Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

You Are Called To Lead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Called To Lead (628 Views)

TB Joshua’s Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Called To Lead by Joagbaje(m): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2010
And don’t let anyone put you down because you’re young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity (1 Timothy 4:12 MSG).

The Christians are the stewards of the message of Christ. We’re the ones He has authorized to carry forth His message to the people and teach them the same. This means that responsibility of leadership has been thrust upon us. Jesus has made us leaders; He’s made us light to shine in our world and show others the way.

To be a leader, you don’t necessarily have to be the head of an organization. Genesis 39:1-5 tells us about Joseph, who was a slave in the house of Potiphar, yet the Bible says he was a prosperous and effective man. He exhibited leadership qualities which distinguished him from all the other slaves and soon enough, he was put in charge of Potiphar’s whole estate.

Your greatness isn’t in the definition of your assignment, but in the quality of your spirit; the excellence of your character. Thus even as a janitor, cleaner, or manager in an organization, you can be so exceptional, exemplary and inspiring. To that organization, you become what the sons of Issachar were to the nation of Israel in 1 Chronicles 12:32: “And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment” You also know what needs to be done because you have understanding of the times.

Make up your mind to be that person that will excel in whatever he does. If you work for an organization, let your colleagues learn from you as they see you do more than you’re paid for. If you’re a politician, set an example for the other politicians and be forthright. No matter your vocation, let your proficiency be a testimony of the excellent spirit within you. As a parent, lay good examples for your children.

Wherever you go, let people see your mark as a child of God. You’ve been sent to lead, therefore be that worthy example! Teach those in your home, school, neighbourhood and workplace how to live and do things right through your words, character, love, faith and integrity.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a testimony and an example to everyone in my world! Today, through your grace and ability at work in me, I function with such an outstanding proficiency that everyone around me is inspired for excellence; and I’m teaching them how to live and do things right through my words, actions, character, love, faith and integrity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible            2 Timothy 4
Reading plan            Micah 6-7

2 Year Bible            James 2:1-26
Reading Plan           Ezekiel 28

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: You Are Called To Lead by PastorAIO: 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
So who exactly are the followers cos leaders must have followers?
Re: You Are Called To Lead by Joagbaje(m): 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2010
If you are a son of God, the spirit of leadership rest on you.

Deuteronomy 28:13
13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do[ them]:

It's a spirit of champion and excellence . Whatever you do, you should excel and be a trail blazer. Not lagging behind. Simply be the best of you
Re: You Are Called To Lead by newmi(m): 2:35am On Oct 29, 2010
We sur are called to Lead, l mean how else could one adequately explain the idea of us being the "Light of the world" according to the declarations of Jesus Christ in
Mt 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

and then Jesus Christ setting the pace and blazing the trail said of himself in
1John 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Now l have spent years meditating and endeavouring understand this scipture getting myself excited at the underscoring implicit conotations that is concealed in between the letter, only obvious to those who dare to acquire understanding. Jesus said as lond as am in the world, l am the light of the world.

To be the light of the world is emblematic of one thats vested with the role of leadership. Light is symbolic of clearity, then Jesus comes and says ", l am the light(clearity) of the world, " That means that He was saying that the world is in obscurity
without Him and though not many agree but none have sufficient evicence to proof otherswise.

Now Jesus Christ is gone from th earth
Mark 16:19 ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
but because Christ has reproduced Himself in us thus He prophetically called us the light of the world just like Himself, What does that make us LEADERS.

WE CALLED TO BE LEADERS IN EXHIBITING VIRTUES OF LOVE, KINDNESS, HONESTY, ETC.
WE ARE CALLED TO BE ARROR-HEADS IN EVERY SPHERE OF OUR ENDEAVOURS AS CHRISTIANS.

1 Peter2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

9 But you are a chosen race, a priesthood of kingly lineage, a holy nation, a people belonging specially to God, that you may make known the perfections of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light. (WNT)

9 But you are 'a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a consecrated nation, God's own People,' entrusted with the proclamation of the goodness of him who called you out of Darkness into his wonderful Light. (TCNT)
Re: You Are Called To Lead by newmi(m): 2:40am On Oct 29, 2010
Pastor AIO:

So who exactly are the followers cos leaders must have followers?

Well it's clear explicitly obvious that the christian is leading while the world is following. Or do have anyother analogy as to who you perhaps consider is leading and who is following?
Re: You Are Called To Lead by PastorAIO: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
So is the world actually following christianity?
Re: You Are Called To Lead by MyJoe: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2010
I'd really like to hear Joagbaje's answer to the question.
Re: You Are Called To Lead by carl8967: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
I agree that you when you are called to lead, you should do it to the best of your ability. It is what God has called you to do. When you are called to lead, God will also equip you to the the tasks that you need to do. It is really all about following his leading and leading in this way.
Re: You Are Called To Lead by Jenwitemi(m): 3:51am On Oct 30, 2010
Tut! Tut! Go easy on the ego tripping, brother! Too much delusion of grandeur is bad for your health and is very. . . anti-christ.
newmi:

Well it's clear explicitly obvious that the christian is leading while the world is following. Or do have anyother analogy as to who you perhaps consider is leading and who is following?
Re: You Are Called To Lead by Nobody: 4:23am On Oct 30, 2010
Joagbaje:

If you are a son of God, the spirit of leadership rest on you.

It's a spirit of champion and excellence . Whatever you do, you should excel and be a trail blazer. Not lagging behind. Simply be the best of you

Yes we know, but you will still be a follower of something then.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Raid Church / I Need A Pastor! / 72hrs PRAISE BEFORE ELECTION OF OUR NATION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.