Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 (40718 Views)

Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by pat077: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
Even Mali and Burkina faso is ahead of us. SHAME.

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Mauritius has very good roads, I can attest. All tarred, no single muddy paths anywhere.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Amuluonyenaego: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
firegirl99:
what a shame giant of africa
ur number is not showing well thereby making it difficult to reach u
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by relicng: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
We shall soon get there..... Somebody is asking where... Let me come and be going.

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandstar:
This figure is a disgrace, a massive disgrace.

If a country like Rwanda which has a GDP at most a third of Nigeria and with virtually little or no resource, then corruption is a very serious. The culture of impunity is simply too ingrained and Buhari has barely shifted it a tiny little bit.

The sad and abysmal state of things is the mirror reflection of Babangidas rule.

He completely corrupted the polity as he made corruption honourable and fantastically corruption, noble in deed.

To understand how much he corrupted the system, it was his time i. power when 419 started. CBN office on Lagos Island was even used to swindle unsuspecting foreigners. It was respectable to be a thief.

The entire gulf war windfall disappeared without a trace.

Also, mediocrity was endorsed while merit be damned. Prior to Babangida, it was said that NEPA employed the bezt electrical graduates in the country. All that stopped. Cronies were just given posts so they can simply come and chop. Standards sank and thats the way rhings are today. Many institution are in tatters.

How can you build enough roads or manage them properly when the cost are 3 times the normal sum. Despite the stratastrphic prices, a shoddy job may be carried out. Worse, no one is made accountable and therefore perpetuating impunity.

Rawlings left a culture of probity in Ghana while Babangida left the opposite.
Mauritius dts in the top 4 of this list has roads dt are even of better quality than some European countries. Smooth, well marked and everywhere is tarred. They don't suffer power cuts. They have just 2 universities dt are beautiful, and their airports are top notch. All they sell is Sugar & Tourism.

If Nigerians knew how terrible this country is, they will reduce their shoulder when they're having all these useless online arguments.

5 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
izombie:
zimbabwe was like south africa, infractructure wise before mugabe. Their environment is still one of the best in africa.
what do you mean by before Mugabe? he is all they have known since independence. Mugabe from 1980-2017

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
amazon14:
Nigeria the ant of Africa
More like it. And some people will be shouting 'ordinary ghana'. If ghana is so ordinary, why are Nigerians trooping there in their millions. Oshi.

4 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by babasolution: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

Mauritius dts in the top 4 of this list has roads dt are even of better quality than some European countries. Smooth, well marked and everywhere is tarred. They don't suffer power cuts. They have just 2 universities dt are beautiful, and their airports are top notch. All they sell is Sugar & Tourism.

If Nigerians knew how terrible this country is, they will reduce their shoulder when they're having all these useless online arguments.

wat is the population of mauritius abeg,why are you people like this,wat is all these so much hate for your own country
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
greatermeme:
Rwanda, a country that went through Genocide in 1994, making #2 on the list!

Genocide doesnt destroy roads. Their leaders aren't corrupt.

I get what u mean about the instability of war though.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
babasolution:

wat is the population of mauritius abeg,why are you people like this,wat is all these so much hate for your own country

If the problem is population, then why don't we split? Do you think it's right to continue like this? On the road to nowhere? (Pun intended)

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
martineverest:
did autojosh travel to those countries to confirm b4 posting this?
He is wrong about most of the things he put up there undecided
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by greatermeme: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

Genocide doesnt destroy roads. Their leaders aren't corrupt.

I get what u mean about the instability of war though.
I assume you did not know: War is the worst thing to happen to a country! It takes decades to recover, if possible!
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Kingspin(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
We keep telling some people that Nigeria is a joke.

Forget the noise

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Dedetwo:

How of these countries have enjoyed the dividends of liquid gold since 1961 as Nigeria did? There is nothing more natural that make the inhabitants of the shithole called Nigeria look good and healthy than disintegration of the joke.

An economist article once said dt '75% of Nigeria's oil wealth is lost to corruption'.

Dts what we did wt liquid gold. We can see what the UAE did with theirs.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
nwanneni:
He is wrong about most of the things he put up there undecided
Be deceiving ourselves. Hope u didn't enter potopoto road as u came out of ur house. Hope when u finally found tarred road, it did not have potholes.
Hope u know Nigeria is not just Abuja, Lagos, Uyo & Kano.

