Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? (16539 Views)

16 Reasons You Should Be An Entrepreneur And Own A Business / 3 Advantages Of Starting Small As An Entrepreneur / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Venerable612(m): 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
What’s the essence of this thread if someone with some experience and knowledge is not trying to offer advice on how to address these challenges? sad...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by generationz(f): 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
MasterRahl:
Research and content writing on Medical-related titles (for publication in academic journals, and, health and wellness websites).

Hmm this I've never heard of someone focusing solely on this niche before.

Can you coach me on how you go about it? especially on up work

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Brooke60(f): 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Your contact isn't even connecting.

I wanted to link up with you... just maybe.
That number is correct. 08036477871

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by 2emgee(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Pricing is my challenge. Its unfortunate i'm sharing the same business space with an uneducated and uncooperative fellow who is forcing down my price based on his lack of cooperation and very poor pricing. Am a barber.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Meliian(f): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
Brooke60:
As a Digital Marketer, many times, I have to bring my price down to satisfy clients. It's kind of hard because most of the time, I always end up not making #3000 from a business.

People look down on small brands.

Also, financial aspect is always a Problem.

Incase you have issues in running sponsored ads, I train, I help to run, I handle social media pages, I can trend your business on Twitter e.t.c.

I am a digital marketer

Solution: Give your potential customers a condition to fulfill to enjoy a price cut. Tell them to refer at least two or five people to your business. You can vary the number of referrals as you like.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Emmzy201(m): 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
wonder233:
So far, for me it's been the dearth of reliable people to work with, there's so much dishonesty out there.
I'm here
always truthful

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by opray: 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
My greatest challenge now is money and visibility. I said the two because i think having money to run ads will make my business visible to the people who needs or may need my services. I sell designer perfume oils and being a student studying a course which requires me to pay some fees almost every time and running this business with little or no support is really a hard one. I'm always left with nothing for marketing.

I sell designer perfume oils to both retailers and wholesalers. You can check us out on IG @bodyshopbyevie or FB at bodyshopbyevie or WhatsApp 08050930154. Who knows, you may need what we sell.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by exco90(m): 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
I'm a freelancer and Kindle Author. My greatest challenge is electricity.
To write a book (KDP) or do freelance jobs (Fiverr & Upwork), I need a very conducive, well-lit, environment. I spend roughly N700 daily on petrol for gen to power my home office.

Electricity is very important. Sadly, the Nigerian government doesn't want to do anything about it. We gained Independence in 1960. It's been 59 long years and Nigeria cannot boast of 24 hour electricity.

are you a writer?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by godisablack(m): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
BlackAlbinoo:
Having 24/7 power supply was my biggest challenge as an entrepreneur,I was able to solve that using a portable inverter and solar system for my laptop.....I dropship tech products and accessories on foreign platforms hence I need to be online always to attend to orders,also identifying quality products for my store, identifying unique products that will sell well , selling with the wrong price is also a major challenge for me.

Mind spilling this hustle to a brother
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by ceasare: 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
madenigga:
There's a secret I would have loved to share to Nigerian entrepreneurs on strategy to dominate the business environment of any state or region you are in, but if I did that I would be giving out tips to my archilese heel.

If u have finance and you want to go into any business normally SME there's a way you can go about it and make good business decision anybody that can tell me what technology this is. Is a real Business man
MN
What's d technology? There's no point for teasers if u can't drop the info here.our problem as blacks is not sharing info.jus saying
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Meliian(f): 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
TemmyT002:
Rendering services to clients at a cheap price just to help them and they still keep trying to haggle prices.
Weird people everywhere.

Solution: Never short-change or undervalue your brand. When you sell at cheaper rates than the normal price range, you send the wrong signal to your customers (that your products / services isn't worth more than a penny. This is why psychologically they feel the need to keep bringing the price down). Choose your prices and STICK to it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
exco90:

are you a writer?
Yes I am
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Lucascruiz(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2019
Biggest challenge is some coustomers demanding for pay on delivery outside my state...I sell watches
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2019
generationz:

Hmm this I've never heard of someone focusing solely on this niche before.

