Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders (68751 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Ready To Make Another Twins As His Wife Slays 3 Weeks After / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Abeokuta (Photo) / Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by 9jaBloke: 7:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Now we know. In case some Nigerians defend the planned Boycott
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by martineverest(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2019
is he insinuating that we should attack MTN,?.... what a dunce
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by oluwafestus(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2019
I think FFK is sick in the head. Is he saying we should burn down mtn in Nigeria just because south African has the largest shares? He didn't know the after effect of the action? Let him build a business that will employ the thousands that we be unemployed after that again then come back to tell us about this tweet then I can take him serious
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by wizkidblogger(f): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2019
Mynd44:
So what are we supposed to do with this information?

Act like barbarians and go burn their HQ? Is Fani Kayode alright these days?

as in, i don't understand his point oo

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2019
helinues:
After this recent Xenophobic attacks, I think it is high time to be consulting trusted friends if no PA ( before making some critical decisions)

The position of a leader is not a child play oo.. Imagine upon the insults on Fg for not proactive to the Xenophobic attacks, people later hailed them from withdrawing from WEF conference and taking other measures.

Meanwhile, FFK and Madam Obi that started well with condemnation later ruined it with their selfish decisions /talks

true bro leadership no be here oh shocked
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by nwamabo247(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2019
yes we know but beneficial to nigerians.please help a handicap brother
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Simplyleo: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2019
[s]
tot:

Lol. The 51% (majority shareholders) was the giveaway sign.

Simplyleo aka simplyfool, you better don't give yourself a heart attack - medical care in Nig as you know is not exactly good, continue following me all over the forum. You will be ignored from this point on so you can keep on barking on your own.
[/s]
The instruction is; shut up even for 1 minute.angry
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by excellence28: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

And you have rightly noted and your comments acknowledged.

Very pathetic.

MADAM OBI he typed sir!!! wink
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by peacettw: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2019
I really don't know why the govt is hell bent on persecuting the likes of Saraki, onnoghen, Ambode, Dino, Nnamdi kanu, Sowore etc while FFK is being allowed to roam around with a yet to be diagnosed personality disorder. Noone else has incited more acts of violence through his utterances than this man. A man whose personal life can at best be declared as a comedy show on steroids. Na wa
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Noted.

Meanwhile, am not looking at the xenophobic attack on serious angle despite condemnation.

I have made it overtly clear on Facebook by telling Igbos in South Africa to remain and fight and if they die fighting, they died honourably fighting to defend themselves and future they have built.

They should at sametime rule out coming back to Nigeria. Even if you come back to Nigeria, u will still be killed at slightest issue.

Airpeace coming to evacuate anyone should be sent back in peace. That's never the solution rather fight back.

The Nigeria they want to return you, is same Nigeria you left because of the situation of the country. So even here is not safe for coming back. Situations here is even more volatile.

Stay there, fight back.
hmm... bro, u cannot belong to a kingdom and fight dat kingdom oh. For now dey are in south africa dey cant fight its citizens or d country. I dunno if u are getting my point? cool
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Iamgrey5(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
tot:

Lol. The 51% (majority shareholders) was the giveaway sign.

Simplyleo aka simplyfool, you better don't give yourself a heart attack - medical care in Nig as you know is not exactly good, continue following me all over the forum. You will be ignored from this point on so you can keep on barking on your own.
The shares that belongs to SA firms and subsidiaries is almost 90% while Nigerians owns 10%
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by galaxy2020(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
How genuine?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Mexyz(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Can't you just shut up for once?
Cho cho cho cho cho cho everywhere.
Why exactly? Because she called someone out who was giving us false information just to sound informed?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by JuanDeDios: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Mynd44:

Not just these days. The man's always talked like someone who's not stable.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by anonimi: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Printerscanner:
FFK should come out and lead us to bring down all MTN offices to ashes, not just hiding under his over bleached wife and tweeting.

See correct punch you throw at the activist wannabe who is actually a crook and rogue who has failed to account for the monies he stole when he worked with Obasanjo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLEDvP9Dxw

Money Laundering: EFCC Re-arraigns Fani-Kayode

A Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, was Monday morning re-arraigned before a Federal High court in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, for alleged money laundering offences.
The re-arraignment became necessary because the judge who was initially trying the case, Justice Binta Murtala Nyako has been transferred to Makurdi Division of the Federal High court.

Consequently, the new judge, Justice Ofili Ajumoghobia, has taken over the case.

In the 47-count charge, Mr Fani-Kayode, between November 2006 and January 2007, while serving as minister of Aviation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, was alleged to have made some financial transactions exceeding N500,000 which was not done through a financial institution by accepting tax payment of N10 million, which sum was further carried in cash to First Inland Bank, Apapa branch, through one Mark Saviour Ndifreke, his own associate now at large, and put it in an investment account in his favour for 90 days.

Other various sums of money amounting to about N180 million was also allegedly paid into his account in cash through two other people, Supo Agbaje, his administrative staff, and his wife, Regina Fani-Kayode (now at large).

The accused former minister, pleaded not guilty to all the 47-count charge.

Consequently, his lawyer, Ladi Williams, leading three other lawyers and Senor Advocates of Nigeria, Wale Babalakin, Wale Akoni and Ifedapo Adedipe urged the court to allow Mr Fani-Kayode continue on his former bail granted to him.

