Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) (60449 Views)

Ashura Procession In Katsina: Police, Shi’ite Members In Bloody Clash / Ashura Procession: One Dead, Others Injured As Police Fire At Shiites (Graphic) / Shiites Hold Ashura Procession In Abuja Despite Police Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by onadana: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
Levant:
The IGP yesterday threatened Nigerian citizens with death if they embark on a peaceful religious procession. After killing people on the procession, media houses will be reporting that Shi'ites "clashed" with police. After that threat, whatever happens today should not be regarded as a "clash" but an assault and attack on Shi'ites.

What happens to the government declaration that they are banning an organization and not the Shi'ite religion? Is this not a religious procession? Why forcefully disperse them? Where is the respect for freedom of religion? Is it not the same Ashura procession that takes place here in the heart of London peacefully? Does the British police attack Shi'ites during their procession? Or are Nigerians now living in Wahhabi Saudi Arabia? There is freedom of religion in Nigeria and there is religious tolerance.

This rubbish of attacking peaceful religious processions should stop.

Will they be less Shi'ites if they do not embark on the procession?The police warned them not to.The leaders of these groups and their families are all safe and sound.

1 Like

Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by justy15: 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
They should take their protests to Iran
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Marcuz(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
onadana:

Will they be less Shi'ites if they do not embark on the procession?The police warned them not to.The leaders of these groups and their families are all safe and sound.
simonlee:
You have been proscribed as terrorists but you still went ahead to hold procession despite several warnings. i don't blame the police for any life lost here! angry
simonlee:
You have been proscribed as terrorists but you still went ahead to hold procession despite several warnings. i don't blame the police for any life lost here! angry
simonlee:
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by judetov2(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
simonlee:
You have been proscribed as terrorists but you still went ahead to hold procession despite several warnings. i don't blame the police for any life losit here! angry
,.....j Luv this
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by judetov2(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
wizod:
Attacking people who are observing a[b]peaceful religious service[/b]. One day another story will be told
u self na wao
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Mrexcell(m): 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
Mrsoundoro:
More people are been killed and injured by the Nigeria police across all state because of Ashura really.

Ashura is a religious observance for Muslims all over the world. Ashura literally means tenth, and it is celebrated on the 10th day of Muharram, first month on the Islamic calendar.

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Shams_Alshirazy/status/1171317225145479168

https://gidifeed.com/more-photos-of-dead-and-injured-people-during-nigeria-ashura/

Islam and blood goes together
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by babajero(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
simonlee:
If activities of sunni Muslims are proscribed would you say the same thing? Or Fulani herdsmen that are Sunnis has their activities been proscribed?

1 Like

Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Yankee101: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
simonlee:

Only a fool will laugh because a flood washed away his neighbour's house.

It's coming near you.

When the police are given impunity to shoot ipob and shites what makes you think they won't shoot regular citizens for no just cause?

And you still wonder why they call everyone yahoo boy and shoot them at will?

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by truthmerchant(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
At the end of the day, the police have no justification for doing this. There are better and more civil ways of handling them whether they are terrorist or not. We can not be behaving like animals in this computer age. Really really shameful indeed. I just want to hide my head as a Nigerian. What will south Africans be saying when they see what our police are doing to their own citizens not foreigners?

1 Like

Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
stormborn28:
Boko Haram started like this till today we have not seen the revelation
You are right, it's well bro.
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by seangy4konji: 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
Naija..na live bullet.

Hongkomg protested for over two months. Block every where. Jot a soul was lost
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by airminem(f): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
simonlee:
Eg. Ipob abi?
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Evercurious(f): 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2019
calyto:
Who is blood thirsty here?

The police that was killed for being a police man the last time you people ran mad? Or you guys that have been proscribed but you want to show the govt that you're above the law like you always do?

I'm sure you're one of those gyelesu boys

PLS GO TO YOU POOH SEAT
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Evercurious(f): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
RZArecta:
God will punish you. Amen

No bother ..God don punish am already

1 Like

Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Evercurious(f): 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
Uteghe:

Cry all day if you want but the procession was that of terrorist IMN Zaky photo is evidence.

WAILING WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD. AMEN
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by TommyAnthem(m): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
Are there no shiites in the Nigeria armed forces, just being curious.
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Uteghe(m): 2:18am On Sep 11, 2019
Evercurious:

WAILING WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD. AMEN
Back to sender a zillion times in Jesus name. Amen,amen. Fire!!!!
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by CodeTemplar: 3:36am On Sep 11, 2019
simonlee:
One simple question.
Why haven't law enforcement agents clashed with the other Islamic sect who block roads on a weekly basis after they clashed with Shi'ite?
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by jubangha(m): 5:57am On Sep 11, 2019
FreddyKruger:
In 2015, the North said "sai baba buhari or death" and ever since then they've been dying left, right centre. Still 4yrs later them still mumu themselves and were yelling "sai baba or death" again. Now the death is coming in multiple folds from bokoharam to fulani terrorist bandits to NPF. I hope they'll still be people left in the north by 2023.
my broda na next level things oh,we still dry watch were the next level dey carry dem go ,sai baba till 2023
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Evercurious(f): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2019
Uteghe:

Back to sender a zillion times in Jesus name. Amen,amen. Fire!!!!

I never knew you loved life... And you could think such in this situation? MY DEAR WAILING WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE IN SUCH REALM.AMEN AND AMEN
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Uteghe(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2019
Evercurious:

I never knew you loved life... And you could think such in this situation? MY DEAR WAILING WILL NEVER DEPART FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE IN SUCH REALM.AMEN AND AMEN
You are under me in Jesus name. You pray in no name oh half moon worshipper,but I stand the name that is above every other name...JESUS. Who died and ressurected. Fire!!!
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Evercurious(f): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2019
Uteghe:

You are under me in Jesus name. You pray in no name oh half moon worshipper,but I stand the name that is above every other name...JESUS. Who died and ressurected. Fire!!!

So you now know how to pretend to be a Christian (Christ like) binding and casting yourself when and because it has to do with your household.Right? Sorry i m so far ABOVE you. Its obvious. Conscience is free of charge. You dont have to be a Christian to have one.. FIND YOURS IF YOU HAVE MISPLACED YOURS AND USE IT
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by calyto: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ok I will go back.

If you continue being deviants and public nuisance, the armed forces will continue to kill you.

We don't care about your useless outcry over here.

We have other better things to think about.

Yan kwaya kawai

Evercurious:

PLS GO TO YOU POOH SEAT
Re: Ashura Procession In Nigeria: Dead And Injured People (Graphic Photos) by Arda1000(m): 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
simonlee:
all those little kids,get sense guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London / We Would Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge - Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta / Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.