Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa (6835 Views)

Is Ruga Now Being Named National Livestock Transformation Programme?(Pics) / National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2019
post=82086768:
Nigeria will be great again.

Is pig your own problem now Mr Business?
So because pig is not included that means Nigeria cannot be great again?!
But what kind of people do we share this forum with for krissake?!
Reading all your gibberish shows how much hatred for your country you've bottled within for a while now.
Get well soon o!

Is that your definition of gibberish? Expected you to come up with a meaning full defence.

Let me tell you and tell you again, you cannot be doing the same thing over and over again, and expect a different result.

Am sure you have not even gone through the NLITP, it's all about cow , cow and cow.

The livestock transformation plan should be holistic to accommodate all livestock rearing in the country.

Yes I m motioned pig, are there not pig farmers in the country?
Why are we not carrying everybody along?

Making thorough and holistic plan in every facets of our life and National planning remains the only way for our nation to be great, anything outside that remains a joke and that's why Nigeria continues to be a joke.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2019
efighter:

I did not abuse your father nah, I only asked you to post his achievements and for all to see. Please don't be unfortunate this morning.
you should not be asking that when yours is useless
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 8:08am On Sep 10, 2019
post=82087183:

It's obvious something is wrong somewhere.
Get well soon.

It's obvious you can't come up with intelligent debate, this is a forum, we all learn in exchanging opinions, but unfortunately when people have nothing to offer in a meaningful issue of National concern, they simply resort to throwing tantrums thus exposing their IQ level.

I will tell you again, Nigeria will only be great when we start doing things rightly.

Just like a business , it can only grow and be great by putting every factor into consideration in making business decisions and policies.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by madenigga(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2019
Why is Nigeria pouring too much resources into Northern Nigeria, when most of the investment has not brought ant returns, from Niger state river port that they spent billions, to Kaduna dry port that they spent another billions, to search for oil in Bornu that they spent another set of billions. All these investment yielded zero returns.

Yet they still keep forcing it.

Buhari and APC has abandoned most of the South south and South Eastern States.

Rivers state has not received any single major federal project since a few years now, Rivers state of all States where Nigeria is benefitting massively from, a resource filled state like Rivers, Nigeria has more I mean more to benefit from it than pouring Billions in Bornu.

Rivers state oil industry has not been able to operate at its maximum, reason almost all the federal roads, bridges leading to them are in comatose.

The Federal government is refusing to coroporate fully with the state agencies in the matter of security and insecurity is ravaging the state.

But they are telling world bank to focus on the north, spending billions in futile projects in the north.

OK na
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by pat077: 8:24am On Sep 10, 2019
National livestock plan or National cow transformation plan.
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by sexybash(f): 8:24am On Sep 10, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
When will he visit South Africa??

Government of cows, by cow, for cows shocked
I dont know what nigeria people want, i guess we dont kmow what we want
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Eleponblue(m): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2019
Dpharisee:

There is another thread where electric shocked a Fulani cow to death in Delta, your attention is urgently needed there since you are the number one seller of dead cow meat Barbecue in Nigeria cheesy

E pain am�
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by madenigga(m): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2019
post=82086768:
Nigeria will be great again.

Is pig your own problem now Mr Business?
So because pig is not included that means Nigeria cannot be great again?!
But what kind of people do we share this forum with for krissake?!
Reading all your gibberish shows how much hatred for your country you've bottled within for a while now.
Get well soon o!
So its cow that will make Nigeria great mister go gibberish?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by gazza07(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2019
Keep making mockery of professorship. U and Wole soyinka.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Erastuslove: 8:36am On Sep 10, 2019
Osinbade hope that is not your plan B RUGA?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by EkunKekere: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2019
efighter:

2023 race has started. The strategists have started strategising while the wailers are still waiting, when it's six months to elections, wailers will then start running helter shelter.

What a lovely picture of a master and his houseboy.
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by profmnuhu(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
When will he visit South Africa??

Government of cows, by cow, for cows shocked
What are they doing there?
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by profmnuhu(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2019
There is no way Nigeria wont take shape in no time with the rate this man is going
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by profmnuhu(m): 8:46am On Sep 10, 2019
madenigga:
Why is Nigeria pouring too much resources into Northern Nigeria, when most of the investment has not brought ant returns, from Niger state river port that they spent billions, to Kaduna dry port that they spent another billions, to search for oil in Bornu that they spent another set of billions. All these investment yielded zero returns.

Yet they still keep forcing it.

Buhari and APC has abandoned most of the South south and South Eastern States.

Rivers state has not received any single major federal project since a few years now, Rivers state of all States where Nigeria is benefitting massively from, a resource filled state like Rivers, Nigeria has more I mean more to benefit from it than pouring Billions in Bornu.

