Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students (11663 Views)

ABU Zaria Female Students Missing!!! / TWO Lesbians Incharge Of Female Students In Madonna University Elele Campus / Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by tredkiller: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
Hugging is immoral to these almajiris but its ok for them to marry a 13 year old school girl. What a shame.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by iJAY1: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
Trust me mallam VC, all you need is sleep. Good sleep will reawaken your senses!
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by kabukabu50(m): 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
Havent these abokis ruined this country enough?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Princek12(m): 12:16am On Oct 29, 2010
All these Northern malos and their sharia nonsense. I am sick of it. Nigeria really needs to split. How can one part of the country be governed by a completely and radically different law than another part of the country? What happened to the so call unity? Useless cattle rearer malos. Let them live and die by their own sharia laws.

How will you say someone should not hug another person! Ehn!
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by proflynks1(m): 12:38am On Oct 29, 2010
grin Hmmm,
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by becomrich13: 12:50am On Oct 29, 2010
which vc be this. this na radical vc.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by mamagee3(f): 1:04am On Oct 29, 2010
no dullin:

No mind dem!!!!!!! hypocrites angry angry
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by donclemo(m): 2:06am On Oct 29, 2010
Guys make una no vex na only hugging them ban oh no worry una fit do d real thing without hugging after all dem no ban touching and pressing
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Dproducer(m): 2:13am On Oct 29, 2010
There Nothing new Under "Nigeria", sad sad undecided undecided

What a sadist, he's taking his anger out on the poor brodas that got more game than him.

I bet he has a 1 inch dick,
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2010
But when it comes to marrying 12 year old girls they see nothing wrong with it. If hell really exists, God must be building new units because the one She currently has cannot fit all the Christians and Muslims who will make up the majority of its inhabitant.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Skmoda360(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2010
silly VC with his fo*lish brain, who cannot think b4 bringin' up a unethical ideal that could even promote it to it fullest.'rubbish'
he can't stop it from 'xistin.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Olumogun: 8:13am On Oct 29, 2010
The VC is just another vagabond in POWER.

He does not have enough work to do and that is why he could go around the campus looking for the "HUGGERS" pardon my english.

When next anyone see him looking at the backside of any female student, he should be striped unclothed. Dumb backside. cool cool cool
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by lilkech(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2010
Ok. Males cant hug females abi? Then let d females hug d males,  Problem?
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2010
Skmoda-360:

silly VC with his fo*lish brain, who cannot think b4 bringin' up a[b] unethical ideal[/b] that could even promote it to it fullest.'rubbish'
he can't stop it from 'xistin.
stop abusing Intellect.What aspect of ETHICS will support hugging ? Immorality has no place in ethics !
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Guyman02: 8:57am On Oct 29, 2010
omo_to_dun:
But when it comes to marrying 12 year old girls they see nothing wrong with it.

That VC don 'Kolo' as his name implies
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by redsun(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2010
Primitive academicians incharge of citadel of learning is d reason why nigeria is going on reverse. D so called academicians are not enlightened enough to see themselves through life,talkless of teaching others
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by demoore1(m): 9:59am On Oct 29, 2010
As far as am concerned, that school is not a citadel of learning, rather a place where religious fanatics are bread. Please all our christian brothers in that school should leave now or without a hand latter. sad
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Boboedom: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2010
In my opinion, the VC is right even though hugging may not be the basic problems in the university but it is part of the moral upbringing. Undergraduates should be hugging their books and think less of things that will distract them like the opposite sex. Carry go VC KOLO.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by chivaley(f): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2010
The VC and all who support this stupid move of his deserve to be thrown back into the dark ages(and frankly I am not sure you'll be accepted there). And as for those of you who claim hugging is immoral, well, what can I say? Get an education!

Really oga VC you've got too much time on your hands. Hugging is acceptable social behaviour. It shows compassion, it shows kindness. It makes us human!
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 29, 2010
chivaley:

The VC and all who support this silly move of his deserve to be thrown back into the dark ages(and frankly I am not sure you'll be accepted there). And as for those of you who claim hugging is immoral, well, what can I say? Get an education!

