Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,823 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Locking Your Gtb Account - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Locking Your Gtb Account (41046 Views)

Can I Retrieve My Union Bank And Gtb Account Number Using USSD? / How Possible Could They Have Wiped Out My Gtb Account Without Pin? / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by llade(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
Nice way to lock one's GTB Account
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Obec70(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
I de take eye look dis info, una no say scammers berekete for this country! De dem send me text messages we talk say my account de active even wen I no get account with them oo!
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Sirseedorf(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
thanks @vize2020
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by TGM2015: 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
DennisEche:
Union bank see your life, I de wait for nna own locking
Union Bank has been one of the first, only that the on and off thing applies to ATM (Debit/Credit) cards only. You can turn off your ATM cards using ONLINE, MOBILE AND USSD, and turn it on at your convenience. It will help to stop fraudulent online transactions using your ATM details.
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Coolmedown: 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
akan102:
Ok, which one is for first bank

I think it should be *894*911#
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by ozornet(m): 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
cooljoe:
if your phone gets missing. They can take your sim out, put in another phone and make transfers. Best block the account to prevent such.

What if I am using the GTb app on another phone. That is the registered sim number is in another phone, can the thieves still get access to my account?
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by ozornet(m): 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
farem:

It means that despite the fact that her phone was passworded, they were still able to get into her account

What is I am using GTb physical Token, can they still access my account without the Token code.
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Topestbilly(m): 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2019
haryothosyn93:
What is the benefits of locking ones account

when you receive the first debit alart from an unauthorize transaction, you can use the code to lock you account before all your money is clear out.
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by officialfestus(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by officialfestus(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
I just tried it and it worked,pls how will I open it?
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by chibike007(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
hotmolo:
let me just comment so I can search my posts from a third party phone and get the info.
op no be only u get sense
May me to comment
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by BabaIbo: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
so I just got this from gtb, but If I ever need it my phone might not be on me, quick way is for me to check my created topics with a third party phone grin

*737*51*74#

You are welcome cheesy

Na so, make I quote you
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by cooljoe(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
ozornet:

What if I am using the GTb app on another phone. That is the registered sim number is in another phone, can the thieves still get access to my account?
the most important thing is the Sim with which u get alerts - so I think. I've heard loads of stories, it's better safe than sorry.
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Alasi20(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
so I just got this from gtb, but If I ever need it my phone might not be on me, quick way is for me to check my created topics with a third party phone grin

*737*51*74#

You are welcome cheesy

Weldon bro
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by oakphil: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
Good initiative
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Teegelop(f): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
tumababa:

If your phone is stolen how do u dial?

That was why that string was created. You can use a third party phone number to restrict your account (the number must be registered with an account with GTB)
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
GTB, i hail o!
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by mormoney85(m): 12:30am On Sep 09, 2019
aksule:
How l wish those who have the knowledge on how to go about this 'lock'enlighten us more
this days they steal ur fone use ur sim to withdraw money from ur account so once u noticed that ur fone is missing take any fone around u type that code followed with ur account numbers send to lock ur account against any on line transactions
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Surestontop(f): 12:40am On Sep 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

*737*51*74#

You are welcome cheesy
please how does it work? if I lock it will I be able to transfer money from my phone? please enlighten me on it
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by kolladey(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

*737*51*74#

You are welcome cheesy
Thanks.
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2019
Teegelop:

That was why that string was created. You can use a third party phone number to restrict your account (the number must be registered with an account with GTB)

If i dial the code from another phone number, how does it link the used number to my account number? Except there’s a next page that will ask for my account number
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by incentive: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2019
Interesting
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Teegelop(f): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
tumababa:

If i dial the code from another phone number, how does it link the used number to my account number? Except there’s a next page that will ask for my account number

After you have dialled the string, you will input your mobile number registered on your account and input your 737pin
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
Teegelop:

After you have dialled the string, you will input your mobile number registered on your account and input your 737pin

Good

1 Like

Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by som4reel(f): 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nice one
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by farem: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Cy4ril1:
After dialling *737*51*74#
What next? and hope you will not be charge N1000 to reopen it?

You can hold on to your 1k and loose over 500k. I am sorry its not really useful for those with #27 to #1329 account balance
Re: Locking Your Gtb Account by dasrackhor(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vicintonsh:

very beneficial my guy
my friends phone was stolen 2 weeks ago and about 375k was stolen from her account.

HER PHONE WAS PASSWORDED.
Sim password is the key not phone password.
Sim card can be remove from the passworded phone and put in another phone but with Sim lock it's impossible for unauthorized transaction.
Learnt d hard way after being a victim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comfort James ‘Abducted’ Over Inability To Pay Back N21,000 Grooming Loan / Oyinbo Man Spotted In Nigeria Pricing Banana In Fluent Pidgin English / Price Changes Of Foodstuffs Between 2015 & Today Shared By Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.