Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team (31541 Views)

Fátima Diame: Is She The Sexiest Female Athlete On Earth? (Pictures) / Gate Collapses On Female Athlete At Opening Of 7th Nigerian Youth Games In Delta / Naomi Osaka Becomes The Highest Paid Female Athlete In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by uchennamani(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2019
Nukilia:

Can't you read that she's a woman? undecided
The 'He' was intentional. The joke is lost on you, bro
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by seunfly: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2019
Chrisbeks:
Better for her and the IAAF. Her case is really unfortunate. It's not her fault that she was born that way. They don't want to accept her as a female athlete until she takes medication to suppress her natural hormone levels . it's not fair, others are taking drugs to boost themselves and win unfairly but they want her to take drugs to reduce her natural ability

It is unfair to other athletes as well. Imagine u v worked very hard to achieve something only for somebody to use long leg to rig u out, it discourage hard work. The so called girl is a man, he just chose female competition because it gives her undue advantage. To make the matter worse, s/he had a wife and s/he flaunt her around as his/her wife while other athletes are busy with their husband, pregnancy and breaat feeding.

1 Like

Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by jaxxy(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2019
Casper doesn’t want to compete fairly. U can’t have testosterone level of a man, look like a man and run with feminine women. She shud run with women of her kind.

1 Like

Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by dnawah(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2019
ogbiwa:
Two-time Olympic 800m gold medallist Caster Semenya has joined a South African women's football team.

The 28-year-old is unable to compete without taking testosterone-reducing drugs following a rule change by the IAAF, athletics' governing body.

It means she cannot defend her 800m World Championship title in Doha this month - though she is fighting the rule change through the courts.

She is now training with Gauteng-based women's football club JVW.

The three-time world champion, who announced in July that she would not be defending her 800m world title, cannot start playing for JVW until the 2020 season, having joined outside the South African transfer window.

"I am looking forward to this new journey, I appreciate the love and support I already get from the team," Semenya told the club website.

JVW FC, was formed in 2013 by current South Africa Women's captain, Janine van Wyk, aiming to "identify, develop, improve and expose" female footballers.

The club is one of the top sides in the league for Gauteng province - the main women's football league in South Africa is split into nine provincial competitions.

Club founder Van Wyk told the BBC that Semenya has "not given up running at all".

She said: "She's on a break at the moment which is why she has time on her hands to do something different.

"She's had two training sessions with the team and you could see her football is there, but we still need obviously to work on her a little bit because it's very different to track and field.

"She's made it really clear to me that she's not giving up running at all.

"It's amazing for the football club. The recognition women's football in South Africa will get is massive.
"To have her play in the league over here is incredible and I think young girls and her team-mates will draw a lot of inspiration from Caster."

Semenya is not the first athlete to switch to football - after retiring in 2017, Usain Bolt trained with Norwegian club Stromsgodset and Australian side Central Coast Mariners, but did not secure a contract.

Semenya is also following in the footsteps of her former coach Maria Mutola, who also turned to football after athletics.

The IAAF introduced its rule change because it argues female athletes with differences of sexual development (DSD) - such as Semenya - have "a competitive advantage".

Athletes must either take testosterone-reducing medication in order to compete in track events from 400m to the mile or change to another distance.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/49605649

Semenya sound live Ewe name (Togolese)
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by SayginSA: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2019
Neddstark:
South Africa, home of xenophobia and athletic scam. This woman is too masculine to run with women. As in, one on one me and her, I no sure say I go beat am. But i go use my last strength sha.

atleast she doesn't eat dogs,snails,snake,lizards and her country doesn't have 20 million people depending on UN for food. Also she can sleep peacefully without worrying that neighbouring tribe,can come at night with matchet and slaughter her. Also her tribal and religious background doesn't affect,how much she can achieve in her home country (you won't see 'hausa gold medalist' or 'igbo gold medalist',when her name is mentions. She is just a south african and it ends there)
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by Neddstark: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2019
SayginSA:

atleast she doesn't eat dogs,snails,snake,lizards and her country doesn't have 20 million people depending on UN for food. Also she can sleep peacefully without worrying that neighbouring tribe,can come at night with matchet and slaughter her. Also her tribal and religious background doesn't affect,how much she can achieve in her home country (you won't see 'hausa gold medalist' or 'igbo gold medalist',when her name is mentions. She is just a south african and it ends there)

Victim of apartheid. Shut up
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by KenModi(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2019
Tina26:
There should be a special category for these kinds of people in sports. He is not a full woman

You do know its due to no fault of hers that she has a high testosterone, as she was born that way.

