Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament (7417 Views)

Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / WTO: European Parliament Backs Okonjo-iweala, Says She’s Well-equipped / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by meethumb: 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
Leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra ,IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Tuesday visited the European Parliament in Brussels where he made strong case for the restoration of Biafra Republic.

Kanu who was at Brussels on the invitation of EU Parliament was accompanied by top ranking IPOB members.

Below is a full text of his address to the EU Parliament which was made available to news men by IPOB Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful:

BIAFRA BRIEFING FOR THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT...

Nigeria in Crisis

There is a crisis in Nigeria. The Nigerian State has never been at peace with itself and recent events amplify this pending emergency.

And, as has been the case since independence from Britain in 1960, Biafrans are the easy target of the lack of a credible Nigerian state. Nigeria governs without the consent of all within its borders. Nigeria claims to be ruled by law, but in effect there is a de facto lawlessness in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s epidemic of violence flowing from the North is well documented. In 2014 the Global Terrorism Index judged Fulani militants to be the fourth most deadly terror group in the world, behind Boko Haram, Isis and the Taliban.

Lawlessness is always one step ahead of the Government. In response, the Government, when it is convenient for it to do so, attempts to give a veneer of legality to the lawlessness. Recent proposed land reforms across Nigeria do just that. The Fulani herders from the North are increasingly encroaching on the settled farmers of the South/South East. This includes Biafra. As Amnesty International has reported, there were more than 2,000 deaths in 2018 linked to this land crisis. Instead of seeking to address the violence, the Government has sought to condone it and legitimise the land grab.

There is an underlying problem in the North which has to do with climate change and encroaching desertification due to overgrazing and deforestation. This has drawn Fulani herdsmen further south and led to violence against Biafran farmers seeking to defend their land and crops. The fertile farming lands of Biafra are very attractive to the Fulani.

To address this land crisis, the Government, the President of which is Fulani, sought to establish the RUGA scheme (an acronym for Rural Grazing Area – or is it, as some suggest, a Fulani word?) whereby Fulani herders could officially move into areas and absorb land as part of a Government co-ordinated programme across Nigeria.

Is this an attempt to develop settled land practices for the Fulani, or, as is the experience of Biafrans, is the drive behind RUGA an attempt to Fulanise (or Islamise) Biafraland and force out Biafrans? Biafrans who stand up to the Fulani are killed. Because of the uproar across Nigeria, the RUGA settlement programme has been suspended, but the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) remains in place. This programme advocates ranching. How different is it from RUGA? For Biafrans the effect is the same. They are forced from their land and will be killed if they do not make way for the Fulani.

Nigeria: The Problem, Not the Solution
Nigeria has always been a fiction. The state we now know as Nigeria was created for British administrative and colonial convenience in 1914. An audacious move by the British, but no surprises in Empire. Britain’s Nigeria drew together disparate people into one entity.

To over simplify, to the North are the Muslims. Two ethnic groups dominate the North, the Hausa and Fulani. The Fulani are now in the ascendency. One hundred years ago these were semi-nomadic, pastoral people. Many Fulani continue to live as herders. The South is mainly Christian and in the South East there is also a vibrant Jewish tradition. The rural communities in the South/South East tend to be settled farmers. The principal ethnic group in the South is the Yoruba.

The South East is the region that makes up Biafraland or Biafra. There is a coherence to Biafra. Its western border is the River Niger and it incorporates most of the Niger delta. The eastern border is Cameroon. To the west, across the Niger, are the Yoruba. In the north are the Muslim people. Despite colonisation and being forcibly absorbed into Nigeria, Biafrans are defined by common values and a shared sense of identity. Biafrans don’t all speak the same language. Many Biafrans are Igbo speakers. Other Biafrans speak Urhobo-Isoko, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Efik, Annang, Eket-, Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, Igala, Idoma, Ibani and Igbanke among others.

To put Biafra in its Nigerian geo-political context, Biafraland is made up of the following Provinces: Rivers Province, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Imo, Anambra, Abia, Enugu, Bayelsa and Delta. Fulani herdsman have shown great interest in those provinces that form the central belt of Biafra, such as Enugu.

