Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,927 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops (23649 Views)

Reno Omokri: Police Should Parade Abba Kyari Like Nnamdi Kanu / Kano's Hisbah Should Arrest The Mannequin In Aso Rock - Kperogi / Buhari Reveals Plan For Politicians 'cheating And Looting' Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by slaughteringNG: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2019
Manufor:

So professor how this relate to thousands of Nigerians who are directly and indirectly employed by these companies destroyed.. Shop owners who are Nigerians,.. Nothing justifies the reprisal attacks cos we would definitely be the one losing,.. I still dont get your point,. That we should burn down mtn gotv dstv and shoprite cos other companies left us in debt,. I think u are the,......

I am not saying you must destroy anything foreign companies what I am saying is any damage you do ondo South African companies in Nigeria what this means is your you and your children are going to pay for the damage including the working class and going to pay for it. This foreign companies before they come into Nigeria they have a plan so if anything goes on they will just leave the country and leave the country owing money. So it is the Nigerian people which end up Paying back money especially the civil servants and taxpayers. What I am trying to tell you is whatever angle you look at this Nigeria is definitely on the losing side South Africa is ranked about 46 in the world in investments we are like 136 in the world in investment South Africa has a lot of foreign investment we do not have any so destroyed the little South African companies in Nigeria is shooting ourselves in the head while trying to make noise
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by West2019(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Sadly bro, people are either very stoopid or just go along for the free stuff they will get from looting. These franchises are mostly owned by Nigerian, employing Nigerians.
the one South African are looting is not free right ? U need sense
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by AwhenJ(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2019
A Nigerian Police man shooting fellow Nigerian for reprisal attack on SA firm. Let me be sincere here Nigeria will at no point in time be better than what it is now. How many South Africans have you heard that have been shot by South African police for this unjust act on Nigerians and our fellow African brothers? Here we are suffering home and abroad..To all those condemning any hash reaction in the name of we are the beneficiary we need to send a strong message to them. without their shop rite and Mtn employment or whatever we will still survive..After all it wasn't enough thats is why our people are still going out...Bleep SA and that police man shooting an angry Nigerian i wish he suffocate and die...

1 Like

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by princejenks(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Sadly bro, people are either very stoopid or just go along for the free stuff they will get from looting. These franchises are mostly owned by Nigerian, employing Nigerians.
that's the truth, we are only hurting ourselves here. A better approach would be for our government to review our relations with SA by applying punitive measures diplomatically that can affect their citizens
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by ChristianEast: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2019
slaughteringNG:

yes they heavily indebted but if the packet out of nigeria they will not play debt i that is what happened. This movement buhari is begging other countries to cancel Nigeria's debt so piling more debt is not even good for Nigeria
You need help.

Those debts are tied to a collateral and again, no government will allow them to even pack. Their assets would be frozen and then nationalized.

It won't hurt us in anyway rather it would save us from repatriating our FX to SA.

Go school you need agree.

Are you aware that Union Bank was formerly Barclay Bank but nationalized by the Military? Forte Oil formerly AP was a British oil company known as British Petroleum.

It was nationalized by the government and they sold their shares to Nigerian citizens.

If we nationalize SA companies, it would save us a lot of repatriated funds and SAs would sit up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by MPSA(m): 9:14am On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

This is not about drugs or crimes because of deep-rooted hatred. The population of whites in SA is only 8% but they control about 80% of the lands in SA and runs SA economy 100%.

The frustrated blacks are only taking it out on their fellow blacks.

If you have been to SA, then you would know this has nothing to do with crime. The blacks in SA will tell you Nigerians are taking their girls and employments.

Their xenophobic attack started against Malawians, then Zimbabwe, Tanzanians.

Are those people Igbos?

Again, if SA don't do drugs nobody would carry drugs into SA.

But why not identify the drug dealers and deal with them instead of randomly killing every Nigerian.

When the Hausas were killing Igbos in Kano, they organised themselves into a defence structure, Igbos in SA has the same structure and capable of defending themselves to an extent.

When this was trending on Twitter yesterday, Igbos released a video where they said in Igbo language nothing is happening.

Have you wondered why the rest of the South were protesting and destroying properties but nothing of such happened in the East?

Keep demonizing Igbos because of hatred, as if your people are saints.

If Buhari likes he should protect Nigerians in SA, if he doesn't, he should continue being a dead wood.

