Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business (31625 Views)

Why Is The Price Of Beer Cheaper In The North Compared To South (video) / Guest Seen Draining Beer Completely From Its Bottle, Today, / WE ARE THE DISTRIBUTORS OF HERO BEER IN NIGERIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by drpompay(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
LIES, LIES, LIES

SabMiller was only once a South African company but currently a London based company.
Even at that it has been acquired by a Belgian company

Please stop this fake news
This OP must be sanctioned for demarketing another product

Haba!!!
Don't you have conscience??

1 Like

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by omoiyalayi(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tina26:
These white owned south african business have no business with xenophobic black fools in south africa. Its like blaming dangote cement for herdmen attacks

You sum it up wisely

Funny enough only few of us could think this way

1 Like

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Dpharisee: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
slam7000:
Mismanagement has ruined most alcohol and beverage businesses in the South East.

What happened to Golden Guinea brewery Umuahia, Diamond breweries Ngwo, Udi, Enugu state makers of monarch beer, Pal breweries Oko, Orumba north in Anambra state, 33 beers, Reno soft drink owned by Joe Nwankwu?

Golden Guinea is back, 33 larger has rebranded. Try to be current with the news sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Godons1: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tinyemeka:

Google is your friend.

All I know is, South Africans scammed the East with the logo of Biafra on that Beer.. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by remisworld(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
dalygoodfellow:
POINT OF CORRECTION
Sabmiller and its subsidiaries have since 2016 been bought off by Almighty ABinBev
ABinBev is the largest brewer in the world
thanks for ABinBev Sabmiller nearly crumbled Intafact brewery onitsha

Check Wikipedia o
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Brightdude007: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
Mere looking at the just emptied bottle.....you can actually tell i dont give a f**k

5 Likes

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
Op who paid you? This is not suppose to be on NL not to say front page.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tina26:
any affiliation of dstv or mtn to the attackers in South africa
Yes
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Darlor55: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
If we continue like this against SA company or whatever in Nigeria so many people will loose their job and become unemployment.....pls we have to think about it well.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by remisworld(m): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Nigeria and hypocrisy

Chisco lost 18 mass transit buses in Lagos, Nigeria. Just because his office had the Goodluck Jonathan campaign poster.

People, Nigerians justified it. Chisco is a Nigerian doing business in Nigeria. A Zulu can never do that to a Xhosa. They address themselves as brothers and sisters. You hear echoes of "My brother, my sister".

Same people are now hating on South Africans for burning a Nigerian owned car company. You think they do not know all these? They are laughing at your confusion.

When the rant is over and it will soon be, you wake up and fix your country.

Is it not amazing that you do not find South Africans in Nigeria but Nigerian community in University of Pretoria alone can be one country. I don't want to mention other universities. Most of them are even on STATE sponsored scholarships running their phd's. What I mean is that, the South African government are taking care of their education.

Nigerian lecturers are teaching in South African universities, earning what their counterparts in Nigeria are not earning without any need to impose handouts on anyone.

You are listing Mtn, Dstv and watever, watever. Burn them down and chase Nigerians away from the few employment your government cannot create.

The sad thing is while their government are paying all of them unemployment benefits, paying all their children and providing free health care for them, if you find yourself out of employment, Nigerian government does not help you in anyway. So be careful how you advocate for burning down businesses in Nigeria.

The only place you will find South Africans in Nigeria is at Tb Joshua's synagogue but those are mostly on temporary movement.

Mandela was sick and didn't have to step out of the country for one day because there is no need for that. Can your president trust the clinic in Aso rock to treat his ear problem?

You keep writing that their country was built by whites, were you not governed by whites, why didn't they build yours? Is South Africa the only African country that was colonised?

As for those of you asking Nigerians to come back, you amuse me.

Come back to what? You should channel that energy into telling Nigerians in the North to go back to their regions.

Cure the hate in your country first so that people will take you serious.

