Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Adventures Of Lionlee216 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of Lionlee216 (102812 Views)

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lordally(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I eventually forced them to eat.

3 people turned to 4 till 6 people. When the drinks got finished and I suggested another Hennessy, It was 38k at the hotel. they all refused and collected 10k from me, sent someone to go buy Hennessy from a store but u fortunately, it was 15k. They bought andre and red label, both for 7,500 and returned 2500 back to me..

3 people drank from 11am, 3 people joined arround 3pm and all left arround 7pm. With the exception of the Andre and Red label, and the gift of Andre and Hennessy I brought from my room, the 4 plates of food and total drinks they consumed for 8hrs came to a total of N61k+. The bros kept apologising they knew they have over stepped their boundaries by putting me into debts, but I told them not to worry about it.

In $$ equivalent, it's around 170$, money I'll make if I drive LYFT for 2 days(early morning, late night and early morning next day)..

My Conclusion : I'm sure there people out there in same situations as them. I thank God for my life.

IF I have 2 wishes, my first wish will be asking God for financial breakthrough for struggling Nigerians.

God will heal the land of Nigeria, Nigeria will be great again.

Make our politicians have mercy on us and stop stealing money that belongs to millions of Nigerians

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lordally(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I have 2 frustrations.

Number 1: People I know in Nigeria be saying when I come home, I need to be very careful(its a good advice). Dont walk, dont take bike, always go with your car BUT the way I saw people driving on the road assured me I can't survive that kind of driving no more without bashing my car and my driving license will even be delivered to my on Wednesday(Jan 1st). My friend that helps with movement had to go on errands and I have places to be. My friends in the US said it's a bad idea to go to the bank alone that I might be kidnapped. I was like how will be kidnapped? Will I walk to the bank and say " Hey people, I'm from the US". I have a very strong ibadan accent just like Aywhy93 grin so how will someone kidnap me. I'm a full blooded Nigerian and I just want to experience stuffs that I have done before. I walked to the bank smiling hearing the horn of cars, people cursing lol.. I took a bike and was so glad. I enjoyed the breeze as the bike was rolling down iwo road. It reminded me of my roots and how fun it is to be climbing back then AND I wasnt kidnapped..

Frustration Number 2 : When i visited people I had to deliver goods to, Anytime I say "My name is xxxxxx and your son sent me from the US" You see them kneeling down and all kind of stuffs and kinda made me so embarrassed. They were giving me some kind of treatment but I just want to be seen as a person that I am not because of where i come from/lives. I have been asked severally how I'm coping with the hot weather. I'm always quick to remind them that I'm a Nigerian and weather can't do no harm. The weather I have had for over 30 years. I was being treated because of my "status" which I really didnt like at all. We are all human beings before any other things else
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
lordally:

Lionlee lemme PM you don't be scared it ain't about money oo!!! I need you to do something for me when u get to d US abeg

No p
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lordally(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

When they saw the food they want and the price, the second guy said refused right away and said "This is equivalent to my monthly salary, I wont spend the worth of my monthly salary on food". I was so heartbroken. They opted for 3 plates of assorted pepper soup and asked for 3 drinks of Monster. When they walked with me to the private lounge, on citing the Hennessy, they started re arranging the bottles on the table and taking pictures with them. I could see the excitement on their face.

One of them said, This will be the first time of drinking Hennessy this year. I work so hard so as to take care of my family and when I feel like drinking dry gin or Alcohol, both of us will go a local place to drink herbs prepared with Alcohol. That's how we enjoy our lives.

At that point, I started believing the situation of things.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:
I eventually forced them to eat.

3 people turned to 4 till 6 people. When the drinks got finished and I suggested another Hennessy, It was 38k at the hotel. they all refused and collected 10k from me, sent someone to go buy Hennessy from a store but u fortunately, it was 15k. They bought andre and red label, both for 7,500 and returned 2500 back to me..

3 people drank from 11am, 3 people joined arround 3pm and all left arround 7pm. With the exception of the Andre and Red label, and the gift of Andre and Hennessy I brought from my room, the 4 plates of food and total drinks they consumed for 8hrs came to a total of N61k+. The bros kept apologising they knew they have over stepped their boundaries by putting me into debts, but I told them not to worry about it.

