Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim (1392 Views)

Relying On Allah: A Path To Ease And Provision / Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

Have we left plagiarism to talk about ghost writers?!
No, it's absurd to claim a book is not someone's thoughts but came from some imaginary being. You will have to prove this imaginary being to make your case valid.

I still wonder why some 21st century people still believe in this hokum.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by lanrexlan(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
No, it's absurd to claim a book is not someone's thoughts but came from some imaginary being. You will have to prove this imaginary being to make your case valid.

I still wonder why some 21st century people still believe in this hokum.
You are fond of shifting goalpost, it is your calling. You will NEVER agree you are wrong when cornered. You made a bogus claim that Quran is plagiarism, Sino went ahead to define plagiarism for you, prove to you that Quran isn't a plagiarized book cos it acknowledged the books before it whom they share similar stories. Instead of you to admit you goofed and corrected yourself, you are here digressing and making silly claims.

Tintingz, is it hard for you to say that "I am sorry, I made a mistake, Quran is not a plagiarized book. But I have another question, can you prove to me that Quran is the revelation from God? " That's how intelligent people dialogue!

Can't you admit you made bogus claims? This is not your first time or second time of doing the same. Trust me, that's not how knowledgeable people do. true2god is also accusing of the same thing on another thread. If you aren't sincere with yourself, how can you be sincere with others?

NB; I don't take you serious anymore. You are just a confused clown to me.

4 Likes

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 10:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
lanrexlan:
You are fond of shifting goalpost, it is your calling. You will NEVER agree you are wrong when cornered. You made a bogus claim that Quran is plagiarism, Sino went ahead to define plagiarism for you, prove to you that Quran isn't a plagiarized book cos it acknowledged the books before it whom they share similar stories. Instead of you to admit you goofed and corrected yourself, you are here digressing and making silly claims.

Tintingz, is it hard for you to say that "I am sorry, I made a mistake, Quran is not a plagiarized book. But I have another question, can you prove to me that Quran is the revelation from God? " That's how intelligent people dialogue!

Can't you admit you made bogus claims? This is not your first time or second time of doing the same. Trust me, that's not how knowledgeable people do. true2god is also accusing of the same thing on another thread. If you aren't sincere with yourself, how can you be sincere with others?

Plagiarism: the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

The stories in the Qur'an, are they from Muhammad's thoughts or he copied it from the Jewish texts?. Kindly answer this question.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2019
tintingz:

Plagiarism: the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

The stories in the Qur'an, are they from Muhammad's thoughts or he copied it from the Jewish texts?. Kindly answer this question.

I think i have to conclude you are truly a confused clown who is in love with baseless specious argument!

Did Muhammad ever claimed to be the author of the Qur'an?

This is your Logic.

1. The Christians/Jews claimed their scriptures were inspired by God.

2. Muhammad claimed his scripture was inspired too by God.

Conclusion: Muhammad Plagiarised the Christian/Jewish Scriptures since both scriptures had many similar characters.

If God revealed the Christian/Jewish Scriptures over thousands of years and Muslims believe the same God revealed the Qur'an within 23 years, don't we expect the Characters in both scriptures to be similar?

Finally, Muhammad never claimed authorship of the Qur'an. This is a figment of your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I think i have to conclude you are truly a confused clown who is in love with baseless specious argument!

Did Muhammad ever claimed to be the author of the Qur'an?

Who's the author of the Qur'an?

This is your Logic.

1. The Christians/Jews claimed their scriptures were inspired by God.

2. Muhammad claimed his scripture was inspired too by God.

Conclusion: Muhammad Plagiarised the Christian/Jewish Scriptures since both scriptures had many similar characters.

If God revealed the Christian/Jewish Scriptures over thousands of years and Muslims believe the same God revealed the Qur'an within 23 years, don't we expect the Characters in both scriptures to be similar?

Finally, Muhammad never claimed authorship of the Qur'an. This is a figment of your imagination.

- The Jews/Christian God are different to Muhammad God.

- If you can prove this God your case is valid, if you can't it's not valid.

- Muhammad didn't acknowledge the writers of the Bible nor acknowledge it was inspired by them, what we can found are stories and characters found in the Bible.

If we're to present the Qur'an in court today and they ask Muhammad if he gave credit to authors of the Bible and he said it was revealed to him by some imaginary master, if he can't provide evidence for this imaginary being, it will be term plagiarism, if the Bible is copy-right protected, he will be sued and penalized.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2019
tintingz:

Who's the author of the Qur'an?

