Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Adventures Of Lionlee216 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of Lionlee216 (102741 Views)

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
embarassed

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
I downloaded Bolt and took a trip from my location access bank to get my account fixed. That was when the reality of Nigeria starts to set. After waiting for 15mins, I was told there is no instant card available. I took bolt to Iwo road(Ecobank) to fix that one too only for the lady to tell me I'll need to wait for 40mins. I was like why do i need to wait for 40 mins.

I walked down to access bank, filled atm request form, told me to go downstairs to verify BVN then bring the form back upstairs. The lady at the customer service dragging her feet. Then I remember how I would request for my atm online and then delivered to my mailbox. Then I started remembering how it used to work.. Wasted over 2hrs because of atm card that I can easily do online within 3 mins.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
I have 2 frustrations.

Number 1: People I know in Nigeria be saying when I come home, I need to be very careful(its a good advice). Dont walk, dont take bike, always go with your car BUT the way I saw people driving on the road assured me I can't survive that kind of driving no more without bashing my car and my driving license will even be delivered to my on Wednesday(Jan 1st). My friend that helps with movement had to go on errands and I have places to be. My friends in the US said it's a bad idea to go to the bank alone that I might be kidnapped. I was like how will be kidnapped? Will I walk to the bank and say " Hey people, I'm from the US". I have a very strong ibadan accent just like Aywhy93 grin so how will someone kidnap me. I'm a full blooded Nigerian and I just want to experience stuffs that I have done before. I walked to the bank smiling hearing the horn of cars, people cursing lol.. I took a bike and was so glad. I enjoyed the breeze as the bike was rolling down iwo road. It reminded me of my roots and how fun it is to be climbing back then AND I wasnt kidnapped..

Frustration Number 2 : When i visited people I had to deliver goods to, Anytime I say "My name is xxxxxx and your son sent me from the US" You see them kneeling down and all kind of stuffs and kinda made me so embarrassed. They were giving me some kind of treatment but I just want to be seen as a person that I am not because of where i come from/lives. I have been asked severally how I'm coping with the hot weather. I'm always quick to remind them that I'm a Nigerian and weather can't do no harm. The weather I have had for over 30 years. I was being treated because of my "status" which I really didnt like at all. We are all human beings before any other things else

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
I knew I'll be spending most of my day indoor so I had to invite my 2 bros for area that I have a very good relationship to come have a drink at the bar with me and brought one young guy(his wife's lil bro). I got two wine(Andre and Hennessy) as gifts and I know I won't drink it hence the reason I invited them. Kindly note that they arrived 11am. I took them to the restaurant first to get some food.

When they saw the food they want and the price, the second guy said refused right away and said "This is equivalent to my monthly salary, I wont spend the worth of my monthly salary on food". I was so heartbroken. They opted for 3 plates of assorted pepper soup and asked for 3 drinks of Monster. When they walked with me to the private lounge, on citing the Hennessy, they started re arranging the bottles on the table and taking pictures with them. I could see the excitement on their face.

One of them said, This will be the first time of drinking Hennessy this year. I work so hard so as to take care of my family and when I feel like drinking dry gin or Alcohol, both of us will go a local place to drink herbs prepared with Alcohol. That's how we enjoy our lives.

At that point, I started believing the situation of things.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:19am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I have 2 frustrations.

Number 1: People I know in Nigeria be saying when I come home, I need to be very careful(its a good advice). Dont walk, dont take bike, always go with your car BUT the way I saw people driving on the road assured me I can't survive that kind of driving no more without bashing my car and my driving license will even be delivered to my on Wednesday(Jan 1st). My friend that helps with movement had to go on errands and I have places to be. My friends in the US said it's a bad idea to go to the bank alone that I might be kidnapped. I was like how will be kidnapped? Will I walk to the bank and say " Hey people, I'm from the US". I have a very strong ibadan accent just like Aywhy93 grin so how will someone kidnap me. I'm a full blooded Nigerian and I just want to experience stuffs that I have done before. I walked to the bank smiling hearing the horn of cars, people cursing lol.. I took a bike and was so glad. I enjoyed the breeze as the bike was rolling down iwo road. It reminded me of my roots and how fun it is to be climbing back then AND I wasnt kidnapped..

Frustration Number 2 : When i visited people I had to deliver goods to, Anytime I say "My name is xxxxxx and your son sent me from the US" You see them kneeling down and all kind of stuffs and kinda made me so embarrassed. They were giving me some kind of treatment but I just want to be seen as a person that I am not because of where i come from/lives. I have been asked severally how I'm coping with the hot weather. I'm always quick to remind them that I'm a Nigerian and weather can't do no harm. The weather I have had for over 30 years. I was being treated because of my "status" which I really didnt like at all. We are all human beings before any other things else

with the security situation in the country, people were just being cautious, nice to know you are from IB ciri. Happy New Year

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:21am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I knew I'll be spending most of my day indoor so I had to invite my 2 bros for area that I have a very good relationship to come have a drink at the bar with me and brought one young guy(his wife's lil bro). I got two wine(Andre and Hennessy) as gifts and I know I won't drink it hence the reason I invited them. Kindly note that they arrived 11am. I took them to the restaurant first to get some food.

