Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam (19353 Views)

Why Smoking Is Haram and why you should stop smoking today? / Birds Seen Doing Tawaf (Circumambulation) At Deserted Masjid Al Haram / Is It Haram In Islam To Use Artificial Hair (extension)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tenshades:

He instructed Mohammed to tell us not to play video games, board games and others games? Soccer amongst other sports? Because we are Muslims, to have fun is now a crime and punishable? Haba bros, make Islam friendly and accommodating to others for a bit for once abeg.

Na this kind pointless and baseless extremism dey make people dey hate Islam.

Islam isn't meant to be hard!!!
There are rules and regulations which Allaah the Creator had made as guidelines for his creations, sometimes they are specific and sometimes they're general rulings which would then be applied to individual situations.
For example, according to the Shari'a, it is prohibited to expose the private parts of the body and also prohibited to view the private parts of other's body except those that one has authority to view. As we all know, betting is also prohibited, likewise it's earnings and associated, similar ruling goes for alcohol. Now when you look at football as it is nowadays, you can't separate all these from football except it is a match you're playing amongst those that understand and wear the correct clothing that covers the privates and also doesn't involve betting. So yes, football as it is today is something one should be wary of.

NB: The privates of a man in the Shari'a is anything from the knees to the navel, and if you would be sincere, when watching football today, the thighs of the players are usually visible amongst other things, and how about the females? That's a total No No.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

There are rules and regulations which Allaah the Creator had made as guidelines for his creations, sometimes they are specific and sometimes they're general rulings which would then be applied to individual situations.
For example, according to the Shari'a, it is prohibited to expose the private parts of the body and also prohibited to view the private parts of other's body except those that one has authority to view. As we all know, betting is also prohibited, likewise it's earnings and associated, similar ruling goes for alcohol. Now when you look at football as it is nowadays, you can't separate all these from football except it is a match you're playing amongst those that understand and wear the correct clothing that covers the privates and also doesn't involve betting. So yes, football as it is today is something one should be wary of.

NB: The privates of a man in the Shari'a is anything from the knees to the navel, and if you would be sincere, when watching football today, the thighs of the players are usually visible amongst other things, and how about the females? That's a total No No.

Back this argument with Quranic verse please. And moreover who wrote Sharia? If I play video game in my room, I deserve punishment? and if I play Ludo with my brother in the living room, we both deserve punishment from Allah? If I support my company during inter company matches, I deserve punishment right?

Isn't it?

Please does Allah urge us to follow Sharia or the Qur'an?

NB: Nothing like according to Sharia. Use according to "Quran" instead.

1 Like

Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

"don't be Lazy" doesn't qualify as name calling, I apologize if it got on your wrong side.
No I shouldn't give you a verse of the Quran even though they exist, because I don't expect you to believe the Quran too, because it came via a similar path as the hadith.

Hell no. Hadith doesn't come from the same path as Quran.

Let me ask you a question as a Muslim and I'd be glad if you could do justice to it.

Is Quran sufficient for you as a believing Muslim or not?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tenshades:

Let me ask you a question as a Muslim and I'd be glad if you could do justice to it.

Is Quran sufficient for you as a believing Muslim or not?

Ok bye.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

Ok bye.
Hahahahahahahahaha...
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

Ok bye.

Read your Quran very well and note that QURAN is sufficient for mankind as sent down by Allah and not meant to be supplemented by fabricated Hadith, Shariah and whatever they came up with as innovations.

If the Qur'an doesn't mention something is Haram, it's a great and punishable offence to say it is and vice versa.

Salam aleykum.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tenshades:

Hahahahahahahahaha...

So what's funny?
Meanwhile, let me give you the benefit of doubt.

Tenshades:

Enlighten me about the path the Quran came from, from source till it reached us presently.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

So what's funny?
Meanwhile, let me give you the benefit of doubt.

Enlighten me about the path the Quran came from, from source till it reached us presently.

The questions you should ask yourself as a Muslim concerning "path" of how Quran and "Hadith" came to existence as u raised above are:

1. on whose Authority was the Qur'an sent to mankind?

2. on whose authority was the Hadith written?

Moreover, did Allah urge Muslim in Quran to use Hadith or Sharia, etc to supplement Quranic message from Him since you are trying to claim here that the Quran doesn't teach everything and it's insufficient?

