Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Pilot Sued For Risking Passengers’ Lives - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Sued For Risking Passengers’ Lives (256 Views)

Nigerians Sitting On A Moving Train, Risking Their Lives (Video) / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Vehicle Falls Into A Ditch On Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pilot Sued For Risking Passengers’ Lives by davidkingsley59(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
A traumatized flier has sued American Airlines for breaching passengers' trust.

According to the distressed traveler, American Airlines’ pilots—in a weird, unprofessional service—crashed into a sign on the runway at JFK Airport. The pilots knew their plane’s wing was broken but they took off anyway, ignoring loud screams from horrified passengers.

Howard Scott Laser (the claimant) said he boarded an American Airlines flight to Los Angeles on the night of April 10, 2019 but was shocked to see the plane veer off the runway before hitting a distance marker and an electric pole. Impact from the crash damaged their plane’s left wing.
‘Almost every passenger could see the damage on the aircraft’s left wing…Many of us panicked and were screaming loudly while the obviously damaged Aircraft gained altitude.’ Laser said the amateurish pilots eventually returned to JFK after spending about forty minutes in the air.

‘The pilots operated the plane in a careless and reckless manner thereby risking passengers’ lives,’ Laser noted.

Spokesperson for American Airlines, Josh Freed, said: “We are fully cooperating with the National Transportation Safety Board in its investigation,” adding that he is not permitted to speak more on the matter. “For this reason, I don’t have anything else to add right now.”

A week after the traumatic incident, NBC News explained that the collision caused a gash in the plane’s wing. ‘That could have been fatal…It could have caused the plane to crash.’

Laser is suing American Airlines for their pilots’ recklessness and the psychological trauma it caused him. ‘I have developed phobia for flying since the incident…and that interferes with my career which involves frequent movement within and outside the U.S.’

Laser’s complaint was filed at a federal court in Brooklyn.

‘I was scared for my life…Those forty minutes were the closest I’ve ever been to death…Many of the passengers feared for their lives during the entire flight. It was traumatizing.’

(1) (Reply)

Travel Troubles Here's What Can Get You Banned By Airlines, Hotels And Rental Ca / Khan El Khalili Bazaar In Cairo / Motorbike (okada..) Allowed To Operate On Uncompleted BRT Lanes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.