E no consign us.
Don't involve white South Africans on your Problems, You have Nothing to do with South African Problems, If that 8% South Africans own our economy, What is your contribution in South Africa since you fail to manage yourself? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by ChristianEast: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2019
slaughteringNG:

I am not saying you must destroy anything foreign companies what I am saying is any damage you do ondo South African companies in Nigeria what this means is your you and your children are going to pay for the damage including the working class and going to pay for it. This foreign companies before they come into Nigeria they have a plan so if anything goes on they will just leave the country and leave the country owing money. So it is the Nigerian people which end up Paying back money especially the civil servants and taxpayers. What I am trying to tell you is whatever angle you look at this Nigeria is definitely on the losing side South Africa is ranked about 46 in the world in investments we are like 136 in the world in investment South Africa has a lot of foreign investment we do not have any so destroyed the little South African companies in Nigeria is shooting ourselves in the head while trying to make noise
LIES!!!
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by francisisking: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2019
Zoharariel:

Exactly! They think it is every ethnicity or race that will accommodate their shenanigans & despicable lifestyles.

When you refuse to discipline your wayward children at home, they would be disciplined by strangers outside your home.

Now, they're calling for "Operation Destroy Your MTN Sims" & "Total Boycott of South Afrikan Businesses".

I wonder if it was their parents that bought me my MTN sim card or DSTV.

When you refuse to conduct yourselves in civil manner like the rest of other Nationals, then be prepared to face the consequences of your actions.

You travel abroad with your primitive & dishonest mentality to dis-virgin our National image through your cocaine-trafficking, fake drugs & armed-robbery business in your host Countries - and then think you can blackmail the FG into coming to your rescue.

Even if Nigeria is a failed state, should that be a justification for their greed & unruly behaviour everywhere they go?

Their people are on death-row in virtually all the prisons worldwide.

Chinese Prisons, Malaysian Prisons, Cambodian Prisons, Indonesian Prisons, Ghanian Prison - and even Benin Republic Prison.

Yet, they refuse to learn.

The Nigerian Army should do the needful. Anybody wey do anyhow, let them see anyhow - Nonsense!
u are senseless..... so all those shops they were looting are into illegal business... the problem u have is u were raised by parents who only taught u "our tribe" before a Nigerian... stop this ur hatred, it will kill u faster before ur time.
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by cybriz82(m): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2019
xmanco42:
you are worrying about those who lost their job, what about those who lost their life.
Modified.

Tell em..
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by West2019(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2019
Them should go and arrest Those SA too.
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by GMbuharii: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

This is not about drugs or crimes because of deep-rooted hatred. The population of whites in SA is only 8% but they control about 80% of the lands in SA and runs SA economy 100%.

The frustrated blacks are only taking it out on their fellow blacks.

If you have been to SA, then you would know this has nothing to do with crime. The blacks in SA will tell you Nigerians are taking their girls and employments.

Their xenophobic attack started against Malawians, then Zimbabwe, Tanzanians.

Are those people Igbos?

Again, if SA don't do drugs nobody would carry drugs into SA.

But why not identify the drug dealers and deal with them instead of randomly killing every Nigerian.

When the Hausas were killing Igbos in Kano, they organised themselves into a defence structure, Igbos in SA has the same structure and capable of defending themselves to an extent.

When this was trending on Twitter yesterday, Igbos released a video where they said in Igbo language nothing is happening.

Have you wondered why the rest of the South were protesting and destroying properties but nothing of such happened in the East?

Keep demonizing Igbos because of hatred, as if your people are saints.

If Buhari likes he should protect Nigerians in SA, if he doesn't, he should continue being a dead wood.

E no consign us.

I am so angry with you....why the hell did you glorify that "human being" with such a response?! angry
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Kay17: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2019
BuhariBuster:
It doesn't matter who works there as long as the master is South African, I believe the message should be sent direct and clear.

However, thieves are taking advantage of the whole situation

Capitalism has no nationality.
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by ThatFairGuy: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2019
MUMU talk. Warp
If Government refused to take drastic measure in curbing the assault melted on our people, what else do you think can be as message to those(SA Government) that can stop it over there but refused to....
Seems like you haven't watched some clips of how Nigerians are treated by SA.. Don't Say this nonsense in presence of concerned citizens else you'll be seen as one and get yourself blamed..... Life First before ANYTHING
Nonsensical
[s]
kenwhawha:
Police Should Arrest and Deal with Anyone Involved in Burning SA Businesses in Lagos. Sense you don't have. Why are you burning SA businesses staffed and largely employ 99% Nigerians? If you burn them down, tomorrow where will these Nigerians go and work? Are you okay?
[/s]
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by slaughteringNG: 9:56am On Sep 04, 2019
Moneyboyz:
Alaye come and arrest them, if your families are among those that were burnt, raped and killed you won't come out to yarn this rubbish.