So where did the Sharia and Hadith come from according to Quran?

1 Like

Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tenshades:

The questions you should ask yourself as a Muslim concerning "path" of how Quran and "Hadith" came to existence as u raised above are:

1. on whose Authority was the Qur'an sent to mankind?

2. on whose authority was the Hadith written?

Moreover, did Allah urge Muslim in Quran to use Hadith or Sharia, etc to supplement Quranic message from Him since you are trying to claim here that the Quran doesn't teach everything and it's insufficient?

So where did the Sharia and Hadith come from according to Quran?

Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

Make yourself clear enough.

Are you talking about the
1. revelation?
2. compilation?
3. Or the preservation?

You still haven't answered my question.
Again, is Quran sufficient as a Guide to you as a Muslim or not?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tenshades:

Make yourself clear enough.
Are you talking about the 1. revelation? 2. compilation? 3. Or the preservation?
You still haven't answered my question. Again, is Quran sufficient as a Guide to you as a Muslim or not?
I am asking about All, "from source till it reached us presently".
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2019
dragnet:

I am asking about All, "from source till it reached us presently".

Since you are dodging my question... I don't see any reason I should answer yours.

Salam aleykum once again.

Good night.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tenshades:

Since you are dodging my question... I don't see any reason I should answer yours.

Salam aleykum once again.

Good night.

I have not dodged your question, the question is unnecessary. I answered your earlier questions, so you have no reason not to answer the first question I have asked you even after I changed my mind from leaving you to yourself, anyway, I can't force you?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by sorextee(m): 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2019
This is the first time I'm Reading a post from a nairaland phone mod. What about Puskin and Honsule? Their phones don spoil?

dragnet:

"don't be Lazy" doesn't qualify as name calling, I apologize if it got on your wrong side.
No I shouldn't give you a verse of the Quran even though they exist, because I don't expect you to believe the Quran too, because it came via a similar path as the hadith.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

I have not dodged your question, the question is unnecessary. I answered your earlier questions, so you have no reason not to answer the first question I have asked you even after I changed my mind from leaving you to yourself, anyway, I can't force you?

Oh! So the question is unnecessary since you know the truth will expose you.

Again is Quran sufficient as a Guide for you as a believing Muslim or not?

My friend help yourself in seeking the light and only the truth shall set you free.

Consult your Quran on these chapters and verses and ponder:

Quran 45:6
Quran 6:38
Quran 6:114
Quran 20:52
Quran 44:58
Quran 2:170

Ponder on those well.

Good morning.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

Oh! So the question is unnecessary since you know the truth will expose you.

Again is Quran sufficient as a Guide for you as a believing Muslim or not?

My friend help yourself in seeking the light and only the truth shall set you free.

Consult your Quran on these chapters and verses and ponder:

Quran 45:6
Quran 6:38
Quran 6:114
Quran 20:52
Quran 44:58
Quran 2:170

Ponder on those well.

Good morning.

You're the one obviously dodging, answer my question, then we continue.
I reiterate that your question is unnecessary and I don't need to answer it because my stance is clear, if we were in agreement then we shouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

So I expect your next response to contain answer(s) to the question I asked.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

You're the one obviously dodging, answer my question, then we continue.
I reiterate that your question is unnecessary and I don't need to answer it because my stance is clear, if we were in agreement then we shouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

So I expect your next response to contain answer(s) to the question I asked.

Oga, if we are to talk about how Quran and your "Hadith" came to existence, we will have to open another thread.

And lemme say I don't know so that you can tell us here how they came to existence so that justice could be done to this argument.

Moreover, you not answering my question doesn't make your stance clear.. You are only making it look blurred the more. We are not in agreement because Allah doesn't urge Muslims to use "Hadith" to supplement Quran.

I don't even get your point self.

In a nutshell, are you saying Allah forgot to tell us everything we need to know and follow in the Quran thereby directing us to use "Hadith" and "Sharia" written by mere mortals?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

Oga, if we are to talk about how Quran and your "Hadith" came to existence, we will have to open another thread.

And lemme say I don't know so that you can tell us here how they came to existence so that justice could be done to this argument.

Moreover, you not answering my question doesn't make your stance clear.. You are only making it look blurred the more. We are not in agreement because Allah doesn't urge Muslims to use "Hadith" to supplement Quran.

