Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh (3076 Views)

Hon. Obinna Onwubuariri, The YOUNGEST LAWMAKER Tours His Constituency! / Press Release: Senate Is Solidly Behind Senate President, Bukola Saraki / PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by ChinenyeN(m): 5:22am On Oct 30, 2010
Onlytruth, don't be dramatic about all this. No one is even implying that the Igbo cannot try to have one voice. It's just that we fail to see why a socio-cultural organization must dip its hands into politics. Now, if they had started an 'apex Igbo political organization' and chose to voice themselves through such an organization, then you can surely trust that we would not be having this discussion, right now. Otherwise, we would be discussing the question of "Why Jonathan?" rather than the question of "Why are they going out of their way to endorse, the first place?"

You seem to want to debate the question of "Why Jonathan?", failing to understand that those you intend on debating with, came to discuss something else. Makes the whole thing seem as if we aren't even on the same page, to begin with.

Just Saying.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Onlytruth(m): 5:38am On Oct 30, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Onlytruth, don't be dramatic about all this. No one is even implying that the Igbo cannot try to have one voice. It's just that we fail to see why a socio-cultural organization must dip its hands into politics. Now, if they had started an 'apex Igbo political organization' and chose to voice themselves through such an organization, then you can surely trust that we would not be having this discussion, right now. Otherwise, we would be discussing the question of "Why Jonathan?" rather than the question of "Why are they going out of their way to endorse, the first place?"

You seem to want to debate the question of "Why Jonathan?", failing to understand that those you intend on debating with, came to discuss something else. Makes the whole thing seem as if we aren't even on the same page, to begin with.

Just Saying.

I don't want to debate "why Jonathan?" I want to debate "why not speak with one voice?"
I notice that Ohanaeze is not a political organization, which is why they cannot force their wishes. They are only doing like others in the same Nigeria (Arewa, etc). They can spin out a political organization but that should be a longer term objective. For now, it is all we have. And while we are busy doubting and arguing them, other tribes are moving ahead of us in the scheme of things. We are being marginalized because we lack one voice. It is unfortunate.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by chyz(m): 6:28am On Oct 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

This is why I try my best to educate Igbo people about the need for SPEAKING WITH ONE VOICE.

I'm not a "Solomon", but I started arguing with far older men over this same issue when I was only 14 years.

I remember arguing with one man who by my estimation would be around 50 years when I was 15 years old over the same issue. He kept trying to intimidate me into accepting that Igbo lack of one voice is a good thing. I stood my grounds and told him he was wrong.
There is NO WAY we can get our dues in Nigeria or even push for any agenda without speaking with one voice.

In my book, the most foolish Igbo man/woman is anyone telling me that our lack of one voice is a good thing. IT IS NOT.
In fact it is TERRIBLE.

That is why we are cheated on all counts in Nigeria.

The most foolish lion is one which dares to take on a pack of buffaloes alone. It will be trampled to death.

NDIIGBO, LEARN TO ACCEPT WHAT YOUR LEADERS TELL YOU. FOLLOW THEM. IT IS NOT FOOLISHNESS. IT IS WISDOM
Enuf said.
cool cool

AMEN!
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 30, 2010
There is a saying that what a young man sees standing and stretching, oldmen have already seen sitting down.

When a 15year old tries to lecture a 50year old man on socio-cultural issues then it is obvious where Onlytruth is going wrong, and the history of his thought process becomes clearer.

Igbos do not have have to speak with one voice on every issue, all we should ask for is to stand up for what is right at all times.

Ralph Uwechue can not go in the middle of the night concieve a plan, possibly collect money as motivation and come out in the morning to ask us to back up his view and then tell us we must speak with one voice. That is some madness that certainly will not fly in Igboland.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2010
Honestly Ralph Uwechue must consider stepping down next month, he has brought disrepute to his office.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by jmoore(m): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2010
Ohaneze is just a group of political elite. If they are in support of IBB, that does not mean that IBB will get the highest votes from south east

The real deal is that those who support IBB know that he can't win the election, what they are up to is to collect his money to enrich themselves <game of politics>
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by ChinenyeN(m): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

I don't want to debate "why Jonathan?" I want to debate "why not speak with one voice?"
That is an entirely different topic from the two that I earlier raised. So, it is clear now that we were never at all on the same page.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Onlytruth(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2010
mikeansy:

There is a saying that what a young man sees standing and stretching, oldmen have already seen sitting down.

When a 15year old tries to lecture a 50year old man on socio-cultural issues then it is obvious where Onlytruth is going wrong, and the history of his thought process becomes clearer.

Igbos do not have have to speak with one voice on every issue, all we should ask for is to stand up for what is right at all times.

Ralph Uwechue can not go in the middle of the night concieve a plan, possibly collect money as motivation and come out in the morning to ask us to back up his view and then tell us we must speak with one voice. That is some madness that certainly will not fly in Igboland.

I've tried to argue you on this issue without insults and personal attacks, but it is obvious that you will attack anyone who fails to follow you in challenging Ohanaeze's endorsement of Jonathan. In your frenzy to indict me and my position and "thought process", you fall into the same "fault" you are accusing me of.

If you feel that I have a troubled thinking process for arguing with a 50 year old man, why are you arguing with Uwechue, who is not only older than you but has achieved far more than you in terms of leadership?
What do you know about leadership?

I am an aspiring NATIONAL (Igbo) leader, and one of the things any aspiring leader should learn is to step into the shoes of substantive leaders to view things. How would you make that leader when NO ONE will agree with EVERYTHING you say?

Onye fee eze, eze eru ya! That is a wise Igbo saying.