The Biafran War (1967-1970)
With independence, the persecution of Biafrans started. One colonial master was replaced by another, although, and without endorsing British rule, Biafrans fared better under the British than they have under Nigerian dominance.

First, the Biafrans who had been transplanted to the North by the British were massacred. Those that survived fled back to Biafra. The oppression and intimidation did not cease. In 1967, Biafra was left with no choice but to proclaim independence. Nigeria declared war.

Biafra didn’t stand a chance. The conflict turned the Cold War on its head. The Soviet Union and Britain actively supported Nigeria. “Biafra, Britain’s Shame” was how many described the UK position. French compassion was gratefully received but it could do little to protect the fledgling state. America’s neutrality in effect backed Nigeria. China was silent. The UN was hopeless. Biafra was doomed. Starved into submission, after three years the Biafrans surrendered. At least 2 million Biafrans perished.

The atrocities, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against Biafra during the Biafran War remain unaccounted for. Was it an attempt at genocide? Biafrans were considered an existential threat to the state. The killings were indiscriminate. All Biafrans were targeted.

Biafra Subjugated
After the war, Biafrans slowly rebuilt their world. But, as far as Nigeria was concerned, they were not and never had been Biafrans. They were Nigerians from the South East or Igbo-speaking Nigerians. The Biafran War was airbrushed out of the Nigerian consciousness. Biafrans could only whisper about their loss. Joining the global Biafran diaspora was one option for those who could get out. Others remained in Biafraland, their Biafran identity amongst themselves, undiminished.

Nigeria continues to prioritise crushing assertions of Biafran identity. Even peacefully commemorating the War risks arrest, detention, prohibited ill-treatment or being shot.

In recent years the Nigerian state authorities have conducted three orchestrated campaigns against Biafrans. The three Operation Python Dance campaigns have been battles against Biafrans. The first campaign was in 2016, the second in 2017 and the third is ongoing. They are designed to undermine calls for Biafran self-determination.

Operation Python Dance campaigns intimidate. Serious and systemic human rights violations are carried out by state forces with impunity.

Read more: https://abacityblog.com/2019/09/10/biafra-read-full-speech-of-nnamdi-kanu-as-he-addresses-the-european-parliament/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Tonnexy: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ohamadike

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by richmind2019(m): 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
Keep fighting for division but u will neva succeed in dividing Nigerian people..
What have you done to enrich the lives of your people, what job have u created.... Nonsense.
Stop playing hide and seek com back to Nigeria and face the government like everyone else.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by horsepower101: 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
richmind2019:
Keep fighting for division but u will neva succeed in dividing Nigerian people..
What have you done to enrich the lives of your people, what job have u created.... Nonsense.

Who is Nigerian people. Answer your father’s name.

Lugard is a fellow human being like me. He has no right to come from Europe and name me like an animal.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by dunkem21(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2019
cool
Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by omenka(m): 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
Where are the pictures of him addressing the parliament? Ipob that I know would milk such an opportunity for propaganda to death. Yet, we get only some lengthy edict which I doubt anyone would read?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by ZZ22: 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
richmind2019:
Stop playing hide and seek com back to Nigeria and face the government like everyone else.
The people he is fighting for are not complaining, why should be the one wailing on their behalf

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Adaibeku(f): 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
richmind2019:

Hw many jobs has ur dapplegangar president given to nigerians with the trillions of dollars he piled up for fulanis unborn , Has he not sucked nigerdeltan Commonwealths to stupor !
Just lastweek more than 200,000 Individuals were sacked from banking cum co-operative sectors ,
............Is obvious you be aboki unity beggar or urhobo itshekiri, Wake nelson mandela up from grave and ask him hw many jobs he gave south africans during apartheid struggles!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Nasa28(m): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
richmind2019:

Things have fallen apart, the center cannot hold. The country has been together since 1914, yet no development. If we can't practice true federalism, what is our next option?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Upton: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nothing will happen to Nigeria, it takes more than going to Brussels to divide a country.