The EFCC prosecuting counsel, Nelson Okedinachi, did not oppose, but asked for a trial date.

Consequently, with the agreement of both parties, the matter was adjourned till 11 March for trial.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Your Japan buhari and Taiwan osibanjo has taking Nigeria to the highest level as we can see.

Ndi ara.
hahgahahaha Japan kor Japan nii, ndi alà grin
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Simplyleo: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Mexyz:
Why exactly? Because she called someone out who was giving us false information just to sound informed?
No mind me jare.

The sissy brought herself under my radar, hence the troll.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Emmanuel226:
hmm... bro, u cannot belong to a kingdom and fight dat kingdom oh. For now dey are in south africa dey cant fight its citizens or d country. I dunno if u are getting my point? cool

There has always been resistance and that will only sustain them.

Mere political statement by Nigerians hasn't yield any results so let them defend themselves even a little...is welcome.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by tot(f): 7:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
The shares that belongs to SA firms and subsidiaries is almost 90% while Nigerians owns 10%

Wow. So the percentage is that high? They basically are making their money here and repatriating back home.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Mynd44: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2019
tot:
Wasn't Mynd claiming 51% of the shares are owned by Nigerians?

By law, the parent company can't own more than 49%. But sure, follow FFK.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Kpako1:
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said. Two shots in the dark now Huey's dead - 2Pac Shakur

Meanwhile, if you lost your online Print-out slip for Nigerian Customs Service, Prisons Service, Fire Service, etc.
or
If you need Primary School certificate, Age declaration, State of Origin, Medical certificate, or Medical Report for relocating Corps Members...

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5393395/important-documents-get-here#81867573
i was even looking for my name on dat list undecided

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by nams77: 7:39am On Sep 05, 2019
Mynd44:

Are you alright too these days too?
It is an information and he didn't ask you to do anything. I am glad about the info BTW. I will likely review the biodata of the nigerians mentioned, since i like reading the biodata of successful Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:40am On Sep 05, 2019
tot:
Wasn't Mynd claiming 51% of the shares are owned by Nigerians?
hmmm is dat so? cry
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:41am On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:
Now, with the kind of human I understand fani to be, there's no gain saying he'd allege that those businesses are being attacked and the government of the day isnt doing anything about it simply because our brothers from the east own the biggest shares.

Truth is, we dont have the leverage needed to deal those guys a good blow at the moment. Whatever economic punishment we try to bring upon them will tell on us more than it would them.

That is the ugly truth. Diplomatically, we might hurt them, economically, i dont think so.
true talk
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I knew it was a lie

Infact 10% only belongs to Nigeria Investors

12% belongs to another South African investment firm that bought into Mtn Nigeria in 2012

DSTV is the worst, almost everything belongs to SA investors and signal is transmitted from South Africa.
hmm, dunno wat to believe oh cheesy
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I knew it was a lie

Infact 10% only belongs to Nigeria Investors

12% belongs to another South African investment firm that bought into Mtn Nigeria in 2012

DSTV is the worst, almost everything belongs to SA investors and signal is transmitted from South Africa.

Let’s even assume it’s only one percent that is owned by Nigerians.. the fact is we own part of it.. are we not technically affecting our own.??. let’s now assume we are not even part of the shareholders... no be our brothers and sisters dey work for shoprite and MTN...
Me I don’t know shaaa...I’m not happy about the attacks but just because South Africans decided to be stupidd and heartless does not mean that we should join in their stupidityy....our employment rate is already hitting the roofs who will employ all the MTN and shoprite staff if we decide to destroy their business and send them home... I don’t even get how MTN is the cause of xenophobic attack back in their country
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Emmanuel226(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2019
ornicus:
look at this fooking idiot.

for all their faults, MTN has done more for this country than this twitter rat

how many people has FFK been able to provide employment for?
useless lout who could only function as a noisemaker
reduced to an online blogger who has heart problems anytime efcc calls

and of course, the ignorant stupid youth, who have no idea about how business works listen to this bastard

chai na my Fani u jus attack like dat angry
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by topman1: 7:44am On Sep 05, 2019
ornicus:
look at this fooking idiot.

for all their faults, MTN has done more for this country than this twitter rat

how many people has FFK been able to provide employment for?
useless lout who could only function as a noisemaker
reduced to an online blogger who has heart problems anytime efcc calls
So does that justify South Africans killing Nigerians over there cool

and of course, the ignorant stupid youth, who have no idea about how business works listen to this bastard

Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Amozever12: 7:45am On Sep 05, 2019
sotall:
Does this mean FFK supports reprisal attacks against MTN?

Na wa oo
Bro, he didn't support reprisal attacks, he was only trying to set the record straight for ppl who taught s/africa owns MTN Nigeria.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode: MTN Is Not A Nigerian Business, Lists Share Holders by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2019
ffk is not fit to hold any post in Nigeria if not for Nigeria kind of politics. just imagine what someone that should be guiding the youths is busy doing

destroying properties despite these companies have aired their displeasure, there is a way of telling them to talk to their govt without vandalising and looting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female FRSC Official Feeds Male Colleague Publicly In Abuja (Video) / Pictures From Inside Aso Rock (2014-2015) / Senator Wamakko Throws Money To His Supporters From His Mansion. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.