Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa (990 Views)

You're Leaving Your Country, Not Fighting To Change Your Country - Black America / I Deeply Regret Fighting To Keep Nigeria One...Pa Babawande / Nigerian Fighting Jet Missing During Boko Haram Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
I fail to understand this, because is like someone visited at your house and you are telling him to go and he is refusing.

Nigerians must be bold and fight their corrupt leaders to do the right things.

Because this thing of continuing to running to other countries is not helping.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by tpiander: 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
Once you leave Nigeria, it's not easy to go back home.

Their other choices are to relocate elsewhere.

I'd have said perhaps find a neighboring country to stay while things are sorted out. But if none is available, then head home I guess.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by psucc(m): 1:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
In fact if an average Nigerian will prefer relocating than a job that pays a living wage.

We are living dead here.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by helinues: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
To come back and add more to the already problems we are facing..

They would prefer to relocate to other Country..

Imagine make still dey shout up NEPA upadan when smaller Africa countries are enjoying stable electricity
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by Area4Area: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
psucc:
In fact if an average Nigerian will prefer relocating than a job that pays a living wage.

We are living dead here.
Who are the "we"? Abeg speak for yourself next time

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
tpiander:
Once you leave Nigeria, it's not easy to go back home.

Their other choices are to relocate elsewhere.

I'd have said perhaps find a neighboring country to stay while things are sorted out. But if none is available, then head home I guess.

hahaha, how can you say this "Once you leave Nigeria, it's not easy to go back home."

Is Nigeria such bad?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
psucc:

We are living dead here.

so sad to hear that. But Nigerians must fight until things becomes better in Nigeria, No one will come and make your country better.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
helinues:
To come back and add more to the already problems we are facing..

They would prefer to relocate to other Country..

Imagine make still dey shout up NEPA upadan when smaller Africa countries are enjoying stable electricity

My problem is that is you run away from your problem, who will fix those problems.

what is the root cause of this problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by andysnoopy(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
This is the most ignorant post I’ve seen on NL. You should continue with why are the Dutch unwilling to go? Same with the British and the others who in fact has more population than Nigeria over there.

You are seeing it from a different point of view while the people whose life it affects are seeing it from the “leave all you have worked for and go back” point of view.

You people need to be wise!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2019
andysnoopy:
This is the most ignorant post I’ve seen on NL. You should continue with why are the Dutch unwilling to go? Same with the British and the others who in fact has more population than Nigeria over there.

You are seeing it from a different point of view while the people whose life it affects are seeing it from the “leave all you have worked for and go back” point of view.

You people need to be wise!!

British are not looking for work, or not paying tax like Nigerians. we want investors, not beggars.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by tpiar: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
zhike:

hahaha, how can you say this "Once you leave Nigeria, it's not easy to go back home."

Is Nigeria such bad?

I didn't realise you're not Nigerian.

When people leave Nigeria, they get used to being outside Nigeria and it's harder for them to return because even the people at home prefer they stay abroad.

Re-adapting is not easy, that's why most would rather relocate to another country.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
tpiar:

I didn't realise you're not Nigerian.

When people leave Nigeria, they get used to being outside Nigeria and it's harder for them to return because even the people at home prefer they stay abroad.

Re-adapting is not easy, that's why most would rather relocate to another country.

Thanks very much, am Nigeria but I left with parents in an early age

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by tpiar: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
zhike:

Thanks very much, am Nigeria but I left with parents in an early age

Oh, ok, you're welcome.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by tpiar: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
It seems the problem is this:

Nigerians are being told or asked to leave South Africa.

Obviously, Nigerians do not want to leave because they feel they have the right to stay. Also, the home environment is not considered suitable by them because their base is now elsewhere.

Neither side wants to budge and both feel they are justified in their battle.

Focusing on Nigeria specifically because many Nigerians are on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
tpiar:
It seems the problem is this:

Nigerians are being told or asked to leave South Africa.

Obviously, Nigerians do not want to leave because they feel they have the right to stay. Also, the home environment is not considered suitable by them because their base is now elsewhere.

Neither side wants to budge and both feel they are justified in their battle.

Focusing on Nigeria specifically because .

I like this question "Focusing on Nigeria specifically because".

Is only Nigeria govt that is complaining, and Nigerian are less affected.

I would expect countries like Pakistan, Somalia, Ethiopia, India to complain.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by LadyExcellency: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
Tell me why South Africa is not ordering MTN, Shoprite, DSTV to return home? Or at least divest?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by psucc(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
Area4Area:
Who are the "we"? Abeg speak for yourself next time
See yeye man where want form.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
LadyExcellency:
Tell me why South Africa is not ordering MTN, Shoprite, DSTV to return home? Or at least divest?