If the government won't stand up for us, then it's time to stand up for ourselves. Oh I forgot the Bullhari adminstration doesn't care about human lives, since it's not cows or Fulani herdsmen.. most of the people killed are Yoruba's and Igbo's

you will not fight for your country why don't you go and fights boko Haram or fulani herdsmen. But you will rather go to another man's land and want to fight him in his land for a country him his family and his ancestors sweated to build can't you see you're just lazy illiterate

South African government cannot stop it it will turn into a genocide like Rwanda. In South Africa today there are three times more assault rifles than people. Not only South Africa Zimbabwe Botswana Namibia there more assault rifles than people in this countries. If the government tries to do anything the government can fall. It has happened in wonder Angola Mozambique the people will just pick up arms and start fighting the government and the country is in civil war
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Mcsoja: 10:14am On Sep 04, 2019
All the politician we have in this country are our worst nightmare if they did they job at least they will be good job,companies and some many good things for Nigerians to get themselves involved in to radically reduce the unemployment that's rocking this nation like Philippians typhoon forcing our people to go to a country like SA that can not compared to Nigeria in all ramifications
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by chigo5(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2019
Zoharariel:

Exactly! They think it is every ethnicity or race that will accommodate their shenanigans & despicable lifestyles.

When you refuse to discipline your wayward children at home, they would be disciplined by strangers outside your home.

Now, they're calling for "Operation Destroy Your MTN Sims" & "Total Boycott of South Afrikan Businesses".

When you refuse to conduct yourselves in civil manner like the rest of other Nationals, then be prepared to face the consequences of your actions.

You travel abroad with your primitive & dishonest mentality to dis-virgin our National image through your cocaine-trafficking, fake drugs & armed-robbery business in your host Countries - and then think you can blackmail the FG into coming to your rescue.

Even if Nigeria is a failed state, should that be a justification for their greed & unruly behaviour everywhere they go?

Chinese Prisons, Malaysian Prisons, Cambodian Prisons, Indonesian Prisons, Ghanian Prison - and even Benin Republic Prison.

The Nigerian Army should do the needful. Anybody wey do anyhow, let them see anyhow - Nonsense!
in sa Zimbabweans and somalians r the most attacked national in Da, cuz they live mostly in township, Nigerians don't like living in townships cus of xenophobic characters of black sa
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by slaughteringNG: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

Where you go school sef?

So, Etisalat, Econet, Zain left their debts to Nigeria when they left?

You need help.

Did the debt from etisalat force the banks in Nigeria to mage banks like diamond Bank. Econet strive masiyiwa only owned 20% of the company the rest was Nigerian Bank When Econet folded up . Strive masiyiwa borrowed 300 million dollars to start-up Econet in Nigeria from banks. Look at your so-called richest black man in Africa for his oil refinery he even borrowed money from World Bank and IMF and South African companies. He has borrowed over 4 billion US dollar. Just look at etisalat nobody really knows how much money etisalat plunge Nigeria into debt. That's why the banks are complaining. In the last one year in Nigeria bank borrowed 19 trillion Naira from the Federal Government
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by slaughteringNG: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians with blame South Africa for killing three Nigerians after in Nigerian short a South African bus driver dead. But they will not look at Saudi Arabia which executed 23 Nigerians in one day. None of those Nigerians in Saudi Arabia got any trial in court just pick them up from the road and executed them.. in China there are more than 4500 Nigerians in prison everyday China executes 2 to 3 Nigerians everyday no trial then Nigerian will blame South African.

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by slaughteringNG: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

You need help.

Those debts are tied to a collateral and again, no government will allow them to even pack. Their assets would be frozen and then nationalized.

It won't hurt us in anyway rather it would save us from repatriating our FX to SA.

Are you aware that Union Bank was formerly Barclay Bank but nationalized by the Military? Forte Oil formerly AP was a British oil company known as British Petroleum.

It was nationalized by the government and they sold their shares to Nigerian citizens.

If we nationalize SA companies, it would save us a lot of repatriated funds and SAs would sit up.

