Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide (54945 Views)

Burial Of Khensani Maseko South African Student Who Committed Suicide After Rape / Burial Of 15-Year-Old Girl Slimzy Jay Who Committed Suicide In Delta (Photos) / Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Od1n: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
i can bet my life that guy is a Nigerian posing as a Ghanaian with a fake Ghanaian passport .And why even post a Ghanaian issue on a Nigerian site.So much of inferiority complex from the fraud capital of the world. Now they want to drag Ghanaians into their bleeped up mess of a country. How pathetic. Go and rescue your people in South Africa and stop worrying about us.
Superiority Complex. What is a Ghanaian doing on NAIRAland?

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Flashvite: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
Fraud is the biggest crime of our time. Take it or leave it
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by joepepsy(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
I said"some", as Africans we should learn to see our strength not weakness, they are criminals in other societies but the western media won't portray the negative side of their society but when it comes to Africa..God have mercy..They will act as if they are Saint and am sorry for my choice of word but please let all joint hand to lift our continent MAMA AFRICA.
cococandy:
Yet you have no problem with the unfair generalization of other people.

See who isn’t stupid.

Who cares where you are well known. Missing the point undecided
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Originalsly: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
Hmmm..... Federal Prosecutors... Federal Prison... most likely...in the middle of nowhere.... farrr away from his hometown.... where it would be very hard and expensive for visitors....and in the end.... deportation.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
i can bet my life that guy is a Nigerian posing as a Ghanaian with a fake Ghanaian passport .And why even post a Ghanaian issue on a Nigerian site.So much of inferiority complex from the fraud capital of the world. Now they want to drag Ghanaians into their bleeped up mess of a country. How pathetic. Go and rescue your people in South Africa and stop worrying about us.
Are you trying to say there are no sakawa boys in Ghana? Last time I checked, the biggest fraud in the UK was committed by a Ghanaian born man named Kweku Aboboli. As regards the attacks in SA, Ghanaians are equally not spared. There are several videos online of the SA touts specifically mentioning Ghana. Please be guided.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by psychologygh: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Od1n:

Superiority Complex. What is a Ghanaian doing on NAIRAland?
what is a fake Ghanaian news doing on nairaland. The day you zoo creatures will stop talking and posting about Ghana and Ghanaian news,that will be the day you will never see my shadow buh until then,stfu.How many times do you post news about Togo,Niger,Chad or Benin buh always Ghana. That's called inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by psychologygh: 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2019
DBlackCeazer:
Are you trying to say there are no sakawa boys in Ghana? Last time I checked, the biggest fraud in the UK was committed by a Ghanaian born man named Kweku Aboboli. Please be guided.
last time I checked he was the most trusted banker to be given all those huge amounts of money to invest which went wrong.Don't equate that with your scams and stupid fraudsters behind a laptop in a slum.Besides he's a free man now.Never talk about scam if you're a Nigerian. You guys are born scammers.The current biggest scammers in the USA with about 80 Nigerians alone busted is just a kids play when it comes to Nigerian scam.Nobody trust a Nigerian not even a fellow Nigerian.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by sirtuler(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
Now where are those stupid Ghanians that always label Nigerian as scammer.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by executive12: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
247naijamedia:
A Ghanaian man was busted Wednesday in New Jersey, for running an international love scam that turned deadly. Rubbin Sarpong’s profile on Plenty of Fish, Match.com and other dating websites describe him as a U.S. soldier serving in Syria, but federal prosecutors said he was actually in Millville, living the high life off unsuspecting women.

He is charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud. The 35-year-old and his accomplices, who live in Ghana, fooled more than 30 people and made over $2.1 million in a brazen dating scam that went on for three years and led at least one woman to commit suicide. Sarpong frequently posted selfies on Instagram with large stacks of cash, expensive designer clothing, jewelry and luxury cars — all of which he allegedly bought with money that women sent him.

