Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 (40778 Views)

Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by mormoney85(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandstar:
This figure is a disgrace, a massive disgrace.

If a country like Rwanda which has a GDP at most a third of Nigeria and with virtually little or no resource, then corruption is a very serious. The culture of impunity is simply too ingrained and Buhari has barely shifted it a tiny little bit.

The sad and abysmal state of things is the mirror reflection of Babangidas rule.

He completely corrupted the polity as he made corruption honourable and fantastically corruption, noble in deed.

To understand how much he corrupted the system, it was his time i. power when 419 started. CBN office on Lagos Island was even used to swindle unsuspecting foreigners. It was respectable to be a thief.

The entire gulf war windfall disappeared without a trace.

Also, mediocrity was endorsed while merit be damned. Prior to Babangida, it was said that NEPA employed the bezt electrical graduates in the country. All that stopped. Cronies were just given posts so they can simply come and chop. Standards sank and thats the way rhings are today. Many institution are in tatters.

How can you build enough roads or manage them properly when the cost are 3 times the normal sum. Despite the stratastrphic prices, a shoddy job may be carried out. Worse, no one is made accountable and therefore perpetuating impunity.

Rawlings left a culture of probity in Ghana while Babangida left the opposite.
the worst part is that mali is twice the size of Nigeria yet they have better road network more than Nigeria this is shameful

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Kennydoc(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
[s]
post=81920965:
God punish all the corrupt leaders that ruled our nation for 16 years without constructing just one major road that we are seeing on this thread, but rather looted and raped our country.
And for the bastards supporting those kind of greedy and evil thieves, same prayer goes for you.
Bastards and criminals y'all are.

They are so corrupt that they even looted money (60 BILLION NAIRA) meant to construct their National Headquarters!
And you expect them to build a country?
Hell No!
Just imagine these animals!

Good job on the major roads construction going on all around the nation by this current administration
God bless PMB.
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

One man has been ruling Lagos for over 20 years, and this is the outcome:
https://www.thecable.ng/eiu-rank-lagos-world-most-dangerous-city

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by LewinskyMon: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Eventuarry you will know what is going on. Only God can save us...
You are the wisest lady on this thread grin
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Treasure17(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
post=81920965:
God punish all the corrupt leaders that ruled our nation for 16 years without constructing just one major road that we are seeing on this thread, but rather looted and raped our country.
And for the bastards supporting those kind of greedy and evil thieves, same prayer goes for you.

They are so corrupt that they even looted money (60 BILLION NAIRA) meant to construct their National Headquarters!
Hell No!

Good job on the major roads construction going on all around the nation by this current administration
God bless PMB.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
urahara:

Botswana too isnt a corrupt country and has a small govt yet it isn't rated as high a s Rwanda despite having a per capita income of $8000 as compared to rwandas $ 800. Botswana is the least corrupt country in Africa.
Maybe they didnt spend their money on roads. This list is about roads, not per capita income.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Arizonaguy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Some countries in Africa have massively improved in all spheres, including in the quality of roads which aids ease of transportation .
The World Economic Forum (WEF), rated countries all over the world according to the quality of their roads.But in this post, we would be focusing on Africa.

Its pertinent to note that not only does the quality of roads determine how long it takes to get to our destinations, it also determines how frequently maintenance is carried out on cars due to damages caused by poor roads.

The WEF rated these countries on a scale of 1.0-7.0, 1.0 being extremely poor and 7.0 extremely good.

Let’s take a look at them

1.Namibia -5.10
2.Rwanda -4.70
3.Egypt -4.50
4.Mauritius -4.50
5.Morocco -4.50
6.Seychelles -4.50
7.South Africa -4.30
8.Swaziland -4.30
9.Kenya -4.20
10.Cape Verde -3.80
11.Gambia -3.80
12.Tunisia -3.80
13.Senegal -3.70
14.Tanzania -3.70
15.Algeria -3.60
16.Botswana -3.60
17. Seirra Leone -3.60
18.Ghana -3.50
19.Uganda -3.50
20.Mali -3.40
21.Zambia -3.40
22.Ethiopia -3.30
23.Ivory Coast -3.30
24.Burundi -3.00
25.Benin -2.90
26.Malawi -2.90
27.Cameroon -2.80
28.Liberia -2.80
29.Burkina Faso-2.70
30.Zimbabwe- 2.70

Once again, Nigeria did not make it to this list, Nigeria is 33rd in Africa, out of 38 rated African countries.In the whole world Nigeria takes the 133rd position out of 140 rated countries , with a rating of 2.40.