Rivers state oil industry has not been able to operate at its maximum, reason almost all the federal roads, bridges leading to them are in comatose.

The Federal government is refusing to coroporate fully with the state agencies in the matter of security and insecurity is ravaging the state.

But they are telling world bank to focus on the north, spending billions in futile projects in the north.

OK na

Na dem
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by QuotaSystem: 8:56am On Sep 10, 2019
1. How much do pigs generate for Nigeria?

Leather from cows and sheep alone brings over US$600,000 annually.

2. What is the relative rate of consumption of pork in the country?

Half of the country doesn't even eat pork totally, compared to beef which is massively consumed by the entire country, therefore making it a strategic staple to our food security just like Rice (which also enjoys government intervention unlike other food crops).

Facts not argument.

BUSINESSARENAA:

How will Nigeria be great again with such level of deceit.

Why is pig not included in the NLITP or is pig not a livestock?

Or are to believe that osibanjo does not know that pig is also a livestock.

I think it would have made more sense for them to call it National Cow Transformation Plan.

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by SerKris(m): 8:57am On Sep 10, 2019
The NEC initiative was meant for all 36 states, am not against it starting with 7 pivot states but what is the certainty that it is going to commence in the remaining states of the federation, i hope it does(especially the southern and eastern parts of the nation)

The programme has been stipulated for 9 years, i doubt the continuity of this programme after this present regime. That has always been the case in Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2019
QuotaSystem:
1. How much do pigs generate for Nigeria?

Leather from cows and sheep alone brings over US$600,000 annually.

2. What is the relative rate of consumption of pork in the country?

Half of the country doesn't even eat pork totally, compared to beef which is massively consumed by the entire country, therefore making it a strategic staple to our food security just like Rice (which also enjoys government intervention unlike other food crops).

Facts not argument.

Goood, I love the dimension you took this discussion to.

And I ask how much tax these cattle rearers are paying the government despite raking in billions of Naira on a daily basis? None.

Yet the government of the day is wasting tax payers money on people that will never pay tax.

Also note, for the fact you don't consume pig does not mean others don't, so to them it's a good business and a livestock.

FACT.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by GreyLaw(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2019
SerKris:
The NEC initiative was meant for all 36 states, am not against it starting with 7 pivot states but what is the certainty that it is going to commence in the remaining states of the federation, i hope it does(especially the southern and eastern parts of the nation)

The programme has been stipulated for 9 years, i doubt the continuity of this programme after this present regime. That has always been the case in Nigeria.

No sir! If the livestock plan does not include other poultry animals, including pigs, then they can restrict it to the states where those normads come from.

The whole of the Southern part of Nigeria is just fine without NLTP. The government can channel such resources to other areas of interest to the Southerners.

There is obvious distrust between the people of the south and the central government, and until the government can be trusted such 'transformation' plans cannot be forced on them.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Smog77: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2019
Go ahead VP those who need the RUGA in tthere state government should provide it for them for more jobs, am in support
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Oladelesp: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2019
For your information NLTP is not RUGA
National Livestock Transformation Plan was approved by State governors under the auspices of the National Economic Council (NEC) chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on January 17, 2019, approved the plan based on the recommendations of a Technical Committee of the Council chaired by Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State. Other State Governors on the committee and Working Group of NEC are those from Adamawa, Kaduna, Benue, Taraba, Edo, Plateau, Oyo & Zamfara - mostly the frontline States in the Farmer-Herder crises.
National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) has been backed up with the ECOWAS Heads of State and government approval since 2005, because whatever we are doing in the livestock sector must incorporate the ECOWAS protocol
National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) approach is to invest in the livestock sector to provide ranches, mitigating the escalating crisis between pastoralists and farmers.
National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP)will attract N2 trillion into the country’s economy through the livestock sector.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by profmnuhu(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2019
7 states are the major beneficiaries of the NLTP: Adamawa, Nassarawa, Benue, Kaduna, Plateau, Taraba and Zamfara states. Other states can opt-in to be a part of the NLTP IF THEY DESIRE.
#NLTPAdamawa
#OsinbajoInAdamawa
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Oladelesp: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2019
Smog77:
Go ahead VP those who need the RUGA in tthere state government should provide it for them for more jobs, am in support

NLTP is not RUGA,
NLTP was approved by technical Committee of the Council chaired by Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State. Other State Governors on the committee and Working Group of NEC are those from Adamawa, Kaduna, Benue, Taraba, Edo, Plateau, Oyo & Zamfara - mostly the frontline States in the Farmer-Herder crises
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Zeemam: 11:14am On Sep 10, 2019
NLTP is not RUGA

Be guided
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Zeemam: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2019
Different between NLTP and RUGA

• NLTP was developed from recommendations based on extensive stakeholder consultations by the National Economic Council (NEC) Farmer-Herder Crises Committee on the drivers of the conflict in 2018 and the plan was approved by all 36 governors in January 2019. This is different from RUGA; the plan was to finalize on design and procurement process, before engagement with States and Local Governments for identification and provision of sites while the Ministry of Interior would be engaged to finalize the logistics and modalities of mobilizing the Agro- Rangers for the provision of security.

