Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended (16954 Views)

Top 5 Films Of 2019 Accelerate Filmmaker Project At The African Film Festival / Joel Benson Kachi 'Daughters Of Chibok' Wins Venice Film Festival Award / Nollywood " How To Marry A Billionaire" Gets International Film Award Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by okeniti: 7:16am On Sep 07, 2019
Very welcomed development. It may seem small, but these squeezes do have an effect.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Typhoonsbane: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2019
Whether you like it or not NIGERIA is the USA,china and Russia of AFRICA,we have the Numbers.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by ImperialYoruba: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2019
Film festival is recognition of art and creativity. You cant stifle art and creativity because kidnappers and drug dealers are asked to leave SA.

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by MoIbrahim: 8:11am On Sep 07, 2019
At last we're getting it right. Thanks God o.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by ozoneboy(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:
That's very welcome. I and my friends totally boycotted all South African music today.

Let's all unite & stand against Xenophobia every little way we can.

However we must tell ourselves the truth - we need to stop the exportation of crime, especially drug & human trafficking, to other countries. The crimes of a few are seriously tarnishing our international image which will have an effect on business opportunities available to Nigerians. We need to tackle the issue from both ends.

Today it is S.A, do we also have to wait for the likes of India to start attacking Nigerians before we do something about the worsening case of drug crime by Nigerians in that country among others? The truth is that any society will naturally seek to expunge any foreign elements perceived to be a cancer to society.

We must re-orient our youths, particularly in the South East, on the virtues of honesty, and condemn the reckless worship of ill-gotten wealth because no lives are more affected by this than theirs directly and indirectly. Let us do better.
So the revelation that the drug dealer that killed the taxi driver was a Tanzanian escaped your little mind abi?,or Southwestern youths that are champions in CyberCrime dont need reoriantation.Comtinue

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by colestephan86: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:
That's very welcome. I and my friends totally boycotted all South African music today.

However we must tell ourselves the truth - we need to stop the exportation of crime, especially drug & human trafficking, to other countries. The crimes of a few are seriously tarnishing our international image which will have an effect on business opportunities available to Nigerians. We need to tackle the issue from both ends.

Today it is S.A, do we also have to wait for the likes of India to start attacking Nigerians before we do something about the worsening case of drug crime by Nigerians in that country among others? The truth is that any society will naturally seek to expunge any foreign elements perceived to be a cancer to society.

We must re-orient our youths, particularly in the South East, on the virtues of honesty, and condemn the reckless worship of ill-gotten wealth because no lives are more affected by this than theirs directly and indirectly. Let us do better.
You are very correct , but the challenge I have is ,what's so special about south African that drug traffickers go there all the time..
I believe the story is over rated, the South African guys are more into drugs than Nigerians . A country where their guys don't want to work, what do you think they will do ? Steal, loot , buy and sell drugs and rape and best believe South African guys have all these attributes.

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Dave0116(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Film festival is recognition of art and creativity. You cant stifle art and creativity because kidnappers and drug dealers are asked to leave SA.
its for their safety which can't be guaranteed if they visit Nigeria..... Dont be surprised they might have requested for in respect to their government's order..... Besides which embassy wan stamp passport for them when both embassies are closed.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 8:29am On Sep 07, 2019
Pistotita:
South Africa is beginning to feel the heat. Laziness is a complex disease which births poverty. And the fruits are hatred, bitterness, and terrorism.

Any African country Nigeria turns against is in serious trouble. Now, South Africa will realise who Nigeria truly is.
We already know who Nigeria truly is,a country not long ago overtook India to be the poverty capital.With an image like that what can the gi-ANT of Africa really do to South Africa? South Africa didn't become the most developed country in Africa through some stupid films so you can boycott them all you want,zero fvcks are given this side.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2019
chriskosherbal:
South Africans have bitten the hand that fed them. We gave you guyz support during the apartheid yet this is the reward we get right.

Nigeria may have issues today but we will come out strong cos we are strong willed individuals and the last time I check we dominate/control the entertainment industry in Africa, we are the KING here in Africa be it in music, movie and comedy .I bet u can't beat that.

Our leaders just have to cut down on thier greed to have a better Nigeria .

God bless the citizenry of Nigeria

God bless Nigeria .
West Africa is not the entire Africa.Best comedy? who's the funniest comedian in Nigeria? that boring Basketmouth?

