Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

What's In A Guy's Accent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's In A Guy's Accent? (2415 Views)

Naija Guyz And Foreign Accent What For? / Nigeria Makes CNN 6th Sexiest Accent In The World / Things A Guy Shouldn't Do In A Lady's Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's In A Guy's Accent? by medjai(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2010
I was listening to Kel's interview over the internet on Beat FM and she was asked what she likes in men and top of her list is a guy with a nice accent and in my mind I was like "Great, I stand a chance"LOL. But then I asked myself "what's in an accent?", "what could be in a guy's accent?" Ladies have some very bizarre likes and frankly, I think it's time y'all started seeing the big picture and looking beyond ephemeral attributes like accents and all what nots. Accent of all things should count for zip
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by babyme1(f): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2010
Me like a guy that speaks well,not necessarily with oyinbo accent. Yeah,i like good English and good accent,
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by InkedNerd(f): 10:44am On Oct 28, 2010
@OP: She probably means the manner in which a man speaks based on his country of origin. For example, I can get turned on by African accents and be turned off by French accents. It all depends on the man speaks. Honestly though, I tend to be turned off by French accents.

baby.me:

Me like a guy that speaks well,not necessarily with oyinbo accent. Yeah,i like good English and good accent,

Ya know, I once liked a guy who wasn't exactly well spoken but he had a very sexy accent grin

Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by babyme1(f): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2010
LMAO at sexy accent cheesy cheesy
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by InkedNerd(f): 10:50am On Oct 28, 2010
baby.me:

LMAO at sexy accent cheesy cheesy

Chai, girl when he spoke I melted. Most of the time I no hear am well. All I could do was stare at him and think about how sexy he looked and how he sounded. CHAI!!!
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by babyme1(f): 10:58am On Oct 28, 2010
hehehehe grin I hope u are still hooked on the sexy accent,huh cheesy

On a serious note there is something about the voice that can be addictive. I usually get excited when i hear my boo laughing with his friends,u know that deep throat male laughter. I have this habit of listening for his laughter especially when he is gisting with his friends. I told him once and he laughs louder when he knows im around cheesy
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by InkedNerd(f): 11:01am On Oct 28, 2010
baby.me:

hehehehe grin I hope u are still hooked on the sexy accent,huh cheesy

On a serious note there is something about the voice that can be addictive. I usually get excited when i hear my boo laughing with his friends,u know that deep throat male laughter. I have this habit of listening for his laughter especially when he is gisting with his friends. I told him once and he laughs louder when he knows im around cheesy

Of course. Chai, in fact I heard his voice last night and I melted again. He was sleepy when I spoke to him so it sounded even cuter grin.
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by jaybee3(m): 11:05am On Oct 28, 2010
I've been told i sound like a cricket so does that mean my chances with the ladies are getting slimmer by the minute
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by MrBones2(m): 11:05am On Oct 28, 2010
[size=14pt] Oya u two(Inked and baby.me should go and wash the plates jor. Na voice be the koko now? grin [/size]
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by babyme1(f): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Of course. Chai, in fact I heard his voice last night and I melted again. He was sleepy when I spoke to him so it sounded even cuter grin.

U are in love wink
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2010
jay bee:

I've been told i sound like a cricket so does that mean my chances with the ladies are getting slimmer by the minute
\
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by SAGoddess: 11:21am On Oct 28, 2010
"Everything" is in an accent. . . . . . . . . . . .if someone opens their mouth to say something to me and they  sounds all "wrong" then we can't proceed with the conversation  cheesy  I like me a well-spoken man with a strong manly voice!
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by babyme1(f): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2010
@ Jaybee is u sound like a cricket then i can't touch u with a long pole,no ofience
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by jaybee3(m): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2010
^^^^
Sob Sob Sob
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by bkbabe97y(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Are we talking about me here? cool
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by InkedNerd(f): 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2010
jay bee:

Awww, baby I still got love for you kiss

Mr.Bones:

Oya u two(Inked and baby.me should go and wash the plates jor. Na voice be the koko now? grin

See jealousy grin

baby.me:

U are in love wink

Hehehe, no I'm not in love but his voice makes me go crazy ::[/b]blushing[b]::

bk.babe97y:

Are we talking about me here? cool

No sweetie, not you. Your voice makes my ears bleed grin.
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by bkbabe97y(m): 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No sweetie, not you. Your voice makes my ears bleed grin.[/font][/size]

Hmmmmmn. . . . You wasnt saying that last nite! cool
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by InkedNerd(f): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Hmmmmmn. . . . You wasnt saying that last nite! cool

Oh really? And what did I say to you last night? grin
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by MrBones2(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

See jealousy grin

I'm bi vocal(treble and Baritone) so why should i be envious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. BTW if u hear ma voice u go bone for that your guy wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by iice(f): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2010
I have a thing for accents and well spoken guys.
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by bkbabe97y(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2010
iice:

I have a thing for accents and well spoken guys.

Ahhhhh. . . . . then u'll love me!
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by bkbabe97y(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Oh really? And what did I say to you last night? grin

U really dont want me to put it out there. . . . . kiss
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by honeric01(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
hehehhee, i like my own accent, i even laugh at myself, some nairlanders can testify to this embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by googles: 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2010
As far as hez not forcing the accent. . .its a cute thing I guess
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by nellaluv(f): 7:49pm On Oct 28, 2010
A guys accent says it all. . when he opens his mouth you'll know how intelligent he is the way he speaks or st.p1d as the case maybe.

An illiterate igbo man trying hard to speak english in igbotic accent is a very big turnoff, if i had ears it would bleed, ofcourse i do have ears tongue
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by TRUSTEDGUY: 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2010
Women still dey screen us with accent again na wa oooo
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by medjai(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
^^ guy, i weak o. LOL
I think what should matter is the content of what he says. Accent is more like packaging
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by sinistyle(m): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
like the poster said "ladies have some very bizarre likes"
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by luap: 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2010
Crazy women, buy hey if they like the accent, sure I can pretend. Maybe a Mexican accent.
Hola senorita!!!Tu eres un sapo!!
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by Omolola1(f): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
@topic, EVERYTHING!
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by Brownteeth(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
Accent no hard joor!!! even a village old man can get an accent. The biggest task for guys is to get that money. With money, accent or no accent, the ladies go dey trip.
Re: What's In A Guy's Accent? by Dsense(m): 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2010
Well my girl always says to me ''I love ur accent nd voice thou it sounds cracked but i still love it''.
Just kidding grin ,she loves my accent more than she loves me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shoppers' Shock As Man Proposes In Mall Food Court: And Is Rejected! / What Women Want From Men / Best Advice;ladies, Date More Than One Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.