Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Divorce Letter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Letter (745 Views)

My Husband Who Traveled Abroad Seven Years Ago Suddenly Sent Me Divorce Letter / Man Hands Wife Divorce Letter For Eloping From Matrimonial Home / Best Divorce Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce Letter by Capriconaziz(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
A have a 12 years old boy when i was in my university and now about to getting married to another lady. On getting to the registry to make enquiry about registry procedures, i was asked if i have a child and honestly i said Yes coz i can't hide a child. I was told by the marriage registrar that i need to obtain a letter of divorce from d customary court in order to get on with my wedding plans despite d fact that i never got engaged or married to my baby mama. Lawyers in d house kindly shed more light to this issue. Thanks
Re: Divorce Letter by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why didn't you tell them you were never married before, when they asked you for such letter?
Re: Divorce Letter by Capriconaziz(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Why didn't you tell them you were never married before, when they asked you for such letter?

I told them o. They said i still need it since i had a child with lady whom is not d lady am about to marry legally. They said its to avoid future marital problems.
Re: Divorce Letter by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: Divorce Letter by Ganjafama(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Are you not a Nigerian? It's obvious they want some "kola". Na where man dey work naim he for dey chop !
Re: Divorce Letter by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
Capriconaziz:

I told them o. They said i still need it since i had a child with lady whom is not d lady am about to marry legally. They said its to avoid future marital problems.

But then i giess you simply replied:" how can anyone get a divorce letter if they were never married?!"

...and what was their answer?
Re: Divorce Letter by bigl: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Capriconaziz:
A have a 12 years old boy when i was in my university and now about to getting married to another lady. On getting to the registry to make enquiry about registry procedures, i was asked if i have a child and honestly i said Yes coz i can't hide a child. I was told by the marriage registrar that i need to obtain a letter of divorce from d customary court in order to get on with my wedding plans despite d fact that i never got engaged or married to my baby mama. Lawyers in d house kindly shed more light to this issue. Thanks

Mr man, u be "English".

You should not have mentioned it at all. Its like telling them u were married before.

The papers they will request from u, will almost make u forget about getting into a new marriage.

So, go to another registry and try to apply but this time, buy super glue and when they ask if u were married or had any kid before, use super glue to seal your mouth and nod to say NO.

Then get married to your love without wahala.

Be smart bro or else, u get your self into unnecessary wahala.

Its kind of a hack but it works.

(1) (Reply)

Good Day To You All Nairalanders / Dead Woman Gave Birth In Her Grave After Burial I So Strange (video) / Mother Kills Own Children Because Husband Married Second Wife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.