What do you think ?

We would love to hear from you.

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/top-30-countries-with-the-best-roads-in-africa-2018/

this rating ain't fair...it's easier to have a good road network when the size of a country is the same as the size of Ekiti state
in the case of seychelles, mauritius e.t.c. I figure that's why they fitted the bill
i would take this rating with a pinch of salt
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Houstency(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
post=8192096:

Even @Sarrki a senior PMB fanatic on NL like you reason objectively once in a while. We keep on remembering you in our prayers, your case is past redemption. Only Almighty God can do miracle on you.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Beautyaddy: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
hahahaha!!!...I am surprised that anyone of us are surprised that Nigeria didn't make the list

All the money that Nigeria is generating from Oil is being used to pay all our Senators and Law makers over 29 million and plus monthly salaries.

Most of that wasted money should have been used to improve and maintain infrastructures in Nigeria....but no. undecided
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by toobasky: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
It's a Shame
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by King204(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
33rd in africa, are u kidding me

They are lower dan dat
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by grandstar(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
urahara:

I have a feeling this wef stats are highly subjective. How can Rwanda with such a small gdp per capita have one of the best roads in Africa?

Paul Kagame their leader is a strict teetollar who abhors corruption and has appointed technocrats to manage the country.

The country is highly rated globally.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by ehispapa(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Djauro:
You mean Zimbabwe has better roads than Nigeria?

yes and better cities. infact more developed interms of infrastructure. Nigeria got nothing bro
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by akaahs(m): 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
post=81920965:

Hell No!

God bless PMB.
God bless Nigeria.
God punish all sycophants who claimed to be patriotic but fail to see the extent of damage this current administration have cause to this country.
Talk true do that thunder no go kill all of ur family members, what we have seen in the last 5 years of apc isn't worst of 16 years of PDP?
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by mechanics(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stevecovey:

What do u mean 'even SA?', have u ever been to SA?
lolz.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Souljaboi22: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
Djauro:
Even Burundi
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by dokyOloye: 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandstar:
This figure is a disgrace, a massive disgrace.

If a country like Rwanda which has a GDP at most a third of Nigeria and with virtually little or no resource, then corruption is a very serious. The culture of impunity is simply too ingrained and Buhari has barely shifted it a tiny little bit.

The sad and abysmal state of things is the mirror reflection of Babangidas rule.

He completely corrupted the polity as he made corruption honourable and fantastically corruption, noble in deed.

To understand how much he corrupted the system, it was his time i. power when 419 started. CBN office on Lagos Island was even used to swindle unsuspecting foreigners. It was respectable to be a thief.

The entire gulf war windfall disappeared without a trace.

Also, mediocrity was endorsed while merit be damned. Prior to Babangida, it was said that NEPA employed the bezt electrical graduates in the country. All that stopped. Cronies were just given posts so they can simply come and chop. Standards sank and thats the way rhings are today. Many institution are in tatters.

How can you build enough roads or manage them properly when the cost are 3 times the normal sum. Despite the stratastrphic prices, a shoddy job may be carried out. Worse, no one is made accountable and therefore perpetuating impunity.

Rawlings left a culture of probity in Ghana while Babangida left the opposite.
26yrs after he left power, you guys are still blaming Babangida.
Just like some still blame Aguiyi Ironsi up till today for being the 1st to start unitary govt.
I tire for una ooo.
My dear brother, death is the only that cannot be fixed or reversed.
As per corruption,do you know what could have happened if the cow in Aso rock had d liver to prosecute and jail a figure like Abba Kyari for his MTN bribe saga?
Automatically, everybody will sit up.So will even voluntarily vomit d ones they stole without being prompted.
Leave Babangida alone abeg.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by MrBONE2(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
Djauro:

grin
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Ikpongiton: 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
post=81920965:

Hell No!