You cannot tell them you are different then turn around and scream when you get the treatment being dished out to those who hate themselves.

Some are saying cancel diplomatic ties. What does that even mean? They will drive all your students away from their universities. It is obvious Nigeria as a country does not know her mates in the world. Even Nigerian students and lecturers here will join them and riot against Nigeria.

As for those of you going to destroy Shoprite, if anyone shoots you, remember your parents will shoulder that responsibility because Nigeria has no free health care. Anyone injured in south Africa gets treated in their government hospitals. Keep that in mind while you are doing your "revenge".

Hmm
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by remisworld(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Truest:

You dey mind d useless Nigerians on dis forum? Because they have food on their table so they talk any how. 90% of Nigerians out there are suffering to eat 1 good meal a day & here selfish & greedy fools are shouting close mtn, shoprite & d rest. Useless Nigerian youths who still feeds from d proceeds of their parents, internet scam & "get quick rich" scheme always boasts & talk any how. No tangible invention or products can be traced to their so called success.

Charity begins at home let d sleeping Niger Delta youth take back their oil by "xenophiabializing" all d northerners (key owners & control of power at d center) & turn their region into a first class city envied by Singapore & not d shameful filths of a region

South Africa is way ahead of Nigeria in all areas. Black South Africans thought grabbing political power will make them better but the d economy is still controlled by d whites who literarily built dat country to d European standard.

Leave us make we fight with ourselves.. U no dey fight your brother and sister for house.. If outsider beat any other them.. Shey u go stand aside the laugh ur brother or sister?
Whether he sweep house or not, whether she cook food or not.. No outsider has the right to touch them except u.. I lie?
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Coldfeets: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2019
This OP is crazy.

So you want our people to go and zenofobia HERO a.k.a Oompa too?

Nwaanne, nkea a ma work kwa o!

1 Like

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Tinyemeka(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
Godons1:

All I know is, South Africans scammed the East with the logo of Biafra on that Beer.. grin grin grin grin

Keep kidding yourself, kid.

1 Like

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by LZAA: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2019
Dpharisee:

Golden Guinea is back, 33 larger has rebranded. Try to be current with the news sad
Bro ignore this hate posts
Those ppl dont know anything outside their enclave

1 Like

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Coldfeets: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Nigeria and hypocrisy

Chisco lost 18 mass transit buses in Lagos, Nigeria. Just because his office had the Goodluck Jonathan campaign poster.

People, Nigerians justified it. Chisco is a Nigerian doing business in Nigeria. A Zulu can never do that to a Xhosa. They address themselves as brothers and sisters. You hear echoes of "My brother, my sister".

Same people are now hating on South Africans for burning a Nigerian owned car company. You think they do not know all these? They are laughing at your confusion.

When the rant is over and it will soon be, you wake up and fix your country.

Is it not amazing that you do not find South Africans in Nigeria but Nigerian community in University of Pretoria alone can be one country. I don't want to mention other universities. Most of them are even on STATE sponsored scholarships running their phd's. What I mean is that, the South African government are taking care of their education.

Nigerian lecturers are teaching in South African universities, earning what their counterparts in Nigeria are not earning without any need to impose handouts on anyone.

You are listing Mtn, Dstv and watever, watever. Burn them down and chase Nigerians away from the few employment your government cannot create.

The sad thing is while their government are paying all of them unemployment benefits, paying all their children and providing free health care for them, if you find yourself out of employment, Nigerian government does not help you in anyway. So be careful how you advocate for burning down businesses in Nigeria.

The only place you will find South Africans in Nigeria is at Tb Joshua's synagogue but those are mostly on temporary movement.

Mandela was sick and didn't have to step out of the country for one day because there is no need for that. Can your president trust the clinic in Aso rock to treat his ear problem?

You keep writing that their country was built by whites, were you not governed by whites, why didn't they build yours? Is South Africa the only African country that was colonised?

As for those of you asking Nigerians to come back, you amuse me.

