Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks (40838 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks: Wizkid Slams Celebrities For Dumb Stupid Comments / Toke Makinwa Blasted On Social Media Over Comment On Xenophobic Attacks / Daddy Freeze Boycotts South African Products Over Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 10, 2019
Saheed9:
Own goal is a goal
Correct.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Caseless: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2019

She pointed out that the spirit of ubuntu was strong after hurricane Idai devastated Mozambique earlier this year and that many South Africans knew how to help their fellow Africans.
"South Africans have lived with different nationalities and supported other nations. It is sad to see this because I know South Africans are good people."

they avoid talking about how other African nations helped them.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by SoNature(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2019
Esseite:
35 new jobs lost from one store, while they claim the xenophobic act is as a result of unemployment..

By the time they are done, unemployment may be double of what it is now.

I think we are personalizing these xenophobic attacks too much in Nigeria.

If you followed the incident on Al Jazeera, you would notice that the mobs looted the shops of fellow South Africans and foreign nationals...there were no exceptions. Al Jazeera reporter said it was as a result of unemployment.

So, my point is, even though they were affected too, Nigerians were not the only victims of the attacks.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by ada9ja(f): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:
This was one of the biggest hits in Nigeria in 1986.

Yvonne Chaka Chaka - Umqombothi (1986)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl-kqz8CWaU

Thanks for this

It reminded me of great Nigeria soon
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by SEGLIZ: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2019
Danobi5920:

I asked you a question. What is the difference between what this woman suffered because of her people and what hardworking igbos suffered during the looting in Lagos? undecided

learn to bridle your tongue..........

you want the difference right then take these......

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 7:44am On Sep 10, 2019
Tallesty1:
For real?

Yep. If Austin Okocha can be 42 then or course I can be 29. grin

That mannequin on the floor at the entrance looks molested to me
That exact same thing went through my mind.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2019
iAudio:
most of them here were born from 1990. The day I found out I was arguing with someone who was about to write WAEC was the day I gave up. I don't argue with them anymore. No matter how ignorant a comment is, I will just say "yes it's true" .

Yes it's true sad
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2019
Ishilove:

Yep. If Austin Okocha can be 42 then or course I can be 29. grin

That exact same thing went through my mind.

Are you married, Love?
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 7:52am On Sep 10, 2019
IbrahimSkiba:

Are you married, Love?
That's a rather strange question coming from a female. Why do you ask?
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by PETUK(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2019
Ishilove:
Nope. I was still in my mother's womb
Smallie
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by naptu2: 7:52am On Sep 10, 2019
Ishilove:

grin grin cheesy
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:54am On Sep 10, 2019
Ishilove:

Oops.

My bad.

Just felt like asking.

Probably shooting my shot. embarassed
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by favour32(m): 7:56am On Sep 10, 2019
iAudio:
most of them here were born from 1990. The day I found out I was arguing with someone who was about to write WAEC was the day I gave up. I don't argue with them anymore. No matter how ignorant a comment is, I will just say "yes it's true" .
Yes bro!
Most nairalanders are kids who are very much dependent.
Their comments are filled with vitriolic and tribal inclinations! Most of them are extremely volatile to use the hate language.
This generation being far from parental guidance,led most to be faceless and mentally unstable, insult elders without hesitation due to poor upbringing/backgrounds.
If you are a smart elder,it is easy to know these kids on this platform. X-ray comments and boom!
You have your answers!
Don't argue with them
The silent treatment is the best option against them.
During Chaka Chaka days,most of them were not born,so, you can see that from comments related to her daughter's shop being looted.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 7:58am On Sep 10, 2019
IbrahimSkiba:

Oops.

My bad.

Just felt like asking.

Probably shooting my shot. embarassed
Shooting your shot?? I'm flattered but I'll pass. I'm not gay.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2019
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2019
PETUK:

Smallie
The young shall grow
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 10, 2019
The most Dangerous Wild Animals on Earth...

1) Black Mamba

2) Salt Water Crocodile

3) The Great white Shark

4) The Box Jelly fish

5) South Africans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by masseratti: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

naptu the legend... Lolzzzz
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 10, 2019
Ishilove:

so is ishi being propositioned by a gay or a yahoo boy or a troll?

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by greatermeme: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Waoh.
Yvonne, one of my favorite...
Let me go on YouTube to refreshen memories.
Read my signature.

Do not measure your life by another persons life but rather Measure your today against your yesterday.
Good Morning FAM
Your fave song? As if, you were borne then!
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Flygeriansteve: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

Lol.
This, Stimela, Me To You, Thank You Mr DeeJay are some of the ones I can remember.

I wasn’t born in the 80’s but the 90’s was equally a renaissance for African music. Angelique Kidjo, Salif Keita, Papa Wemba, Fela, Lucky Dube...

Still dive in when I want to get a dose of nostalgia
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by femi4: 8:36am On Sep 10, 2019
overdrive:
Thank you mr dj for playing my song. Thank you thank you
I work hard every day To make my beer (Umqombothi)
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by deolumike(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

classic!
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by delishpot: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

Nigeria broke her heart when they pirated her songs and sold millions of copies yet a cent did not enter her hands. She had to stop her music from officially entering naija markets. What a shame.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2019
ornicus:

so is ishi being propositioned by a gay or a yahoo boy or a troll?
I should think a bit of all grin
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Mizwisdom(f): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2019
Something is confusing me about South Africans, they don't speak English to themselves but they write in English to themselves grin

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by doggedfighter(f): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

Thanks for this naputu2. So refreshing ! cool
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by winkmart: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

Thank you. I just downloaded.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by SEGLIZ: 9:38am On Sep 10, 2019
greatermeme:
Your cartoon makes sense to only shallow-minded people like you!

people like you at my last check, with deep rooted mind are always found out to be..............check below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Shares Stunning Pictures / Ayo Adesanya Returns To Her Secondary School 32 Years Later / Anna Ebiere Shows Off Her Daughter With Singer Flavour (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.