Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" (450 Views)

The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics / Nigerian Abroad Sees A Black Cat, Prays: 'Aunty Nkechi I Rebuke You' / What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" by kilojoDesigns: 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2019
By scientific Evidence Adam and Eve would have to have been black/African.. Its has been known all tribes and races came from Africa and went their separate ways each becoming what they are today.
From evidence aswell, Jesus was more likely black than the roman depictions that came to dominate the idea of his appearance due to the Vatican influence. Jesus was made to look like Zeus and other Roman/Greek gods. This was their idea of the perfect man and painters/Artist were forced to look at them as inspiration to depict someone called the son of God.

This history channel article explains further
https://www.history.com/news/what-did-jesus-look-like

When I was younger, I remember looking at children illustrated Bibles (book of bible stories) all the characters were white even the Egyptians. A black child only exposed to the achievements of a another race and having his color associated with evil, unholyness etc would subconsciously develop a degree of inferiority complex which later goes to affect small decisions they make, compounding into larger decisions and eventually a snowball effect that is damaging to the black race in general.

So I had the idea to illustrate a bible with black characters only. I also intend on giving a visual identity to popular and unpopular black stories later on. I call the bible "The Bible Awakened" it's still in the works.

What do you think, do you believe a Bible with only white characters does hidden harm to Africans or do you think depicting God and other reverenced figures as blacks is a mis-step.

NB
Contact me for your song art and book illustrations
Call/WhatsApp 07018880219

lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" by chipsypop(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
Awesome concept, I would like to see more of it

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" by thesicilian: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
I like the fact that we Africans are beginning to think independently.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" by kilojoDesigns: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
chipsypop:
Awesome concept, I would like to see more of it

Thanks Bro smiley, I'd be posting more illustrations on my Instagram @kilojo_designs as it progresses
Re: What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" by kilojoDesigns: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
thesicilian:
I like the fact that we Africans are beginning to think independently.

Yes we are. Hopefully we can catch up with the rest of the world, mentally and technology wise
Re: What Do You Think About A "Black Bible" by kilojoDesigns: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
Update
So I've done a few more illustrations, I've decided to capture epic moments, like Moses talk with God on the Mountain, Splitting of the red sea etc. The plan is to have about 50 of theses Illustrated smiley

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Sinach Shows First Picture OF Her New Baby (pics) / Motivating (and Humorous) Speech Of Oba Ewuare II At A Church Service In Benin C / If Jesus Was God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.