On a lighter note, where will Edo now stand? Will Edo be a country on it's own? Because we don't want to join oduduwa republic o. It's better we remain one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by IGBOSON1: 11:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
horsepower101:

Who is Nigerian people. Answer your father’s name.

Lugard is a fellow human being like me. He has no right to come from Europe and name me like an animal.

Thankyou my brother!

God made me Igbo! While the pirate Lugard made me a Nigerian!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2019
Only IPOB illiterates will believe this news.
Where is the live pictures of the EU parliament? Where is the video of the session?
Ndi ara!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Banmeallday: 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Thankyou my brother!

God made me Igbo! While the pirate Lugard made me a Nigerian!

GBAM!!!

You are an Igbo/Biafran...not a Nigger Nigerian!!!

Even Satan knows that sounds much better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by brainbox80: 11:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
UdechiHD:
Where is the live pictures of the EU parliament? Where is the video dof the session?
Ndi ara!

Even CNN has the news, INUGO

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by omenka(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
UdechiHD:
Where is the live pictures of the EU parliament? Where is the video of the session?
Ndi ara!
When they have Brexit to deal with, I wonder who would have the time to listen to an address from a nobody.

Kanu goes on a tourist trip to places just about anyone has access to and these guys make it appear like some kind of extraordinary official engagement.

The same EU parliament that couldn't do it for Catalonia after all that happened in Spain, with the secessionist leaders exiled from Europe, is what these kids are getting overly giddy about.

Sometimes I feel really sorry for them. The desperate need to have a figure to look up to has made them embrace this one, no matter its impropriety.

Where is the deal he said he signed and would make public just before the elections? Didnt he tell his followers Trump extended an invitation to him to visit the WH the other time? Cant these people just see this dude is leveraging on their emotions to swindle them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by gwarotango: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
I recall just recently this fraudster of a man claimed that Buhari never visited Japan only for him to make a U turn and say that he had him surrounded in a hotel room. The terrorist also claimed that all the pictures we saw on the news coming out of the Japan summit were all government doctored photoshoots. I can see no pictures of him addressing anyone, nor can I see a video of him doing the same. Only a fool will follow Nnamdi Kanu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by gwarotango: 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
brainbox80:

Even CNN has the news, INUGO
And which CNN would that be? Apparently not the one the rest of us get in our living rooms sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by DeviIhimseIf: 12:00am On Sep 11, 2019
omenka:
When they have Brexit to deal with, I wonder who would have the time to listen to an address from a nobody.

Kanu goes on a tourist trip to places just about anyone has access to and these guys make it appear like some kind of extraordinary official engagement.

The same EU parliament that couldn't do it for Catalonia after all that happened in Spain, with the secessionist leaders exiled from Europe, is what these kids are getting overly giddy about.

Sometimes I feel really sorry for them. The desperate need to have a figure to look up to has made them embrace this one, no matter its impropriety.

Where is the deal he said he signed and would make public just before the elections? Didnt he tell his followers Trump extended an invitation to him to visit the WH the other time? Cant these people just see this dude is leveraging on their emotions to swindle them?
I stopped supporting ipob and Kanu for a long time now
I can't just allow my psych to be messed with

BTW I hate Buhari
it's natural and inbuilt grin

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by omenka(m): 12:08am On Sep 11, 2019
DeviIhimseIf:

I stopped supporting ipob and Kanu for a long time now
I can't just allow my psych to be messed with

BTW I hate Buhari
it's natural and inbuilt grin
You have the right to, but you dont have to hate the country because you hate it's president. That would be miscarriage of hate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 11, 2019
omenka:

Even in this post, you can see that he has a lot of zombies
Just look at the disgusting comments
What has the man done exactly??

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by DeviIhimseIf: 12:24am On Sep 11, 2019
omenka:
You have the right to, but you dont have to hate the country because you hate it's president. That would be miscarriage of hate.
nobody in this world hate his country
you can only hate the system and when change refuses to come it'll lead to some people clamoring for exit

after seeing this picture i realize that somehow we need two things
either peaceful exit
or total overhauling

there's no way this country will ever work with system like this
never

12 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:27am On Sep 11, 2019
omenka:
Words of an elder!

