Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP (19676 Views)

Olusegun Bamgbose: Obaseki May Return To APC Immediately / 21 Nigerian Senators Who May Defect From Their Parties And Why / Npdp May Defect To PDP This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by hopexter(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2019
Flyingngel:
It is an open secret that he is moving.
Forget all those picture sham that Obaseki and Oshiomole throw at us in the name of reconciliation; the fact remains that Oshiomole and his gang of looters are not ready to live in financial stagnation come next Governorship regime in Edo state.
Very anyhow people.

See what your expectations have led you into, the post now seems like a Prayer point to you. if Oshiomole is a looter, what would you call Lucky Igbinedion who didn't buy common Pure water for Edo state? Is it not the same Lucky who was never arrested upon all the State Funds he looted instigating Obaseki to defect to PDP? Open your eyes bro, don't allow party sentiments blindfold your sense of reason. One love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chimookigwe: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2019
Abdul4trust1:
Nigerians always vote along ethnic, religion and party lines. In the case of Edo, ethnic and party lines count so, forget who have registered voters.

Sentiments don't win elections, registered voters do. Obaseki needs registered voters on his side. Else, he'll end up like Akinlade, Rochas and Dino. Pdp won't give him ticket. Wanna bet?

Let me give you an example. Look at Kogi Pdp, Dino was the most popular and noisy. When primaries came, he was sorely beaten. The people controlling the voters don't make noise. The Igalas with 52% of the registered voters simply took the ticket away from him.

In fact, after the Pdp primaries, Bello ran to Abuja cos he knows what's coming for him.

Politics involves numbers and science. That's why some of us can plot trajectories and tell you likely places the pendulum would swing.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chimookigwe: 10:09am On Sep 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Hope carrying agbo up and down is not allowed too and frying akara balls with red oil is also prohibited.

There must be immigration services there also?

We don't have immigration services, we have veterinary services. They are to ensure that pigs are not allowed in.

2 Likes

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by akdjr(m): 10:10am On Sep 07, 2019
If he try such that will be the end of his political career in Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Kenturkey048(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

I've been to all regions apart from the NE
you av visited all regions and you sit to type what you just typed
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chimookigwe: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2019
Kenturkey048:
you av visited all regions and you sit to type what you just typed

Let's start from political achievements and finances.

Combine the SE states together. What do they have that Ogun state doesn't have more than all of them combined?

IGR alone, Ogun state is more than all of them combined.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:
If he try it, his political career go finish..

Yorubas don't play with APC

Obaseki should remain there.

Edo remains a PDP state. If Obaseki moves n his men decamps with him, he will win.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Flyingngel(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2019
hopexter post:

See what your expectations have led you into, the post now seems like a Prayer point to you. if Oshiomole is a looter, what would you call Lucky Igbinedion who didn't buy common Pure water for Edo state? Is it not the same Lucky who was never arrested upon all the State Funds he looted instigating Obaseki to defect to PDP? Open your eyes bro, don't allow party sentiments blindfold your sense of reason. One love .

Guy take time and go through my comments, then you will knw that i don't support party but individuals that has perform be it in PDP or APC.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chukapage(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

The way you political nonentities have nothing to show for your existence, only VP to Shagari an SSCE holder.

What has Pdp done for your father drinking kerosene like a lantern in the village.
Oga your own is going thread to thread bashing Igbos is it your Vp? Is it your SSCE ? Buhari wey u dey follow get WAEC? Leave the East out of your useless tantrums we no send you!! Is it your political relevance? Why our matter dey pain you? You don mad?! We don't care about any Edo state an average Easterners sees Edo and Bini as YORUBA .leave us alone Biko!! Do you politics let us focus on our own .Attack dog!

1 Like

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Kenturkey048(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

Let's start from political achievements and finances.

Combine the SE states together. What do they have that Ogun state doesn't have more than all of them combined?

IGR alone, Ogun state is more than all of them combined.
okay oooh...
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chimookigwe: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Edo remains a PDP state. If Obaseki moves n his men decamps with him, he will win.

Go and ask Osunbor and Iyamu to tell you the stories of their lives. You'll come back to delete this nonsense.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Wettoid123: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2019
These is the only option left for obaseki since oshiomole has sworn not to give him a second term ticket,
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by SoftP(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2019
Ceoking6:
He shouldn't leave o, his enemies are desperate to have him in PDP asap (for now they are clueless on where to fault and lynch him cos no strong argument especially oshomole).

