Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,390 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. (48174 Views)

Sunday Dare: We Need N81 Million To Cut Abuja Stadium Grass / Ghana: Why We Locked Up Shops Of Some Nigerian Traders / Shehu Sani Reacts To US Govt’s Visa Ban On Some Nigerian Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Viking007(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
Felt like I was reading a magazine. Very detailed.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by CAPSLOCKED: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2019
Codes151:
see mumu! Justifying the usage of a federal vehicle to carry feeds for animal! It’s a patrol car for crying out loud. They should give that force some dignity.

Sub contract the task of feeding to a private or citizen who will do the work of feeding the fucking horses any means possible. Not with a police patrol truck!

Assuming, on his way, there is an emergency ? What does he do!? Means that team won’t turn up because the patrol truck was taken to get feeds for horses !

Illiterates

WORDS OF AN IGNORANT MAN.

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE NSCDC FOR EXAMPLE HAS NSCDC-MEN THAT ARE CARPENTERS, MECHANICS AND EVEN "ENVIRONMENTALS" THAT SWEEP THE SURROUNDING AND PACK DUSTIN. WHY DON'T THEY HIRE OUTSIDERS FOR THE TASKS?

THERE ARE DEPARTMENTS IN THESE SECTORS. THE DEPARTMENT IN CHARGE OF HORSES AND DOGS USES OFFICIAL VEHICLES TO TRANSPORT EVERYTHING THEIR ANIMALS NEED. YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, BUT YOU'RE ALWAYS THE LOUDEST.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Sagay212: 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
many naija horses dey suffer ehn! the only ones enjoying are the ones they use for polo games. Those rich people take good care of them. you see the horses looking fit and clean.

but you see those ones you see in beaches, chai! i wonder how people summon courage to mount them. horses be looking like they;ve been on dry fasting for 40 days.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Obec70(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
De for use there big truck instead of abusing the hilux van! If na me own that company I for sue them for defamatory of character and breach of contract, I no won call de amount make our foreign reserve no go CRASH!
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Shimran(m): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
EVILFOREST:
The ARRANGEMENT OF THE NIGERIAN GRASSES shows how scattered we are as a NATION..
Kai EVILFOREST. we're really scattered.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
If you want to know what a society is like, study their hay.

Look at zoo hay in comparison with american hay. What can you learn from this?

Zoo hay is a reflection of the disorganised, chaotics, disregard for law society. Scattered and with no direction or any hint of harmony.

Somebody get me to Chicago so i can feed my eyes on hay in harmony with hay. My eyes hurt from seeing zoo hay.

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by supercase1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Because herdmen are in power
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Litmus: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
VaselineCrew:
But white people can be organized sha

See how the hay is bunched or rolled up neatly.

I’m sure if most people here saw trucks conveying hay neatly by NG police, they won’t evem complain.

Is there something in the DNA of white people that makes them more organized even in little things?

Is there something in the DNA or blacks that gives us a very nonchalant attitude to almost everything?

Na lie, Nigerians go complain. Nigerians have gotten into the rot of seeing only bad in themselves and good in others. If Nigerian police and Nigerians horse keepers kept horses and treated them the way depicted in the pictures of whites and the whites kept their horses as the pictures depicted Nigerians, the following is what we would read:

Nigerians would moan thusly: look how elite are wasting money wrapping up grass like say na gold. I don tire for this country. How much money them spend for dat thing sef? Common man no see food, na horse animal them go dey treat like say na person. Oh gods, this country, shit hole. Just look at the pictures of the whites. This is how a proper country behaves with priority! Them know say na animal so them feed them ordinary grass. Them no go spend money dey import special grass anyhow when there are hospitals to spend money on. This is what responsible Nartions do unlike Nigeria wey be say police horse eat pass person pikin. Oh god wetin I do to deserve this..and on and on

Thing is, every story has two sides. Like I’m always at pains pointing out, meanings depend on perspective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
Litmus:

Na lie, Nigerians go complain. Nigerians have gotten into the rot of seeing only bad in themselves and good in others. If Nigerian police and Nigerians horse keepers kept horses and treated them the way depicted in the pictures of whites and the whites kept their horses as the pictures depicted Nigerians, the following is what we would read:

Nigerians would moan thusly: look how elite are wasting money wrapping up grass like say na gold. I don tire for this country. How much money them spend for dat thing sef? Common man no see food, na horse animal them go dey treat like say na person. Oh gods, this country, shit hole. Just look at the pictures of the whites. This is how a proper country behaves with priority! Them know say na animal so them feed them ordinary grass. Them no go spend money dey import special grass anyhow when there are hospitals to spend money on. This is what responsible Nartions do unlike Nigeria wey be say police horse eat pass person pikin. Oh god wetin I do to deserve this

grin grin grin
Very funny but true.

Zoo is zoo, however nice and pretty you dress it.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by bizzibodi(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
So cow...sorry horses must eat grasses grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by naptu2: 2:25am On Sep 09, 2019
I forgot to make something clear.

Those buses that were used by the Nigerian Police Force in the 1970s and '80s were painted police blue and the word "Police" was painted on the side of the bus with white paint.

This was the standard bus that was used by police bands. Some of these buses were also used as staff buses.