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 8:41am On Sep 07, 2019
Goldencheese:
South Africa overdid it. This is the beginning. More sanctions from AU, southern Africa and Nigeria should reset their brains for good. Nigeria even as it is faced with numerous challenges is better than South Africa in all departments of life.

We can provide you with business plan services or business advisory to boost your business operations. Check out my signature. Thanks ahead.

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 8:43am On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by naijajobx: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2019
Oh
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by caracas: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:

You were making some sense until you deviated n mentioned the southeast, which made your comments utterly useless n ridiculous. In fact u are both dumb n stupid to mention the southeast and this is a fact not an abuse or insult. Or how do refer to someone who lacks knowledge enough to know that crime knows no race or tribe . A lot of yourbas have bin convicted for several criminal offenses ranging from drugs, armed robbery n fraud. N who says only the igbos love or worship money
..... in fact this guy deserves a hot slap
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Pentasoft1978: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2019
helinues:
This is exact way some miscreants are letting Nigerians loose opportunities with their uncultured/unguided behaviours.

Sins of less than thousands affecting innocents in their millions.

The South Africans that will miss out will definitely believe Village people are real.

keep your silly ideology to yourself. attack on one is attack on all. if your blood brother is a thief , you will want him to have second chance to repent , you will not accept a death penalty.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by winterfell007(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2019
Pistotita:
South Africa is beginning to feel the heat. Laziness is a complex disease which births poverty. And the fruits are hatred, bitterness, and terrorism.

Any African country Nigeria turns against is in serious trouble. Now, South Africa will realize who Nigeria truly is.

Don't overestimate your importance. Of what benefit is the film festival to SA. They could as well boycott it. Nigeria �� is that big as you think she is
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by ghettochild(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2019
e never finish o..make Cannes film sef banned em too...
even all Africans should boycott any music award for Africa this year showing their displeasure against s.a
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Notatribalist(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2019
galadima77:

Your third paragraph almost brought me to tears.
same with me.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Olumyco(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
JaceBlaze:
We already know who Nigeria truly is,a country not long ago overtook India to be the poverty capital.With an image like that what can the gi-ANT of Africa really do to South Africa? South Africa didn't become the most developed country in Africa through some stupid films so you can boycott them all you want,zero fvcks are given this side.

You are funny.... most developed only in infrastructure. Based on economy we are the largest. The under 30 list released by Forbes Nigerians has the highest number. The list of most reputable people in Africa released by Forbes, we have the highest number. Nigerians have 4 billionaires who are blacks. SA has 5 billionaires and only one of them is a black (Mr. Patrice).
In terms of industry..... let's examine the 5 main industries of an economy... considering Entertainment Industry, we are the largest and the richest. For Banking Industry we are the richest and largest. In terms of Telecommunications Industry... you have MTN which is not even owned by a black SA, we have Glo own by the second richest man in Africa. In terms of Mining/Production you have mining industries more than us and we too have Oil and Gas industries... the refinery which we will be using Dangote Refinery will be ready next year and will seal up that industry perfectly. We produce cars here (IVM), your spot car production is more like play play not Business oriented like our own. We are the largest in terms of Rice, Cassava and Yam production. We have many manufacturing industries and even if you have more than us we still compete in this area in Africa. And the last Industry, ICT Biz we have many companies... infact in terms of Fintech Companies we lead in Africa... the likes of Interswitch, Paystack Flutterwave etc. We have Andela and co.
Your unemployment rate higher than our own. Truly you are ahead of us in terms of Education but only in terms of education infrastructure. In terms of education performance we lead in Africa. So many things to compare. Even the infrastructure where you glaringly lead us we still follow you bomber to bomber. Cape Town is the most beautiful and most developed city in Africa and Abuja is the second in Africa and it was built by us unlike Cape Town that was built by the Whites.

Truly Nigeria, SA and Egypt are the countries leading in Africa but out of the three Nigeria is the Giant.

