Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,181 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass (27296 Views)

Air Peace Offers To Freely Evacuate Nigerians From Sudan / FG To Evacuate Nigerians From China After Viral Video Of Forced Eviction / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by ImperialYoruba: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2019
Praizeupdates:
Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Passport

The plan by Air Peace to evacuate Nigerians in South Africa from September 6 suffered a setback as the majority of those interested in the process have expired passports.

Mr Allen Onyema, the Chairman of Air Peace, said in a statement in Lagos on Friday that most of the potential returnees were yet to renew their documents.

Onyema said the airline had already placed its Boeing 777 aircraft on standby and was only awaiting the go-ahead from the government.

“The Air Peace flight to South Africa will take off from the Lagos Airport and also return to Lagos. As earlier stated, the take off could be SepT 9 or 10.

See more below

https://punchng.com/xenophobia-evacuation-of-nigerians-suffers-setback-as-returnees-hold-expired-passports/amp/

from Lagos, how will they get back to village?

These people were stranded in SA, now they will be stranded in Lagos; doing what they did in SA - hopeless and random.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by fortran12: 8:29am On Sep 07, 2019
Auxtin85:
South Africans are planning another attack from 9th September and it will be massive, the news are being sent out by South Africa women. The attack of 2nd September started like this, we got the news and we didn’t take it seriously please if there is anyway the government can allow it citizens return home with or without passport they should do.
rumor mongering
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:
I honestly think this reason is lame, except there’s something they’re not telling us. The people to be evacuated are Nigerians with a Nigerian airline. I don’t get how an expired passport will stop them from flying. The view of the immigration officer on arrival is that you are coming home and as such all you need to do is prove citizenship, which an expired passport does.

Your head get good oil.HOW WERE THEY ABLE TO RECEIVE THOSE WHO WERE FLOWN IN FROM LIBYA? THOSE PEOPLE DID NOT HAVE A PASSPORT PAGE SEF
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by fortran12: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2019
Richmond96:
People are dying ......all you need Is to evacuate them... And not looking for expired passport..... Brotherhood matters
Ignorance kills
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by ghettochild(m): 8:33am On Sep 07, 2019
Naija govt and lies.....
even without a passport, all u need is ETC(Emergency travel certificate) and once u get this... you are placed on a 5year ban n won't be allowed to return to S.A.
well my passport will expire 2020march n am gonna renew it Jan 2019..
if to say I don save up to 1million... I for follow this airpeace ooo come back home n then travel go Dubai..... staying in naija no be option for me ooo...
kontri wey I don dey for 30sth years wey no favour me...even after spending millions go to Babcock...
naija youth save money n get out... our gofament bad oooo....them no wan ghetto man jab ooo,...
even after so many years African China sang this song...Naija still never change....
I owe my kids a life outside naija oooo...
if my papa n mama make mistake back then maybe cos naija been still good.... I won't make that mistake again... make money abroad or we die dere...lol...
Nothing good will come outta naija as long as we have this old buffoons in power.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2019
fortran12:

rumor mongering

My dear we don't have the luxury to term this a rumour .When 9/11_occurred,every single rumour was investigated an attack such as this has the magnitude of having larger impact than 9/11 .

South African governed is purposely taking thus lightly but it will explode in their faces and the whole world will drag its feet before assisting them
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Auxtin85(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2019
fortran12:

rumor mongering

So we thought before Sept 2nd, I don’t pray for it at all
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by ghettochild(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2019
I pity those going back home... nothing for dem o....instead make we stay here n all foreigners fight this injustice n xenophobia.. if na war....we bring war on em.... or they pay back every penny all these African countries donated with interest over these years.... of course its money they can't afford to pay or they won't even have... so we have to teach em to love us by force by fire....
what I have observed is that all foreigners here in S.A are peace loving...but now that we have been pushed... we will bring out the animality in us..
funny enough whenever there's is an uproar here in s.a the Pakistanis, Ethiopians are always those who suffer loses...cos they are the ones who own more spaza shops all around the provinces of S.A.
I am waiting for when dem go begin show their head terrorist skills here

1 Like

Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by SleekyPosh(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2019
Biodun556:

When you believe you have nothing to do with Nigeria again, you refuse to renew your passport. Not knowing that no place like home.

Which Home? undecided Please explain better.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by ImperialYoruba: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Your head get good oil.HOW WERE THEY ABLE TO RECEIVE THOSE WHO WERE FLOWN IN FROM LIBYA? THOSE PEOPLE DID NOT HAVE A PASSPORT PAGE SEF

How would you qualify the SA evacuees? What category of travelers are they?

There are different laws governing movement in international space. Libyan "refugees" were covered under UNHR for refugees. They were rescued.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by theone3010: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2019
The govt should evacuate those with expired passport or with proof they are Nigerian

Praizeupdates:
Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Passport

The plan by Air Peace to evacuate Nigerians in South Africa from September 6 suffered a setback as the majority of those interested in the process have expired passports.

Mr Allen Onyema, the Chairman of Air Peace, said in a statement in Lagos on Friday that most of the potential returnees were yet to renew their documents.

Onyema said the airline had already placed its Boeing 777 aircraft on standby and was only awaiting the go-ahead from the government.

“The Air Peace flight to South Africa will take off from the Lagos Airport and also return to Lagos. As earlier stated, the take off could be SepT 9 or 10.