The bus was very long. I remember that it usually took 3 or 4 tries before it was able to enter my compound (every other type of vehicle could easily enter my compound).

It's not all police vehicles that are used to apprehend criminals. Some police vehicles are used to transport the police band, some belong to the police workshop (mechanics) and some are used by the Mounted Police as logistics vehicles.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10155486_jv108535_jpeg90387a0c15236d84a3a1621c1db631b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10155757_1280pxwm74busseite_jpeg01994e92b287e3308bdd1bc5b6caa60f

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by ImperialYoruba: 2:57am On Sep 09, 2019
The bus was very long. I remember that it usually took 3 or 4 tries before it was able to enter my compound (every other type of vehicle could easily enter my compound).

Naptu, what is police band coming to do in your compound? grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Beat123(f): 5:20am On Sep 09, 2019
It’s not about quoting people and writing in caps lock! Who even thought you how to make sentences? Putting them in red when you actually not making any point!

Point is, don’t use patrol car for a purpose other than what it was intended.. get vans or trucks for feeds or sub contract it!

Also learn to think before you talk.
CAPSLOCKED:

WORDS OF AN IGNORANT MAN.

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE NSCDC FOR EXAMPLE HAS NSCDC-MEN THAT ARE CARPENTERS, MECHANICS AND EVEN "ENVIRONMENTALS" THAT SWEEP THE SURROUNDING AND PACK DUSTIN. WHY DON'T THEY HIRE OUTSIDERS FOR THE TASKS?

THERE ARE DEPARTMENTS IN THESE SECTORS. THE DEPARTMENT IN CHARGE OF HORSES AND DOGS USES OFFICIAL VEHICLES TO TRANSPORT EVERYTHING THEIR ANIMALS NEED. YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, BUT YOU'RE ALWAYS THE LOUDEST.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by naptu2: 6:21am On Sep 09, 2019
Beat123:
It’s not about quoting people and writing in caps lock! Who even thought you how to make sentences? Putting them in red when you actually not making any point!

Point is, don’t use patrol car for a purpose other than what it was intended.. get vans or trucks for feeds or sub contract it!

Also learn to think before you talk.

That is not a patrol car! It's a logistics vehicle. Not all police vehicles are patrol vehicles! Is the police staff bus a patrol car? Is the police workshop vehicle a patrol car?? Is the police band's bus a patrol car??

Why can't people understand something so simple!

Were you the one that made it a patrol car?

Were you the one that bought it and determined its intended purpose??

The fact that you have never seen it before or that you have never heard of the mounted police before does not mean that it is wrong!

Do mounted policemen patrol in trucks or on horseback??

Is that not a mounted police vehicle?

Is this not the same thing that mounted police units around the world do??

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by ImperialYoruba: 6:33am On Sep 09, 2019
naptu2:

That is not a patrol car! It's a logistics vehicle. Not all police vehicles are patrol vehicles! Is the police staff bus a patrol car? Is the police workshop vehicle a patrol car??

Why can't people understand something so simple!

Were you the one that made it a patrol car?

Were you the one that bought it and determined its intended purpose??

Do mounted policemen patrol in trucks or on horseback??

Is that not a mounted police vehicle?

grin grin
Na your fault! You did not clarify that even though these non-patrol vehicles are intended for logistics support, they nonetheless have a mandate, as police officers, to enforce law in public. So that a truck carrying hay for instance will intervene and stop a crime or any activity that can harm public or society.

You better put a disclaimer on your post before ignorant Nigerians start telling hay-carrying police officers "naptu told me you are not a patrol team", you cant arrest me for driving drunk. grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Treasure17(m): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
Information in very key. And some nairalanders were castigating the Nigerian police the other day. What I see here is orderliness and maintenance culture which obviously the system lack. Nice one naptu2
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by naptu2: 4:27am On Sep 11, 2019
Not all police vehicles are used to chase criminals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by naptu2: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
1) Cleveland, Ohio, USA. 20th July, 2016. Mounted police officer feeding their horses during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Note that the police truck in the background is carrying hay and a bucket.

2) You'll understand why this task is not contracted out when you read what Nashville Mounted Police wrote.

Metro Nashville Police Horse Mounted Patrol

It’s that time of summer again! Every year we spend a little time bringing in hay to get our horses through for the next year. This allows us to save money by not having to purchase hay and we get the added benefit of knowing exactly what is in the hay that we feed our partners.

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Ishilove: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
kayzat:
Thanks naptu2 for this lovely piece of information
He is my hero...

*starry eyed"
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by kayzat: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ishilove:

He is my hero...

*starry eyed"

Hero lager beer abi?
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Ishilove: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
kayzat:

Hero lager beer abi?
No. Hero... My naptu2 is my brainy warrior...

Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by kayzat: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ishilove:

No. Hero... My naptu2 is my brainy warrior...

Lol.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
kayzat:

Lol.
grin
Re: Why Do Some Nigerian Police Trucks Carry Grass/hay? Here's The Answer. by PAWG(m): 7:03am On Jul 15, 2021
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / SK Usman Spends His Weekend With Snake (Photos) / FGs Survival Fund: My Regret On Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.