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by FearlessDapsin(m): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
Olumyco:

You are funny.... most developed only in infrastructure. Based on economy we are the largest. The under 30 list released by Forbes Nigerians has the highest number. The list of most reputable people in Africa released by Forbes, we have the highest number. Nigerians have 4 billionaires who are blacks. SA has 5 billionaires and only one of them is a black (Mr. Patrice).
In terms of industry..... let's examine the 5 main industry of an economy... considering Entertainment Industry, we are the largest and the richest. For Banking Industry we are the richest and largest. In terms of Telecommunications Industry... you have MTN which is not even owned by a black SA, we have Glo own by the second richest man in Africa. In terms of Mining/Production you have mining industries more than us and we too have Oil and Gas industries... the refinery which we will be using Dangote Refinery will be ready next year and will seal up that industry perfectly. We produce cars here (IVM), your spot car production is more like play play not Business oriented like our own. We are the largest in terms of Rice, Cassava and Yam production. We have many manufacturing industries and even if you have more than us we still compete in this area in Africa. And the last Industry, ICT Biz we have many companies... infact in terms of Fintech Companies we lead in Africa... the likes of Interswitch, Paystack Flutterwave etc. We have Andela and co.
Your unemployment rate higher than our own. Truly you are ahead of us in terms of Education but only in terms of education infrastructure. In terms of education performance we lead in Africa. So many things to compare. Even the infrastructure where you glaringly lead us we still follow you bomber to bomber. Cape Town is the most beautiful and most developed city in Africa and Abuja is the second in Africa and it was built by us unlike Cape Town that was built by the Whites.

Truly Nigeria, SA and Egypt are the countries leading in Africa but out of the three Nigeria is the Giant.
Bravo.
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Olumyco(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
JaceBlaze:

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by bensowe(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:
That's very welcome. I and my friends totally boycotted all South African music today (especially Master KG).

Let's all continue to unite & stand against Xenophobia in every little way we can.

However we must tell ourselves the truth - as a nation, we need to stop the exportation of crime, especially drug & human trafficking, to other countries. The crimes of a few are seriously tarnishing our international image, which will have an adverse effect on business opportunities available to Nigerians worldwide. We therefore need to tackle the issue from both ends.

Today it is South Africa; do we also have to wait for the likes of India to start attacking Nigerians before we do something about the worsening cases of drug crimes by Nigerians in that country among others? The truth is that any society will naturally seek to expunge any foreign elements perceived to be a cancer to that society. It is unavoidable.

We must then re-orient our youths, on the virtues of honesty & diligence, while condemning the reckless worship of ill-gotten wealth; because no Nigerian, anywhere, is unaffected by this plague which is attracting notoriety and negative profiling to our dear country. Let us do better.

South Africans are just gullible, Asians are the main drug Lords. Africans selling the drugs are just like their 'umu-oru'.
Where do you think they are getting all the drugs they are selling?
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2019
winterfell007:

Don't overestimate your importance. Of what benefit is the film festival to SA. They could as well boycott it. Nigeria �� is that big as you think she is

JaceBlaze:

Your own Nigeria might be the way you have both described her but mine is still the giant of Africa. S.A. has tried desperately, but cannot surpass Nigeria. Only those in strategic position understand what I am talking about. Without Nigeria, S.A. is absolutely nothing. Probably if Nigeria had not stepped in to their case, the blacks there would still have padlocks in their lips working on farms, or breaking heavy stones while mining gold for the whites.

Let Nigeria move her citizens from S.A, the probability that other nations will follow is high. Thenafter, lets see how South Africa will survive. Even their women understand it more than the two of you.

Keep on saying negative stuff about your fatherland, you definitely will both not prosper within her. And you go abroad, definitely, you will get the S.A. treatment.

I have walked in streets in Europe, and police stopped me to check me, and after, the first comment was that Nigeria super eagles is a great team. There was a time "skin heads" chased me and I ran into another group of white folks, and quickly explained myself. They bombarded the thugs and kept shouting that they wanted to beat the son of the giant of Africa.

Well, I have been embarrassed in airports, no doubts, but I think the founding fathers of the black Americans suffered same. Nigeria is bouncing back by God's grace. I don't know how because I will not deny the fact that things are bad, but there is hope. S.A. should have overtaken Nigeria with all that is happening around, but for that not to happen, there is hope.

While you are condemning Nigeria, there are many out there really cherishing her. Of course, your own Nigeria might be desert, but mine is a fertile land. I may decide to relocate abroad tomorrow, but that will not stop my businesses from functioning in Nigeria. I have closed my eyes to the bad elements in Nigeria, but to hunt for the good ones. There are terrible Nigerians here, even on nairaland, but I have chosen to ignore their s.tupi.dity henceforth. You can choose to continue cursing your own Nigeria, and block the heaven over you with a strong brass. But my Nigeria is filled with showers of blessings running over me. Too much blessings! The way Isaac made his wealth in time of farmine is how I am making mine.

