Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) (40170 Views)

Chinyere Awuda Beaten To Death In Anambra Club (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Female Internet Fraud Suspect In Delta State (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Female Suspect On FBI List In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by atimadesign(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Our Government have a lot to do.This public embarrassment is greeting serious.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by favour32(m): 6:32am On Sep 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

There’s no “technical” (or other) illiteracy in most of the comments...
She was EXPRESSLY arrested for providing financial services without a proper license.
>
Does that permits the statement,
"rot in jail" without being tried and found guilty by a competent court of jurisdiction.
If a suspect is paraded,does that mean that he or she is already pronounced guilty?
What is the function of court?
You should know that anybody can be paraded with trump up charges.
Only the court can pronounce one guilty or not.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by henryobinna(m): 6:34am On Sep 05, 2019
Success1020:

I read this 10x, just trying to know why she was arrested. What is the job of EFCC again? I didn't see where she committed any fraud. Why parade her when all these are allegations? Why not do your investigation like FBI before arresting and parading her? If her offense is simply a case of malfeseance or negligence; not having the appropriate license from SEC to raise and invest public funds, does that warrant this? Most Nigerians don't even know why we have SEC. Lady, lawyer up. Or pm me, my law firm can handle this pro bono.

I decided to point this out because some of us can't read, and will start shouting "rot in jail" like the one below me.
I also read that part and was really confused. Clearly there's no real crime committed as she can claim she has no idea though would still be punished but she isn't a fraudster (at least according to this report)

They even snapped her and published which is very bad on their part for an offense as minor as this.

Personally I do not engage in all these HYIP and MLM schemes but automatically tagging those who do fraudsters in my opinion is not acceptable

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by henryobinna(m): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2019
Konkonbiloo:
Greedy people just full this country... Make she rot for jail.

You need a wedding photography discount, check my signature
rot for jail? did you bother to read the OP at all?
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by ismhab(m): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2019
What ever man can do, IPOB woman can do it more even better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by henryobinna(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

This is EFCC’s job...

EFCC deals with all financial crimes...
While SEC deals primarily with securities and such tradable instruments.
>
she hasn't committed a financial crime yet at least according to the report. Her offense is related to the SEC. She was arrested for not having license to operate
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Godwin2am(m): 6:39am On Sep 05, 2019
Success1020:

I read this 10x, just trying to know why she was arrested. What is the job of EFCC again? I didn't see where she committed any fraud. Why parade her when all these are allegations? Why not do your investigation like FBI before arresting and parading her? If her offense is simply a case of malfeseance or negligence; not having the appropriate license from SEC to raise and invest public funds, does that warrant this? Most Nigerians don't even know why we have SEC. Lady, lawyer up. Or pm me, my law firm can handle this pro bono.

I decided to point this out because some of us can't read, and will start shouting "rot in jail" like the one below me.
I WONDER THE LINE OF JOB EFCC IN DOING, WHY NOT LET US KNOW WHAT THEY DID WRONG.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Christafarian(m): 6:42am On Sep 05, 2019
Success1020:

Are you joking or what? Do I call this desperation, or simply foolhardiness? What has malfeasance (not ''malfeseance'') or ''negligence'' got to do with this?

As a lawyer that you claim to be, you even had to read a simple paragraph 10 times to comprehend!

If truly you are a lawyer which of course i doubt, then this is undue professional soliciting by you, and you should know the profession does not brook that.

''You didnt see where she committed fraud..''

Imagine that!! So, it is only when she must have committed fraud that she can be arrested, right?

Lawyers do not misinform or misguide pple especially on a public virtual forum like this.

If indeed you are a lawyer duly licensed to practise, then you are not only a big joke, but a dissappointment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 05, 2019
Xisnin:

[s]
You must be a half-baked lawyer for asking this question.
Really, a lawyer who analyse the merit of a case based on press release.

Arresting a suspect is part of an investigation!

You are even talking about the FBI as if they don't arrest suspects all the time.
I get it, Hollywood movies have created a god-like status for these foreign agencies
but don't be deceived they are not different from their Nigerian counterpart.

It gets worse that you are asking another Nairalnder for evidence of fraud when
you can walk into any EFCC's office commando-style to demand the suspect's release.

There is nothing illegal about arresting a suspect.
A lawyer should know better[/s].

Typical low IQ things.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Christafarian:

[s]Are you joking or what? Do I call this desperation, or simply foolhardiness?

You even had to read a simply paragraph 10 times to comprehend.

If truly you are a lawyer which of course i doubt, then this is undue professional soliciting by you, and you know the profession does not brook that.

Imagine that!! So, it is only when she must have committed fraud that she can be arrested, right?

If truly you are a lawyer duly licensed to practise, then you are not only a big joke, but a dissappointment.[/s]

Typical low IQ things. Can't even spell "practice and disappointment." You are a monumental disgrace to Nairaland community, not even Nigeria.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by youngbang(m): 6:43am On Sep 05, 2019
It only greedy people they can scam with this shit, if you are not greedy you are safe
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Xisnin(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2019
Success1020:

Typical low IQ things.
Yahoo boy parading himself as a lawyer.
EFCC will soon visit you.

