange....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsdarkside(m): 5:11am On Sep 04, 2019
gentleedu:
so to you job is more important than human life and even if i work there i don't mind setting it ablaze myself. there's always opportunity out there. even if there's none i don't mind setting my own business bro...

this what many nigerians dont understand about south africans....

they dont have tradition of petty shops....we do....

how can nigerians go over their and be doing what they should be doing....??

how can nigerians be dominating them in their own country....??....this is pathetic to say the least....

accept make them learn from us and push us aside,they are attackin us....
its like they dont understand that life is a competition....

anyways,what do i know....tahh,they dont even know how to look nice and dress well sef....!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsdarkside(m): 5:20am On Sep 04, 2019
study south africans for once....

they dont look nice....and look at how they dress,its like they all live on a dumpsite....with that stvpid winter caps on their heads....like homeless people....

nigerians even poor try to look nice....

shey i dey lie....??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by ejimatic: 5:29am On Sep 04, 2019
Bimpeusman:
On Tuesday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, described as deeply disturbing the reports that some Nigerians, angered by the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, have started attacking South African companies in Nigeria.

He said that targeting South African companies in Nigeria for attack is, for Nigerians, a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, because the investors in such companies, especially MTN and Shoprite, are Nigerians.

Alhaji Mohammed said the majority of the workers in the South African companies operating in Nigeria are also Nigerians, meaning that its Nigerian workers who will be hardest hit if such companies are forced to shut down for fear of attacks. He assured Nigerians that the Federal Government is already taking decisive measures to put an end to the persistent xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/attack-on-south-african-businesses-will-hurt-nigerians-more-lai-mohammed.html

. We don't disrespect older ones in Yoruba land but I disagree with your conclusion.What about our children who have been laid off and reduced to nothing in South Africa? If south Africa makes their country uninhabitable for Nigerians Nigeria should be a hot water for them.No country is indispendable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Noblefirstlady: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2019
Yes that is how attack on Nigerians business in South Africa will hurt South Africans more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by nonjebose(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2019
[quote author=MPSA post=81899836]
Brother! You talk like a Giant once again, I know Giant is your moto ,But be careful before you act stupidly, No one is promoting this Looters, But you mustn't blame SA on this one, You know I am correct but your Giant status is misleading you grin You can't compare your small business with Big South African Businesses, You must follow South African News in order to learn more about South Africa .[/quote
'You mustn't blame SA on this one's. Very absurd. In one breadth you don't support looters, yet they're not at fault. What happened to deportation of illegal immigrants and convicted foreigners? The stupid deputy Police head had utter such gibberish in the process. Talking of business, do you think owning a business makes you rich? The last time they embarked on their mindless bloodletting, their Govt had to intervene when Mozambique, DRC and Zambia threatened to sack SASOL. They know the loss such would have on their trade balance. Don't be deceived by their fascade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by fortran12: 7:02am On Sep 04, 2019
gentleedu:
It easier said than done, if after you have set the building on fire and hunger hits you hard because no one employs you cos of your historical antecedence. You will see that retaliation and violence is never the answer.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by IITTA50: 7:16am On Sep 04, 2019
So because your enemy is feeding you the best way to thank them is to tolerate the killings of your children by them? i pity nigerians because been a slave is their hubby
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by tsavkeghps(m): 7:38am On Sep 04, 2019
Hahaha
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Kay25(m): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2019
oloriburuku agabalagba and those nigerians dieing are not your concern were ton je goro
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 04, 2019
How come nobody is talking about Biafra again? Hope they will not attack any envoy sent to discuss with SA government?
Re: Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More by slaughteringNG: 7:55am On Sep 04, 2019
tsdarkside:

just shvt up already....so money is more valueble than human lifes....??

some of you reason very strange....

Does your government care about you or your government does is use you to vote after you vote the flush you down the toilet for years later they bring you from the soccerway and then we will use you again to vote .Nigeria's money is outside the Country even Nigerian politicians and government does not care about the people they will rather go and build houses in other African countries than to help Nigerians.. nobody cares about Nigeria and Nigerians not even its own government or citizens look how much money Nigerians have in Ghana 6 billion US Dollar look how much money Nigerians have in South Africa 23 billion US dollar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Abducts 100 Young Men In Borno / Kano Indigenes Climb A Building To Wave At President Buhari (Photos) / Peter Obi: We Will Decongest Lagos Seaport And Move To Other Seaports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.