Come back to what? You should channel that energy into telling Nigerians in the North to go back to their regions.

Cure the hate in your country first so that people will take you serious.

You cannot tell them you are different then turn around and scream when you get the treatment being dished out to those who hate themselves.

Some are saying cancel diplomatic ties. What does that even mean? They will drive all your students away from their universities. It is obvious Nigeria as a country does not know her mates in the world. Even Nigerian students and lecturers here will join them and riot against Nigeria.

As for those of you going to destroy Shoprite, if anyone shoots you, remember your parents will shoulder that responsibility because Nigeria has no free health care. Anyone injured in south Africa gets treated in their government hospitals. Keep that in mind while you are doing your "revenge".

Oga wehdone sah.

You are the first intelligent bricklayer I've ever come across in my existence on this planet Earth.

I'm impressed.

Keep it up.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Zeezenho: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
Afonja and evil propaganda Na like 5&6.we don decode una little taqiya .

4 Likes

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by ogmask: 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
UdechiHD:
How about Trophy, Eagle beer and Budweiser?

The local breweries affiliated to Sabmiller whether International Breweries Ede, Pabod Breweries Port-Harcourt or Interfact Brewery Onitsha etc are Nigerian owned companies.

They are owned by top Nigerians, built by Nigerian funds and are managed by Nigerians. Sabmiller is just a link to global best brewery practice and nothing more.

Peter Obi owns Hero forget the nonsense you hear. Almost all the Shoprites in every states are owned by so many corrupt past leaders hiding their loots. Shoprite Lekki mall is owned by Tinubu.
Shoprite Ilorin is owned by Saraki.
Shoprite Onitsha is owned by Peter Obi.
Spar P/H is owned by Amaechi
All Shoprite is every state in owned by present and past politicians and their cronies.

Infact any South African franchise in Nigeria is owned and funded by Nigerians.
If the Nigerian government can threaten these companies with nationalization you'll see the creepy owners come out from their shell. The SA tag is a cover to hide our national cake just like Dangote PLC.

Point of correction. Spar ph is owned by the rivers state govt just like ShopRite warri is owned by the Delta state govt. As for hero I agree with you because even NEXT supermarket share same land with pavod/hero plant here in phc
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by novaman: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
I just did an IP Check on the guy that created the thread, he is using an MTN line yet he wants you to stop using South African product, this this weekend he is going to watch the EPL, I wonder if that will be on DSTV. MYOPIC THINKERS.

Instead of saying we should stop, maybe we should takeover the businesses

2 Likes

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by GhostWisperer: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
seunrebirth:
SABMILLER (South African Breweries), Interfact LLC. based in Onitsha, Anambra State. Makers and owner of the Hero Lager beer, Eagle lager beer are fully South Africa Shareholdings.

There' have always been this wrong assumption that Peter Obi owns Hero beer which has attracted large patronage to the beer in the Eastern part of the country and Nigeria in General, but the unassailable truth is that South Africa breweries fully owns Hero 100%.

Peter Obi was just a business influencer, just like MTN has Pascal Dozie as a local face used for Local continent policy. South African Breweries in Nigeria making money to fund their Government at home to kill our own Nigeria brother. What an irony, taking advantage of the Nigerian people's Ignorance

For this alone, I have stop drinking HERO BEER and any other related drinks associated with SA.

Quitting Hero beer forthwith.

I have always known it has linkage to the Zulu country but never knew it was their fully?

But a quick question, why the rising sun in its emblem so identical to the one of Biafra?
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by flow26(m): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
Not true. Just like the Dozie family has shares in MTN. Peter Obi go get shares for hero. Influencer no be for free.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by remisworld(m): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
GhostWisperer:

Quitting Hero beer forthwith.

I have always known it has linkage to the Zulu country but never knew it was their fully?

But a quick question, why the rising sun in its emblem so identical to the one of Biafra?

