Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA (43036 Views)

Xenophobia: Davido Reacts To Attacks In South Africa / Juliet Ibrahim Slams Daddy Freeze Over His Comment On Xenophobia Attack In SA / Peruzzi 'threatens' South African Artiste AKA Over Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
tpiander:

So you're blaming him for the news you're hearing about Nigerians in South Africa.
No just jump enter bus, if you no know where e dey come from cheesy grin
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by magicminister: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
Gadafii:
see brother wey mumu

AKA was not hateful when he tweeted that SA should have lost to Egypt instyof NIGERIA, during CAF...

Are u okay at all,they all harbor this hatred and envy towards nigeria and Nigerians

AKA had better stay away from where nigeriand are found in numbers, because the albino don sheeet for church,ND he go use his hands pack am

Aka was not hateful. It was actually a complement to us because he also said “We keep loosing to Nigeria in everyway”.

That was healthy rivalry at its best and I read nothing negative to it. I wish people would stop this!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ify05:
Popular Rap Legend, M.I. Abaga has officially apologized to Nigerians and his followers for his tweets that insinuated support of South African Rapper, AKA, who was apparently, insensitive to the plight of Nigerians in the wake of the recent attacks.

In his words, MI Abaga tweeted, ‘to everyone I offended yesterday I apologise.. It is always the right time for healing. I hope we can begin to listen to each other and discuss real lasting solutions. I know I will’.

I have been insulted and threatened so much. And though a part of me wanted to turn to anger. I know that it was a test for me to lead with love. We have to see past our hurt into our hearts and fight hatred with love.

Last, I pray that we will all have someone that will speak the truth on our behalf in spite of the repercussions. If I did so in error God will judge. But courage is being able to say no when everyone else says yes.. no matter the personal cost.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/insulted-threatened-much-mi-apologizes-supporting-aka/

Ewooo see my guy oooo...
See my crush ooo

See cute lips
See those gap tooth
See that heart melting smile chei!!!!

If I no marry MI in this world, I must marry him in the next world.����
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by mercyvivv(f): 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
Your tweet was too hasty, period! Next time take your time, test the waters, assess the current and direction of the popular opinion, then follow suit. Don't forget you're a brand, image matters very much.

For your Free Lesson Notes for all School Teachers and Students, thank goodness you are in the right place. Get full access to well written and carefully sorted class notes that are frequently updated to meet your needs wherever and whenever you need them.
Check my signature
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Mryacks: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
tpiander:
I don't know who MI is (no bio was included), but it seems to me the threateners' grouse with the AKA rapper is because he told a fellow rapper not to wish he were Nigerian but to be proud of his own country.

Now, what I don't understand is this: do Nigerians in that demographic ( I mean the audiences) really assume other countries also like to migrate and collect several countries' nationalities like us?

What exactly were they offended about? Perhaps I don't get it.

Although I do know most Nigerians here on nairaland, have a problem correcting their peers who post such nonsense topics it makes you question their sanity.

I really would like to know what that AKA bloke actually said or tweeted to warrant the whole backlash at him. Or was it the tweet after we beat S.A. at the AFCON?
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Gwan2(m): 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
jayfolarin:
Actually AKA never said anything wrong. Where did this uproar come from? He even tweeted a picture of himself draped in the Nigerian flag with fela in the background. Nigerians should apologize to that dude.

He was caught in the crossfire and football brings that kinda passion (the one in the tweet) in you

If not the idioti.c Ycee that dug up the guys tweet in a very contentious period....what is the difference between what YCee did and what Bukola Dakolo did to Pastor Fatoyinbo of COZA.

Football passion brings alot of similar reaction like what AKA tweeted, is normal. Many of us harbour similar hatred toward our neighbours Ghana because of the economic feats they had achieved over a short period of time. EVIL COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
mercyvivv:
Your tweet was too hasty, period! Next time take your time, test the waters, assess the current and direction of the popular opinion, then follow suit. Don't forget you're a brand, image matters very much.

