Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? (1291 Views)

Fashola: Naira Notes Scarcity Hurting Nigerians, The Policy Must Be Reviewed / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks / How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by horsepower101: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
I have seen multiple threads and social commentary about xenophobia within the past 48 hours. The response is very vocal and strong and has even force some Nigerian politicians to react. This is in fact very commendable.

Now here is the problem.

Where where you all these years people in the middle belt were and still being systematically wiped out by Fulani Herdsmen?

Where were you when Nigerians were beings slaughtered in Libya?

Where was your protest when Northerners kill and burn down stores of fellow Nigerians. This is a historical record that even the devil cannot deny. Northerners in particular have done far much worse than South African hoodlums can ever dream of.

Where was your protest when UNARMED civilians are slaughtered in cold blood for protests which happen in other countries everyday.

Where is your protest when army and police kill those who refuse to bribe them?

Where is your protest for the restructuring of NIgeria failed political and economic system?

There are just too many things I can think of that Nigerians kept quiet and acted like it is normal.

I mean are Nigerians just naturally born to be hypocrites?

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Meti99(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
My brother, Nigerians have always shown their displeasures in all those instances you mentioned above.
But it is a different ball game when you are fighting an external enemy in unity and when you are fighting an internal enemy especially when your leader has interest in the enemy

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by JusticeSeeker: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
your post need not be dignified with a response.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by mayorlee007: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
You are a mumu, internal issues are always there and will remain there. Even in the middle belt are killing themselves (tivs and jukun). Do u know how many Fulani's have also been kiiled by middlebeltans?
In Libya the Nigerians that die there took the risk when even govt have warned severally that the country is not save. How can any sane human being go to Libya in the middle of a civil war, it is likegoing to Syria. Now you are the biggest hypocrite cos instead of showing solidarity to your people you are pointing out that people are hypocrite. what have you done to help curb this issues. Nigerians are being killed for succeeding in another country. When has success become a crime.
I say again you are a mumu and a disgrace to this country. just feel you can post stuff because you can buy data of 5h

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Beremx(f): 3:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
We were here and We condemned it. What are you now saying?
Oga park well joor!
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by blujoi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
I think you need to re-access your definition of hypocrisy. First of all, the Nigerian society is constantly evolving, thank to social media, people can now let the authorities know exactly how they feel. Now all those issues you just mentioned, Nigerians expressed their outrage on them. Have you forgotten how vocal they were with the Fulani herdsmen issue? Killing and burning of igbo shops in the north has drastically reduced due to the fear of reprisal attacks. You also cannot deny that Nigerians have been vocal against police brutality, restructuring and so many internal issues bedeviling us.

It also will be good if someof these issues you mentioned you choose one and spearhead the protest, either physically or through the social media. People like Segalinks and Behind Bars Initiative are Nigerians just like you. Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by naptu2: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
horsepower101:
I have seen multiple threads and social commentary about xenophobia within the past 48 hours. The response is very vocal and strong and has even force some Nigerian politicians to react. This is in fact very commendable.

Now here is the problem.

There are just too many things I can think of that Nigerians kept quiet and acted like it is normal.

https://www.nairaland.com/612517/libya-gaddafi-stalls-evacuation-nigerians#7805060

https://www.nairaland.com/616602/nigerian-ambassador-runs-away-leaving#7844976
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Super HYPOCRITES o!

Empty vessels. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by icebird25(m): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Since I joined nairaland this is the most useless post I had ever seen on this forum

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
icebird25:
Since I joined nairaland this is the most useless post I had ever seen on this forum
blujoi:
I think you need to re-access your definition of hypocrisy. First of all, the Nigerian society is constantly evolving, thank to social media, people can now let the authorities know exactly how they feel. Now all those issues you just mentioned, Nigerians expressed their outrage on them. Have you forgotten how vocal they were with the Fulani herdsmen issue? Killing and burning of igbo shops in the north has drastically reduced due to the fear of reprisal attacks. You also cannot deny that Nigerians have been vocal against police brutality, restructuring and so many internal issues bedeviling us.

It also will be good if someof these issues you mentioned you choose one and spearhead the protest, either physically or through the social media. People like Segalinks and Behind Bars Initiative are Nigerians just like you. Peace
[q
Meti99:
My brother, Nigerians have always shown their displeasures in all those instances you mentioned above.
But it is a different ball game when you are fighting an external enemy in unity and when you are fighting an internal enemy especially when your leader has interest in the enemy
uote author=blujoi post=81916959]I think you need to re-access your definition of hypocrisy. First of all, the Nigerian society is constantly evolving, thank to social media, people can now let the authorities know exactly how they feel. Now all those issues you just mentioned, Nigerians expressed their outrage on them. Have you forgotten how vocal they were with the Fulani herdsmen issue? Killing and burning of igbo shops in the north has drastically reduced due to the fear of reprisal attacks. You also cannot deny that Nigerians have been vocal against police brutality, restructuring and so many internal issues bedeviling us.

It also will be good if someof these issues you mentioned you choose one and spearhead the protest, either physically or through the social media. People like Segalinks and Behind Bars Initiative are Nigerians just like you. Peace[/quote]
These persons have responded to your query
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by udemzyudex(m): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
This op is dull.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Biafrannuke: 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
horsepower101:

Now here is the problem.

Where where you all these years people in the middle belt were and still being systematically wiped out by Fulani Herdsmen?

Where was your protest when Northerners kill and burn down stores of fellow Nigerians. This is a historical record that even the devil cannot deny. Northerners in particular have done far much worse than South African hoodlums can ever dream of.

Where was your protest when UNARMED civilians are slaughtered in cold blood for protests which happen in other countries everyday.