- The Jews/Christian God are different to Muhammad God.

- If you can prove this God your case is valid, if you can't it's not valid.

- Muhammad didn't acknowledge the writers of the Bible nor acknowledge it was inspired by them, what we can found are stories and characters found in the Bible.

If we're to present the Qur'an in court today and they ask Muhammad if he gave credit to authors of the Bible and he said it was revealed to him by some imaginary master, if he can't provide evidence for this imaginary being, it will be term plagiarism, if the Bible is copy-right protected, he will be sued and penalized.

Just as Lanrexlan said Now you are shifting goal post. What kind of logic is this?

The theme of the discussion was about plagiarism not proving God?

Muhammad never claimed he wrote the Qur'an. And if you can think well you would know that the Qur'an and Bible are used in court not the Santa Book you are bringing up.

OK, who are the authors of the Bible that he should have given credit too? Can you tell us with 100% assurance who wrote the Bible?

Is the Bible copyrighted?

Which translation of the Bible is copyrighted? The Douay version? KJV? RSV? or the other 10s of translation? or the Arabic version? The Greek, Latin Version?

How could an unlettered man plagiarise major characters in the Torah, Injeel, Zaboor, etc(works of thousands of years) and then fine tune the narration to another dimension all in 23 years!

I will have to stop here as it is evident you will never see reason.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
lanrexlan:

How dare you want a whole atheist tintingz to apologize for turning logic on its head?! Please let him keep looking for what is not lost, when I get him time small, I go reply... grin grin grin
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Just as Lanrexlan said Now you are shifting goal post. What kind of logic is this?

Muhammad never claimed he wrote the Qur'an. And if you can think well you would know that the Qur'an and Bible are used in court not the Santa Book you are bringing up.

OK, who are the authors of the Bible that he should have given credit too? Can you tell us with 100% assurance who wrote the Bible?

Which translation of the Bible is copyrighted? The Douay version? KJV? RSV? or the other 10s of translation? or the Arabic version? The Greek, Latin Version?

How could an unlettered man plagiarise major characters in the Torah, Injeel, Zaboor, etc(works of thousands of years) and then fine tune the narration to another dimension all in 23 years!

@bold, I think tintingz wants to go to court, he has been mentioning the court, I just hope he can get capable legal luminaries to go argue his case sha... grin grin grin
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rilwayne001: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
lanrexlan:

That guy is in dilemma, and really pathetic. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Where did I shift the goal post?

I asked a question, is the Qur'an the thoughts of Muhammad or he copied it?

You claim the Qur'an was revealed by God to Muhammad, on a logical ground, you will have to prove this God to make your case valid.

The santa book is a reductio absurdum in this argument, I'm trying to point out the the absurdity here.

If Muhammad never claim he wrote the Qur'an who then wrote it and why is the credit given to him?

Some authors of the Bible are unknown while some are mentioned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

Where did Muhammad give credit to these people?

We're not talking about copyright, we're talking about plagiarism. They are quit different but can be use together.

The Bible is not copyright protected as it's not a practice in the past, reason anyone can just plagiarism mythologies.

Is there any evidence Muhammad was unlettered? Even Shia muslims will disagree with you.

You guys should just admit your prophet plagiarized the Qur'an and move on.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
sino:

@bold, I think tintingz wants to go to court, he has been mentioning the court, I just hope he can get capable legal luminaries to go argue his case sha... grin grin grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by lanrexlan(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
sino:

How dare you want a whole atheist tintingz to apologize for turning logic on its head?! Please let him keep looking for what is not lost, when I get him time small, I go reply... grin grin grin
grin The thing just tire me, the guy doesn't seem to get the logic of what's arguing about wallah.

Rilwayne001:

That guy is in dilemma, and really pathetic. embarassed
Seriously, we can only ask for guidance for him but guidance is ONLY for those who are sincere with themselves. Sincerity is lost in the guy's dictionary, just arguing for arguments' sake.

The main problem is that he has surface knowledge of most things he is discussing and he doesn't fully understand or grasp the concept of what he is discussing. That is why he sounds ridiculous most times, he doesn't understand what's even arguing about.

