Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly (737 Views)

Nigcomsat, Nexttv Launch Satellite TV With 140 Channels / Is Anyone Using Nigcomsat In Abuja With A 60cm Dish??? / Nigcomsat-1r - Is It On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by umbo: 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2019
NextTv, a new media and
entertainment platform, is set to
challenge the monopoly enjoyed by
South Africa’s Multichoice Digital
Satellite TV’s (DStv) monopoly in
Nigeria’s payTV market.

The platform, a joint venture
partnership between Nigus
International, Nigerian
Communications Satellite Limited
(NIGCOMSAT) and China Great Wall
Industry Corporation (CGWIC)
pledged to make satellite television
affordable with quality service

Under the new arrangement, Nigus
International will be the lead partner
holding a 75 percent equity stake,
while NigComSat holds 15 percent
equity and CGWIC holding 10 percent
equity stake.

NOMINATE AFRICAN OF THE
YEAR 2019
The Minister of Communication,
Adebayo Shittu, while speaking at
the launch of the satellite service
provider to the NigComSat Direct-To-
Home (DTH) platform in Abuja, urged
Nigerians to patronise and invest in
the company.
He said the partnership within the
next few years would produce about
1.5 million set-up boxes and in doing
that many more Nigerians will get
jobs.
He assured management of the
satellite television of government’s
support to ensure that the new
partnership makes huge entry into
the market.
Executive Chairman of NextTV, Mr.
Malik Ado-Ibrahim, said, “We have
flexibility from the market giving us
tremendous opening to reach large
number of people. So we are very
comfortable that Nigerians and
Africa in general would be able to
access our service and get quality
entertainment contents.
“NexTV is not just about
entertainment but satellite
communication, broadband
connectivity and accessing digital
content through different platform
across Africa. That is why we
launched the OGT service and i think
that is where we are going to be
successful. There is mobility where
you don’t need a TV but a
smartphone to access contents,”
Ado-Ibrahim said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigcomsat-others-to-begin-new-paytv-break-dstv-monopoly.html?fbclid=IwAR0msEO--rdRiLbSlOHHmGMPjGwrRlj3fO40QPE-IjTOh4I8ti0MV1R9Snc
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by blackboy(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
Wish them the best. No be today the monopoly don break but DSTV na the real deal. Dstv of choice no be condition.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
I hope this will not be another TSTV

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by rottennaija(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2019
This is long overdue. Monopoly isn't good in anything
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by guass(m): 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
I hope this will not be another TSTV
Them don come again

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Samyj247: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
who is Nigus international... na dem dem...this is not a fully owned naija thing....naija gat just 15%
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Mcreloaded(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
Big fat lie.
Nigerian cannot support anything that is cheap to enter Nigeria especially if it will affect our ancient of days propaganda station NTA.
Play another cassette. Ngeriacomsat what ever i am yet to feel your impact though i was made to understand you only do weather report lol
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by jamesope04(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Big fat lie.
Nigerian cannot support anything that is cheap to enter Nigeria especially if it will affect our ancient of days propaganda station NTA.
Play another cassette. Ngeriacomsat what ever i am yet to feel your impact though i was made to understand you only do weather report lol
Weather reports on about 40 channels? Softly softly bro
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by litaninja(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2019
It's partnering with nigcomsat....dead on arrival.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by FirstCounsel(m): 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Big fat lie.
"Ancient of days?" Gosh that's a new one grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free-to-air Television: ? / Solar Inverter That Can Power Only 40inches Smart Tv / SRT4329 - Owners Lets Have Ur Say.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.