If people like her should be given a special category in sports then I think we should also get special categories for the Usain Bolts and Michael Phelps of male sports as well; even Ronaldo and Messi should have their own special categories in football or told to take abilities reducing drugs.

If you have a competitive advantage due to a difference in your genetic make up, you should be given a special category irrespective of your sport or gender.

Thats should be fair enough, right?
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by KenModi(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2019
Pearlyakin:

We no dey go, we die here together grin cheesy

Better stay Nigeria gather money go better country like Germany, than to go Cyprus wey be prison.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by ikorodureporta: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
Dis guy just dey Scam them. Person wey marry woman, even him voice no b woman voice

1 Like

Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by DateMynd44(m): 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
xcelentattitude:
These two are females too - Liao mengxue and tong zhenhuan

Welcome to the world of possibilities grin
lie lie
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by paddyofboss(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2019
So this one has boyfriend like this?
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by cybriz82(m): 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2019
Nukilia:

U cnt never understand what he saw..u saw ur own him too saw iz own everybody saw their own..so live d saw like that Biko..
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by tianshie(m): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
dominique:
Bloody cheat. His her abnormally high testosterone levels gave her an advantage over other ladies in the race, that's why she win races with a very wide gap. Now to reduce the testosterone to the level of an average woman, he she's crying victimization. All the years she had unfair advantage over her opponents, who cried? The IAAF made the right call in banning her when she refused to correct her anormally. I hope she remains banned for life.

You're a tit-sucking ignoramus. Michael Phelp's body produces half the lactic acid a normal human being's body makes, why wasn't he told to take muscle-tiring medication to eliminate his advantage?

Every exceptional athlete was born with an advantage.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
Neddstark:
South Africa, home of xenophobia and athletic scam. This woman is too masculine to run with women. As in, one on one me and her, I no sure say I go beat am. But i go use my last strength sha.

Guy go and watch her documentary, u will see the reason why she was banned,even after dey did series if dope tests on her.They are not even talking about her outward appearance,but her speed.she's been battling court issues for years now,and each time they take d issue to trial,once they watch her videos the whole tin will go back to square one rejection..... I for say na village people but,village people don't exist in my vocab.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Esseite:

If she truly believes in her self, why is she not changing distance?..

Why would u want to destroy what God has embedded in u just because u want to please people?, Have u checked d adverse effects of such medications?

She said something that really got me,and she said it in tears.

#I am what God created me to become,I didn't creat myself, why crant they see that and understand? Athletics is like the air I breath#
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

Why would u want to destroy what God has embedded in u just because u want to please people?, Have u checked d adverse effects of such medications?

She said something that really got me,and she said it in tears.

#I am what God created me to become,I didn't creat myself, why crant they see that and understand? Athletics is like the air I breath#

That is why I said, challenge yourself going a longer distance since you outpace 400m while setting a very high record..

I honestly think she just wants to be in a comfort zone where she can easily win being medically ahead of others in that zone.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by Toofan007: 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Esseite:

That is why I said, challenge yourself going a longer distance since you outpace 400m while setting a very high record..

I honestly think she just wants to be in a comfort zone where she can easily win being medically ahead of others in that zone.
left to me he/she would running against men.

1 Like

Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by Okoroawusa: 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2019
Obudupikin:
The IAAF, in my opinion, was unfair to her.
please explain
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by SayginSA: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
Neddstark:

Victim of apartheid. Shut up
LOL!atleast I am not a victim of tribal and civil wars.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by tomju(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2019
Amazingman:

You are a weird guy, there something weird about you. I don't want to say it but you know
Really? How weird? grin grin grin grin grin na you know o. Me I was just passing.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by Shhhh01(f): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
Amazingman:
My brother you did well switching careers. Never late.
u r not nice sir.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by antibullshit: 9:32pm On May 30, 2020
Nukilia:

How is that a woman ?He /she has an unfair advantage over women .
Anyone who says Caster Semanya is a all woman should ask themselves why shes married to a woman and
is the more masculine of the two.
Re: Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:58pm On May 30, 2020
This is the best news av received Tdy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ultra Modern 17,000 Seater Eket Stadium Opens May 2019 / Canelo Alvarez Threatens Messi For ‘Disrespecting' Mexico In World Cup / In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.