Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos (9703 Views)

Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / Police Discovers 19 Heavyweight Bombs In Adamawa, Foils Plans To Bomb Bridges / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
monkeyleg:

Listen people, lets not get too excited about this.

Election is around the corner and it is customary that arms freely flow through the country, this might just be another case.

However, the ever decreasing state of security in that country needs to be arrested quickly by GEJ

no one is excited, its a sad day for nigeria cry cry cry

the usa and isreal already warned their citizens not to go to 9ja. we both know when that happens, it means they have an information we dont know. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by monkeyleg: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2010
Whilst I understand the potential threat, these issues are not new. Rocket launchers have been awash in the ND for years.

What concerns me more is the 7 ships sailing the River Niger with troyble on aboard.

@Edoyad, please confirm that is the case. Any news stations carrying it?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
i just checked channels website and i can't find any info

better head off to al jazeera
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by chines4(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2010
Who are those criminals behind the arm importation. They will be tried as arm robbers, kidnappers, militant and terrorist. since they arm them. They are as guilty as they are. God help us
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by efoghorjos: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nigeria is a special design from God. Anyone seeking ways to destroy this country would end up fighting against God. Of course you know what that means.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Bawss1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2010
efoghorjos:

Nigeria is a special design from God. Anyone seeking ways to destroy this country would end up fighting against God. Of course you know what that means.

Tell that to the Isrealis.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by OCCULTIST(m): 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
Listen you men of little faith,WHEN EVER AND WHERE EVER PEOPLE REFUSE TO WORSHIP GOD IN THE BEAUTY OF HIS HOLLINESS AND FOLLOWS HIS LAWS OF NATURE, GOD HIMSELF INCARNATE IN THE FORM OF WAR AND KILL THE DEMONS THAT REFUSE TO WORSHIP HIM.THAT OTHERS MAY LEARN AND RUN TO GOD FOR SAFETY.

Right from the olden days in all revile scriptures war has always been a reminder of GOD to people
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Canales(m): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
Na wa these northerners mean this their threat o, Adamu Ciroma  and dem IBB wan really Unleash terror on Us all. The painful thng is that GEJ dont seem to have any clue on dealing with dem. shocked
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by na2day(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ the news of 7 seven ship sailing down the river Niger to Ondo, is it a cruel joke? angry
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by monkeyleg: 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Na2day,

The news has not been confirmed anywhere. Anyone got information please post
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by juman(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2010
Canales:

Na wa these northerners mean this their threat o, Adamu Ciroma  and dem IBB wan really Unleash terror on Us all. The painful thng is that GEJ dont seem to have any clue on dealing with dem. shocked
The importer of the weapons may be from south.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
It would be very bad if this is traced to MEND or Okah.

All I'm saying is, Yorubaland, just arm yourself.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

to the teeth!!! angry angry angry
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Bawss1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
^^Nothing dey happen
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
Bawss1:

^^Nothing dey happen
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. i pray sooooo brother!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by oluite(f): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
hmmn, This makes me very uneasy,its not as if this is the first shipment ever neither will it be the last but the timing is worrying!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by edoyad(m): 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Edoyad, please confirm that is the case. Any news stations carrying it?

I was only being sarcastic. You guys should give the security apparatus some credit, they found the weapons didn't they ? Do you think they'll let a couple of rascals burn this country down ? Yes there's the occasional skirmish here and there but with a little political will these problems can be well managed.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by monkeyleg: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Edoyad,

Though I appreciate you were only teasing, you must understand the sensitive nature of the security situation in Nigeria. I see people carelessly brandishing the word WAR. We must all understand that no matter how bad we think our country is, war must always remains the very last resort, and should not be on people lips. Nigeria has had her fair share of troubles, including a very bloody civil war which a lot of people are still recovering from.

I am delighted that our security operatives were in top of things
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by edoyad(m): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
I don't know why you people panic so easily. There's  need for vigilance but no need for an over the top reaction. Good luck was in kano yesterday and even here thousands of his fans gathered by Rabiu kwankasao, some of them even threw stones at the governors vehicle(because he's ANPP). A lot of this stuff is political big wigs who want to ensure they get their share in 2011. I wish i could post pictures but they're larger than NL's limits.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Edoyad,

Though I appreciate you were only teasing, you must understand the sensitive nature of the security situation in Nigeria. I see people carelessly brandishing the word WAR. We must all understand that no matter how bad we think our country is, war must always remains the very last resort, and should not be on people lips. Nigeria has had her fair share of troubles, including a very bloody civil war which a lot of people are still recovering from.