Where is your protest for the restructuring of NIgeria failed political and economic system?

They don't even know that the nefarious xenophobic attacks is a fallout of widespread frustration among South Africans about their conditions.

When will zoo people who are being subjected to far more terrible conditions hold only a demonstration against their worse govt.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by wirinet(m): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
horsepower101:

Now here is the problem.

I don't understand the sense of this post. People protest issues they choose to protest. You cannot question or impose your will on what another person decide to protest against. If you are pained or concerned about a particular issue, nothing stops you from protesting that issue.
What stopped you from protesting Nigerians being slaughtered in Libya, Fulani herdsmen, for restructuring, and all those things you listed. Are you expecting others to protest on your behalf, while you sit in your parlour watching bigbrother naija?

People choose to protest the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, because it is their perogative and they don't owe you any apology.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by saaron(m): 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Those who are indifferent about fulani genocide against Nigerian people in their communities and villages right here in Nigeria have suddenly found their voice againts Xenophobia in far away South Africa.
Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by wirinet(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
saaron:
Those who are indifferent about fulani genocide against Nigerian people in their communities and villages right here in Nigeria have suddenly found their voice againts Xenophobia in far away South Africa.
Bloody hypocrites.
And you that is candid, what stops you from protesting against Fulani herdsmen, and is obsessed with what others are protesting about?
Last time I checked, we are in a democracy. People choose what they want to protest about. Oloshos have even protested that police should stop harassing them and protect them instead.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by MPSA(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
horsepower101:

Now here is the problem.

They are trying to feel important, Nothing else grin Xenophobic is wrong, But their noise is too much grin I am Not sure this true grin https://www.nairaland.com/5398614/xenophobia-hundreds-nigerians-south-africa#down
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by 1Sharon(f): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
I thought you were going to talk about the Ghana must go saga...but ok
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by gidgiddy: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
horsepower101:

Now here is the problem.

Nigerians are natural hypocrites. The only reason they are violently protesting the killings in South Africa is because it is being done by South Africans.

If it was done by Nigerians, they would be ok with it

Far worse killings have happened in Nigeria without a word, in some cases, they even support it

Soldiers have killed hundreds of unarmed IPOB, some Nigerians are happy

Herdsmen have killed thousands, some are happy

Did you see any Nigerian protest when Soldiers murdered over 1000 unarmed shiites in 2016?

But if a few Nigerians are killed in South Africa, they start looking for Shoprite to burn because it was South Africans that did it

The protest is not about the killings, it is about the fact that South Africans did the killings

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by wirinet(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
1Sharon:
I thought you were going to talk about the Ghana must go saga...but ok
Ghana must go was a government policy, just like the present "immigrants must go" policy of Trump. It was not a kill Ghanaians mass action.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by 1Sharon(f): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
wirinet:

Ghana must go was a government policy, just like the present "immigrants must go" policy of Trump. It was not a kill Ghanaians mass action.

Still xenophobia. Does that make it Ok?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by wirinet(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
gidgiddy:

Nigerians are natural hypocrites. The only reason they are violently protesting the killings in South Africa is because it is being done by South Africans.

If it was done by Nigerians, they would be ok with it

Far worse killings have happened in Nigeria without a word, in some cases, they even support it

Soldiers have killed hundreds of unarmed IPOB, some Nigerians are happy

Herdsmen have killed thousands, some are happy

But if a few Nigerians are killed in South Africa , they start looking for Shoprite to burn because it was South Africans that did it

The protest is not about the killings, it is about the fact that South Africans did the killings

Only a few Nigerians are killed in South Africa? You are a pathetic sadist
So other countries nationals that are also protesting are lying or stupid. Is this the first time Nigerians and other country's nationals have been brutally murdered in South Africa. You make it seem as this is a minor one off case.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
This is trash not a thread.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Litmus: 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
1Sharon:

Still xenophobia. Does that make it Ok?

Ghanians should have blamed their government. If thire government wasn't crap they shouldn't have been in Nigeria.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by gidgiddy: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
wirinet:

Only a few Nigerians are killed in South Africa? You are a pathetic sadist
So other countries nationals that are also protesting are lying or stupid. Is this the first time Nigerians and other country's nationals have been brutally murdered in South Africa. You make it seem as this is a minor one off case.

I am a sadist when few Nigerians are killed in SA? What does that say of Nigerians that cheered or are not bothered when hundreds of unarmed IPOB and Shiites are murdered by Soldiers who are paid to protect them?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by wirinet(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
gidgiddy:

I am a sadist when few Nigerians are killed in SA? What does that say of Nigerians that cheered or are not bothered when hundreds of unarmed IPOB and Shiites are murdered by Soldiers who are paid to protect them?
OK, I now understand. It a IPOB thing. I never expected IPOB to be rational. But, you are aware that over 90% of Nigerians killed in South Africa are igbos. Should not IPOB that claim to be fighting the cause of the Igbos be more concerned than saying "few Nigerians are killed in SA?"
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by Litmus: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
gidgiddy:

I know what you mean. It was kind of annoying the fuss America made just because a bunch of Arabs flew plane into thire twin towers and killed a few thousands of people. America went nuts and virtually waged war in the Middle East the ramifications of which is still felt today. And yet Americans kill far more Americans every year than Usama did that day. Hypocritical Americans.
Re: Xenophobia: Are Nigerians The Biggest Hypocrites In Human History? by adekolaelect(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2019
And na one piking post this?

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen From Across West Africa To Benefit From FG Livestock Plan. / The Speech That Landed Orji Uzoh Kalu In Prison (video) / Video :again ISWAP Captures Many Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.