I could argue with a 50 year old man when I was 15 because he was a trader in Onitsha and I was in secondary school. undecided undecided So in effect I understood certain political issues more than him. I read newspapers and followed Nigerian politics. He only argued like a semi-literate obstinate Igbo man. I have ALWAYS been in leadership positions even from PRIMARY SCHOOL. So I understand leadership.

The most difficult thing for a leader is to lead a TOTALLY REBELLIOUS people. If you could achieve 100 things with normal people, you cannot achieve 2 things with such rebellious people.

Nnewi people say that "Onye isi ike n'ebi na ana okponku" -the rebellious man lives perpetually in a dry and desolate land.

So learn to respect your leaders. It ain't easy being a leader.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2010
^^^^^^

Appologies if I came accross as attacking you, that was certainly not my intention.

Just saying what you call wisdom may not necessarily be wisdom especially when it is a view you have held since you were 15.

However sorry if I came accross as abusive.

Bye.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Onlytruth(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2010
mikeansy:

^^^^^^

Appologies if I came accross as attacking you, that was certainly not my intention.

Just saying what you call wisdom may not necessarily be wisdom especially when it is a view you have held since you were 15.

However sorry if I came accross as abusive.

Bye.

There is nothing wrong with holding a view from childhood. When you grow up, you drop bad views and keep good ones. This one is a good view, so I kept it. Igwe bu ike.

My views are based on the Nigerian political REALITY. We Ndigbo can afford to argue ourselves to death if we lived in a separate Igbo only country or a country without  tribal or sectional politics. That is not the case.
Today, the south east is the most marginalized in terms of federal allocations, and representation. It did not happen overnight. It was a 40 year old process, during which we were busy arguing ourselves and our leaders to death while others made hay. If we can cultivate the habit of rallying round our leaders, we would be a force to reckon with in Nigeria, and all the marginalization will end.

Your apologies are accepted.  wink
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2010
i tink igbo's r tend 2 b call fools when jonathan becomes presido *TUFIAKWA* n afta 8 yearz his deputy will always rule for 8yrz n wats our stand i beta put it as *SLAVE*. IGBOs WISE UP BIKOKWA.

Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2010
The most difficult thing for a leader is to lead a TOTALLY REBELLIOUS people. If you could achieve 100 things with normal people, you cannot achieve 2 things with such rebellious people.

plain truth!!!!
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Dede1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2010
I am lost for words to describe the political mess created by the endorsement of GEJ presidency by Uwechue led Ohanaeze. There is not doubt that there is EZE in Ekpeye the home of GEJ. Is that EZE a member of Ohanaeze? I shall left my humble self by asking if Ohanaze is an exclusive entity of the southeast. In every release statements from Ohanaeze under Uwechue, it is either a common reference to southeast or mention of one deluded Eze Cletus Ilomuanya.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by jason12345: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2010
chyz:

AMEN!

chyz, i think ohaneze should stop talking!!! today they support GJ, tomorrow they support IBB. the bible says, "even when a foolish man stops talking, he appears to be wise before a king". i think ohanze should remain a socia-cultural group because they are not playing smart here. they might even end up splitting ""igbo votes""
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by AndreUweh(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2010
Fabulousnigga:

i tink igbo's r tend 2 b call fools when jonathan becomes presido *TUFIAKWA* n afta 8 yearz his deputy will always rule for 8yrz n wats our stand i beta put it as *SLAVE*. IGBOs WISE UP BIKOKWA.
I really admire your stupidity here. Let me not warn you again, do not refer Ndigbo as fools.
Mohican Idiott.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by AndreUweh(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2010
jason12345:

chyz, i think ohaneze should stop talking!!! today they support GJ, tomorrow they support IBB. the bible says, "even when a foolish man stops talking, he appears to be wise before a king". i think ohanze should remain a socia-cultural group because they are not playing smart here. they might even end up splitting ""igbo votes""
Ohanaeze has made only one endorsement not two. I do not not know if you are blind or is it your comprehension that is failing you?.
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by jason12345: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Ohanaeze has made only one endorsement not two. I do not not know if you are blind or is it your comprehension that is failing you?.

my brother, i'm not blind smiley.

ohaneze endorsed GJ a week or two ago. now, they are supporting IBB. all i would say is this below.

jason12345:

Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Onlytruth(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2010
jason12345:

ohaneze endorsed GJ a week or two ago. now, they are supporting IBB. all i would say is this below.

Dude, you see why I don't think you are honest about your fabled "Igbo-Yoruba" alliance.
Did you even read the original post? And did you follow this discussion? Where did you see Ohanaeze support IBB?

Are you careless or just being provocative? undecided
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by chyz(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2010
jason12345:

They are supporting IBB now?! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by jason12345: 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dude, you see why I don't think you are honest about your fabled "Igbo-Yoruba" alliance.
Did you even read the original post? And did you follow this discussion? Where did you see Ohanaeze support IBB?

Are you careless or just being provocative? undecided

sorry, my bad. i thought it was ohaneze. i have to admit i didn't read it. grin

and yeah i am serious the ""fabled yoruba-igbo alliance""
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by jason12345: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2010
chyz:

They are supporting IBB now?! shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin its my mistake. i apologise grin grin
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by chyz(m): 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2010
jason12345:

grin grin grin grin grin its my mistake. i apologise grin grin

I was about to throw a fit mehn lol, phewww
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by jason12345: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2010
chyz:

I was about to throw a fit mehn lol, phewww
grin grin grin
Re: Ohaneze Solidly Behing Ibb - Obinna Uzoh by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2010
jason12345 cool down, pls always read the original post, n if possible the thread before commenting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Commissions Mobile Field Hospital And Ambulances / Nigeria Heads For Closest Election On Record / Boko Haram Releases Beheading Video of two men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.