Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,469 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

So What If Nigeria Helped South Africa With Apartheid? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So What If Nigeria Helped South Africa With Apartheid? (214 Views)

Apartheid May Return To South Africa If AU, Others Don’t Address Xenophobia Now / #xenophobia: How Nigeria Spent $61BN To Free South Africa From Apartheid / Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So What If Nigeria Helped South Africa With Apartheid? by OruExpress: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2019
Did we do it because it was the right thing to do or because we expect their gratitude in perpetuity?

I hear a lot of people talk about how much Nigeria helped South African blacks during apartheid in response to the xenophobic attacks. The more I hear it the more it reminds me of every day life in Nigeria.

The idea of debt in perpetuity is a very real aspect of Nigeria life. We have used it to create a living hell for ourselves along with its cousin 'only people that treat me well deserve anything'.
Because of this a person can do 1 good deed for you and except slave like behavior for the rest of your life. A person can show you kindness and feel entitled to you never opposing them ever again. How many of our politicians want us to clap for them because they have done their ordinary job? Put their faces on the regular things they provide with public money?

If we helped South Africa become freedom only for south Africa to not have the freedom to act against us then we didnt help them. A hero for applause is a stage actor.

What's happening in South Africa is a crime against humanity, but please leave 'we helped them' out of it. We should never feel bad about doing good, even if the people we do good for are spiteful to us.
Re: So What If Nigeria Helped South Africa With Apartheid? by majamajic(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2019
u just write up nonsense !!

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Second Batch Of Nigerians To Leave South Africa On September 14th / Nigerian Government Needs To Gain Credibility With Citizens To Ensure More Tax.. / Nigeria’s PR Strategist Alexreports Joins United Nations Affiliated Group(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.