Na marketing gimmick na.. Tap into suntin divisive to sell..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by naijadrivablog: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
What we deduce from this post is "stop drinking beer before you drink that made by your haters".
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Develpeast: 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
Ab inbev has bought over sabmiller. so sabmiller no longer exists in nigeria.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by bakynes(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
Like many of you already know Hero Beer was birthed by Interfact Breweries owned by Peter Obi in Onitsha before been acquired by SABmiller in 2014 and then SAB miller been acquired by AB-inbev the largest brewer in the world. Hero is not a south African Beer. It our own beer here. This is the handy work of a Nigerian Breweries Staff for people to boycott Hero. I am a staff of International Breweries (AB-inbev) so i know what NB can do. They are a very dirty company who are trying to Monopolize the market and you know what comes with Monopoly.

2 Likes

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by TheSpellChecker: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
Darlor55:
If we continue like this against SA company or whatever in Nigeria so many people will loose their job and become unemployment.....pls we have to think about it well.

Become unemployed! grin
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Greycells(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
There is God oh - this ignorance that you people are sharing with boldness amazes me oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

SAB Miller does not exist. It was acquired some years ago by AB InBev of Belgium which is now the world's largest brewer.

AB Inbev is the majority owner of International Breweries which brews Hero Larger. Other stakeholders include Nigerian shareholders (like me and my uncle cool cool cool cool cool cool ).
With other Nigerians, we own minority stake. There is no truth whatsoever in the claims that Hero is a South African brand. It is a full fledged Nigerian brand brewed by International Breweries, a part of the AB Inbev family.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by gazza07(m): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hero is our own. Mr writer ntooorrr
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Godons1: 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tinyemeka:

Keep kidding yourself, kid.

E pain this man well. grin grin grin grin

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
strangest:
Nigerian Breweries at it again, monopoly is not business, biko... Bia, OP since you work at CAC and knows who owns which percentage, CAN YOU as well share the COPY of Share owners with us? ... Mind you i have up to five friends and family working there, so I should push them into unemployment because of gini? .... @MOD So why bring this unverifiable story that may provoke destruction of Hero's property? Biko

Only a Sadist and Tribalist will place such a topic on frontpage.

Government through the police is arresting Anti Xenophobic protesters who loot shops, yet a so called humanbeing placed this topic on national media Nairaland.

For what reason ?

2 Likes

Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by rebirthto: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
seunrebirth:
SABMILLER (South African Breweries), Interfact LLC. based in Onitsha, Anambra State. Makers and owner of the Hero Lager beer, Eagle lager beer are fully South Africa Shareholdings.

There' have always been this wrong assumption that Peter Obi owns Hero beer which has attracted large patronage to the beer in the Eastern part of the country and Nigeria in General, but the unassailable truth is that South Africa breweries fully owns Hero 100%.

Peter Obi was just a business influencer, just like MTN has Pascal Dozie as a local face used for Local continent policy. South African Breweries in Nigeria making money to fund their Government at home to kill our own Nigeria brother. What an irony, taking advantage of the Nigerian people's Ignorance

For this alone, I have stop drinking HERO BEER and any other related drinks associated with SA.
I think these network providers have to start checking people IQ before been issued Simcard/Internet access.
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by Sniper101(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
Me nor first dey drink beer
So nothing concern me for inside....

Neeexxxttt.........................................
Re: HERO Beer: Market Implications With Their Affiliation To South Africa Business by BigIyanga: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
Olodos full everywhere. Before thy opened breweries in Naija, it was called SAB PLC which listed on London Stock Exchange. In 2016 it was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev- American/Belgian conglomerate .
Peter Obi does not own that company. His company had distributorship deal with SAB Miller SA in 1990s.
This company is no longer an SA company. It’s like saying that Forte Oil, which was formerly AP( African Petroleum) which started as BP ( British Petroleum) is owned by Britain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Few Reasons Why Ladies Love Or Should Love Cucumbers / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / 6 Foods Nigerian Don't Joke With (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.