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by ivolt: 6:46am On Sep 05, 2019
Success1020:

You can't possibly be a lawyer.
No real lawyer can be this dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by 9jaRealist: 6:48am On Sep 05, 2019
favour32:

Does that permits the statement,
"rot in jail" without being tried and found guilty by a competent court of jurisdiction.
If a suspect is paraded,does that mean that he or she is already pronounced guilty?
What is the function of court?
You should know that anybody can be paraded with trump up charges.
Only the court can pronounce one guilty or not.

Nope! That’s most definitely NOT what it means...
An arrest is merely part of the investigatory/prosecutorial process.

An arrest is a matter of public record (in MANY places in the world)...
But she’s presumed INNOCENT until convicted in a PUBLIC trial in a court of law.
>
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Christafarian(m): 6:50am On Sep 05, 2019
Success1020:

Typical low IQ things. Can't even spell "practice and disappointment." You are a monumental disgrace to Nairaland community, not even Nigeria.
I said it! He is not a lawyer.

Mugu does not know The VERBAL FORM of ''PRACTICE''

Resorting to grammatical pettiness to cover his shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by 9jaRealist: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2019
henryobinna:
she hasn't committed a financial crime yet at least according to the report. Her offense is related to the SEC. She was arrested for not having license to operate

See my response below to a previous comment...
And please note the ‘PREVENT’ part of the EFCC’s statutory remit.

9jaRealist:

You might as well ask what’s the job of the ICPC?
Nigeria (and many other countries) have multiple investigatory agencies.

Nevertheless, the EFCC Act empowers it....
To “prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalize economic and financial crimes”.

The SEC, on the other hand, primarily regulates the capital markets...
Part of that regulation of course necessarily includes “enforcement” action.
>
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Reference(m): 6:56am On Sep 05, 2019
MondayOsunbor:
statutory license what is that please

Means that you can actually get a license to operate an Egyptian Pyramid right here in Nigeria. Means that you can legally operate a financial sepulchre.... isn't that cryptic coming from the poster....
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by agaliboy: 7:02am On Sep 05, 2019
Madam millionaires club sef looks hungrier than a destitute. Beats me how Nigerians fall for these kinds of schemes. But what do i know?. Poverty is a terrible pain.

Lock her up and throw the keys into River Oji.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by ivolt: 7:10am On Sep 05, 2019
Christafarian:

Are you joking or what? Do I call this desperation, or simply foolhardiness?

As a lawyer that you claim to be, you even had to read a simple paragraph 10 times to comprehend!

If truly you are a lawyer which of course i doubt, then this is undue professional soliciting by you, and you should know the profession does not brook that.

Lawyers do not misinform or misguide pple especially on a public virtual forum like this.

If indeed you are a lawyer duly licensed to practise, then you are not only a big joke, but a dissappointment.

That fraud is not a lawyer.
The crime was stated in the headline yet he engaged in beer parlor analysis
to distort the truth.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by davodyguy: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2019
millionboi2:
Who still join all this tin
Many Nigerians still do out of ignorance
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Hypnotism: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2019
Person wey read this comment go think say you get sense. You think the police are naive about how all these fraudsters operate ba ?! Why not go over to Enugu n render your serveice to the woman instead of grandstanding on NL ?

Success1020:

Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by davodyguy: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2019
Globalodds10063:
See below
You're a scammer that needs to be arrested too
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Cantonese: 7:25am On Sep 05, 2019
Are criminals not presumed innocent until proven guilty anymore? Why parade people with such large boards, thereby assuming them guilty until they prove their innocence?
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by kerry57: 7:32am On Sep 05, 2019
anonimi:

Getting there someday by just talking?
Abi what else are you DOING in order to get there
Any WORK towards your goal of getting there someday?

U are really a wise man to reach a conclusion that i dont have plans to get there. Mr wise man help me with plans. An adage says; He who is quick to say yes should as well be quick to receive blame.
I still await ur plans for me to get there mr wise man and mr I TOO KNOW (ITK).
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Psoul(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
oceaneverdry77:
Gov of the north .. And thing connected with SE/SS.. Na arrest and put to jail ..
We are watch..
Adult thatt took child things up, must bring it down when its handstarted paining.

All these Aboki wey full Enugu here doing exchange, I beliv all of them have license to do dat. Even most of them are helping the yahoo boys launder money.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Christafarian(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2019
Cantonese:
Are criminals not presumed innocent until proven guilty anymore? Why parade people with such large boards, thereby assuming them guilty until they prove their innocence?
This is sound reasoning.

I have written some of these authorities on the need to avoid media trial against criminal suspects.

It is a clear Constitutional breach.
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by rayomata(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2019
This Ponzi tin still de exist?
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Revolva(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Wait she no force anybody do Ponzi and they did not state she ran away with people's.money na

Why efcc de arrest her
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Asour: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2019
rozayx5:

to manage public funds

there are SEC requirements

last i checked its close to 300M naira and some other stuff

300m for the license ? Sure about this?

By the way I doubt it is public funds alone. It all/any investor's fund. (I.e. investing public).
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Benwems(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2019
Why do some people care placard and some don't?
Re: Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2019
Abeg what of this M.l.f - My liberty family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

600 Bandits In Kaduna Agree To Surrender Arms After Meeting With Gumi / Man Beats His Wife Over Nagging In Rivers (Disturbing Photos) / Chinese Bank Programmer Steals Millions From ATM Using Loophole (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.