Naija for Life!

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2019
Pistotita:

Your own Nigeria might be the way you have both described her but mine is still the giant of Africa. S.A. has tried desperately, but cannot surpass Nigeria. Only those in strategic position understand what I am talking about. Without Nigeria, S.A. is absolutely nothing. Probably if Nigeria had not stepped in to their case, the blacks there would still have padlocks in their lips working on farms, or breaking heavy stones while mining gold for the whites.

Let Nigeria move her citizens from S.A, the probability that other nations will follow is high. Thenafter, lets see how South Africa will survive. Even their women understand it more than the two of you.

Keep on saying negative stuff about your fatherland, you definitely will both not prosper within her. And you go abroad, definitely, you will get the S.A. treatment.

I have walked in streets in Europe, and police stopped me to check me, and after, the first comment was that Nigeria super eagles is a great team. There was a time "skin heads" chased me and I ran into another group of white folks, and quickly explained myself. They bombarded the thugs and kept shouting that they wanted to beat the son of the giant of Africa.

Well, I have been embarrassed in airports, no doubts, but I think the founding fathers of the black Americans suffered same. Nigeria is bouncing back by God's grace. I don't know how because I will not deny the fact that things are bad, but there is hope. S.A. should have overtaken Nigeria with all that is happening around, but for that not to happen, there is hope.

While you are condemning Nigeria, there are many out there really cherishing her. Of course, your own Nigeria might be desert, but mine is a fertile land. I may decide to relocate abroad tomorrow, but that will not stop my businesses from functioning in Nigeria. I have closed my eyes to the bad elements in Nigeria, but to hunt for the good ones. There are terrible Nigerians here, even on nairaland, but I have chosen to ignore their s.tupi.dity henceforth. You can choose to continue cursing your own Nigeria, and block the heaven over you with a strong brass. But my Nigeria is filled with showers of blessings running over me. Too much blessings! The way Isaac made his wealth in time of farmine is how I am making mine.

Naija for Life!
Looks like I got under some people's skins.

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
Olumyco:

In terms of industry..... let's examine the 5 main industries of an economy... considering Entertainment Industry, we are the largest and the richest. For Banking Industry we are the richest and largest. In terms of Telecommunications Industry... you have MTN which is not even owned by a black SA, we have Glo own by the second richest man in Africa. In terms of Mining/Production you have mining industries more than us and we too have Oil and Gas industries... the refinery which we will be using Dangote Refinery will be ready next year and will seal up that industry perfectly. We produce cars here (IVM), your spot car production is more like play play not Business oriented like our own. We are the largest in terms of Rice, Cassava and Yam production. We have many manufacturing industries and even if you have more than us we still compete in this area in Africa. And the last Industry, ICT Biz we have many companies... infact in terms of Fintech Companies we lead in Africa... the likes of Interswitch, Paystack Flutterwave etc. We have Andela and co.

My question is:Do you think Nigeria is capable of bringing South Africa to it's knees?

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by JaceBlaze: 7:15am On Sep 08, 2019
Pistotita:

Naija for Life!
Too long and too irrelevant...and sounds made up undecided

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by IronGalaxy: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=JaceBlaze post=81997732][/quote]like dude, lol

1 Like

Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by IronGalaxy: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2019
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by IronGalaxy: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
Marshalemmy:
These guys are pure definition of barbarians
is there anyone more barbaric than Nigerians honestly? How is looting worse than killing someone for their organs?
Re: 16th Abuja International Film Festival: All South African Film Entries Suspended by IronGalaxy: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
chriskosherbal:
South Africans have bitten the hand that fed them. We gave you guyz support during the apartheid yet this is the reward we get right.

Nigeria may have issues today but we will come out strong cos we are strong willed individuals and the last time I check we dominate/control the entertainment industry in Africa, we are the KING here in Africa be it in music, movie and comedy .I bet u can't beat that.

Our leaders just have to cut down on thier greed to have a better Nigeria .

God bless the citizenry of Nigeria

God bless Nigeria .
At no point in time did Nigerians feed South Africans. Please snap out of this fallacy people

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: I Nominated Tega Because She’s Antagonistic - Arin / 2017 Most Viewed YouTube Videos, Music Videos / Watch More Comedy Skits By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.