In $$ equivalent, it's around 170$, money I'll make if I drive LYFT for 2 days(early morning, late night and early morning next day)..

My Conclusion : I'm sure there people out there in same situations as them. I thank God for my life.

IF I have 2 wishes, my first wish will be asking God for financial breakthrough for struggling Nigerians.

God will heal the land of Nigeria, Nigeria will be great again.

Make our politicians have mercy on us and stop stealing money that belongs to millions of Nigerians

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy new year
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by SaintHilary(m): 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

Yes legit pays. The way yahoo boys spend money, no hardworking man will spend it like that..

Come give me money. I'm broke embarassed

No dey wyn me boss. If you give me sef I go take

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

Yes legit pays. The way yahoo boys spend money, no hardworking man will spend it like that..

Come give me money. I'm broke embarassed

bro i need some advice from you, can i pm you bro?
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Paccus: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Boss I also need some advice from you, can I pm you??
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
Paccus:

Boss I also need some advice from you, can I pm you??

lol sure bro
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:

WhatsApp +17
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
lionlee216:

WhatsApp +17739963828

thanks boss, you can edit your number
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lionlee bro, you can edit your number. Thanks boss. Paccus i got no pm from you yet
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by CornOak(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
Drenimarcus:
Lionlee bro, you can edit your number. Thanks boss. Paccus i got no pm from you yet

Edit the number from your last quote to him too. It's showing. cool
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
How can I get to Erin Ijesha water falls.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by dasphinx1(m): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Drenimarcus:

thanks boss, you can edit your number

Bro, please edit his number on your quote to him.... Its showing
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:18am On Jan 02, 2020
dasphinx1:

Bro, please edit his number on your quote to him.... Its showing

Oh got it. Thanks
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:22am On Jan 02, 2020
We went to my Father's Village. I was there last in 1999.

My definition of Village is mud houses.

Its somewhere in Oyo State.

The last picture was the village church(Anglican). I dont know whether its existing or not.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:23am On Jan 02, 2020
Pictures too large

4 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:24am On Jan 02, 2020
My dad claimed the tree has bee there before he was born

6 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by dasphinx1(m): 12:25am On Jan 02, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Oh got it. Thanks

You are most welcome fam
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:25am On Jan 02, 2020
My Village Church.

7 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:30am On Jan 02, 2020
I took her to Olumo Rock today and the Palace of EgbaLand.

I almost passed out walking those stairs. To make use of the elevator, we need to pay 1500 each but unfortunately, I wasnt holding my wallet. I wont try that again.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:31am On Jan 02, 2020
Palace

The MB are too large hence the reason of not uploading at once

9 Likes

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:34am On Jan 02, 2020
I choose to take her to all these local places because there so many beautiful places abroad. So she cant be "wowed" with that kind of things. Only these kind of small things can do the magic for sight seeing.

We planning to do Erin Ijesha water falls
She wants to ride tricycle(keke maruwa) and so on.
Oje Marketplace or Itamerin Market place

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by lionlee216(m): 12:34am On Jan 02, 2020
lionlee216:
How can I get to Erin Ijesha water falls.

Pls help
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:36am On Jan 02, 2020
Oga justwise, please I reported my quote which has lionlee216 WhatsApp number thinking it would delete it off the thread(silly me). Please I need it deleted. Thank you.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Drenimarcus(m): 12:38am On Jan 02, 2020
lionlee216:

Pls help

Never been there but I think it is in Osun state.
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Pidginwhisper: 1:05am On Jan 02, 2020
lionlee216:
I choose to take her to all these local places because there so many beautiful places abroad. So she cant be "wowed" with that kind of things. Only these kind of small things can do the magic for sight seeing.

We planning to do Erin Ijesha water falls
She wants to ride tricycle(keke maruwa) and so on.
Oje Marketplace or Itamerin Market place

Bbsharon could be of help.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Pidginwhisper: 1:05am On Jan 02, 2020
lionlee216:

Pls help
Cc: bbsharon

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Hadampson(m): 1:17am On Jan 02, 2020
Re: Adventures Of Lionlee216 by Hadampson(m): 1:20am On Jan 02, 2020
Lionlee216

This is bbsharon thread on erin ijesa waterfall tour

Click here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (39) (Reply)

Information About Sweden Visa / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.