3 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by mechanics(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nawa o, even SA made the list.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
mechanics:
Nawa o, even SA made the list.
What do u mean 'even SA?', have u ever been to SA?
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

Be deceiving ourselves. Hope u didn't enter potopoto road as u came out of ur house. Hope when u finally found tarred road, it did not have potholes.
Hope u know Nigeria is not just Abuja, Lagos, Uyo & Kano.
undecided
The last country to call a one city wonder in Africa is Nigeria.
I have first hand experience on some of the countries the guy mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Meti99(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
I am still looking for Nigeria on that list o
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by grandstar(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

Mauritius is a paradise compared to Nigeria. The Export Processing Zone which they set up in the 80's is the bedrock of the prosperity the country enjoys today.

I didn't know tourism was that big.in Mauritius. It's not surprising. Just receiv8ng 1m tourist a year in that small nation will be a boom.

My brothers best friend Jayden, is from there. he's of Indian descent and brags about them having the largest hotels in the world. There's is some truths to.that, though highly exxagerated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by wman(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
Franking:

U need to visit Zimbabwe. Their infrastructures are a million times better than what Nigeria can ever hope to get.

Thanks to the whites that stayed there for a long time. Just like South Africa.

When Mugabe took over, things started going down south.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by babasolution: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

If the problem is population, then why don't we split? Do you think it's right to continue like this? On the road to nowhere? (Pun intended)

nigeria is going somewere,your hate doesnt let u see it
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by piagetskinner(m): 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerian is always backward in everything except kwarapshion

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Ttipsy(f): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
honestly we have roads. but the roads we have here are dirty and unkept.
when will Nigerians learn
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by urahara(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandstar:
This figure is a disgrace, a massive disgrace.

If a country like Rwanda which has a GDP at most a third of Nigeria and with virtually little or no resource, then corruption is a very serious. The culture of impunity is simply too ingrained and Buhari has barely shifted it a tiny little bit.

The sad and abysmal state of things is the mirror reflection of Babangidas rule.

He completely corrupted the polity as he made corruption honourable and fantastically corruption, noble in deed.

To understand how much he corrupted the system, it was his time i. power when 419 started. CBN office on Lagos Island was even used to swindle unsuspecting foreigners. It was respectable to be a thief.

The entire gulf war windfall disappeared without a trace.

Also, mediocrity was endorsed while merit be damned. Prior to Babangida, it was said that NEPA employed the bezt electrical graduates in the country. All that stopped. Cronies were just given posts so they can simply come and chop. Standards sank and thats the way rhings are today. Many institution are in tatters.

How can you build enough roads or manage them properly when the cost are 3 times the normal sum. Despite the stratastrphic prices, a shoddy job may be carried out. Worse, no one is made accountable and therefore perpetuating impunity.

Rawlings left a culture of probity in Ghana while Babangida left the opposite.

I have a feeling this wef stats are highly subjective. How can Rwanda with such a small gdp per capita have one of the best roads in Africa?
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Glorymax: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
I wasn't expecting to see Nigeria in that list either. As a country, we have lost all, and no hope or respite as long as these crops of directionless persons occupy leadership positions.
It's high time the citizens stand up to ensure right things are done or else, we are yet to see worse things as a country.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Bgetto: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
The report is notting but scam Cameron have good hmmmm media turn black to white and fool believe it,
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by DimIsaac10(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Make una go sit down... None of does countries better reach Nigeria..
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
Oh yea i can comfirm that Senegal has good roads

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
urahara:

I have a feeling this wef stats are highly subjective. How can Rwanda with such a small gdp per capita have one of the best roads in Africa?
Because they're not corrupt and government is small.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by urahara(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

Because they're not corrupt and government is small.

Botswana too isnt a corrupt country and has a small govt yet it isn't rated as high a s Rwanda despite having a per capita income of $8000 as compared to rwandas $ 800. Botswana is the least corrupt country in Africa.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Ewedegubbler: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Which Uganda.. I just left that country and ns only one good rd dey there oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Crushes University Lecturer, His Wife And Three Children To Death In Benue / The Newly Completed Olaiya Flyover In Osogbo, Osun State / Photos Of My Visit To JAY's REPTILE ZOO/SNAKEWORLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.