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:28am On Sep 11, 2019
Cownu and his urine licking followers on the beat.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by DeviIhimseIf: 1:33am On Sep 11, 2019
[s]
post=82115898:
Cownu and his urine licking followers on the beat.
[/s]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by speaktome(m): 1:34am On Sep 11, 2019
richmind2019:
[s]Keep fighting for division but u will neva succeed in dividing Nigerian people..
Stop playing hide and seek com back to Nigeria and face the government like everyone else.[/s]

If you don't have anything reasonable to say, just keep quiet �

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by DeviIhimseIf: 1:34am On Sep 11, 2019
[s]
post=82115889:

Words of an elder!
[/s]

10 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by ImperialYoruba: 1:51am On Sep 11, 2019
This presentation is very poor!

You don't go infront of a world body with grievance, all they would do is identify your issue as a dispute between parties and feel they must assign a peacemaker to resolve the dispute.

The following are lacking from the presentation:
First, who is Igbo? Give account that predate colonization, that you were an independent state that is older and rooted more than Nigeria.
Second, what happened to your land in the hand of colonizers.
Third, how colonizers unilaterally decided without your consent that you are now Nigerian
Fourth, tell them your own truthful struggle against the robbery of your nativity and independence
Fifth, share the Nigerian response to your fight for liberation

...I can go on to twenty or more points. Kanu should not be talking about Fulani or ruga. He should be focusing on Biafran liberation and telling the European delegates that Biafra have the right to demand its exit from a union of disharmony and disadvantage in the same spirit which the European Union recognizes and ackowledges for BREXIT.

I am dissapointed in this presentation. E no swell my head at all at all!

I trust my Yoruba people. If Yoruba present a dissent against Nigeria the whole Council go stand up in awe and roar with applause. It will be oratory because we will bring our tonal accent into play and dramatize our love for diplomacy and tact.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by slam7000(m): 5:32am On Sep 11, 2019
If Kanu wrote and presented the above then I’m disappointed. He did a very bad job

The speech was incoherent. Non Nigerians wouldnt understand the content.

I have seen better speech from mazi Kanu.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:59am On Sep 11, 2019
They should continue fighting a war they can't win
Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by Seetto: 6:02am On Sep 11, 2019
Nnamdi KANU goofs seriously, he has finally killed biafran dream,

I said it, this guy is non to concrete cowardice...
Re: BIAFRA: Read Full Speech Of Nnamdi Kanu As He Addresses The European Parliament by uckennety(m): 6:03am On Sep 11, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
This presentation is very poor!

You don't go infront of a world body with grievance, all they would do is identify your issue as a dispute between parties and feel they must assign a peacemaker to resolve the dispute.

The following are lacking from the presentation:
First, who is Igbo? Give account that predate colonization, that you were an independent state that is older and rooted more than Nigeria.
Second, what happened to your land in the hand of colonizers.
Third, how colonizers unilaterally decided without your consent that you are now Nigerian
Fourth, tell them your own truthful struggle against the robbery of your nativity and independence
Fifth, share the Nigerian response to your fight for liberation

...I can go on to twenty or more points. Kanu should not be talking about Fulani or ruga. He should be focusing on Biafran liberation and telling the European delegates that Biafra have the right to demand its exit from a union of disharmony and disadvantage in the same spirit which the European Union recognizes and ackowledges for BREXIT.

I am dissapointed in this presentation. E no swell my head at all at all!

I trust my Yoruba people. If Yoruba present a dissent against Nigeria the whole Council go stand up in awe and roar with applause. It will be oratory because we will bring our tonal accent into play and dramatize our love for diplomacy and tact.

Guy I liked and shared your comment at once because it's worth 1million likes!

I'm an igbo guy but I'm not a tout
That's all I can say 4 now

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inside Late Capt. Hosa Okunbo's Multi Billion Banana Island Home He Didn't Live / Implement Senate’s Resolution Immortalising Abiola – Tinubu ! / Should Prisoners Be Allowed To Vote?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.