Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers (9760 Views)

Junction Improvement Projects: Makinde Gives Free Shops To 700 Traders In Ibadan / Tinubu To Wike: If I Ask For Free Land, Don’t Give Me….. Deliver Abuja Metroline / I Will Rather Give Fulani Free Land In Igbo Land Than To Allow Biafra To Go - Jo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by Updatesnews24(m): 7:24am On Sep 08, 2019
oneconnerguy:
dem never tell us the real koko
yes
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by afroniger: 7:25am On Sep 08, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
CBN Will build an edifice free of charge in the North but loan to the south!!!

People of Ogun State rejoice and be wary of this greek gift

As this could be the key for Fulani herdsmen ruga to your state!!!

CBN Nigeria is controlled by the Fulani president and he hardly do anything good without an ulterior motive

So while you are rejoicing beware of these greek gift!!!

Why are you like this? You no dey try at all. If this were a PDP governor I can bet anything that you would have been more positive in your comments. You and your ilk need to grow up and appreciate good gestures without political coloration.

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by ImperialYoruba: 7:26am On Sep 08, 2019
Busy002:
Governor Dapo Abiodun has flagged off the Ogun State Anchor Borrowers’ Scheme, signalling the commencement of an agricultural revolution in the state

Speaking at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Abeokuta, the state capital, venue of the launch, Abiodun said that his government plans to turn the state into an agricultural hub, capable of feeding itself and other states in the country.

He said the Anchor Borrowers’ Scheme was another avenue to boost the nation’s self-sufficiency in food production, which is line with the federal government’s agenda on food security to save foreign exchange spent annually on importation of food items that could be produced locally.

The governor also said that the scheme would help in creating employment opportunities for farmers, women and the youths in the state.

Already, about 2000 beneficiaries have been selected and would be given certificates of acceptance and leasehold, according to the governor.

He expressed surprise that despite the success of the scheme in other states, Ogun State did not take full advantage of funds availability in the scheme to help farmers improve their production.

According to the governor, the scheme was a tripartite agreement between the state as facilitator, Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, as financier and the beneficiaries, even as he called on the recipients to be committed and responsible in their repayment plan.

Abiodun assured that beneficiaries of the scheme would be given one hectare of land free.

“We will also provide clearing, seedlings, fertilizers, extension services and we will pay upkeep allowances until the first harvest,” he added.

https://thenationonlineng.net/abiodun-gives-free-land-to-2000-farmers/amp/

What law permits gov to donate land free?

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by kole22k(m): 7:28am On Sep 08, 2019
Great move. Congratulations to the beneficiaries.
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by TheAlchemist: 7:28am On Sep 08, 2019
peacettw:

Exactly.
Free land to 2000 farmers. [b]Half of that number being the governor [/b]himself
Only half to the governor

#governorwithconscience
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by ImperialYoruba: 7:29am On Sep 08, 2019
afroniger:

Why are you like this? You no dey try at all. If this were a PDP governor I can bet anything that you would have been more positive in your comments. You and your ilk need to grow up and appreciate good gestures without political coloration.

He is correct though.

If gov can donate free to farmers, give me reason he will not donate to herders?

What qualifies farmers, but disqualifies herders?
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by nwamabo247(m): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2019
yeah good move is very important.pls nairalanders i need ur help
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by ImperialYoruba: 7:33am On Sep 08, 2019
This governor has flouted the land use decree. No governor is allowed to give land free.

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 08, 2019
good move, but good supervision will be best
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by healthshop247: 7:37am On Sep 08, 2019
This is awesome. Welldone Sir.

Loose weight with Green Coffee Bean extract and Aju-Mbeise leaf. Very effective and safe. Call Mary Jane for your order 08087596124

Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by peacettw: 7:37am On Sep 08, 2019
TheAlchemist:

Only half to the governor

#governorwithconscience

Lol. I was only trying to be modest. Afterall, he is interested in helping his people which is still equivalent to himselfcheesy
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by afroniger: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

He is correct though.

If gov can donate free to farmers, give me reason he will not donate to herders?

What qualifies farmers, but disqualifies herders?

Guy, these are Ogun state farmers, not Fulani herders, hello?? This sort of gesture has been happening long before now. During the days of regional government, the government setup farm settlements where farmers would get free access to land for agricultural purposes, while government would provide all necessary facilities and even subsidized inputs, and nobody saw nothing wrong with that coz it worked splendidly. Fact remains that all land are still vested in the hands of the state government, according to the Land Use Act, and that won't change anytime soon.

Here's what the Land Use Act says:

Under the Land Use Act, the governor is responsible for allocation of land in all urban areas to individuals resident in the state or to organisations for residential, agricultural, commercial and other purposes while similar powers with respect to non-urban areas are conferred on the Local Government.

Let every state government put their indigenes first, and there'll be no problem. The Northerners are donating land to their herders, that shouldn't concern a Yoruba person, same reason why a Yoruba governor's land donation to Yoruba farmers shouldn't concern outsiders.

4 Likes

Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by SEGLIZ: 7:40am On Sep 08, 2019
RockHard:

And which 'koko' is that? The one inside Garri or what? As long as the lands are going to REAL farmers then no reasonable person will fault this development because it will translate into economic and productive gains.

how are we so sure?
gbenga and Amosun did same but go to the farm settlement today it's all locked up.
though I don't blame the governor or governors for this but civil servants who do the selection process.
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by Adeniyii2017: 8:05am On Sep 08, 2019
Invest in your future while you can.
Get all the Materials you need for Data Science, Web Development and Software Development 68.5GB.
See thread by clicking on my moniker to get a brief overview.
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by Bostin(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2019
famozair:
its like this guy is just using online registration to scam the youth, I have not seen anyone that registered online to be parts of these there programs, its like there are ready made people for all his online job he created...
I registered online and was selected and invited for the lunching ceremony though I was one of the Fadama Guys beneficiary he promised would be first to considered for the program .
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by drey076(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Masun
Lol grin
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by Ajibade123(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
what a nice movement from the governor....see why we all need to be an agriculture entrepreneur
https://explicitsuccess.com/agricultural-entrepreneur/
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by grandpoh(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
famozair:
its like this guy is just using online registration to scam the youth, I have not seen anyone that registered online to be parts of these there programs, its like there are ready made people for all his online job he created...
My point exactly,he's just deceiving the gullible ones
Those who've benefitted so far are just party faithfuls no youth involved.... What they do is collect your labour ID and register you manually.....
Re: Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
famozair:

My thoughts exactly. I tried to register on this Agric platform but the site pulled me out for 6 straight days, initially i thought it was because of the site traffic, so i logged on at night and it was still the same thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi To Deploy Automated Drones For Surveillance In Enugu / APC Presidential Primary: Yahaya Bello's Supporters Commend Nigerians / Senate To Receive 2nd Batch Of Ministerial List Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.