Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths (22915 Views)

APC Vice Chairman, Lukman Resigns Over Imposition Of Ganduje As National Chairma / APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari / NYSC Fake Certificate: Fresh Petition Hits Tribunal Against Bayelsa Deputy Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Frankiss44(m): 6:23am On Sep 14, 2019
Ten06:

This your character is Xenophobic and must be condemn by peace loving people

I swear... That guy is no different from the average south African savage attacking foreigners.. If you can do it with a pen, you can also do it with a sword.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Frankiss44(m): 6:28am On Sep 14, 2019
DamiBukola:
Ijaws have lgas in Delta. They are the majority in Delta South.

Oya, reset your brain to factory settings.

LOL at majority.. Even in the ijaw local government dominated by isoko and itsekiri.. Ijaws want appointment virtually in every state they find themselves but they want an homogenous state of Bayelsa.. An homogenous state that already has an Urhobo man as senator.. You people need to wake up from your slumber.. Isn't it funny that th so called meeting was held in warri and not yenagoa? Greedy people

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Frankiss44(m): 6:31am On Sep 14, 2019
DateMynd44:
trash.
Bayelsa is 100% Ijaws.
u igbos should stop attaching ur inferior selves to people anyhow.
Ukwuani is only found in Delta State and they're not even real Igbos sef

Bayelsa is not and will never be 100 percent ijaw.. If not for political reason, even the average Nembe man detest being called an Ijaw man.
How can a state that clams to be 100 percent ijaw produce an Urhobo speaking senator? You guys need to wake up

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Nowenuse: 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
[quote author=fritiyo post=82212862][/quote]

How many communities are in the entire Bayelsa state? The smallest state in Nigeria.
If the Urhobos in Bayelsa are big enough to produce a comissioner and senator in the state, they are good enough to produce a deputy governor.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by DamiBukola: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Frankiss44:

LOL at majority.. Even in the ijaw local government dominated by isoko and itsekiri.. Ijaws want appointment virtually in every state they find themselves but they want an homogenous state of Bayelsa.. An homogenous state that already has an Urhobo man as senator.. You people need to wake up from your slumber.. Isn't it funny that th so called meeting was held in warri and not yenagoa? Greedy people
is Warri your town?

Which Ijaw LGA is dominated by Isoko and Itsekiri? I think you are high. Bomadi is exclusively an Ijaw LGA. Burutu is exclusively an Ijaw LGA. Patani is exclusively an Ijaw LGA with Uduophori and Udorubu (which are towns in Tarakiri Clan, Ofoni which Senator Lawrence is claiming is part of that clan.

Warri S/W is 50/50 with the LGA located in Ogbeijaw, an Ijaw Town.

Warri North is 40% Ijaw and 60% Itsekiri.

Tell me about just one Local Government own by Itsekiri in Delta State.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by DamiBukola: 3:50am On Sep 15, 2019
Frankiss44:

Bayelsa is not and will never be 100 percent ijaw.. If not for political reason, even the average Nembe man detest being called an Ijaw man.
How can a state that clams to be 100 percent ijaw produce an Urhobo speaking senator? You guys need to wake up
you know nothing about Bayelsa.

Let me educate you a bit.

The man called Tarakiri is the founder of the Tarakiri kingdom. He married many wives who bore him many children amongst which is the founder of Ofoni where Senator Lawrence came from.

The Ofoni is one of the towns or communities in Tarakiri kingdom and they are among the ruling class of Tarakiri.

The woman whose son founded Ofoni is an Urhobo woman who brought her nices and nephews to live with them in her son's village.

The Ofoni people till date have Ijaw names mostly as their family names in Ofoni.

The problem is, there is this allegation that Senator Lawrence is not from Ofoni because it is alleged that his mum came to marry in Ofoni with him that his surname is not a family in Ofoni but that the mother came with him.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by DamiBukola: 3:53am On Sep 15, 2019
Nowenuse:

How many communities are in the entire Bayelsa state? The smallest state in Nigeria.
If the Urhobos in Bayelsa are big enough to produce a comissioner and senator in the state, they are good enough to produce a deputy governor.
Urhobo has just 1 town and 1 village in Bayelsa with both towns tracing their partanity to Tarakiri.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Frankiss44(m): 5:02am On Sep 15, 2019
DamiBukola:
you know nothing about Bayelsa.

Let me educate you a bit.

The man called Tarakiri is the founder of the Tarakiri kingdom. He married many wives who bore him many children amongst which is the founder of Ofoni where Senator Lawrence came from.

The Ofoni is one of the towns or communities in Tarakiri kingdom and they are among the ruling class of Tarakiri.

The woman whose son founded Ofoni is an Urhobo woman who brought her nices and nephews to live with them in her son's village.

The Ofoni people till date have Ijaw names mostly as their family names in Ofoni.

The problem is, there is this allegation that Senator Lawrence is not from Ofoni because it is alleged that his mum came to marry in Ofoni with him that his surname is not a family in Ofoni but that the mother came with him.

Nigeria will never grow with this kind of whack mentality.. See what tribalism is doing to us.. We invest so much energy tracking down ancestral roots just because we feel they are not part of us and so don't deserve to share any leadership position. The annoying thing is that this would be understand if the illiterates down in the creeks are behaving like this, but for the so called educated ones, then there is problem for the future of the country...
A typical Nigerian will prefer a bad leader from his tribe than a good leader from another tribe

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by meccuno: 7:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Frankiss44:

Am even more amazed that this is coming from you.. Is the said Urhobo man bayelsa? If he is then he has an equal stake just like every other bayelsan. How can there even be a separate state for ethnic nationalities in Nigeria but you have an ijaw man as deputy in delta state.. Ain't you guys funny?
take your grievance to the Ijaws who don't want him not me. After all the northerners who are in majority have always rejected the Igbos and their SW brothers. How many times have you been amazed by that when they reject us and treat us with disdain? Please don't be biased.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Frankiss44(m): 9:11am On Sep 15, 2019
meccuno:
take your grievance to the Ijaws who don't want him not me. After all the northerners who are in majority have always rejected the Igbos and their SW brothers. How many times have you been amazed by that when they reject us and treat us with disdain? Please don't be biased.