One of his victims committed suicide in June 2018, just two days after transferring nearly $94,000 to Sarpong and his crew. The day before she died, the woman — whose identity was not released — allegedly went to Baltimore/Washington International Airport to meet what she thought was a diplomat with a $12 million box of gold.
Authorities said the elaborate scheme began in January 2016 and ended with Sarpong’s arrest. If convicted, he could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/ghanaian-big-boy-scams-over-30-us-women-of-2.1m-a-victim-committed-suicide.html

One of the victims went to the airport to meet who she thought was a diplomat with a $12m box of gold? I wonder why people are still falling for this type of scam. Don't they read? Too many stupid people.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by executive12: 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
eTECTIV:
If he was caught now dey'll have tagged him a Nigerian

He was caught.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by executive12: 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

American women are irredemably hopeless,

Well this is what you get when you are a divorce loving feminist,... Naija women better take note

What a generalization!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by psychologygh: 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
IntrovertedK:
buh your media can talk about nigeria from morning till night, shey? You don't know what you've entered, you want fame, don't you? And we suffer inferiority complex buh at least we've never accused anyone of forming superior over us like you insecure sissy. And ghanaians don't do fraud buh the greatest fraud in u.k history is commited by a ghanaian, nam1 is also a Nigerian. And you people labelled ashantis as scammers and fraud, let's believe they are Nigerians too. Thunder kill you there.
very funny country. No Ghanaian in Ghana knows even the name of your president and his vice much more listening to anything Nigerian .Your country is already destroyed beyond repair and nobody gives a Bleep about your zoo.Tell me just two media com8in Ghana who reports a Nigerian story and you won't get even 1.Am not talking about those useless blogs who operate from their bedrooms.The whole world is tires of Nigeria. The only time a Ghanaian media will mention Nigeria is when a Nigerian criminal,kidnapper,prostitutes, traffickers,drug dealers are arrested in Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by TheStarsAlign: 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

Well this is what you get when you are a divorce loving feminist,... Naija women better take note

Too bad NL don't have enough emoticons. I was looking for that THINKING one for your post not this open teeth grin
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by executive12: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
uuzba:

I don't give 2 ..... about anybody who has money again.
My level is my level.
I use Nokia ONE. I have a job. Thank God. I no send again.

Way to go. We should feel contented with what we have. All fingers are not equal. That should not stop us from working hard to raise our standard of living.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by itu404(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
I can imagine him going to hear his parole after about 10 years....i am changed now,,,,,i an a regenerated man now... i now realize such deeds is bad. nonsense and ingredient. no wonder parole officers are so stringent with granting them parole.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by executive12: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
cococandy:
African men keep showing yourselves to the world as hopeless lazy criminals. But it’s feminists y’all are worried about. Always tackling the wrong issues while your continent is violent shithole.
So much for male leadership. When all you can think about is who to fvck next or dupe next.

Useless things

It seems the average black man is wired to always be thinking about sex.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Lovelife433(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
name checkers over to u.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Fallenhunter: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2019
cococandy:
African men keep showing yourselves to the world as hopeless lazy criminals. But it’s feminists y’all are worried about. Always tackling the wrong issues while your continent is violent shithole.
So much for male leadership. When all you can think about is who to fvck next or dupe next.

Useless things

They're terrified of women having rights so lambast women at every opportunity because they're scared that if women wake up they'll realize that they deserve better than the shit treatment they get and will reject men.

Women across the continent need to wake up (Christian and Muslim women)

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
last time I checked he was the most trusted banker to be given all those huge amounts of money to invest which went wrong.Don't equate that with your scams and stupid fraudsters behind a laptop in a slum.Besides he's a free man now.Never talk about scam if you're a Nigerian. You guys are born scammers.The current biggest scammers in the USA with about 80 Nigerians alone busted is just a kids play when it comes to Nigerian scam.Nobody trust a Nigerian not even a fellow Nigerian.
whatever man, but no denying, fraudsters of Ghanaian origin are numerous.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
very funny country. No Ghanaian in Ghana knows even the name of your president and his vice much more listening to anything Nigerian .Your country is already destroyed beyond repair and nobody gives a Bleep about your zoo.Tell me just two media com8in Ghana who reports a Nigerian story and you won't get even 1.Am not talking about those useless blogs who operate from their bedrooms.The whole world is tires of Nigeria. The only time a Ghanaian media will mention Nigeria is when a Nigerian criminal,kidnapper,prostitutes, traffickers,drug dealers are arrested in Ghana.
trying so hard to save face. You don't know our president name buh your media were going about interviewing some Nigerian chiefs here about nigeria election like it concerns their father who nigerians elected. And you don't think, nana aba or whatever that ugly chimpazee is would totally disagree with all these your lies all in a bid to save face. Who even care about blogs when tvs like tv3, ghone and the likes are not done reporting their lies and propaganda. Oya say make ogun kill you there if you don't know the name of nigeria senate president courtesy of your propaganda peddling media. Ode oshi with his broken english.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by executive12: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:

