Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why I Attended Event In South Africa —oby Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Attended Event In South Africa —oby Ezekwesili (297 Views)

"The Nigeria Air MUST FAIL" - Oby Ezekwesili / Security Agents Harassing Oby Ezekwesili During Lone Protest In Abuja / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Attended Event In South Africa —oby Ezekwesili by BIGGIE121(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
Oby Ezekwesili, the convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement, has responded to criticisms from Nigerians on why she attended the World Economic Forum at the time the country has boycotted activities in South Africa in the wake of a wave of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.

Ezekwesili, who spoke on a panel
at WEF held in South Africa said she was in South Africa to ensure that the country's government does not look away again when Nigerians are being attacked in South Africa. Reacting via her

Twitter handle,

Ezekwesili said: “Those who have
genuine concerns about my being
at @wef in South Africa, should
please know that my decision to
be here was thoroughly considered. I am in South Africa
leveraging my ensure that @GovernmentZA never again
looks away while our citizens are
attacked, maimed & killed.

“My Life Vision is to always stand
for the weaker. This is a role I play
within & without Nigeria. For me,
the next three days in South Africa
are programmed to achieve a set
of specific action by the
@GovernmentZA. Our Citizens’
preservation is what matters to me not the noise.

“Those of you who take delight in
making ‘Politics’ of our Citizens’
Lives can carry on with your usual
trade. I stand strong on doing the
things one can do to safeguard
lives. Citizens’ Lives are too sacred
& important for me to be drawn
into your latest ‘playground’. Never.”

The Nigerian government
boycotted the WEF summit and
ordered its ambassador to the
country to return home. Prominent musicians like Tiwa
Savage and BurnaBoy have said
they would not perform in South
Africa until the issue of xenophobia was addressed.

Nigerians and other African
nationals were attacked and their
businesses looted by South
Africans who accused foreigners
especially other Africans of taking
over their country.

Re: Why I Attended Event In South Africa —oby Ezekwesili by adontcare(f): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
Selfish and greedy woman.
Re: Why I Attended Event In South Africa —oby Ezekwesili by yinkus6750(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
What exactly is she saying?
You in the wrong place at the wrong time.
No matter your explanation.
You didn't go there based on diplomatic reasons to address the issues at hand.
Madam, stop deceiving us
Re: Why I Attended Event In South Africa —oby Ezekwesili by eTECTIV: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
Madam U don't need to explain.. If U are in South Africa while dis whole madness rages on and dey are yet to apologise and compensate those who suffered losses, U are wrong...

(1) (Reply)

We Did Not Proscribed IPOB Rather This Was What We Did - S.E Governors / Oshiomhole, I Have Nothing To Gain By Denying Obaseki Second Term. / Why Atiku Isn’t Coming, BY Prof Farooq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.