Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting (13396 Views)

Buhari Cancels Scheduled Appearance Before House Of Reps / Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari / Buhari Cancels $195 Million Security Contract Promoted By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by IchieGroup: 1:16am On Sep 04, 2019
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting will not take place as scheduled on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.

According to Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity, 'this is due to the fact that all the memos earlier submitted to the Council for consideration have been returned to the various Ministries. This action will allow Ministers who were recently sworn in have their inputs in the memos sent by their predecessors in office'.

Similarly, the period is to enable the Ministers, who are still taking briefs from bureaucrats in the Ministries and familiarizing themselves with their work space, have more time to contribute to discussions at the meeting.

They will also utilize the period of the break to work towards the early preparation and submission of the 2020 budget estimates.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/09/04/president-buhari-cancels-this-weeks-federal-executive-council-meeting/

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by CanadaOrBust: 1:23am On Sep 04, 2019
Baba is not feeling too well

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by DrNueLpureHoney: 1:55am On Sep 04, 2019
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first sad

Buhari just dey fry Akara on top our head.

No be to dey fight for political posts be the issue... The issue is...Can you utilize your position and make use of your power judiciously?

I weep on behalf of Nigerians.... We literally have a virtual President who goes about giving us essays to read instead of taking actions.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Eroms4life17(m): 2:34am On Sep 04, 2019
Did the meeting of last week hold? No. This is the 2nd week in a roll and someone says this man has anything to offer?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by StillX10(m): 3:39am On Sep 04, 2019
Failed humans

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Pentasoft1978: 3:49am On Sep 04, 2019
confused old cargoes

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by VisioDirect: 3:54am On Sep 04, 2019
This man will go down as the worst president in history of this nation, the government has got no human feelings. Just to take action on the xenophobia attacks on Nigeria, the man has been dragging feet.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by aolawale025: 8:09am On Sep 04, 2019
Laziness in high places

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by mrvitalis(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2019
An opportunity to tell Nigerians how the government is handling the south african issue has been wasted

So the president mean this attacks dont warrant FEC meetings ??

Believe me people would still support this man

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Charleys: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2019
mrvitalis:
An opportunity to tell Nigerians how the government is handling the south african issue has been wasted

So the president mean this attacks dont warrant NEC meetings ??

Believe me people would still support this man

It's FEC not NEC.
If it was NEC it would have been a little bit acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Racoon(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2019
mrvitalis:
An opportunity to tell Nigerians how the government is handling the south african issue has been wasted.So the president mean this attacks dont warrant NEC meetings ?? Believe me people would still support this man
A matter of national & even international emergency is being treated with levity. sad I mean ehen-the most useless govt ever seen in the annals of this nation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by samyyoung1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
Am really angry too, but once I can loot a 54' inch plasma TV, I will be okay.....
Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by freemanbubble: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Okay
Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2019

at first i was thinking He cancelled it because of the xenophobic attacks going on.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by globalresource: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Go slow undecided
Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by donprinyo(m): 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
Dumb people, keep getting dumber. Kudos dumbasses

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Gritti: 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
Baba go slow getting slower.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Sunnycliff(m): 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
I thought it was because of the xenophobic attacks...

Buhari I don't want to insult u shaa but we will make you the life president of this country.

Everyone is happy. You are the best. Even if all Nigerians die in RSA we believe you have the best interest of the citizens both at home and in diaspora.

Keep your good work.
Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by mooremoney(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
I wish our president is alive to see how South Africans are killing our people

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by nonye6194: 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
If it were cows that were attacked in South Africa, he would've been in Johannesburg by yesterday. Docile president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
IchieGroup:
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting will not take place as scheduled on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.

According to Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity, 'this is due to the fact that all the memos earlier submitted to the Council for consideration have been returned to the various Ministries. This action will allow Ministers who were recently sworn in have their inputs in the memos sent by their predecessors in office'.

Similarly, the period is to enable the Ministers, who are still taking briefs from bureaucrats in the Ministries and familiarizing themselves with their work space, have more time to contribute to discussions at the meeting.

They will also utilize the period of the break to work towards the early preparation and submission of the 2020 budget estimates.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/09/04/president-buhari-cancels-this-weeks-federal-executive-council-meeting/

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL FAILURE................................
NO BRAIN..............................................

ANYWAYS NA NAIJA DEY LOOK FOR THEIR CHANGE FROM AN OLD CARGO
Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by Angy55(f): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
I shake my head.
Re: President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting by okeniti: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
History will be the judge of this administration.

VisioDirect:
This man will go down as the worst president in history of this nation, the government has got no human feelings. Just to take action on the xenophobia attacks on Nigeria, the man has been dragging feet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria And UK Agree Deal To Tackle Illegal Migration / Buhari Has Mortgaged Nigeria’s Future, Says Don / Usman Yusuf: Tinubu's Politics Regional, APC Governors Won't Deliver (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.