See more below

https://punchng.com/xenophobia-evacuation-of-nigerians-suffers-setback-as-returnees-hold-expired-passports/amp/
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Intellectual2(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:
I honestly think this reason is lame, except there’s something they’re not telling us. The people to be evacuated are Nigerians with a Nigerian airline. I don’t get how an expired passport will stop them from flying. The view of the immigration officer on arrival is that you are coming home and as such all you need to do is prove citizenship, which an expired passport does.
the matter no tire person
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by ada9ja(f): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2019
kotv:
Is there anything Buhari's government knows how to do right?

You still have this swallow brain, please read it gently this time before you comment
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by agbonkamen(f): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:
You are so reasonable.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by topsamjo(m): 9:18am On Sep 07, 2019
aremuforlife:

Where did the government offend you here.

i wonder oo... i just don't understand the way some guys reason. shey na Buhari go do passport for them nii?
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by naijajobx: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by ImperialYoruba: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:

There are always rules and guidelines covering air travel in and out of a sovereing territory. Everyone boarding an airline goes through border security checks and required to possess valid passport. Travel with expired passport is illegal.

Nigerian Authority did not declare an evacuation exercise. Air Peace is a private airliner and the decision to evacuate is private.

South African Immigration and Travel rules will not be bent for private interest.

Certain societies enjoy advancement and growth because they hold their laws sacred and do not arbitrarily just disregard security laws if a process exist through which the spirit of such laws were addressable.

These Nigerians with expired passports are in SA illegally the moment it is discovered they do not have valid immigration papers.

They risk going to jail and then deportation, unless an intervention from Nigerian Government to assist their matter.

Their evacuation is not automatic, it must still be conducted within guidelines of security and safety.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by soleexx(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:

the story is only for the ilitrate
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by soleexx(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2019
magicminister:
Lies

My passport expired while I was in Canada and I still flew from Ontario to Lagos with a Dubai stop over.

An expired passport does not stop you from returning to your home country. Air peace should come out with the truth.

It’s either people are not showing interest or they have not been able to get anyone (the government) to cover the cost.

the story is for ilitrate

1 Like

Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by JerryJude(m): 10:30am On Sep 07, 2019
Can someone explain why visa and passport renewal is very important before bundling down here. i thought since they are giving them mass evacuation, they should forget those protocols bundle them down here to face the hardship in naija..
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by JerryJude(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2019
soleexx:

the story is for ilitrate

my brother i tire ooooooooo

if i talk na dem go say because i never travel before...ThankGod testimony is coming from people that had travelled
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by JerryJude(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2019
magicminister:
Lies

My passport expired while I was in Canada and I still flew from Ontario to Lagos with a Dubai stop over.

An expired passport does not stop you from returning to your home country. Air peace should come out with the truth.

It’s either people are not showing interest or they have not been able to get anyone (the government) to cover the cost.

my brother i tire for this kind story
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by blueAgent(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2019
AnanseK:

Irresponsible and criminal. That is what most of them are.

They will never conform to social and civilized norms of communal living.

We have to call a spade a spade, that is how our Nigerian Jewish brothers behave world wide.

Idiot.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by grandstar(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:

The law should be brushed aside and the expedient thing be done.

If these guys on expired passports want to come home, is because they realise theirs no opportunity there. The longer they stay, they'll resort to crime and everyone will start blaming them including Black South Africans.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Loxide: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2019
The South African government can simply grant all those with expired travel documents amnesty. Malaysia has been doing it annually to rid the country of illegal immigrants, after which they clamp down on those who refused to take advantage of it. This year, they started August 1st, 2019, and will end December 31st, 2019. All you need to pay is a fine of 700 Ringgits, the equivalent of N70,000, and they will give you a pass (temporary visa of 1 week). You will pay for your flight back to your home country.
Anyway, the decision for an amnesty program is solely that of the South African government. However, if the Nigerian government valued its citizens, it can influence these decisions. It's just unfortunate we are Nigerians.
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by TheCongo2: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Cmanforall: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2019
You are right, not in all countries. But a friend did her own by herself through innovate. It's over a month now, nothing. No passport, and they keep telling her (rudely) they would send her an email when it is ready. Just imagine if there's an urgent need for the passport.

I think a lot can be done to smoothen all these. Hopefully soon, since they are already making improvements.
srclark:
not in all countries I got mine within 3 days the problem is we don’t like going through due process there was a time I wanted to travel to naija and I wanted to regularise my documents the stupid proxy told me it would cost close to $500 I summoned courage and went myself and I spent less than $100 for the same process he said would $500 my advice is stop using proxies go yourself in this case they can issue this set of people without passport emergency travel document just a note identifying them as Nigerians and off they go as long as they have their expired passport and the passport numbers
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by Jaqenhghar: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:
True worda
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by akilo1: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2019
caringsce:
have u ever travel out of your village?SA immigration will need to be involve in letting them go..if they have visa ,their visa need to be cancel
Re: Plan To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa Suffers Setback Due To Expired Pass by TheCongo2: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
akilo1:
have u ever travel out of your village?SA immigration will need to be involve in letting them go..if they have visa ,their visa need to be cancel

You seem to ignore that one can travel to his home country with an expired passport. This has been done all over the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flooding: Man Lands Inside A Stagnant Water While Stepping Out In Ajah / Moment Air Peace Brought Back 270 Nigerian Students From Sudan (Video, Photos) / Passengers Stranded As 50% Transportation Rebate Scheme Stalls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.