For your Free Lesson Notes for all School Teachers and Students, thank goodness you are in the right place. Get full access to well written and carefully sorted class notes that are frequently updated to meet your needs wherever and whenever you need them.
Check my signature
Doing the right thing is more IMPORTANT than the popular opinion. The popular opinion is just self preservation.

MI already expressed this reasoning in his last tweet. He stood up for truth and He was right in doing so. All those other musicians were just doing mob mentality against the guy because all Nigerians were dissing him. They weren't even listening to his words anymore. Pple do follow follow for musicians a lot, so they should be careful wt their utterances. If they go and burn the AKAs house in S.A. now, I'm sure MI wouldn't have slept well cos his conscience already told him the attack was WRONG. He was right to defend him.

Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Gwan2(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Gadafii:
see brother wey mumu

AKA was not hateful when he tweeted that SA should have lost to Egypt instyof NIGERIA, during CAF...

Are u okay at all,they all harbor this hatred and envy towards nigeria and Nigerians

AKA had better stay away from where nigeriand are found in numbers, because the albino don sheeet for church,ND he go use his hands pack am

Ghadafi, Why you no get sense . Don't we Nigerians harbour hatred towards other countries like Ghanians etc because of their fast rate of development? AKA tweeted what most Nigerians tweet or will tweet when super eagles keep losing to same opposition. Na the monkey Ycee I blame wey go dig up tweet wey AKA tweet pass for very contentious period
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by obinnawhyte(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Fulani must go!!!, fulani must go!!! all fulani are terrorist!!!, muslims must go!!, demolish their mosque!! now that its nyamuriii must go in south africa they have been speaking big big grammar like xenophobia

Fools talk ... Fool spilling bullshit confidently
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by cuteralph101(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
Stevecovey:
MI did nothing wrong.

AKA was never hateful in his statements. He was on his own minding his business. This all started with Ycee calling him out.

A lot of Nigerians are just fools with herd mentality.

They decided to channel all their anger at the guy, not at their government.

you are ignorant and stupid...AKA called us stupid and we shud stay in our fucking country he tweeted NG and SA are rival countries. Whether or not he countenance shows whos side his in. F**ck SA, F**ck Aka and if you and MI are down to lick AKA's arse f**ck u both!
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by cuteralph101(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
Stevecovey:
MI did nothing wrong.

AKA was never hateful in his statements. He was on his own minding his business. This all started with Ycee calling him out.

A lot of Nigerians are just fools with herd mentality.

They decided to channel all their anger at the guy, not at their government.

u such a dickhead...
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Nikes(m): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
To me, AKA was only trying to say Nigerians are sooo good that no matter how hard they try, they just never seem to get anywhere near our mark. #Shikenan

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by tpiander: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
distributeinc:

No just jump enter bus, if you no know where e dey come from cheesy grin

Speak clearly, I dont like how you people think you have some hidden joke.
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by tpiander: 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
magicminister:

Aka was not hateful. It was actually a complement to us because he also said “We keep loosing to Nigeria in everyway”.

That was healthy rivalry at its best and I read nothing negative to it. I wish people would stop this!

They are afraid Nigeria will be invaded from outside and turned to a wasteland with bloodbaths, etc.

As happened more than once before.
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by opebiboy: 7:32am On Sep 06, 2019
Short man with dumb thinking
Re: Xenophobia: MI Apologizes For Supporting AKA by Nicolex(f): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2019
If ycee or any of these celebs had called out AKA during the time he wrote that comment,it would ve been understandable,now everybody just dey find who to pour anger..all these insults for social media no dey save our people 4 southy o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Who Mocked Regina Daniels For Marrying Ned Nwoko Is Also Married To Old Man / Baba Fryo Humiliated By Soldiers (Photos) / Adesua Etomi Shares Her Beautiful Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.