Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards (51689 Views)

If You Are Growing Beards As A Woman, This Is How You Handle It / Doctor Olufunmilayo: "3 Minutes Is Enough For Sex, You Don't Need Drugs At All" / Grow Your Beards And Hairs On Your Bald Hair With This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by spartoo: 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
MyBeardGang:
A lot of people prefer picking the blessing of having beards to any material item - just to show you how desperate people can be about growing beards. In this article, I'll point out the things guys without beards don't know.

If you have not grown a single beard in your life before, there's quite a lot of things that are involved in it which you need to know about. Beard consists of numerous secrets — yes! Secret; I'm not trying to be figurative about that statement.

Here are a couple of things guys without beards don't know:

Ready? Let's ride.

Things Guys Without Beards Don't Know

About two years ago, I was discussing with one of my childhood friends with whom I saw at a shopping mall.

Just so we could comfortably discuss, we had to look for a place to sit.

In the middle of the conversation, I was forced to ask him this:

“How have you been with your girlfriend?”

Without him going back and forth, he said, “I don't have a girlfriend right now; the funny part is, one looked straight to my face and said that I'm not her mate - because I don't even have a beard.

...I'm becoming desperate about growing beards.

...my friend, this thing is gradually killing my self-confidence.”

Mark that word “Self-Confidence.” So, guys are not aware of the fact that growing beards can, in a drastic measure, increase the rate of their self-confidence — one of the important things guys without beards don't know and should know.

That brings us to the number one of the Things Guys Without Beards Don't Know.

Ready to know about them? Let's hit it.

1. Builds Your Self-Confidence

Men who are bold and have more confidence in themselves usually tend to be more successful in every aspect of their lives. According to [url=jebiga.com]Jebiga[/url], beard makes a man have a sense of confidence. And it becomes noticeable to everyone around him. Having beards gives a man a sense of power, too.

Let's even think about it for a minute. Why would a girl ask a guy such question?

Well, one shouldn't blame the girl, because, without beards, a 30-year-old man can look 21. So, it's essential that the man should sort out for possible ways through which he can grow beards within a short period of time.

Instead of the girl asking, “Am I your mate,” it changes to: “you're the kind of guy I have been praying for; I love older guys...”

Whereas if you check very well, she might be his senior.

A major benefit of growing beards can be squeezed out from the short story I told.

Therefore, you should know that taking the decision that you want to start growing beards is another way for a man to set for himself a higher standard beneficial to his person. And with such decision of growing beards, he's likely to become more confident and upbeat.

Let's move to other areas.

2. Blocks UV Rays

Extensive scientific research has disclosed that thick beards have the ability to prevent the sun's UV rays from the skin. Beards don't only prevent your skin from the UV rays of the sun, they also keep cancer away from your skin.

3. Shaving Gives You Acne

If you have grown a few beards, then it's not incorrect to say that you have a really smooth skin beneath the facial hair. According to ThoughtCatalogue, shaving your face gives the bacteria that causes acne to spread. This simply means that healthily growing your beards and maintaining it properly improves the health of the skin on your face.

4. Keeping Beards can mean your romance life is amazing

This number got you wondering, right? You're already asking yourself, “how exactly can keeping beards be related to a great romance life?” Well, that's why this article is for you.

According to a book named The Dependent Gene, when one indulges in sex more often, the secretion of testosterone increases. And this is likely to impact to beard growth too. Because the more the testosterone level in you, the higher the possibility of beard sprouting on your face.

The telegram writes: "Facial hair, or beardedness, is a powerful sociosexual signal, and an obvious biological marker of sexual maturity."

5. Beards Can Assist Those With Asthma

Similar to the prevention of throat disease, beards effectively provide another barrier between your body — skin — and toxic exposures. "If you have a reactive airway condition just like asthma, [a beard provides] an additional filter before [toxins] enter your lungs,"

One of the things that indicate maturity is the presence of beards; but even though you don't have beards, you can still grow beards without hassle.

Keep Bearding!

https://mybeardgang.com/shocking-things-you-dont-know-about-growing-beards/

Nonsense.
What's amazing about everything stated up there?

1 Like

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by JeogahII(m): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
One of the dumbest thread I came across recently. How does beard increase my self confidence as a guy? What is your own definition of self confidence even? I don't keep beard and I don't feel less, why should I?
Any lady that won't love me beardless, is not meant to be part of my world. So if that your guy is without a girl, there is something more to it than beard (that's if the story is true).

2 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by etrange: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
If you need beards to boost your self confidence, then there's a problem...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by etrange: 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
tayooluwole:
Shaving off my beard has been hiding my handsomeness since all these while, now that I grow clean beard people now call me big boy even though I got no shishi for account...omo beard make sense for guys just as buttock make sense for ladies

They call you big boy, you don't have a penny and you're carrying beard upandan to cover up?

More like, beards now hide your physical and financial ugliness ���
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
grin. There are more reason that is why prophet Muhammed ask men to leave beard.

1 Like

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by LordMayor018: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2019
Rubbish, the thing that makes them looks like escape terrorist
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by ogawisdom(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
Beard are for kids that want to look mature

Move this trashy thread to kids section abeg
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by BigBabyJesus: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
US Special forces deployed to Afghanistan who liaised with local war Lords to defeat the Taliban and Al Qaeda where ordered by their commanders to grow a beard in order to gain the respect of the locals. They call it Tac-Beard as in tactical beard.

This is where all the beard fad started.

US Special forces till this day are allowed to grow and keep beards.

Prior to this, anybody sporting a beard was rightly assumed to be a bum or a hippy or both.

Goes to show you how the right people can make the obscure and rejected appear as the norm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Rexraph18(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2019
How can I groom my beards with traditional remedies?
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Architectsly: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
MyBeardGang:

You have a point. Truth is not everyone can grow beards, but a lot of people do not even know they can grow.

