Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers (608 Views)

Uniben Doctor Of Optometry Exam Setting / OPTOMETRY Or Medical Lab Science, Which Should I Put In For? / Loss Of Accreditation: UNIBEN Optometry Students Protest, Block School Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2019
Is it true that an optometry lecturer with a doctor of optometry degree (O.D) as a first degree is appointed to lecturer 2 cadre without a master's degree? Is it also true that an optometry lecturer only needs fellowship in optometry to become a professor like medical and dental consultants? If not true, what's the starting cadre for optometry lecturers with O.D. as first degree? What's also the highest qualification an optometry lecturer must have in the Nigerian university system before he or she can become a professor. I know that medical doctors and dentists only need to be consultants to be appointed to lecturer 1 and from that cadre, they'll rise through publications to become professors without Ph.D, and it's not peculiar to Nigeria. But I've never heard that an optometry lecturer becomes a professor with only a fellowship in optometry. I need to be enlightened on this.
Re: Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers by Brunicekid(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
@Mandeyy, you can alternatively check quora.com to get appropriate response(s) to your question.
Re: Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers by Froshchuksswart(m): 12:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Brunicekid:
@Mandeyy, you can alternatively check quora.com to get appropriate response(s) to your question.

Quora will only give him response from Indian scholars which is way different from our own system
Re: Appointment Of Optometry Lecturers by DOMINO001: 8:21am On Oct 04, 2020
The best way to find out is to go to the nearest school that offer optometry. Meet the students and collect their prospectus. You will see the lecturers and their qualifications. They start from lecturer ii with OD. That of professorship is now an issue. They recently prevented some senior lecturers from becoming professors until they get their PhD. I don't know if it has been resolved.
So, yes they start at lecturer ii with OD. and then proceed with their masters.

(1) (Reply)

Writing Gce At Ss2 ………an Edge For Your Child / Just In: Tetfund Begins The Construction Of Hostel In LAUTECH. / NOUN And UNILAG DLI Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.