What is this fool talking about? Ghanaians are also being attacked in South Africa. So you better go rescue your people there too. And stop being in denial because there are criminals in every country, including Ghana.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
what is a fake Ghanaian news doing on nairaland. The day you zoo creatures will stop talking and posting about Ghana and Ghanaian news,that will be the day you will never see my shadow buh until then,stfu.How many times do you post news about Togo,Niger,Chad or Benin buh always Ghana. That's called inferiority complex
local man is in sifia pain. Ndo. You think you are the only country that is free to post and talk about nigeria? Thunder fire you there yet again.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by foster212: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
Bleep you. He is a Ghanaian whether you like it or not. There are more of you like this even in your bleep hole country that are yet to be caught.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by foster212: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2019
Revolva:
Americans and Canadians are very gullible.people

Easily scammed than Europeans

You are just a hater the USA people that caught him do you think they are illlitrates

He is a ghanian and who told you that ghanains don't do online scam you de mad

I have been to Ghana ok don't tell.me about Ghana ok
Sarpong nah clearly Ghanaian name. No mind the idiot.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by ChocolateHigh: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
DBlackCeazer:
Are you trying to say there are no sakawa boys in Ghana? Last time I checked, the biggest fraud in the UK was committed by a Ghanaian born man named Kweku Aboboli. As regards the attacks in SA, Ghanaians are equally not spared. There are several videos online of the SA touts specifically mentioning Ghana. Please be guided.

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by foster212: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2019
psychologygh:
it's only a gullible Nigerian who will post something from a slay queen called Sexy Maame Yaa with 4,000 fake account followers and funny enough she is the only person with that picture that all the fake news post.Come on,you can do better than this.I know your people are being killed and attacked in South Africa just as everywhere in the world buh not create fake news to drag us into it.We are not the South Africans attacking your people.
Like this Ghanaian prick?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by foster212: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
Useful1:
Nigeria may have myriads of issues, but she doesn't live in denial as anybody can see in NL. We dey talk am as ehn dey pain us. On the contrary, other African countries even Ghana that Nigeria learnt fraud from will even deny having a word for fraud in their local language. No problem; everything negative from a black man is 9ja! In J'burg, Ghana house is where any worse form of immigration crime is being committed. I've met and encounterd their folks intelligent fruadstars yet they'll come here to point all negative fingers at anything called NIGERIA. I hate crime but don't make it a 9ja affair.
Na sakawa the idiots dey call am.
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by abbeyloyee(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2019
Fvckmoderators:
If you have been scammed before you will wish nothing short of jungle justice they are worse than ritualists and kidnappers

Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by maasoap(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

More like they are looking for a man with too much money. In the end, they end up losing all their savings
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by mmsen: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
cococandy:

Useless things

Misguided maybe but there's nothinc 'lazy' about what he did.

2.1 million dollars. 30 different targets. None of that says "lazy".
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by Nostradamus: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
IceColdVeins:
Just yesterday, I was telling bae about a guy back in school, whose maye had to keep selling her blood to a bloodbank in order to keep up with the nigga's sporadic bills.

Can you imagine?
that so-called 'maye' is cursed with an empty skull

As much as I hate yahoo boys reach,some of these mayes/magas don't cease to amaze me.they keep falling over themselves for the same cheap lies(which the yahoo boys fondly called 'format')which even my 11 years old nephew won't fall for.how come Americans/europeans,not Africans,are the ones falling repeatedly for these scam? Could this be a silent indication that the average African is more clever than his fellow European?
Re: Ghanaian, Rubbin Sarpong Scams 30 U.S Women Of $2.1m, A Victim Committed Suicide by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
Its poverty of the mind bro.

Larryfest:
Very senseless humans, una go dey do crime yet will be flaunting the proceeds on social media every time to oppress others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Nigerians Murdered In South Africa By Bird's Confraternity (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Rinji Bala Peter, UNIJOS Student Killed By Army / Colorado Santa Lookalike Robs Bank, Throws Money In Air Shouting Merry Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.