But if he decamps now you would see a volcano erupt, those hiding would openly come out all in the name of we won't allow our mandate be given to PDP.

Oshomole would unleash full fg might on him, the palace would abandon him, the so called masseses he is fighting for would do a sowore on him.

PDP at state or national can't absorb his shock, and he hasn't gained the political grassroot structures to fight the idiot oshomole who is well grounded with the street, cultists etc that benefits more from his massive loot and chop politics.

I hate to admit this but oshomole is a very strong black market politician, he singlehandedly dragged an unpopular obaseki through primaries and made him win a popular candidate as ize iyamu (don't known if APC was in power in fg then let alone he enjoyed the kind of power he does now as national chairman).

This is a man that is even supervised the butcher of them saraki dynasty, and the uphill task of reelecting buhari etc.

People underestimate what he can do in Edo where he knows the in and out

grin a Sowore on him

Got me cracked up

Ur analogy is so on point, the people whose votes really count are from the street, not social media
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Ceoking6: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2019
SoftP:

grin a Sowore on him

Got me cracked up

Ur analogy is so on point, the people whose votes really count are from the street, not social media

real matter, if I were him i would wait till after APC primaries to see if I can influence my way to the ticket.

If not given b4 switching to PDP at the very end of it
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

We don't have immigration services, we have veterinary services. They are to ensure that pigs are not allowed in.

Hope, they also have deephealth services for those stirring amala with toilet broom..
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

Go and ask Osunbor and Iyamu to tell you the stories of their lives. You'll come back to delete this nonsense.

Edo is a PDP state.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by hoseao(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

for real!!! is edo state Yoruba?
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by loyaltygame(m): 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
This man is going to be the next Governor of Edo State.
Chief Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Enwhen(m): 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Lolsss...Edo is not a Yoruba state o..lolsss, OYO is govern by PDP....

If Obaseki remain in APC he may not get the ticket, it is better he move to the PDP and what happened in Benue will play and he will win.

1 Like

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by CSTR2: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2019
Peacecore:
This is how Obaseki is going. It's a pity he doesn't understand politics. Oshiomole has been in politics for years n know every nook n cranny both for free n unfree election.
Obaseki may get 20k likes n Oshiomole only 1 but d poll will show different thing.
I'm not for Oshiomole if he mean bad for Edo ppl but Obaseki shld try hard n make peace with him bcoz dis how Ambode was pushed by likes n share. U may say that Edo is not Lagos but politics involves more than good governance.

Bookmark this post...
I hope you know PDP won Edo States during the presidential election.
Keep formulating nonsense.

Obaseki is the beautiful Bride. If he goes to the PDP, he would win far more resoundingly than even in the apc.
This is Edo state. PDP is Strong there and obaseki is loved by most.

They didn't vote APC. They voted for obaseki.

1 Like

Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by CSTR2: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2019
Enwhen:

Lolsss...Edo is not a Yoruba state o..lolsss, OYO is govern by PDP....

If Obaseki remain in APC he may not get the ticket, it is better he move to the PDP and what happened in Benue will play and he will win.
Don't mind them.
Using the backward politics of their one man-States to gauge Edo state.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Enwhen(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
CSTR2:

Don't mind them.
Using the backward politics of their one man-States to gauge Edo state.

Lolssssss ....Amala and ewedu politics...dibo ki o bimo

There is no god father in Edo politics
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chemist009(m): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Mraphel:

Crazy analyst. Like d bini and esan supported him in d previous election.
Bini and esan votes alone cannot win an election in edo state..eg akoko edos has d largest land area in d state, afamai people nko ? d auchi and others
what of d binis and esans that are still following apc?
That's not true, they actually can. The Binis- Edo South account for around 52% and Esans 18%, that's 70%. Edo North accounts for about 30% of Edo
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by TubesafariCom: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
MAY?
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

Sentiments don't win elections, registered voters do. Obaseki needs registered voters on his side. Else, he'll end up like Akinlade, Rochas and Dino. Pdp won't give him ticket. Wanna bet?

Let me give you an example. Look at Kogi Pdp, Dino was the most popular and noisy. When primaries came, he was sorely beaten. The people controlling the voters don't make noise. The Igalas with 52% of the registered voters simply took the ticket away from him.