3 Likes

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by EkunKekere: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
The Alexander Romance was written in Greek the 3rd Century after the birth of Christ and then translated into Arabic around the beginning of the 6th century AD before Muhammad was born.

So please enlighten us on how the Alexander Romance plagiarised from a book that wasn't even in existence when the Alexander Romance was written?

Rashduct4luv:

If it doesn't need evidence then your logic is flawed.
True that the pre-islamic Arabs worshiped 360 plus gods of which Hubal, Al-lat, manat and Al-uzza were among.
But never was there any evidence that Hubal was used to depict Allah.
Muhammad and his companions destroyed all the idols in Kaaba.

You should note that Arabian societies before Islam were not atheistic societies that denied the existence of Allaah, or societies that were unaware that there is a Lord, Creator and Provider. They knew that, and they still retained some traces of the religion of Ibraaheem, and they had contact with Jews and Christians. But their problem was that they did not worship Allaah Alone in exclusion to others; they had other gods whom they associated in worship with Him, and which they worshiped not on the basis that they were the Lord, the Creator the Provider, but because they claimed that these were intermediaries who would intercede between them and Allaah and bring them closer to Allaah. Hence Allaah said concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you (O Muhammad) ask them: ‘Who has created the heavens and the earth,’ they will certainly say: ‘Allaah’” [Luqmaan 31:25]

This indicates that they acknowledged that Allaah is the Creator. Another aayah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, if you ask them: ‘Who created the heavens and the earth?’ Surely, they will say: ‘Allaah (has created them)’”

[al-Zumar 39:38]

Many aayaat indicated that they believed in the Unity of Lordship (Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah); their shirk was with regard to divinity (uloohiyyah), as Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who take Awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, lords, gods) besides Him (say): ‘We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allaah’” [al-Zumar 39:3]

i.e., they said, we only worship them so that they may bring us closer to Allaah.

The evidence of sharee’ah indicates that it is obligatory to destroy idols, for example:

1 – Muslim (969) narrated that Abu’l-Hayaaj al-Asadi said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to me: “Shall I not send you with the same instructions as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? ‘Do not leave any image without defacing it or any built-up grave without leveling it.’”

2 – Muslim (832) narrated from ‘Urwah ibn ‘Abasah that he said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “With what were you sent?” He said, “I was sent to uphold the ties of kinship, to break the idols, and so that Allaah would be worshipped alone with no partner or associate.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

This hadeeth indicates that it is prescribed to remove things that may tempt or confuse the people, whether they are buildings, people, animals or inanimate objects.

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent Khaalid ibn al-Waleed (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy al-‘Uzza.

2 – and he sent Sa’d ibn Zayd al-Ashhali (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Manaat.

3 – And he sent ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Suwaa’. All of that happened after the Conquest of Makkah.

Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 4/712. 776. 5/83; al-Seerah al-Nabawiyyah by Dr. ‘Ali al-Salaabi, 2/1186.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

If it was as you claim, then Islam and Judaism/Christianity should have been the same with no major differences. But the differences are as wide as the east and west. The similarities are usually minor if any. I think you are mistaken as usual to have used the word "plagiarism".

Of cos i won't want to go down any road with you. The Story of Dhul Qanayn is not the same as the Alexander Romance. I would say it was plagiarised and developed from the Qur'an.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2019
EkunKekere:
The Alexander Romance was written in Greek the 3rd Century after the birth of Christ and then translated into Arabic around the beginning of the 6th century AD before Muhammad was born.

So please enlighten us on how the Alexander Romance plagiarised from a book that wasn't even in existence when the Alexander Romance was written?

He and his fellows have been displaying cognitive dissonance and dishonesty in this thread.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
The Sumerian Flood myth of Gilgamesh also find it way into the Jewish texts and the Qur'an, changing the character name to Noah.

The claim that Muhammad got his revelation from God is false and out of it.

1. Many Biblical stories so far are ancient mythologies.

2. Many can be found in the Qur'an.

3. The Qur'an cannot be divine.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by EkunKekere: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2019
Cognitive dissonance is the standard response of all islamic apologists whenever the ramshackle foundations of their faith are confronted with facts.
This one is clearly a student of Zakir Naik and Ali Dawah.

tintingz:

He and his fellows have been displaying cognitive dissonance and dishonesty in this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrorism And Islam / Have You Ever Been Persecuted In Real Life? / Bill Cosby: We Should All Be More Like Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.