Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM (38542 Views)

Adamu: APC Defeat In Osun Is A Divine Test, We’ll Change Tactics / Davido: We Will Lawfully Resist Vote Buying, Osun Is Not Ekiti / Osun APC Presidential Rally. It Was A Blast. Osun Is 4 + 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Islie: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2019
Gov. Gboyega Oyetola of Osun has described the” Overall Best State in Nigeria Award” given to the state as a source of inspiration to its people.

Oyetola, while receiving the award from Nigeria Africa Development Indicators Monitoring foundation (NADIM), on Wednesday in Osogbo said the award was enough motivation to do more for the people, NAN reports.

Represented by Mr Oluwole Oyebamiji, the Secretary to the State Government, the governor said it was encouraging that government’s modest efforts at uplifting the condition of the people was being recognised by the foundation.
He said: “When I was told that our state was due for an award, I was skeptical.

” I asked how a government that is less than a year be adjudged overall best in the country, beating states like Lagos, Edo, Anambra, FCT among others.

“I felt relieved when I was told the award was based on our performances in the last five years.
“At that point, I concluded that we truly deserve the award as a state.”

The governor noted that since assumption of office last year, deliberate measures had been taken to ensure that his administration’s policies and programmes were citizen-driven.

In his remarks, Prof. Taofeek Ibrahim, the founder of the foundation in his presentation entitled, “Development Performance Ranking of Nigerian States and Monitoring of African Countries,” said 18 basic development indicators were used in the selection of the overall best state in Nigeria.

Ibrahim, who is also the Vice Chancellor of Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, said empirical analysis of data from the Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey (NHDS,2013) was used to arrive at the award.

While congratulating the state for the feat achieved, he said the award was not based on outputs such as over head bridges, inter state road network and intra state comparison but on the level of health facilities, education and security.

He said Osun scored over 70 per cent as the best state, followed by Anambra , Lagos, Ekiti, FCT, Abia, Imo, Kwara and Kogi.

Ibrahim said Osun was adjudged the first in birth rate average or larger in weight, second best in Under 5 children birth certificate, second best in delivery in health facilities and employment among others.

He said bad governance and corruption were the major problems facing the country.

Also speaking, the Acting Executive Director of NADIM, Mr Abdulfatai Oyebamiji, stressed that the aim of the foundation was to promote the advancement of opportunities for national development.

https://www.independent.ng/osun-emerges-best-overall-state-in-nigeria/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by SLAP44: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2019
This is the truth, the state has a uniform BROWN ROOF colour and that gives it the best uniformity.

Na praise I praise the state o grin

Don't bother to quote me o, I am not feeling well today.

156 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:18am On Sep 05, 2019
Cool

God bless Osun state Government

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by yesloaded: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Overall best states in terms of?

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Pigsandidiots: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
grin
Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2019
yesloaded:
INSPIRATION grin

Oyo lucky gan...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2019
ok oooooo
Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by OndoFirstBorn(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Best overall state In terms of non-payment of Salaries abi

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Kendumazy(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2019
OK

1 Like

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Nigeria Africa Development Indicators Monitoring foundation (NADIM)

How to scam a governor. Go to CAC, register a grandiose sounding Incorporated Trustees entity. Design plaques with varying award categories. Give it for free but demand contributions to the preparation of the award ceremony.

You don hammer!

Watch the governor dance around naked in his designer invisible clothes.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Arewa12: 11:38am On Sep 05, 2019
In real life or

4 Likes

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by mrmacdon(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2019
Did I make it
Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by mistacoco2: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2019
Best in terms of what?

4 Likes

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Ekakamba: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2019
Rate over 5 the following: electricity, education, road network, rail, healthcare and standard of living. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by gozmok1(m): 11:39am On Sep 05, 2019
wetin musa no go see for gate

abeg na makinde

7 Likes

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by EsquireDD(f): 11:39am On Sep 05, 2019
Watching closely..

Be our own boss, register your business and company with us at discounted prices.

Check our signature for details.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by puredigital(f): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
It is the best in the dream grin

Abeg check my signature if you need a website for your company, business, church, e t.c

1 Like

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by mekuso89(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
Bulshit

3 Likes

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by GavelSlam: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
The same Osun some Mumus on Nairaland love to berate.

According to them, Abia is the best performing state in the country.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Oshokomole36(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
For which country b DAT?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Bustincole(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
Wat of Awka
Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Powerbankseller(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
Really? what's are the main basis of the best?

1 Like

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2019
yesloaded:

I saw inspiration oh

It's well

1 Like

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2019
Nadim? Best overall state? So many questions to ask that i don't know where to start.
Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2019
With heap of debt on the state neck...

Ogbeni Rauf really damage the treasury of the state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2019
GavelSlam:
The same Osun some Mumus on Nairaland love to berate.

According to them, Abia is the best performing state in the country.

Terrorists are everywhere

Even on nairaland

5 Likes

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Reelmii: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2019
Abia should be removed fron that list

I am from Abia state so i know wat i am saying

1 Like

Re: Osun Is The Best Overall State In Nigeria - NADIM by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2019
which of the osun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation / President Macron Welcomes Tinubu To Global Financing Pact Summit In France / Atiku Reacts Over 'killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.