I am delighted that our security operatives were in top of things

are you sure it was not a tip off as in the case of the cocaine consignment?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by vedaxcool(m): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
It is very disheartening when you read certain candid comments from our brothers from all over the country, when one reads comments that call for arming of an ethnic group or region we have to ask whose purpose are they really serving, slowly the 2015 prediction is beginning to take shape not because of foreign intervention alone but from the same ethnic chauvinism where black is white as along as it involves the posters ethnic group, but one thing I know it will be very hard for the enemies of Nigeria to break the country without so much blood shed, mainly because if the US or whoever other foreign interest can be foolish enough to support local militias, Britain and even China would not let it happen because it won't be in their interest, As often stated a break down of Law and order in Nigeria will cause a catastrophic chain reaction in the whole of west Africa.Please it takes wisdom for us to counter the devilish intention of foreign forces and the criminal party PDP, they are no good, be it goodluck or IBB, the PDP is always the PDP un-reformable and un-trainable.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
vedaxcool:

It is very disheartening when you read certain candid comments from our brothers from all over the country, when one reads comments that call for arming of an ethnic group or region we have to ask whose purpose are they really serving, slowly the 2015 prediction is beginning to take shape not because of foreign intervention alone but from the same ethnic chauvinism where black is white as along as it involves the posters ethnic group, but one thing I know it will be very hard for the enemies of Nigeria to break the country without so much blood shed, mainly because if the US or whoever other foreign interest can be foolish enough to support local militias, Britain and even China would not let it happen because it won't be in their interest, As often stated a break down of Law and order in Nigeria will cause a catastrophic chain reaction in the whole of west Africa.Please it takes wisdom for us to counter the devilish intention of foreign forces and the criminal party PDP, they are no good, be it goodluck or IBB, the PDP is always the PDP un-reformable and un-trainable.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by celemel(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2010
I don't believe the story. The SSS has a woeful reputation for crying wolf where there's none. Last year, we were sensationally fed with phantom pictures of a seized aircraft at Kano airport loaded with ammunition that later turned out a fiasco. Nigeria had to tender an apology for d embarrassing manner a genuine state-to-state arms purchase and freight was handled by incompetent operatives who lacked capacity to be more circumspect. The latest one I dare say, would end that way and our journalists always don't follow up to ask the right questions and 'keep them honest'. No arms smuggler can be so stupid as to channel such high caliber ammunition through Apapa when our entire coastline from Lagos to Calabar is fallow, ready and unpoliced. This is a sure goof. Watch out!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by BabaO2: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2010

This cant be MEND, purposeful investigation must done on some key northerners/muslims, from experience, no xtian can do business with iranian/pakistani governments. as a common nigerian, these iranians/paskistanis will disrespectfully open up all ur belongings and riddle your shoes with holes at their airports/seaports
Now they should tell us how containers with arms left their ports without them knowing. Iran is secretely waging war against Nigeria. Nigeria government should suspend relationship with them pending the outcome of purposeful investigations.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
Baba_O:

This cant be MEND, purposeful investigation must done on some key northerners/muslims, from experience, no xtian can do business with iranian/pakistani governments. as a common nigerian, these iranians/paskistanis will disrespectfully open up all your belongings and riddle your shoes with holes at their airports/seaports
Now they should tell us how containers with arms left their ports without them knowing. Iran is secretely waging war against Nigeria. Nigeria government should suspend relationship with them pending the outcome of purposeful investigations.

Amazing what ignoramuses will spout

iran-contra is all i will say

rubbish.

no permanent enemies, only permanent interests
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by edoyad(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
This cant be MEND, purposeful investigation must done on some key northerners/muslims, from experience, no xtian can do business with iranian/pakistani governments. as a common nigerian, these iranians/paskistanis will disrespectfully open up all your belongings and riddle your shoes with holes at their airports/seaports Now they should tell us how containers with arms left their ports without them knowing. Iran is secretely waging war against Nigeria. Nigeria government should suspend relationship with them pending the outcome of purposeful investigations. Posted by: celemel

Well Mr CSI lagos your investigation is already flawed. You don't start one based on preconceived notions or preconceptions. And who exactly are the people that Iranians only accept money from in trade ?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by chyz1: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP SAYING THE WEAPONS CAME FROM IRAN! They didn't. Use your brains.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by krazynaija(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE IRU-WORO! war dey come! All of una carry sword and lets ermmm, ok let una fight for una country cos as i dey so i don ja! grin
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Ultrame(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2010
guys pls any update on those ships transporting 'troops' off the niger?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

what i meant was, the south should not allow the north to bully the nd.

Guy, I really think you should spend some time to read up on Nairaland before making this type of comment.

There is NO "south" in Nigeria. Here is a list of what the Igboman will fight for again in Nigeria (if necessary):

(1) Biafra -Comprising of any groups that accept it.
(2) Igboland - Comprising of any groups that accept it.

You will not see an Igbo man/woman fight for anything else. Southern Nigeria is a myth.  cool
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by favouredjb(f): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ezeuche,so you can get scared so easily,what about we people that are home in naija?so ur not coming for holidays cos of this,lol!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
Baba_O:

This cant be MEND, purposeful investigation must done on some key northerners/muslims, from experience, no xtian can do business with iranian/pakistani governments. as a common nigerian, these iranians/paskistanis will disrespectfully open up all your belongings and riddle your shoes with holes at their airports/seaports

Huh?

And why would iran wage war against Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cross River Loses Oil Producing Status –RMAFC / Buhari, APC Congratulates Festus Keyamo On His 49th Birthday / DSS Leaked Letter On #ENDSARS Protest. Please Warn Your Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.