Some people will wait for beards to sprout on their faces before they conclude. What if the beards do not come out? A little consultation with a hair care professional can help determine if you can grow beards or not.

How?
Please throw more light...
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by BigBabyJesus: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
Kokoebapluse:
grin. There are more reason that is why prophet Muhammed ask men to leave beard.

Nah. Having a clean shave back then could kill you as you might pickup an infection like Tetanus.

Also, Slaves where expected to keep a clean shave and be bald to distinguish them from free men. Mohican haircuts were reserved for slaves as well as those funny bald hair Chinese haircuts which were decreed by the Mongolian conquerors of China who forced every male China man from 12 and above to barb the center of their head bald and keep long hair to the back and sides
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Tulsaguy: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
Actually don't know if keeping beard would fit me earlier.... until Faceapp gimme beauty sense.

I de kip am wella now
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by XavierD(f): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2019

Beard gang is the appearance of unintelligent men

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by iPresh4s(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
Wow

I never knew beards could make me rich and important.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by JeffreyJames(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
I think I just lost some of my intelligence reading this nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Goddyj(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
No more shaving henceforth cheesy

Now I know the value of what I have shocked
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by ebukanwabu247: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
Please Admin or MyBeardGang: You should verify a lot of things that are posted here. A lot of information on this post are baseless, without proof.
Thanks
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by MyBeardGang: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
Rexraph18:
How can I groom my beards with traditional remedies?

Shoot me an email bro.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by MyBeardGang: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
ebukanwabu247:
Please Admin or MyBeardGang: You should very a lot of things that are posted here. A lot of information on this post are baseless, without proof.
Thanks

You should do your research Sir.

You are talking to a hair care professional.

Let me know your facts too.

Regards.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by MyBeardGang: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2019
Architectsly:

How?
Please throw more light...

What exactly do you want to know.

Ask your questions.

Regards
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by deltateam: 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
Op you didn't add that those that have beards can chew on the beards when they are hungry.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
Islam is right after all...

Muslim people have been keeping their bearded face since time immemorial..

Now, we will soon discover the benefits of wearing Hijab

3 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by meobizy(f): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2019
A beard is only the latest male fashion trend. The highest it communicates to me is financial freedom because guys with 9 - 5s are heavily discouraged from growing them unless when based in the north of Nigeria.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by tayooluwole: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
etrange:

They call you big boy, you don't have a penny and you're carrying beard upandan to cover up?

More like, beards now hide your physical and financial ugliness ���

Na so bro...my financial ugliness is under cover
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Boombaby: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
Beard store germs. I find it disgusting.

Imagine okro soup in beard, then add toothpaste and pus.y juice etc caught in the beards. Disgusting to say the least. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
adecz:

In Nigeria, beard don become hot topic as if beards were discovered in Nigeria

Before, na jolloff rice argument.

Na olosho, shaku- shaku slay gehls dey take beards seriously. Make de guy chop pepper soup, come go down on you, na him you go sabi ..
In the modern world, it is associated more with terrorism

Which richest or powerful men in this world dey keep am?
All this na joblessness dey cause am.

Who bear-bear help?
I can feel ur pains. it is well with your beardless soul

4 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Biritiko: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
adecz:

In Nigeria, beard don become
hot topic as if beards were discovered
in Nigeria

Na olosho, shaku- shaku slay gehls dey
take beards seriously. Make de guy chop
pepper soup, come go down on you, na him
you go sabi ..

In the modern world, it is associated more
with terrorism

Which richest or powerful men in this
world dey keep am?

Who bear-bear help?
You’re obviously a Christian intolerant fanatic.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Daviddson(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
LordMayor018:
Rubbish, the thing that makes them looks like escape terrorist
JeffreyJames:
I think I just lost some of my intelligence reading this nonsense.
ogawisdom:
Beard are for kids that want to look mature

Move this trashy thread to kids section abeg
PapaAdanna:
This is the most stupid post of the year
Gentlemen, go and grow beards and stop hatinggrin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Reeb2244: 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
adecz:

[s]In Nigeria, beard don become
hot topic as if beards were discovered
in Nigeria

Na olosho, shaku- shaku slay gehls dey
take beards seriously. Make de guy chop
pepper soup, come go down on you, na him
you go sabi ..

In the modern world, it is associated more
with terrorism

Which richest or powerful men in this
world dey keep am?

Who bear-bear help?[/s]
This one is pained for not having beard. Pray you have when you reach the age to have it.

Your beardless brothers have given you the likes you want. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Dagger111(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
ednut1:
I shave my bia bia everyweak. No time grin.

Every weak u said, and dats why u are always weak weekly after shaving. tongue tongue
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by fishbone11(m): 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
Wake me up the day Aliko Dagote, Bill gate, Mark Zukerberg etc start growing Beards then I will know growing Beards is part of success in life.
Re: 5 Shocking Things You Don't Know About Growing Beards by Apus: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
Although I do not subscribe to some of the OP's reasons for growing a beard (e.g attracting d opposite sex), there is absolutely no reason to criticise those who do. That beard growth being the exclusive preserve of ex-convicts is now an old cliché as people from all walks of life, both the rich and the poor now grow beards depending on preference and comfort. I have seen very responsible people sporting a beard. I for one keep my beard because it fits me and boosts my good look. Come on, if you can't abuse a woman for growing her hair, I see no reason why men are being attacked for their preference in keeping a beard.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breast Cancer Survivor Bares It All On Red Carpet: Media React (photo) / My Brother's Fiancee Sent This Text To Him This Evening / Why Do Bricklayers, Bike Riders, Butchers, Agbero And Drivers Love This Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.