Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa (903 Views)

Plateau Attack: Way Forward / Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business / Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by fineboynl(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
if i can recur correctly there have been xenophobia attack way back 2008 in south Africa.

so by now everyone should knows that such attacks would never stop. its better everyone stop going there for peace sake. they have made it clear they don't want foreigner's.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by Area4Area: 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
The first attack against African migrants was in 2006 and repeats every year till date and sometimes twice in a year yet people continue going and risking their lifes.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by ImperialYoruba: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
Im thinking the attack back then was also against yanminri, and I would love to find out but at moment i just dont have time for ibo to be honest. They are inconsequential. A waste of time. angry

1 Like

Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by GMbuharii: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Im thinking the attack back then was also against yanminri, and I would love to find out but at moment i just dont have time for ibo to be honest. They are inconsequential. A waste of time. angry

Just see human being!!!

Se enyan leleyi bai?! undecided

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by LZAA: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2019
GMbuharii:

Just see human being!!!

Imperialyoruba just wants RUGA and caliphate worship

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by ImperialYoruba: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2019
GMbuharii:

Just see human being!!!

grin grin. Leave me alone jare.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by ImperialYoruba: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2019
LZAA:

Imperialyoruba just wants RUGA and caliphate worship

Fulani is lucky i was on ban when that ruga nonsense was still hot. I would have told them some honest and neked truth about their ancestry. These people are playing on the weakness of this loose and incoherent sovereingty. The same people started shariah and got away with it. Now they believe they can also get away with ruga. They are going to get it though, thats just the honest reality. We may not like it and fight it but they are going to get it.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by LZAA: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Fulani is lucky i was on ban when that ruga nonsense was still hot. I would have told them some honest and neked truth about their ancestry. These people are playing on the weakness of this loose and incoherent sovereingty. The same people started shariah and got away with it. Now they believe they can also get away with ruga. They are going to get it though, thats just the honest reality. We may not like it and fight it but they are going to get it.
In other words you want ruga
Ohhhk

1 Like

Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by helinues: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Unnecessary
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by T9ksy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

@ bolded....................hell no!! They ain't getting nada. If they do then we might as well change the country's name to the "Caliphate of nigeria" 'cause these so called ruga settlements will in future date morph into launching pads to finally subjugate the southern region. Mark my words, boko haram will also join in the fray and there's no price for guessing right which side they will be fighting on.

1 Like

Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by ImperialYoruba: 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
T9ksy:

@ bolded....................hell no!! They ain't getting nada. If they do then we might as well change the country's name to the "Caliphate of nigeria" 'cause these so called ruga settlements will in future date morph into launching pads to finally subjugate the southern region. Mark my words, boko haram will also join in the fray and there's no price for guessing right which side they will be fighting on.

Ok. Has the ruga thing not been gazzetted?
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by T9ksy(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Ok. Has the ruga thing not been gazzetted?

Hell no! Rather, it's only been put on hold after the fierce rejections from southern governors and their people. Their proposition to the increasing security inferno currently afflicting these states is (for them) to provide security-like service to the affected states. This too was rejected outright by majority of the southern states.

Watch what else they are going to come up with but rest assured (whatever it is), it will be just as preposterous as the ones they 've offered before. Bottomline is, their sole aim is to coerced us into submission with underlying threat of physical abuse.

we sure live in interesting time in the country. As if these guys will even consider a southern outfit providing security services in their region.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by ImperialYoruba: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
T9ksy:

Hell no! Rather, it's only been put on hold after the fierce rejections from southern governors and their people. Their proposition to the increasing security inferno currently afflicting these states is (for them) to provide security-like service to the affected states. This too was rejected outright by majority of the southern states.

Watch what else they are going to come up with but rest assured (whatever it is), it will be just as preposterous as the ones they 've offered before. Bottomline is, their sole aim is to coerced us into submission with underlying threat of physical abuse.

we sure live in interesting time in the country. As if these guys will even consider a southern outfit providing security services in their region.

Ok i was under the wrong impression then. I thought it was gazzeted.

You know this crap they talk about gazzeted grazing routes. They hold that shytte to be set in concrete....like its some sacred order or some fck like that. Our leaders in West really need to be on top of their game and make sure they issue counter message whenever the talk of gazetted grazing route is mentioned. Otherwise it will soon become normal to enforce it even in places never included in the gazette. No place in Yorubaland is in the grazing route gazetted for fulani. It was gazetted by british adminostrators that constructed the first ruga for the herders. Not even Kwara or Kogi, surprisingly, was included.

Back then fulani grazing territory was limited to between Latitude 9.5 degrees and 13.00 degrees North. This would be like places on same latitude with Minna, Niger State all the way up to Katsina border with Niger Republic in North.

No place below latitude 9.5 degrees was gazetted as grazing route for Fulani or for ruga setllement.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by T9ksy(m): 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Ok i was under the wrong impression then. I thought it was gazzeted.

You know this crap they talk about gazzeted grazing routes. They hold that shytte to be set in concrete....like its some sacred order or some fck like that. Our leaders in West really need to be on top of their game and make sure they issue counter message whenever the talk of gazetted grazing route is mentioned. Otherwise it will soon become normal to enforce it even in places never included in the gazette. No place in Yorubaland is in the grazing route gazetted for fulani. It was gazetted by british adminostrators that constructed the first ruga for the herders. Not even Kwara or Kogi, surprisingly, was included.

Back then fulani grazing territory was limited to between Latitude 9.5 degrees and 13.00 degrees North. This would be like places on same latitude with Minna, Niger State all the way up to Katsina border with Niger Republic in North.

No place below latitude 9.5 degrees was gazetted as grazing route for Fulani or for ruga setllement.

Grazing routes through yorubaland for Fulani herdsmen? Are these not the same fulanis who mischievously over run Ilorin- a Yoruba border town and then ransacked the old Oyo empire? And who exactly will be doing the gazetting now? All in aid of One pseudo united Nigeria that none actually believe in, deep down in the recess of their heart!

Since the past decade now, even without their moronic ruga, we have seen the unprecedented atrocities by Fulani herdsmen in our bushes and major cities. Our farmers are now too scared to till their farms whilst our so-called political leaders like Falae, Soyinka, Fasonronti etc were not spared either. And neither were our traditional obas left out, too.

All these time, no one has been held culpable for these attacks rather what we got in return is excuses such as they are foreigners from mali, chad niger etc (as if that gives them a justification to raid our bushes with such impunity).In essence, one does not need to be a soothsayer to discern what will occur when they implement their obnoxious ruga settlements in our ancestral land.

In short, no ruga (in whatever form) will be allowed in our homeland. And we will not entrust the safety of our ancestral land to anyone when we are well capable of doing it, ourselves.
Re: I Remembered Xenophobia Attack Way Back 2008 In South Africa by jkendy(m): 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Recall what Davido said concerning the attacks. In his word he said;
"If only our country is good enough, Nigerians wouldn't have ran to other countries" least of all, South Africa whom we helped to get a name.
So sad indeed! And some people just don't care to listening to the truth. They pick on you and call you all manner of names once you criticize the govt of their beloveth darling.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Apologises To Gov. Obaseki, Oba Akiolu; Blames Deputy Governor / Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari / Human Right Activist Uses Nairaland As Reference In His Later To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.