• While RUGA focuses only on livestock, NLTP caters to the concerns of both pastoralists and crop farmers for a mutual coexistence.

• RUGA will provide amenities such as basic water, shelter, health and security infrastructure as well as feed sources and pasture, while the NLTP addresses the concerns of livestock modernization through the following six pillars: Conflict Resolution, Justice and Peace, Humanitarian Relief and Early Recovery, Human Capital Development; Crosscutting Issues of (Research, Youth and Gender) and Economic Investment (cattle production along the value chains).
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by MikelIbe: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2019
Zeemam:
Different between NLTP and RUGA

• NLTP was developed from recommendations based on extensive stakeholder consultations by the National Economic Council (NEC) Farmer-Herder Crises Committee on the drivers of the conflict in 2018 and the plan was approved by all 36 governors in January 2019. This is different from RUGA; the plan was to finalize on design and procurement process, before engagement with States and Local Governments for identification and provision of sites while the Ministry of Interior would be engaged to finalize the logistics and modalities of mobilizing the Agro- Rangers for the provision of security.

• While RUGA focuses only on livestock, NLTP caters to the concerns of both pastoralists and crop farmers for a mutual coexistence.

• RUGA will provide amenities such as basic water, shelter, health and security infrastructure as well as feed sources and pasture, while the NLTP addresses the concerns of livestock modernization through the following six pillars: Conflict Resolution, Justice and Peace, Humanitarian Relief and Early Recovery, Human Capital Development; Crosscutting Issues of (Research, Youth and Gender) and Economic Investment (cattle production along the value chains).

It's the same. The fundamental reason is land takeover.
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by Tundeobama(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
I supply pant trousers for male for 1500 and less in wholesale purchase. The bands are top Europe designers
Any colour kindly DM 08132941730,08085020858
Customers outside Lagos will pay a token for delivery
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by nairalandankrah: 8:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
post=82086763:

Now, kindly Shut up if you have nothing meaningful say!
Have you liked my comment yet... Chai e país am
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by QuotaSystem: 6:49am On Sep 12, 2019
As expected, everything about the difference in strategic importance of the different food products flew over your head.

P. S The government generates a lot of money from leather, so taxing the practitioners instead of giving them incentives to encourage and boost production will hurt and not help government revenue generation.

How much do pigs bring in? Don't flatter yourself.

Facts only.

BUSINESSARENAA:

Goood, I love the dimension you took this discussion to.

And I ask how much tax these cattle rearers are paying the government despite raking in billions of Naira on a daily basis? None.

Yet the government of the day is wasting tax payers money on people that will never pay tax.

Also note, for the fact you don't consume pig does not mean others don't, so to them it's a good business and a livestock.

FACT.
Re: Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 8:49am On Sep 12, 2019
QuotaSystem:
As expected, everything about the difference in strategic importance of the different food products flew over your head.

P. S The government generates a lot of money from leather, so taxing the practitioners instead of giving them incentives to encourage and boost production will hurt and not help government revenue generation.

How much do pigs bring in? Don't flatter yourself.

Facts only.

Lots of money indeed from leather, we all know in this country that the cow skin is converted to kpomo and consumed, it is even so alarming that the government is begging people to stop, the till date, Nigeria is importing all sorts of kpomo,.

Go to the abattoir and check how many of the cows killed in a day, and show me who has time to start the process of converting the skin to leather, obviously you lied. Nobody has that time there.

Then also, it has been proving over and over, that the owners of those cows are the rich Alhajis, why will the government not tax them as they are raking in billions, as it is completely private business that has fully developed, yet neglecting the part of the husbandry trying trying too develop.

Let me tell you, the government does not generate lots of money from any cow skin in Nigeria, if it has been as you claimed, we won't be borrowing to pay salaries as we would have been exporting leather.

I would have gone on and on but I looked at your moniker, I have to stop here so I don't confuse a "quota system" brain as its obvious there's a limit to its understanding of events.

Good bye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank Set To Approve $1.5 Billion Loan To Nigeria / Merger: We Are Ready To Join ACN/CPC Talks -APGA ! / Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.