The northerners rejected the igbos and their SW west brothers but they overwhelmingly voted for both GEJ and Obansajo during the presidential election.. Obasanjos case was unique because even his South west brothers didn't vote for him and if not for the so called north he would have lost.. You are telling me to take my greviance to the Ijaws and here u are acting as an online advocate to them..

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by meccuno: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2019
Frankiss44:

The northerners rejected the igbos and their SW west brothers but they overwhelmingly voted for both GEJ and Obansajo during the presidential election.. Obasanjos case was unique because even his South west brothers didn't vote for him and if not for the so called north he would have lost.. You are telling me to take my greviance to the Ijaws and here u are acting as an online advocate to them..
and how has Gej and obasanjos election added to the progress of the Igbo people? Are they Igbos?what I wrote in which you quoted has no bearing whatsoever to the direction you are going.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by izicooo(f): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
Idadurun:
Fools!

Where were you when one of the senators, a Bayelsa Urhobo representing Bayelsa State?

Where were you when the boundary demarcation commission included the Urhobos in Bayelsa?

Are the Urhobos not contributing to the development of Bayelsa State, their God given State?

Where were you when they were made commissioners in the state?

Are the Ijaws who are minorites in Delta not enjoying state privileges given by the Urhobos?

You should be guilty of marginalization which you've been crying against. This is uncivilized of the Ijaw nation. I call them tout, braggers and the most cowards of the Niger Delta Region. The Ijaws attitude is xenophobic in disguise.

No wonder Good luck Jonathan was chased out of office by an illiterate who have no SSCE.
Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, nice one sir!

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by izicooo(f): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
Titogbanski:
FAKE NEWS BY THE NATION TO CREATE DISHARMONY AND TENSION IN THE NIGER DELTA.......

DID THE DEPUTY GOV CANDIDATE IMPOSE HIMSELF OR HE IS BEING SPONSORED BY SAME IJAW PEOPLE TO SHOW THAT THEIR STATE IS CONSCIOUS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. THE CURRENT COMMISSIONER OF WORKS IN THAT STATE IS AN URHOBO....APPOINTED BY SAME IJAW PEOPLE AND IJAW GOVERNOR. URHOBO AND ISOKO AREAS IN BAYELSA ARE RECOGNISED AND DEVELOPED BY THE SAME IJAW PEOPLE. I BELIEVE AN URHOBO WAS SPEAKER OR DEPUTY SPEAKER AT A TIME...URHOBO AND ISOKO NEWS/MUSIC ETC ARE AIRED IN THEIR STATIONS.

THE IJAWS ARE AS OPEN AND LIBERAL AS YOU CAN IMAGINE...JUST LIKE LAGOS PEOPLE WHO GIVE APPOINTMENTS TO OTHER NIGERIANS NOT EVEN FROM THE STATE. LETS COMMED THEM AND STOP THIS STAGE MANAGED PROPAGANDA NEWS BY THE NATION NEWPAPERS TO CAUSE CONFUSION IN THE NIGER DELTA.......
Please just shutup your mouth and stop saying nonsense because you are an Ijaw fellow. The Ijaws are a major setback to the Niger delta, very backward minded fellows (If you doubt me, take a look at the reign of Gej) and very wicked people. I will prefer to live in South Africa than to live in an Ijaw dominated area.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by omoharry(f): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2019
Frankiss44:

Yes the Ofoni people of Bayelsa are Urhobos. The man in question has been a commissioner in bayelsa for years... An Urhobo man is one of the 3 senators representing Bayelsa state in the 9th assembly
I see.Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Titogbanski: 10:47am On Oct 28, 2019
izicooo:
Please just shutup your mouth and stop saying nonsense because you are an Ijaw fellow. The Ijaws are a major setback to the Niger delta, very backward minded fellows (If you doubt me, take a look at the reign of Gej) and very wicked people. I will prefer to live in South Africa than to live in an Ijaw dominated area.

U drink?
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by izicooo(f): 10:53am On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=Titogbanski post=83528290]

U drink?
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Fulmigati: 11:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
The hypocrites have conveniently forgotten about this.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Titogbanski: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
izicooo:

Is that why you people arrange all this propaganda news?
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Whiteangel1234: 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
i dont like Ijaw people
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by lordztj: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
DamiBukola:
is Warri your town?

Which Ijaw LGA is dominated by Isoko and Itsekiri? I think you are high. Bomadi is exclusively an Ijaw LGA. Burutu is exclusively an Ijaw LGA. Patani is exclusively an Ijaw LGA with Uduophori and Udorubu (which are towns in Tarakiri Clan, Ofoni which Senator Lawrence is claiming is part of that clan.

Warri S/W is 50/50 with the LGA located in Ogbeijaw, an Ijaw Town.

Warri North is 40% Ijaw and 60% Itsekiri.

Tell me about just one Local Government own by Itsekiri in Delta State.

Hope you are aware that there are Urhobos who are from Patani

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Claims Of 600 Abducted Katsina Students Untrue - Nigerian Police / Ongoing Road Construction Work At Ngwa Road Aba (Pictures) / We've Lost Confidence In Results Collated & Announced By INEC - Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.