Really oga VC you've got too much time on your hands. Hugging is acceptable social behaviour. It shows compassion, it shows kindness. It makes us human!
Some NLERs can be so funny always trying to westernized Africa culture by trying to claim to be educated ! Lwkmd
According to Edward Taylor,Culture is that complex whole which include knowledge,belief,art,moral,law,custom and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a remembrance of his society.nigeria society has always been a cultural-based society but western pollution of our culture doesnt mean we should forget the basis or foundation on which our society was founded.A black man will always be a black man no matter how much he's influenced by the west.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by lookwonder: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2010
From a legal standpoint, Nigeria is a secular state. So a situation where certain institutions introduce a particular code of behavior based on a certain religious practice is not only wrong but illegal. We have already been forced to join the IOC which is an association of Islamic states when we are not an Islamic state. For those who may not know, being a Muslim is unofficially a requirement to get admission into universities in the core north. Secularism is allowing each person to live his life according to the practice he/she believes in as long as it does not interfere with the dynamics of society. Whether the person is an atheist, freethinker, buddhist , hinduist e.t.c  is irrelevant to this discourse.

We may banter with each other over what is clearly a serious matter but may we not wake up one day and find out that when we slept, Nigeria has been turned into an Islamic state. We need to be watchful.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2010
lookwonder:

From a legal standpoint, Nigeria is a secular state. So a situation where certain institutions introduce a particular code of behavior based on a certain religious practice is not only wrong but illegal. We have already been forced to join the IOC which is an association of Islamic states when we are not an Islamic state. For those who may not know, being a Muslim is unofficially a requirement to get admission into universities in the core north. Secularism is allowing each person to live his life according to the practice he/she believes in as long as it does not interfere with the dynamics of society. Whether the person is an atheist, freethinker, buddhist , hinduist e.t.c  is irrelevant to this discourse.

We may banter with each other over what is clearly a serious matter but may we not wake up one day and find out that when we slept, Nigeria has been turned into an Islamic state. We need to be watchful.

Will you also have the same view if we are talking about tolerance for homosexuality in Nigeria ? This issue is a sociological one not legal !
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by kildran: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Bluetooth

What exactly is your argument? Are you in support of the ban? If yes, why What are the adverse effects of hugging? Is it sex it in the public? Is there an aggreived party? Did women complain about it? How many courses are accredited by the NUC in this university? Why is the VC expending so much energy on a ban that is futile and self defeatist?
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
kildran:

@Bluetooth

What exactly is your argument? Are you in support of the ban? If yes, why What are the adverse effects of hugging? Is it sex it in the public? Is there an aggreived party? Did women complain about it? How many courses are accredited by the NUC in this university? Why is the VC expending so much energy on a ban that is futile and self defeatist?
Im just airing my candid opinion on an ideal cultural Nigeria setting.I'm of the opinion that western civilization that we imitates should be the good ones that won't go against our cultural values.
we don't need to import oyinbo civilization that will only ridicule us !
Nigeria is a conservative society.That,we must not compromise .
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by bawomolo(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
lol hugging must be a bad part of western culture. u are not serious
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by sylve11: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
cool
~Bluetooth:

stop abusing Intellect.What aspect of ETHICS will support hugging ? Immorality has no place in ethics !

u make sense! cool i knw exactly where u r coming frm.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by mystikal(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
While they are at this, Looking at the opposite s.ex should be banned too.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by tpia5: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
maybe a reaction to the common sexual harassment stories abounding everywhere.

some people abuse their freedom too much.

you dont appreciate such things until you lose them.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by redsun(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
Absolute madness. D vc probably ve four wives. He is a boko haram,u guys should watch him closely.
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by MaiSuya(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2010

See ya wide mouth! [i]Hugging [/i]makes you human why don't you try extending [i]compassion [/i]to every lady you come across and found out what the reaction will be. . .

Boboedom:

In my opinion, the VC is right even though hugging may not be the basic problems in the university but it is part of the moral upbringing. Undergraduates should be hugging their books and think less of things that will distract them like the opposite gender. Carry go VC KOLO.

I like this
Re: Sharia: VC Bans Hugging Of Female Students by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
bawomolo:

lol hugging must be a bad part of western culture. u are not serious
In as much as it falls under immorality,it's alien to our culture !
sylve11:

cool

u make sense! cool i knw exactly where u r coming frm.

Axiology !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kperogi: Adamu Adamu's Admission Of Failure Will Be More Genuine If He Resigns / ABU Zaria Wins Third Prize In Huawei ICT Global Competition Final (Photo) / Nigerians Spent $340m On Foreign School Applications In 6 Months — CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.