Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit (1822 Views)

"Evil Spirit, Baby Boy, Big For Nothing" – Popular Cars Renamed By Nigerians / Between Honda (evil Spirit) And Toyota Camry ( Muscle) / Between Camry Spider And Honda Evil Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Octano(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hello Car Lovers,

I need your help on this, I have this Honda 2008 V6 I got for almost free. The old user lives in owerri he said he once changed the gear box. Now same issue came he dumped it and got a corolla. Though he claims the mechanic says there were other engine issues he can't remember anymore.
Now I need a better mechanic living at owerri to go check it out for me. I also need an advice do I go ahead with and acquire new gear box and work on the engine.. OR do I leave it be. Because I Reside in Lagos that's also where I intend using it if can be properly repaired. Towing to Lagos to be repaired here I feel it's too costly.

cc
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Kingreign
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
Octano:
Hello Car Lovers,

I need your help on this, I have this Honda 2008 V6 I got for almost free. The old user lives in owerri he said he once changed the gear box. Now same issue came he dumped it and got a corolla. Though he claims the mechanic says there were other engine issues he can't remember anymore.
Now I need a better mechanic living at owerri to go check it out for me. I also need an advice do I go ahead with and acquire new gear box and work on the engine.. OR do I leave it be. Because I Reside in Lagos that's also where I intend using it if can be properly repaired. Towing to Lagos to be repaired here I feel it's too costly.

cc
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Kingreign

sell as is and move on.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by egokanwa(f): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
Octano:
Hello Car Lovers,

cc
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Kingreign

@ Op, the stress is not worth it, i will suggest you heed to Gazzuzz advise by selling the car the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by kingreign(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
Octano:
Hello Car Lovers,

cc
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Kingreign

This is a very good example of a Greek gift. Please, sell it off as is.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Lexusgs430: 4:02am On Sep 05, 2019
kingreign:

Haba..... When the evil spirits wants to catch you..... It manifests itself in various forms............ grin

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Octano(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
kingreign:

Thanks a lot. But one question. What is that assurance that the one I will be buying from a dealer or the street is not having same situation in which big stuffs were repaired to be resold.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Derailingrailer: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Octano:

Thanks a lot. But one question. What is that assurance that the one I will be buying from a dealer or the street is not having same situation in which big stuffs were repaired to be resold.

Like the curious case of the PayPal legend?

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2019
Derailingrailer:

Like the curious case of the PayPal legend?

flesh and blood has not revealed this to you....

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Agasco2020(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bro buy a car you know it's already have issues so you can fix them. the ones dealers sell with stories of without issues will soon develop same issues. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. fix what ever the issues are and enjoy your ride if the price is low.

Octano:
Hello Car Lovers,

cc
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Kingreign

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by ITbomb(m): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
Since you got it for "almost" free, use the extra money to get a new engine, gear box and any other stuff.

All shouldn't be more than a million naira and I doubt if you can get a decent no fault car at same price
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Derailingrailer: 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

flesh and blood has not revealed this to you....

It's just a shame.
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by kingreign(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
ITbomb:
Since you got it for "almost" free, use the extra money to get a new engine, gear box and any other stuff.

All shouldn't be more than a million naira and I doubt if you can get a decent no fault car at same price

Agasco2020:
Bro buy a car you know it's already have issues so you can fix them. the ones dealers sell with stories of without issues will soon develop same issues. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. fix what ever the issues are and enjoy your ride if the price is low.

Bros, no play o. That engine and transmission alone don gulp 859-900k, not including fluids, oils, workmanship.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
kingreign:

Bros, no play o. That engine and transmission alone don gulp 859-900k, not including fluids, oils, workmanship.

pikin wey no wan hear word.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by dannybrasky(m): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2019
bros,its not good to buy a car wey get both engine and gear problem.. wetin u con buy,abi na the body of the car.if na only engine prob....or only gear prob e for better.But both gear and engine ,abeg free d car cos e no worth am

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by ITbomb(m): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2019
What if they convert it to manual and get a new engine h body work = 1.5m
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by kingreign(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2019
ITbomb:

@ OP. No try this o!
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Readonee35L(m): 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
ITbomb:
How much come be clean evil spirit na?
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by kingreign(m): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2019
Readonee35L:

I taya.
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by searchng4love: 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
Octano:
Hello Car Lovers,

cc
GAZZUZZ
Nurey
Kingreign

luvinhubby
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
Readonee35L:

The spirit is calling....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by dannybrasky(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
O.p is hell bent on wasting his cash! Dog wey go lost no go hear him owner (hunters) whistle when he blows it grin
It's good to learn though,o.p will eventually learn grin

Readonee35L:

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Readonee35L(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

The spirit is calling....

grin
Some cars they wey be say.
The problems No they finish. grin

dannybrasky:
O.p is hell bent on wasting his cash! Dog wey go lost no go hear him owner (hunters) whistle when he blows it grin
It's good to learn though,o.p will eventually learn grin

Abi na
See the other guy advising him to change the gear to manual. Knowing that the vehicle is a v6 with vcm, Just look at that advice
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by kingreign(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2019
Readonee35L:

grin
Some cars they wey be say.
The problems No they finish. grin

Abi na
See the other guy advising him to change the gear to manual. Knowing that the vehicle is a v6 with vcm, Just look at that advice

He for go get Hypertension on top Car matter after kazeem bleed am wella.

Imagine the white elephant project. grin grin
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by lilkech(m): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
My advice is for if the car was bought very very cheap wink

Op it’s a Honda. Japanese. Don’t fear.

Go to New Market, on Douglass Street in owerri and ask for ZUBI. He deals with Honda parts. Purchase the gearbox (and engine if need be, because I’m sure the engine usually outlasts the gearbox).

After changing both take your car to a competent electrician in to sort out the rest of the gremlins (if any)

Stay positive op. Refer to my second sentence for a reassurance cool

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Octano(m): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
Will do as said. Then weigh the options. Was given for free thou. If am to end up spending up to 700k. I would leave it be. If less than 500k, I think I would go for it.

lilkech:
My advice is for if the car was bought very very cheap wink

Op it’s a Honda. Japanese. Don’t fear.

Go to New Market, on Douglass Street in owerri and ask for ZUBI. He deals with Honda parts. Purchase the gearbox (and engine if need be, because I’m sure the engine usually outlasts the gearbox).

After changing both take your car to a competent electrician in to sort out the rest of the gremlins (if any)

Stay positive op. Refer to my second sentence for a reassurance cool
Re: Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit by Inception(m): 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
Octano:
Will do as said. Then weigh the options. Was given for free thou. If am to end up spending up to 700k. I would leave it be. If less than 500k, I think I would go for it.

the last time i checked, the v6 engine was going for about that price.

(1) (Reply)

2003 Honda For Sale / MIKANO Set Up Vehicle Assembly Plant With 500 Billion Naira Along Lagos Ibadan E / Private Vehicle Does Not Require Roadworthiness Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.