Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say (55928 Views)

ABU Zaria Female Students Missing!!! / How Nigerian Universities Encourage Sexual Harassment Of Female Students / 7 Female Students Fell Into A Well At Ambrose Ali Uni, Ekpoma. 2 Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by lalasticlala(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Anybody that is a graduate or an undergraduate of any Nigerian tertiary institution would readily tell you about cohabitation among students of higher institutions. It's kinda common to see a guy and a babe live together in an apartment either rented by the guy or rented by the babe; they live together like husband and wife, the girl cooks for him, that is if the girl can cook o. They do everything married couples do.
Many of those that cohabit in schools, their parents are never aware of this. If for any reason either of his/her parents or sibling is to visit, they will take care of things perfectly so that the visiting parent/sibling wouldn't know what is happening.

Most often, such relationships end after one of the lovers graduates. Then the one that still has few years to graduate would invite another to cohabit with him/her. So such relationships most often end in school.

But on rare occasions, those that cohabited in school may still get married. But the chance of this happening is very slim due to a lot of factors.
When I was in school, there was this guy in Optometry department, he had a very beautiful damsel as his live-in-lover. They did everything together and lived like husband and wife. The guy was few years ahead of her, so he graduated before her and his dad sent him abroad for further studies or something and within 2 years, his dad told him to marry because he was the first son, and the guy came back and married that same beautiful girl that he was living with while in school. I think this was possible because the guy's Dad has much money.

So share your cohabitation experiences in higher institutions. For those that didn't cohabit while in school, also share what you knew about it and your thought on this.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Freedom is overrated in this country. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by hugelyendowed: 10:23am On Aug 21, 2014
am sure that many would come here to play saint.

Anyway, as for me, I lived together with my girlfriend back in school. From 2nd year to final year. I was just a year ahead of her. I would have married her if I had gotten job immediately after graduation but u know women , time doesn't wait for them so she just got married last December.

115 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by purplesummer(f): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2014
I didn't cohabit but I used to watch with interest and disappointment how my fellow girls gave themselves in "marriage" free of charge. They cook, clean, wash clothes, give s*x, and even contribute financially to the relationship. Some even stab lectures when they have to cook or wash boyfriend's clothes. I pitied such girls.

95 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Tobetoe(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2014
lalasticlala: they live together like husband and wife, the girl cooks for him, that is if the girl can cook o. THEY DO EVERYTHING MARRIED COUPLES DO.
i,m just wondering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2014
people's future wives fucking another guy and suckin.g his dick for years if i ever get married let me drop dead

92 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by lalasticlala(m): 11:13am On Aug 21, 2014
tensazangetsu: people's future wives fucking another guy and suckin.g his dick for years if i ever get married let me drop dead

hey!!! why r u harsh and mean to urself na? That many babes do it, doesn't mean all of them do it ooo. That a girl broke ur heart, isn't a guarantee that another would do same. So cheer up guy and look for that special babe for u to settle down with.

62 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 21, 2014
lalasticlala:

hey!!! why r u harsh and mean to urself na? That many babes do it, doesn't mean all of them do it ooo. That a girl broke ur heart, isn't a guarantee that another would do same. So cheer up guy and look for that special babe for u to settle down with.
Honestly dude marriage no make meaning o all the married people around me none of them are happy even my parents kraa my dad was always cheating on my mom she just stayed because of us i have made that decision since i was a child but i wanna have kids though but marriage never.

57 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Smartsyn(m): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2014
I tried that during my NYSC days, and believe me, the stress was not worth it. She nearly suffocate me... Even to look another woman yansh na wahala.

Little wonder an igbo adage says "oyi n'aka mma na mbiarute"

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Oyetboy(m): 11:52am On Aug 21, 2014
following

2 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
this thread will soon make front page.
@Op, how do u do these tnz

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Couples life is not meant for everybody.

7 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by sarmiie(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
couples life?? Wen dem grls r so many, i'd decide to stick wif only 1 my whole university yrs?? Never!!!

7 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by b3llo(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Those that do it knows what they are into but frankly speaking I can't and am in my 3rd year. I still have 2 years to go.

3 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Karlebolu(m): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
b3llo: Those that do it knows what they are into but frankly speaking I can't and am in my 3rd year. I still have 2 years to go.

A lot of people said that.