When they saw the food they want and the price, the second guy said refused right away and said "This is equivalent to my monthly salary, I wont spend the worth of my monthly salary on food". I was so heartbroken. They opted for 3 plates of assorted pepper soup and asked for 3 drinks of Monster. When they walked with me to the private lounge, on citing the Hennessy, they started re arranging the bottles on the table and taking pictures with them. I could see the excitement on their face.

One of them said, This will be the first time of drinking Hennessy this year. I work so hard so as to take care of my family and when I feel like drinking dry gin or Alcohol, both of us will go a local place to drink herbs prepared with Alcohol. That's how we enjoy our lives.

seeing those meals reminds me of Oliver's Cafe. Have fun bro!
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:32am On Jan 01, 2020
I eventually forced them to eat.

3 people turned to 4 till 6 people. When the drinks got finished and I suggested another Hennessy, It was 38k at the hotel. they all refused and collected 10k from me, sent someone to go buy Hennessy from a store but u fortunately, it was 15k. They bought andre and red label, both for 7,500 and returned 2500 back to me..

3 people drank from 11am, 3 people joined arround 3pm and all left arround 7pm. With the exception of the Andre and Red label, and the gift of Andre and Hennessy I brought from my room, the 4 plates of food and total drinks they consumed for 8hrs came to a total of N61k+. The bros kept apologising they knew they have over stepped their boundaries by putting me into debts, but I told them not to worry about it.

In $$ equivalent, it's around 170$, money I'll make if I drive LYFT for 2 days(early morning, late night and early morning next day)..

My Conclusion : I'm sure there people out there in same situations as them. I thank God for my life.

IF I have 2 wishes, my first wish will be asking God for financial breakthrough for struggling Nigerians.

God will heal the land of Nigeria, Nigeria will be great again.

Make our politicians have mercy on us and stop stealing money that belongs to millions of Nigerians

HAPPY NEW YEAR

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by cyberhike(m): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I eventually forced them to eat.

3 people turned to 4 till 6 people. When the drinks got finished and I suggested another Hennessy, It was 38k at the hotel. they all refused and collected 10k from me, sent someone to go buy Hennessy from a store but u fortunately, it was 15k. They bought andre and red label, both for 7,500 and returned 2500 back to me..

3 people drank from 11am, 3 people joined arround 3pm and all left arround 7pm. With the exception of the Andre and Red label, and the gift of Andre and Hennessy I brought from my room, the 4 plates of food and total drinks they consumed for 8hrs came to a total of N61k+. The bros kept apologising they knew they have over stepped their boundaries by putting me into debts, but I told them not to worry about it.

In $$ equivalent, it's around 170$, money I'll make if I drive LYFT for 2 days(early morning, late night and early morning next day)..

My Conclusion : I'm sure there people out there in same situations as them. I thank God for my life.

IF I have 2 wishes, my first wish will be asking God for financial breakthrough for struggling Nigerians.

God will heal the land of Nigeria, Nigeria will be great again.

Make our politicians have mercy on us and stop stealing money that belongs to millions of Nigerians

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy new year Bros...
Amen to that... God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:

seeing those meals reminds me of Oliver's Cafe. Have fun bro!

You from IB? and

Where's Oliver Cafe
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:39am On Jan 01, 2020
cyberhike:

Happy new year Bros...
Amen to that... God bless you

Same here. God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:45am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

You from IB? and

Where's Oliver Cafe

Yes new bodija to be precise, Oliver cafe is at new bodija. You gon love that place. Happy new year bro.

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Yes new bodija to be precise, Oliver cafe is at new bodija. You gon love that place. Happy new year bro.

I'll try it out on thursday. Dem get Amala dude with ewedu with Cow Skin? grin
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:49am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

I'll try it out on thursday. Dem get Amala dude with ewedu with Cow Skin? grin

Lol yes! Them even get Continental meals too.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by aywhy93(m): 1:36am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I have 2 frustrations.

Number 1: People I know in Nigeria be saying when I come home, I need to be very careful(its a good advice). Dont walk, dont take bike, always go with your car BUT the way I saw people driving on the road assured me I can't survive that kind of driving no more without bashing my car and my driving license will even be delivered to my on Wednesday(Jan 1st). My friend that helps with movement had to go on errands and I have places to be. My friends in the US said it's a bad idea to go to the bank alone that I might be kidnapped. I was like how will be kidnapped? Will I walk to the bank and say " Hey people, I'm from the US". I have a very strong ibadan accent just like Aywhy93 grin so how will someone kidnap me. I'm a full blooded Nigerian and I just want to experience stuffs that I have done before.