I don't even get your point self.

In a nutshell, are you saying Allah forgot to tell us everything we need to know and follow in the Quran thereby directing us to use "Hadith" and "Sharia" written by mere mortals?
Let me help you a bit, so you won't excuse yourself based on my supposed evasion of your question, and try to be civil, don't use "Oga" with me.
The Quran is insufficient, that's my stand if you claim it is sufficient then you have a lot to explain.

Start from here which is the usual and simplest example, explain how you pray according to the Quran.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

Let me help you a bit, so you won't excuse yourself based on my supposed evasion of your question, and try to be civil, don't use "Oga" with me.
The Quran is insufficient, that's my stand if you claim it is sufficient then you have a lot to explain.

Start from here which is the usual and simplest example, explain how you pray according to the Quran.

"QURAN IS INSUFFICIENT"
Then Allah forgot to send down some messages isn't it?

Congratulations.

I wish you well on your Hadith and Sharia usage.

1 Like

Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:28am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

"QURAN IS INSUFFICIENT" Then Allah forgot to send down some messages isn't it?
Congratulations.
I wish you well on your Hadith and Sharia usage.
Don't run, answer the question I asked.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

I once listed few Qur'anic verses for you to re-visit and ponder on them.

Here is just one of them.

Quran 6:114 Shall I seek other than God as a lawmaker when it is He who has brought down to you the Book fully detailed ?

Take note of "God as a lawmaker" and "Book fully detailed"

Since your claim that Qur'an isn't sufficient as opposed to that verse as stated that QURAN is "fully detailed" and God is the only lawmaker for ultimate guidance, I won't have to go further at this juncture in argument.

Salam aleykum.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

I once listed few Qur'anic verses for you to re-visit and ponder on them.

Here is just one of them.

Quran 6:114 Shall I seek other than God as a lawmaker when it is He who has brought down to you the Book fully detailed ?

Take note of "God as a lawmaker" and "Book fully detailed"

Since your claim that Qur'an isn't sufficient as opposed to that verse as stated that QURAN is "fully detailed" and God is the only lawmaker for ultimate guidance, I won't have to go further at this juncture in argument.

Salam aleykum.

Answer this brother

Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:31am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

Don't run, answer the question I asked.

Sir, I have told you in my response above that I don't know and we will be glad if you could tell us here. Please go back to my responses above and read my answer.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

Sir, I have told you in my response above that I don't know and we will be glad if you could tell us here. Please go back to my responses above and read my answer.
You don't know? So you don't observe solah?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:32am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

Answer this brother

Things don't work that way, you don't answer my questions and you want me to answer yours? Is that how you make yourself clear to people?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:
LOL... Is this what you want to divert the talk to now?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

Things don't work that way, you don't answer my questions and you want me to answer yours? Is that how you make yourself clear to people?

Now you're being evasive, I have answered your questions and you are yet to answer any of mine.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

Your question is about how Quran and Hadith reached us and I told you I don't know so that you wey know can Enlighten us and tell us what we don't know.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

Now you're being evasive, I have answered your questions and you are yet to answer any of mine.

No, you haven't. I told you to tell us how the Quran and Hadith came to existence but you kept pressing further on the same question.

And nothing like evasive anywhere. You are not backing your argument with Quranic proofs. So?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

LOL... Is this what you want to divert the talk to now?
How did the Quran get to us? you've refused to answer. How did the Quran instruct us to observe Solah, you've refused to answer.
what's your excuse for not answering?
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by Tenshades(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2019
dragnet:

How did the Quran get to us? you've refused to answer.
How did the Quran instruct us to observe Solah, you've refused to answer.

what's your excuse for not answering?

I want to learn now. And I am so eager to learn from you but you are holding back the truth you know from us. I told you I don't know so that you can let the world know. The world is watching and waiting for your answer.

We are waiting.
Re: Why Playing Dice Game Is Haram In Islam by dragnet: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2019
Tenshades:

Your question is about how Quran and Hadith reached us and I told you I don't know so that you wey know can Enlighten us and tell us what we don't know.

You're just twisting the narrative, I was the one who asked for your enlightenment and you say you don't know, then since you refused to tell me that, I have asked you a simpler question within your reach, and you have done nothing but run in circles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Q / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? / Are They Now Emulating Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.