Can you coach me on how you go about it? especially on up work
Okay. You can pm me and we'll talk better.
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Meliian(f): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
ornicus:
getting your customers to pay in a timely fashion
customers repeatedly changing their requests

we have agreed on this design. we have agreed on price. then you start making multiple change requests. all this is burning my energy and reducing profit and taking time from other jobs.
unfortunately, it is what it s

It is not what it is.

Solution: create a new plan for customers who may wish to change their design at a later time. Let your customers know from the get go the cost implications of making such changes. For example, if a particular job costs 20k. Include an "additional charges" clause for variations in your sales agreement and let your customers be aware of it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Nigerfine2: 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
naijasquare:

My biggest challenge as an entrepreneur is sourcing and exporting Nigerian food to US. There is a huge market for products like palm oil, shea butter, beans, garri etc but I have not run into someone who can help with necessary paperwork.
The way Nigerian talk about garri beans export do baffle me, it's just we nigerans and very few west Africans eat garri and our beans.
The poeple that sell these in Houston are big big I mean that your little supply can't beat thier price.
The containerize yam from Ghana!
I live in Houston.
Palm oil heavily comes from Ghana also.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by maximunimpact(m): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Getting employees has been my biggest challenge

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by godisablack(m): 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
Offpoint:
Mine in descending order.

1. Nigeria pathetic power supplies
2. Useless Nigeria Network
3. My neighbor's who think I'm a yahoo boy....
4. Funds to boost facebook and google ads.

You must be a very fun and strong headed guy.
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
Meliian:

It is not what it is.

Solution: create a new plan for customers who may wish to change their design at a later time. Let your customers know from the get go the cost implications of making such changes. For example, if a particular job costs 20k. Include an "additional charges" clause for variations in your sales agreement and let your customers be aware of it.

if you say so

i'm sure you've also heard of relationship management

from the other side of the table, unless a guy is really really really good at what he does, we just move on to a more flexible partner

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by PapaAdanna: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
It has always been fund

Never mind all these motivational speakers talking trash that you dont need money to succeed

My brother, Ur idea will never see the light of day without some little money coming from you before other people can see u to invest

P.S: People will LOVE and SUPPORT u wen it is beneficial ( in Nicky Minajs voice)
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Omawumi17(f): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
My greatest challenge as a potential enterpreneur has always been capital...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Kay25(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2019
Finance.it's the backbone of any entrepreneur
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by chiboy1116: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
Nigeria
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Yhemit(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
naijasquare:

My biggest challenge as an entrepreneur is sourcing and exporting Nigerian food to US. There is a huge market for products like palm oil, shea butter, beans, garri etc but I have not run into someone who can help with necessary paperwork.

You're right boss, sample problem am facing in Shea butter today.
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by yomi007k(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Venerable612:
What’s the essence of this thread if someone with some experience and knowledge is not trying to offer advice on how to address these challenges? sad...
If you don't state your challenges advice may be difficult to get.
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by mployer(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
maximunimpact:
Getting employees has been my biggest challenge

Lol. I thought there are a lot of people looking for jobs?

I get you Sha wink
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by qanda: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by 4djustnation: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
Brooke60:
As a Digital Marketer, many times, I have to bring my price down to satisfy clients. It's kind of hard because most of the time, I always end up not making #3000 from a business.

People look down on small brands.

Also, financial aspect is always a Problem.

Incase you have issues in running sponsored ads, I train, I help to run, I handle social media pages, I can trend your business on Twitter e.t.c.

I am a digital marketer

Can you pls drop your WhatsApp number? I may need your service.
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Bukkiesokan(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
Making delivery of goods to customers
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Brooke60(f): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
4djustnation:

Can you pls drop your WhatsApp number? I may need your service.
Re: What's Your Greatest Challenge As An Entrepreneur? by Venerable612(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2019
yomi007k:

If you don't state your challenges advice may be difficult to get.

I am not against stating the challenges... I only have a problem with no one addressing each.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian API Startup, Onepipe Secures $950,000 Pre-seed Funding / Where Is CAC No Normally Located? / 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.