Laugh wan kill me ooh. cheesy grin Do I really have Ibadan accent.? My Ibadan accent dey learn for your own ooh. Sometimes, I wonder if you're really in the States. Lol. But you always clear my doubt when you speak your American English. grin

I'm glad you're enjoying your stay already Boss. No place like home.!!! Just create enough memories that will remain unforgettable and make you smile even when you go back to the States. God bless you plenty, have fun!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by samuel19222(m): 2:01am On Jan 01, 2020
Welcome home bro, but Lagos sweet ooo, just try and explore Lagos small before you leave, Home sweet home
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by stonemasonn: 2:41am On Jan 01, 2020
One thing I like about Ibadan people, they like to enjoy life, no matter the hardship.

Ibadan was safe few years back, I don't know how things are now.

Happy new year Lionlee216, hope madam is having a swell time.

8 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by rinzaugustine: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

You don make Nigeria begin hungry me again with pics of that food +having friends hang around you,ride on okada or keke,drink without fear of DUI..Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Alexandre7: 7:31am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I downloaded Bolt and took a trip from my location access bank to get my account fixed. That was when the reality of Nigeria starts to set. After waiting for 15mins, I was told there is no instant card available. I took bolt to Iwo road(Ecobank) to fix that one too only for the lady to tell me I'll need to wait for 40mins. I was like why do i need to wait for 40 mins.

I walked down to access bank, filled atm request form, told me to go downstairs to verify BVN then bring the form back upstairs. The lady at the customer service dragging her feet. Then I remember how I would request for my atm online and then delivered to my mailbox. Then I started remembering how it used to work.. Wasted over 2hrs because of atm card that I can easily do online within 3 mins.

Lol...

That’s Naija for you.

I opened both a Naira Account as well as a Dorm Account at First Bank since December.

So far I haven’t received my ATM Card yet.

Today, our ATM Card Printing Machine is down

Tomorrow, Our Network is down

It has been excuse after excuse,

Hopefully, I’ll be able to pick it up before I head back to the states.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Alexandre7: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I have 2 frustrations.

Why don’t you hire a driver,

That’s exactly what I did,

Usually he works from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

But most times I usually send him home early whenever I’m done with my tasks.

Plus he also drives me out-of-state for official visits.

He gets mostly Sundays off to attend to his needs.

6 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by pocohantas(f): 10:13am On Jan 01, 2020
Pele o, Lionlee216.

We are only being caringggg grin

Happy new year to you.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 10:14am On Jan 01, 2020
pocohantas:
Pele o, Lionlee216.

We are only being caringggg grin

Happy new year to you.

Yes Mummy. Our "Alex" future wife.

Happy new year ma'am
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2020
Alexandre7:

Why don’t you hire a driver,

That’s exactly what I did,

Usually he works from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

But most times I usually send him home early whenever I’m done with my tasks.

Plus he also drives me out-of-state for official visits.

He gets mostly Sundays off to attend to his needs.

I don't feel comfortable having someone I dont know taking me somewhere and knowing so much. I'm just trying to be careful.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

I don't feel comfortable having someone I dont know taking me somewhere and knowing so much. I'm just trying to be careful.

Am also in ib come take me out grin
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by mixter(m): 10:34am On Jan 01, 2020
Welcome home lionlee216 . Relax and flex. To an extent , Ibadan is quite safe. Don’t overblow your trumpet. Stay safe egbon
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by SaintHilary(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2020
Welcome boss cool

I've never been to IB but I hope to one day. I hear say tins cheap small. But d poverty in dose areas no b small.

Chale my Lagos guys? One guy come back from Germany since on the 17th hoping to come spoil lekki boys with euros cheesy currency wey dem dey see every now nd den. Dem don lodge m for Pelican since dah day till now. Steady flexing and everyday girls for him night life. Las Las baba say "make ena show me d way na"

Legit Pays though. Happy new year Boss!

8 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2020
Spanishmilf:

Na lie joor
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:15am On Jan 01, 2020
SaintHilary:
Welcome boss cool

I've never been to IB but I hope to one day. I hear say tins cheap small. But d poverty in dose areas no b small.

Chale my Lagos guys? One guy come back from Germany since on the 17th hoping to come spoil lekki boys with euros cheesy currency wey dem dey see every now nd den. Dem don lodge m for Pelican since dah day till now. Steady flexing and everyday girls for him night life. Las Las baba say "make ena show me d way na"

Legit Pays though. Happy new year Boss!

Yes legit pays. The way yahoo boys spend money, no hardworking man will spend it like that..

Come give me money. I'm broke embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:15am On Jan 01, 2020
mixter:
Welcome home lionlee216 . Relax and flex. To an extent , Ibadan is quite safe. Don’t overblow your trumpet. Stay safe egbon

Thanks daddy..

Happy new year.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Alexandre7: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

Ok,

Be safe.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by SkinnyNigga: 11:44am On Jan 01, 2020
Spanishmilf:
he is married ma'am.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

Na lie joor
I'm serious akobo
Am a guy
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
SkinnyNigga:
he is married ma'am.
am a guy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (39) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process / Information About Sweden Visa / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.