Thank you very much I have now hit the nail on the head where are those companies today bissu code Barclays Bank is now unionbank and it is the heaviest dated bank in the whole country these services are so useless that nobody banks with them. British Petroleum was nationalized into African Petroleum. Please tell me where is African petroleum today. Nnpc is making a loss of 2.2 million u.s. dollar every 24 hours. Nitel Nigeria Nigerian Airways Elijah Steel plant Nigeria all of these companies have packed up birthday date is still increasing on a daily basis Nigerian Airways planes are still being held in France Germany Sweden and we are still paying debt. When a company defaults all over the world the debt goes to the taxpayers to pay it off even in America. Look at General Motors in America it is a private company under George Bush they borrowed 6 billion US dollar under under Obama the borrowed 800 million US dollar and now under Donald Trump they want to borrow 500 million US dollar all of this money is going on the American taxpayers to billed out the company's out
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by slaughteringNG: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

LIES!!!

Please tell me how am I lying you are one of those which do not want to hear the truth Nigeria is just a dead donkey which the people are just used to vote nothing else

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 04, 2019
Neddstark:

You want to kill him? Whats the difference between you and the south african murderers?
Who said anything about killing?
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 04, 2019
olaeffect:

I really don't think so. All Nigerian business debt in SA is not up to 10% of Mtn debt alone.

The big businesses owned by Nigerians in SA are investment by our politicians with looted funds, which to me are not businesses but investment avenues. Because such businesses don't even repatriate profits to Nigerian economy, since they are setup with stolen funds in the first place.

Businesses abroad do not repatriate funds to nigeira because on average Nigeria does not care and Nigeria cannot even calculate the amount of profits those businesses make.

MTN makes billions of naira annually, they don't have any real debts, except the fine nigeria slammed on dem
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2019
Neddstark:

They have. You no dey read news?

I have been actively online since 2007. I have also been online on Twitter, Facebook m everywhere else since Sunday that this madness happened, I am.yet to see MTN or Stanbic bank or Shoprite condemn the attacks
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2019
demefaboy:
Funny u they won't even care. Do u know how much they make just on Cape town film studios? USA film producers beg to shoot there. SA is not your poor country Nigeria. They see Nigerians as trash. My advice is stay in Nigeria or go elsewhere

South Africa makes more money from Nigeria than they make from America, no even go there.

South Africans don't see Nigeria as trash, GEJ dealt with them squarely wen they deported 125 Nigerians under accusations of fake yellow fever results and wen they did this xenophobic nonsense last. GEJ forced them to take decisive steps to end the problem n forced their president to publicly apologise to Nigeria.

If S.A lose the investments they have in Nigeria, they lost a lot.

1 Like

Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by animitch(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
Zoharariel:

*THUNDER WEY NO GET BROTHER FIRE YOU THERE*
*IDIOT*
*IF YOU ARE A NIGERIAN AND I SEE YOU, I WILL TERM YOU SOUTH AFRICAN AND KILL YOU*
*DONT YOU HAVE EYES?*
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by animitch(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
demefaboy:
I don't care if they are attacked there it's not a do or die thing to stay in SA.

*A BIG FOOL*
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
demefaboy:
I thought was talking to someone well enlightened but now I know I am talking to one of those hear say and illiterate boys who go praising Nigeria with fake numbers. How will they be benefiting more from Nigeria when they do business with countries which currencies are 300 times better than Naira? Nigeria has nothing to offer any country even in west Africa

I also thought I was talking to a normal human being, now I've seen that ur a classic case of "schooling destroyed my education"

""Nigeria has nothing to offer any country even in west Africa""

U don't want to use what remains of ur brain.

MTN Nigeria has over 60 million users in Nigeria.

Almost everyone in Nigeria uses GoTv n dstv.

Millions of Nigerians have bank accounts with Stanbic Bank.

Almost all states in Nigeria has 1 or more shoprite malls.

There's also Protea Hotels in all important Nigerian cites.

Same applies to South African breweries, South African airways,EsKom, PEP Retail and another over 100 South African brands doing business in Nigeria.

South Africa has billion of dollars to lose annually if they lose their Nigerian market so clear well
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by Area4Area: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
ChristianEast:

You need help.

Your head correct and has enough oil
Re: Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops by olaeffect(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Businesses abroad do not repatriate funds to nigeira because on average Nigeria does not care and Nigeria cannot even calculate the amount of profits those businesses make.

MTN makes billions of naira annually, they don't have any real debts, except the fine nigeria slammed on dem

If you don't believe me, Google is your friend. Mtn still accessed fresh loan of N200bn from 7 Nigerian banks this year 2019.
Because a business is making billions daily does not mean they can't or don't borrow.
If you know Dangote loan/bebt you will faint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) / Omokri: I’ll Give You $100,000 If You Can Show Where CSU Registrar Denied Tinubu / Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.