God bless PMB.
God bless Nigeria.
what is happening to nigeria under buhari's watch,will also happen to you,your family and your unborn generation.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by tayolove12(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Probably if you get the number where Nigeria name was tell me I can check by myself thanks

Remimadrid:
Am still looking for Nigeria in that list.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by grandstar(m): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
dokyOloye:

26yrs after he left power, you guys are still blaming Babangida.
Just like some still blame Aguiyi Ironsi up till today for being the 1st to start unitary govt.
I tire for una ooo.
My dear brother, death is the only that cannot be fixed or reversed.
As per corruption,do you know what could have happened if the cow in Aso rock had d liver to prosecute and jail a figure like Abba Kyari for his MTN bribe saga?
Automatically, everybody will sit up.So will even voluntarily vomit d ones they stole without being prompted.
Leave Babangida alone abeg.

What I said is the Frank truth. I was already in secondary school when Buhari seized power and when Babangida overthrew him. I remember the Shagari era well enough.

I remember the recession that changed this country forever that started 8n 1981 and probably ended in 1987. Till date, the country still lives in the shadow of that recession.

NPN was very corrupt but Babangida's regime was a class of its own. He can't be ignored. Buhari war against corruption and gross incompetence can not be divorced.

Umaru Dikko , the transport minister of the 2nd Republic and perhaps the most corrupt politician of that government would have been lynched if he had been caught by people after the Buhari coup. A lookalike was almost lynched until they realised he was not their man.

Nowadays, politicians who are many times greedier walk the streets with their heads held high. If they are xharged, his people will scream they should leave their brother alone like Asari Dokubo did in respect of the billionairess Diezani Madueke.

Babangida deserves the blame. A 100% of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by JJCE(m): 11:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
sassysure:
Nigeria with the likes of Niger, Chad,and south and north Sudan grin
They are our brothers na grin

We have a lot in common.

At least we take first for terrorism.
That is an outstanding achievement cheesy cheesy
you better find your mate go front, I Don enter Niger before, their road better pass Nigeria road × 10..
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Omolomo4eva(m): 1:05am On Sep 05, 2019
I TOTALLY DISCONCUR,AV BN TO BENIN REP.WHERE D ROADS DAY?D STANDARD OF DAT COUNTRY IS LIKE JOS
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by owbabs: 1:21am On Sep 05, 2019
I am trying to understand why people are surprised. Nigeria's roads are not 'motorable'. People need to visit other countries to see quality.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by DeHumbleTboy: 1:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Djauro:
guess you're just waking up from sleep.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Men10: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2019
9ja dey carry last,we don't expire.Biafra is coming.
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by tck2000(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2019
stonemasonn:
The only way to fix our network of bad roads is to train thousands of Nigerians on modern road, bridge and canal constructions. Just as we have so many youths embracing IT, farming, import/export etc, we can have able youths embracing the field of civil engineering, technician, survey/design (international standard), engineering management/logistics. Government can provide training sponsorship, contracts, loans and ban foreign construction companies. Larger indigenous companies can provide world standard equipment and tools for rent, specialized training and test laboratories.

This will lower the cost of road construction/rehabilitation, create lots of jobs, circulate wealth and ultimately fix all the bad road issues all over the country.
On point
Re: Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2019
You know why most of u Nigerians are very physically & mentally backward despite ur university degrees ( paper certificates for mere bragging) is dat u keep using few good roads in 3 "towns" like Lagos, Abuja & d other to rate d whole Nigeria as a better place. Same mistake u keep making when rating Nigeria in other key index. Nigeria as a country is a mighty backward country in all indices dat measure a country as a developed or developing country especially with d massive natural resources flowing here.

D last time I checked, Namibians don't queue to obtain American visa. D embassies there beg them to come apply for visa.

Until Nigerians make their country like South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Mauritius, Ghana, Egypt etc, d whole Africa continent & d developed world at large will continue to treat most of u like fugitive dat u are. Nigerians are like sheep without Shepherd & scattered all over d corners of d earth to go enjoy beautiful country & working system built by their fellow humans.

I deliberately left out developed country in asia & europe becos of d many useless Nigerians/black man on dis forum with mentality like - we are growing, they were once like us & bla bla the bla bla.

Mention one state in naija with self sufficiency with 24 hours electricity. Becos some malu on dis forum will soon quote & say Namibia is a small country. What a brainless people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Air Peace Lagos – Akure Flight Touch Down Akure Airport (photos,video) / Accident At Ogborhill Waterside In Aba, Abia Leaves Many Dead. Graphic Pics / Anambra Displays The New Colours For Buses And Other Vehicles (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.