15 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nosyke(m): 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
purplesummer: I didn't cohabit but I used to watch with interest and disappointment how my fellow girls gave themselves in "marriage" free of charge. They cook, clean, wash clothes, give s*x, and even contribute financially to the relationship. Some even stab lectures when they have to cook or wash boyfriend's clothes. I pitied such girls.

shocked shocked shocked You don't say. abeg nack me tory cool

8 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by DEGREE2466(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
practice makes perfect. live your life the way it pleases you. if cohabiting is what will give you joy then fire on angry angry angry

32 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
purplesummer: I didn't cohabit but I used to watch with interest and disappointment how my fellow girls gave themselves in "marriage" free of charge. They cook, clean, wash clothes, give s*x, and even contribute financially to the relationship. Some even stab lectures when they have to cook or wash boyfriend's clothes. I pitied such girls.
That's just insane. How can a girl do such things for a guy that hasn't even put a ring on it? Or did those girls just go to the university to be regarded as a 'graduate'?
It's truly sad

8 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
tensazangetsu: Honestly dude marriage no make meaning o all the married people around me none of them are happy even my parents kraa my dad was always cheating on my mom she just stayed because of us i have made that decision since i was a child but i wanna have kids though but marriage never.
Are you serious? Why are talking like this? So you want your kids to go through what you went through? It does not make sense abeg.

20 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
I honestly wouldn't know what to say sad

2 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by dammyjay93(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
DEGREE2466: practice makes perfect. live your life the way it pleases you. if cohabiting is what will give you joy then fire on angry angry angry
taaah grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by dammyjay93(m): 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
shocked shocked
Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by fr3do(m): 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
purplesummer: I didn't cohabit but I used to watch with interest and disappointment how my fellow girls gave themselves in "marriage" free of charge. They cook, clean, wash clothes, give sex, and even contribute financially to the relationship. Some even stab lectures when they have to cook or wash boyfriend's clothes. I pitied such girls.

Its this kind of yarn that pisses me off!
So sex is not enjoyed by the female?

181 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by balaclava: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
I agree wit u bt wt do u mean by give sex? They had sex na. Why saying it as if d gal was doing d boy any good, they were both enjoying it na.

71 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by balaclava: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
#Fact
Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
brb
Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Lumyboi(m): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nah. Neva tot of it for once wen I was in sch, wld v bn bondage m sure. Bt life is abt live ur life d way it makes u hapi.
Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by zicoraads: 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
fr3do:

Its this kind of yarn that pisses me off!
So sex is not enjoyed by the female?
As in ehn, we have suffered. How about the lady that would come to your house in the evening with a very revealing gown and would stay in your house till 11 p.m, 'na to preach she come for?' Crap!

**clears throat**...I met this damsel in my 200 level back in my days in UniAbuja. A Deltan. She was in also in 2L. We started dating a week after we met and she was the 'husband and wife' type. I was living together with a friend while she was staying alone. And so she always wanted me over rather than the other way round. But I would always insist on going back home even when it was 11 at night. This always resulted in quarrels. She always tot I was going to another girl.

But the truth is I never was. I hate co-habitation with a passion. Have never seen anything good about it. I already hate clingy relationships not to talk more of co-habiting.

When am married I would have the mindset that am married, not now.

P.S. That rship was the best I have ever had!

36 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Its not proper atal, why live with a guy that has not paid your bride price, for me i cannot o, i can spend few days and go back to my own room.

12 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by maxism2: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
My compound mate lived with a girl as live in lovers in schl ooo
if d girls brother was to visit, d girl will beg us to accommodate the guy since it was d girl that paid for d apartment. She will remove everything that shows d presence of a guy in that room.
it was when d girls brother visited that we got to knw that she's d daughter of a well respected Cele pastor.

D day she fainted in our lodge!!!! we got to know d guy had impregnated her and she evacuated d foetus or whatever. the guy graduated b4 d gal.
d girl didn't live with any other guy till final year but she was only allowing a particular Guy visit her on WK ends from another uni.

For me, I had 3 babes but none lived with me but maybe one may come on WK ends to cook

9 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Dannyxy(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
cohabitation is a sin..

btw, I wonder why a lady will be giving a guy that she is not married to, everything that is supposed to be reserved for her husband, you cook for him, you have sexx with him, you wash his clothes, ahn ahn, which one you wan reserve for your husband now? nawa oh

That's why I say I must marry a virgin, call me judgemental, but that's my standard, if as a guy I can do without sexx, then what does a lady have as an excuse?(if she was ra.ped then it's understandable)..

88 Likes

Re: Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
tensazangetsu: Honestly dude marriage no make meaning o all the married people around me none of them are happy even my parents kraa my dad was always cheating on my mom she just stayed because of us i have made that decision since i was a child but i wanna have kids though but marriage never.
wow, thats deep. never say never my dear, there are good girls out there, though few, but be good and prayerful, the best will come to you. have you thought about the life the children you intend to bring into this world will live without both parents? Pls rethink your decision.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Bride Writes Exam On Wedding Day In Her Wedding Dress. / My Little Bro Signed Out In Style With His Landlord And Landlady / My School Receipt In 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.