Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently (3447 Views)

Cheating Husband Loses N26-Mil He Gave 'Bae' To Hide From Wife - SA Court (PIX) / Ladies: Would You Welcome A Framed Picture Of Your MIL In Your Home? / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Mizwisdom(f): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
yazga:
y?

There's more to it than meets the eyes

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
Acidosis:

Where is her father-in-law? When there's no responsible father-in-law in the mix, some mothers misbehave. Real fathers won't allow their wives try this kind of nonsense. She needs to go back to her husband's house and cook for him instead.
. You ve made my day with this comment. This is what i used to tell some people. Wherever a MiL is misbehaving, check the father Inlaw,he is the immediate and remote cause.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by bukatyne(f): 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
Acidosis:

Where is her father-in-law? When there's no responsible father-in-law in the mix, some mothers misbehave. Real fathers won't allow their wives try this kind of nonsense. She needs to go back to her husband's house and cook for him instead.

I agree.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by bukatyne(f): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
LewsTherin:
No offense to all you guys here but any mother who refuses to realise her married son now has his own family and life to live, who is "just missing him" and to show how much she loves him is bringing food to him DAILY, has chosen to bring issues into said son's life.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

How can he even cleave to his wife when he is still tied to Mummy's apron?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by baby124: 12:41am On Sep 17, 2019
Let your husband handle this. He’s obviously a mummy’s baby. So he’s the only one who knows how to tell her with love. You married a mama’s boy. I am sure all these were fine with you before you decided to marry him. Don’t take in courtship what you won’t take in marriage. That is deception.

Tell your husband to tell his mum that she should not stress herself with cooking and bringing for him. That his wife has cooked and he is alright. She should take care of herself, go out with her friends and have a life of her own. I know that as a newly wed you would love to cook many delicacies as it’s shacking you right now. You have every right to be frustrated. Pele.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:15am On Sep 17, 2019
theButterfly:
1. This shouldn't prevent the wife from preparing her own meals for her husband. She should just say, "Thank you, mama", set the food aside and cook for hubby as she normally would.

2. To look at it in a positive light, the MIL is saving them time and money. She obviously has the time and money to cook the food she's bringing, so they should allow her and enjoy the free food. On days when they're running late or too hungry to cook, they can eat mama's food.

putting the food aside might back fire, if she get to know about it, she might think its sign of being unwanted

generally who cooks for the food to be put aside? NO ONE

i think MIL should be talked to via her close friends to say if she is bring food she has to presented to her daughter in law and it should under the gesture of cooking for both son and wife

Her son should let to enjoy her wife's cooking, yes true old habit die hard but sometimes they destroy other people

MIL should find other things to do, than cooking for her married, is it that we say " a way to a man's heart is through food" let the daughter in law work her hubby's via her own food without, the mums food in the pic

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 9:33am On Sep 17, 2019
hmmmmmmmmm
Mizwisdom:

There's more to it than meets the eyes
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by frozen70(f): 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
yazga:
Is it right for a MIL to bring food for her son (he's an only child) and recently got married.
His wife isn't comfortable with the way Mama comes to their house daily with food and the guy doesn't know how to tell his mum to stop.
This whole thing is causing friction already..

Why should this be an issue in the first place ❓

What is wrong if the mother brings food for him ❓

Why won't she even collect the food and dish it in portions and eat her own ❓

His only child for that matter, do you think mothers forget their sons just like that

That woman she is underating is capable of putting her home on stand still

Well for me ohhh, its even a relief to have her cook for the son because I will participate in eating the food

That doesn't have even stop him from eating her own food

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 18, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

putting the food aside might back fire, if she get to know about it, she might think its sign of being unwanted

generally who cooks for the food to be put aside? NO ONE

i think MIL should be talked to via her close friends to say if she is bring food she has to presented to her daughter in law and it should under the gesture of cooking for both son and wife

Her son should let to enjoy her wife's cooking, yes true old habit die hard but sometimes they destroy other people

MIL should find other things to do, than cooking for her married, is it that we say " a way to a man's heart is through food" let the daughter in law work her hubby's via her own food without, the mums food in the pic
Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Rosarie(f): 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
LewsTherin:
No offense to all you guys here but any mother who refuses to realise her married son now has his own family and life to live, who is "just missing him" and to show how much she loves him is bringing food to him DAILY, has chosen to bring issues into said son's life.
she for just marry am and continue wifey duties

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
It should be an issues.
A lot of things are wrong with that because the lady will feel unwanted.
Why should she
The bible says, For man will leave his parent to Cliff onto a woman and the two shall remain one
grin grin grin Because na the mama marry the son, they are married adult sis
frozen70:

Why should this be an issue in the first place ❓

What is wrong if the mother brings food for him ❓

Why won't she even collect the food and dish it in portions and eat her own ❓

His only child for that matter, do you think mothers forget their sons just like that

That woman she is underating is capable of putting her home on stand still

Well for me ohhh, its even a relief to have her cook for the son because I will participate in eating the food

That doesn't have even stop him from eating her own food

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
abi oh!!
Rosarie:
she for just marry am and continue wifey duties
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by extremelygolden: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2019
yazga:
It should be an issues.
Why should she
The bible says, For man will leave his parent to Cliff onto a woman and the two shall remain one

Methink they should plan renting an apartment farther away from MIL.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by ireneidiva(f): 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
yazga:
It should be an issues.
Why should she
Cliff?
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by frozen70(f): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
yazga:
It should be an issues.
Why should she

My sis, there are more complicated issues to solve in marriage than fighting over mum's food for husband.

I will rather prefer this than having the entire family disturbing my marriage

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
frozen70:

My sis, there are more complicated issues to solve in marriage than fighting over mum's food for husband.

I will rather prefer this than having the entire family disturbing my marriage
very scary
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
Whats the correct spelling?
ireneidiva:

Cliff?
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by ireneidiva(f): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
yazga:
Whats the correct spelling?
cleave
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by hify9935(f): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
elektra:
Look at what I am looking for in my life, someone is rejecting.

I go just relax, enjoy free delicious food.

My mom and mother-in-law will work for me oh. I want them to cook us food, watch the kids, e.t.c. They are always happy to help.

I plan to have child-free summer holidays as long as our parents are able to watch the kids. Ship them off to grand-parents and enjoy my life.
grin
elektra:
Look at what I am looking for in my life, someone is rejecting.

I go just relax, enjoy free delicious food.

My mom and mother-in-law will work for me oh. I want them to cook us food, watch the kids, e.t.c. They are always happy to help.

I plan to have child-free summer holidays as long as our parents are able to watch the kids. Ship them off to grand-parents and enjoy my life.
lol, that's the spirit o my sister.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 11:09am On Sep 20, 2019
Thank you very much for the correction
ireneidiva:

cleave

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Matured married folks, pls come to my aid. / She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? / Help With House Guest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.