I fail to understand why you miss a point. MTN is the investor in Nigeria, is there to improve Nigeria economy. is diff from someone who comes to SA looking for work. you can chase those companies and see what will happen to your economy. people employed by those companies will loose jobs, they will no longer pay tax, other investors will loose confidence in Nigeria. your naira fall down. and economy will fall down.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by psucc(m): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
zhike:

so sad to hear that. But Nigerians must fight until things becomes better in Nigeria, No one will come and make your country better.
Yes you are right there.

In fact, the average Nigerian faces two damning conditions - suffering and fear.

The later is so potent that he can seldom complain of the former because the state will use every available resource to silent him. In fact, he prefers suffering to dying.

Worst still is that even his kinsman is a potential tool in the hands of his oppressors, himself also doing so out of fear.

However, nothing lasts forever and for sure one day, just one day, the men shall fear no more. I am convinced.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
psucc:
Yes you are right there.

In fact, the average Nigerian faces two damning conditions - suffering and fear.

The later is so potent that he can seldom complain of the former because the state will use every available resource to silent him. In fact, he prefers suffering to dying.

Worst still is that even his kinsman is a potential tool in the hands of his oppressors, himself also doing so out of fear.

However, nothing lasts forever and for sure one day, just one day, the men shall fear no more. I am convinced.

Am happy with what you just said.
Check what South African are doing, they do the attacks against govt's will. and they say that if police attack them, they will also fight back.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
zhike:

I fail to understand why you miss a point. MTN is the investor in Nigeria, is there to improve Nigeria economy. is diff from someone who comes to SA looking for work. you can chase those companies and see what will happen to your economy. people employed by those companies will loose jobs, they will no longer pay tax, other investors will loose confidence in Nigeria. your naira fall down. and economy will fall down.
what you don't understand is, without support, it will be hard for them to return. Like return to what and where? Many of them don't have anything to return to. Where do they want to start and all? It's easy to say, it's like going to a country you've never been to and doesn't know anyone in, imagine how lost you'd be untill you are able to settle. These are the major problems, many wouldn't want to return to their families, returning to hopelessness. You see? Unless they can be supported i don't think they'd ever want to return.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2019
IntrovertedK:
what you don't understand is, without support, it will be hard for them to return. Like return to what and where? Many of them don't have anything to return to. Where do they want to start and all? It's easy to say, it's like going to a country you've never been to and doesn't know anyone in, imagine how lost you'd be untill you are able to settle. These are the major problems, many wouldn't want to return to their families, returning to hopelessness. You see? Unless they can be supported i don't think they'd ever want to return.

I understand what you are saying, But I think to go back home is diff from going to diff countries.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by LadyExcellency: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2019
zhike:

What the South African hooligans are doing is looting businesses and shops belonging to Nigerians.

Those businesses and shoos are investments
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2019
OP is a typical afonja. Can you get it into your afonja self who don't travel or invest in other places that they investments and businesses there, including family?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by tpiar: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2019
IntrovertedK:

This would be easier to understand if Nigerians have been overseas for over 40 years.

Most can't really say that.

Majority have spent between 5 to 20 years abroad, how could all links to home have been completely gone in such a short time?

Perhaps the actual reasons include they have certain goals which they haven't achieved yet.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by andysnoopy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
zhike:

British are not looking for work, or not paying tax like Nigerians. we want investors, not beggars.

Lmao at your thought that the British are investors... Funny man.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2019
LadyExcellency:

What the South African hooligans are doing is looting businesses and shops belonging to Nigerians.

Those businesses and shoos are investments

my friend there is only 1 Nigerian company in South Africa, called Dangote cement. no one will go and fight it because it invested in SA.
There are fighting business like a barber shop, internet cafe where is just 1 nigerian guy working there and not paying tax.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Fighting To Stay In South Africa by zhike: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
tpiar:

This would be easier to understand if Nigerians have been overseas for over 40 years.

Most can't really say that.

Majority have spent between 5 to 20 years abroad, how could all links to home have been completely gone in such a short time?

Perhaps the actual reasons include they have certain goals which they haven't achieved yet.

good response

(1) (Reply)

To Those Imposters Claiming To Be From Akwa Ibom / Igbos In Nigeria Will Not Rest Untill Presidency Is Given To Them -chief Ayo / VP Osinbajo And Others At Cuppy's Foundation Ceremony. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.