In fact, after the Pdp primaries, Bello ran to Abuja cos he knows what's coming for him.

Politics involves numbers and science. That's why some of us can plot trajectories and tell you likely places the pendulum would swing.

why not refer me to Benue not Kogi. PDP need Obaseki's incumbency more than ever before.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Chimookigwe: 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
Abdul4trust1:
why not refer me to Benue not Kogi. PDP need Obaseki's incumbency more than ever before.

What did incumbency do for Okorocha, what of Amosun? What did incumbency do for Adamawa and Bauchi?

PDP didn't win Benue based on incumbency, they won based on the Fulani herdsmen genocide where Benue people were openly calling APC a Miyetti Allah party for Buhari's slow handling of the security problems.

If Obaseki moves to Pdp, I can assure you that he would lose gallantly.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Young4jose: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
SoftP:
with or without APC, Obaseki will retain his seat.

The Benin with Majority voices are solidly behind him, the Esan people who occupy a large space will be the last to pledge loyalty for Oshiomole'

Philip shaibu's votes has divided the estako people '

Oshiomole better blend so he might be carried along in next dispensation, Edo state has gone past that stage where one man will determine who leaves ..
U don't know anything about politics in Edo, just keep ur mouth shut....///
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by buhariguy(m): 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

you make sense for the first time, obaseki wil be a bygone
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by wink2015(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki’s second term bid might see the light of day if the rumours making the rounds in Benin City about his alleged plan defection to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are anything to go by. Recent romance with big PDP chieftains in the state will further attest to the fact that the Edo Peoples Movement (EPM), top members of the APC ruling party in Edo, are not willing to make peace with Obaseki, hence the governor, who is popularly known as ‘wake and see’ is considering the PDP option. Fillers reaching Saturday Telegraph revealed that Obaseki and the PDP state Chairman, Chief Dan. Orbih, are currently in the US, allegedly holding meetings over his defection. It will also be recalled that the Delta State Governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, recently held a closed door meeting with Obaseki shortly before the governor travelled to the US. A PDP source, who is privy to this, said:

“As I speak with you now from New York in the US, I want to say that I’m very happy with the current romance between Obaseki and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party in Edo State. “Edo State does not belong to a particular group of persons or politicians, we are all stakeholders in the state, and we will support a governor that mean well for the poor masses. I would advise governor Obaseki to be focused because I can see that people who do not want good life for the poor masses of Edo people are bent on ensuring that Obaseki does not return to the government house in 2020. “As a concerned citizen of Edo State, I want to say that we are ready to back Obaseki if he gets a ticket from another political platform.

“Greedy Edo politicians are not happy with him simply because it is no longer business as usual where they pack the people’s money to foreign banks abroad, thereby impoverishing the people and making life miserable for them. With the current move by Obaseki, I’m very sure that Edo electorate, who voted massively for him in 2016, will come out in their thousands to vote for him again.” However, efforts to get Obaseki’s media aide, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, comment on this new development proved abortive as at the time of filling this report.

Source: https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/09/2020-obaseki-may-defect-to-pdp/

The good people of Edo state will follow him to pdp.

The governor has performed so well.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Comrade Adams Oshiomole and President Muhammadu Buhari are just fighting him for nothing.

Governor Ortom of Benue state moved to Pdp from Apc and the good people of Benue state accompanied him to his new party.

NOTHING DO YOU MR GOVERNOR ! I rest assure you that Edolites are solidly behind you.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by buhariguy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

how many men obaseki have, men that could not win their polling unit
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
buhariguy:
how many men obaseki have, men that could not win their polling unit

grin grin.

Bubari madness.

I will pass.
Re: 2020: Obaseki May Defect To PDP by buhariguy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2019
Chukapage:
Oga your own is going thread to thread bashing Igbos is it your Vp? Is it your SSCE ? Buhari wey u dey follow get WAEC? Leave the East out of your useless tantrums we no send you!! Is it your political relevance? Why our matter dey pain you? You don mad?! We don't care about any Edo state an average Easterners sees Edo and Bini as YORUBA .leave us alone Biko!! Do you politics let us focus on our own .Attack dog!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gabriel Nkanang Dies: Governor Udom Emmanuel's Father Is Dead / Ondo 2020: PDP Seeks Mimiko’s Support, Lures Him With VP Slot / 2024: Fubara Presents N800bn Budget Of Renewed Hope, Consolidation & Continuity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.