Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. (335 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Would Run For President In 2027 " -zamfara Gov. Dr Dauda Lawal / Obi Was At Worst A Footnote In That Election; Or At Best, A Convenient Pawn! / Gov. Sanwo Olu And Deputy Gov. Dr Hamzat Visited Badagry Expressway. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. by NLban: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
Benue State Pensioners: A Footnote to Dr. Hon Samuel Ortom

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10192177_govortom21_jpeg3b0ab789444b7594fb7e3dcd9c234cbe
Gov. Samuel Ortom

I am no pastor, priest, Imam or Ustaz or Man o God but I have studied almost all religions in the world including Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Shintoism, Animism, etcetera. I also deeply studied religious books including Quran and The Hadith of Prophet Muhammadu and the Bible. These are the two prominent religious scriptures in vogue in Nigeria.

Your Excellency, you are one of the few governors in the history of Nigeria, who go with the toga of Man of God like the Rev. Jolly Nyames and Rev. Joshua Dariye, who unfortunately have been convicted for stealing workers salaries and pensions, etcetera.

But that's by the way, anyways. Therefore, as Man of God Sir, let me remind you that 1 Timothy 5:18 says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain, and, the worker deserves his pay." Since you claim it was Holy Spirit who told you in 1992 that you will become governor in 2015 and same Holy Spirit made you governor in 2015, why has the Holy Spirit not reminded you about what the bible says in 1 Timothy 5:18 that "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain, and, the worker deserves his pay"?

Your Excellency Sir, in 2014 few days after Holy Spirit made you APC Candidate in a questionable miracle, you told me that you were going to clear salary and pension arrears immediately you're elected. This is 5 years now having administered over over N460Billion between May 29th 2015 and December 2018. Even in the Quran Your Excellency, it is written, “Pay the Laborer his Wages Before his Sweat Dries”. On the Day of Judgment, Allaah The Exalted will be the opponent of those types of people. Hence, the employers who hire workers then delay their wages for a month or two or three must fear Allaah.

Finally, Your Excellency, since this is just a footnote, let me advise or submit that the two scriptures from the Bible and Quran should speak to you now that it is doubtful the kind of Holy Spirit you have consistently talked about. Since that Holy Spirit has not commanded you to fulfill your promise to workers and pensioners Sir, kindly read 1 Timothy 5:18 and Islam gives top priority to the basic needs of labor. The Prophet insisted, “The workers and servants shall have to be given proper food and clothes” (Hadith).

This principle appears to be a forerunner of modern day legislation of ‘minimum wage’ based on workers’ cost of living index. He also told the employers to pre-fix wages before hiring the workers and “pay off wages before their sweat dries up” (Hadith). Any extra work must be rewarded with overtime, the Prophet insists.

He also seems to legalize the workers’ share in the profit (in addition to wages) of a production firm through his ruling: Give the worker his share from his products” (Hadith). Old age pension enjoyed favor of Caliph Umar who implemented it by saying, “It is far from being humane to let one go helpless in old age after getting service from his youth”.

I once reminded you in 2016 that the change we fought for in 2015 has not found accommodation except the change in the pockets of opportunistic elements in the boys quarters and bungalows power.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,

Gurgur Japheth MP

Re: P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. by NLban: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. by NLban: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
He will not pay Pensioners.

He is a man of God.

He will not pay.

He used the money to bury the death and fight Fulani Herdsmen.

Part of the money was used to buy votes !!!

Your money is gone.

Ortomatically Ortomating Benue Pensioners gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: P E N S I O N E R S: A Footnote To Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom. by justiz5(m): 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
Gov Samuel Ortom be like
"Your money is with "Ashabugu" over there.

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal: Oshiomhole Taunts Atiku, Tells Him To Approach ‘World Court’ / RIVERS APC CRISIS: Abe's Latest Move; Last Kick Of A Dying Horse. / Kidnap: Gunmen Abduct Bayelsa PDP Guber Aspirant’s Brother, Three Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.