Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? (27351 Views)

As A Family Man Can You Lend Me help To Complete My Business? / Never Lend Money From Palm Credit / Why You Should Not Lend Your Credit Card To Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:
Why is it that when you lend people money once, you automatically become their go-to person for credit.

I have noticed this among "friends" and colleagues.

Like that is not enough, their payback tends to get worse with time. Seems they pay back promptly the first time to get your trust, subsequent ones would come with defaults.

Why?

Meanwhile I need a soft loan abeg. Epp your guy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by mascot87(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sleevia:
grin grin grin grin but i do not know u na lol grin

We fit use the transaction know each other na grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by urahara(m): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

So, I should stop lending?

Or start charging interest?

A colleague took a loan from me to play Bet9ja. Can you imagine?

Mad o
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by firfinch(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

They paid back, I have to give them some credit for that. Some after few days, some right on the agreed day. Then there was one I told to shun it, after he told me his salary and proposed repayment plan.

I don't lend what I can't forget, but if I wanted to be forgetting- it won't be a loan. It will be a dash.

My problem is, why do they keep coming back? Is there a rule that says, lend once and lend forever?
They must always come back, because once a lender would always be a lender grin
Well, the fact is that they got it when they needed it, and some for confidentiality (you may have people close to you who have, but you can't ask them, just to maintain your prestige and value). But it really can be annoying when people come to borrow money from you knowing that they wont pay back. If I lend you one naira, I will ask for it because it's not a gify. Some people will even be telling you that you don't need your money now, you have something to fall on, not minding the sacrifice you are making.
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by bluediesel03: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
This reminds me of something.My friend borrowed 100k from me that it was an urgent matter.Due to the relationship I had with him while in school I had to lend him the money.It was when he couldn't pay me back my money that I started asking annoyingly why he refused to pay me.He opened up,that he borrowed the money for his mechanic friend that saw a cheap car and wants to purchase it.People imagine!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:
Why is it that when you lend people money once, you automatically become their go-to person for credit.

Like that is not enough, their payback tends to get worse with time. Seems they pay back promptly the first time to get your trust, subsequent ones would come with defaults.

Why?

Pray not to be in their shoes. Just be thankful to God for making you the lender and not the borrower. Count it all joy!

This is not necessary sha.
May God suffice us all.
Amen.�

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by HealthSecrets(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
Because they know You're a good customer. grin
It is not just human beings alone, it is same with financial institutions that give loan too. Don't You back to meet loan fintech companies like paylater and branch after You've re paid your previous loan?
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Origin(f): 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
They've seen their latest mugu..

To counteract it....
1. Make sure they pay the old one before you lend anew.

2. Always reduce the value of subsequent loans.

You shall soon find peace grin
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by 1Sharon(f): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2019
I dont understand how ppl think. How would you borrow money from someone and get angry when they ask for it back?

Why do friendships have to break down because your friend wants their money back?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by 1Sharon(f): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Did he pay back?
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
1Sharon:

Did he pay back?

Yes he did... smiley

ornicus:

Meanwhile I need a soft loan abeg. Epp your guy.

Go to MFBs grin
I am learning fast.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by encryptjay(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
I don't like defaulters at all, most of them never pay back on the said day. I hardly collect something and not return it back almost immediately. Even when I'll buying something and I didn't take enough cash with me and they're familiar with me, I go back home and get the money and pay depending on the distance. Truth is, some of them give deadlines on payments but they disappoint you.
Some can even have the said cash and just outrightly refuse to pay up.
Don't ever lend out what you can't afford to lose to a family member or a friend because it affects the relationship overtime.
These same people that don't pay debts are the same ones that tend to evade tax and bills.
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Sarang(f): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

They paid back, I have to give them some credit for that. Some after few days, some right on the agreed day. Then there was one I told to shun it, after he told me his salary and proposed repayment plan.

I don't lend what I can't forget, but if I wanted to be forgetting- it won't be a loan. It will be a dash.

My problem is, why do they keep coming back? Is there a rule that says, lend once and lend forever?

Mine never pays back.. so i stopped.
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by blackjack21(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Why?
Neither a borrower nor a lender be - Shakespeare
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Thegamingorca(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
1Sharon:

Did he pay back?

you really bothered to think he may? Lol!!..
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by 1Sharon(f): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
butterfly777:

Pls keep lending them, except you don't have. It's part of Godliness. Lend and give also. God with be happy with you for this.

I am in similar situation. Some people are like regular asker and borrower sef. I don't find it comfortable to turning people down when I am still try.

Lol, you must be a debtor that owe ppl

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
[quote author=pocohantas post=82199353]

What is it it with Nigerians and bringing religion and God into everything?

Walahi if this were an exam and you gave me this answer , I will put your script inside shredder.

There's nothing like religion here. Only admonishing you but its left for you to take it or leave it!
And if I were the modes, I'll trash this post of yours cos its highly uncalled for. I also dont see the moral of this post!

Remember pride goes before a fall.
Learn to admit your errors and try to make amends instead of trying to prove a point where there's none.

Thank you!
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2019
blackjack21:

Neither a borrower nor a lender be - Shakespeare

Noted... cheesy
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

You are admonishing me for what exactly?

Are you sure you are okay?

What errors and pride? Lending people money and asking why they keep coming back?

Sis, abeg, pick another congregation to play your sanctimonious hogwash with.

Pffffttttt!

No vex.
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by NACE13: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2019
I remember when I did a little work for a colleague not even up to 5k but it took him more than 6 months to pay. Was driving with a relation when I spotted him, I had to stop the car, alight, ran up to him to pay me my money 'cos I have had enough of his excuses. He begged me not to disgrace him in public, na so my cousin just alight from motor as well, he is well built. Na so guy man just hand over im phone to me sharp sharp.

I told him I'd give him 2 weeks to pay up else I go either convert am to my second phone or sell it off.

I always ask myself this, "how do people sleep at night knowing that they have debt to pay or there's someone who they begged heaven and earth to lend them money". I
f I don't pay up before or on deadline day, just know something else completely took my mind away from the money I owe someone and the amount borrowed is not much. I don't sleep well knowing I owe someone.

We truly live with strange beings on this earth called humans

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by blackjack21(m): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Noted... cheesy

.. For lending often lose both friends and capital, and borrowing dulls the edge of enterprise. cool
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Acidosis(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2019
When people come to borrow for the first time, I think one could try to know the reasons for which they have come to borrow. When/if you decide to help, it is very important to make them understand that you have a need too. Some people come back with the mindset that you always have some idle and spare cash. But when they understand, on the first request, that you've only placed their need a little higher than your need, they rarely want to come back.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by baajetu(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
My friend borrowed 5k from me, till now he hasn't paid back, I asked him, he said he borrowed it from someone and the person hasn't paid back. As an introvert, I kept quiet and never asked again. 2 years latter, he asked me to borrow him, 25k to complete his money to buy a public bus he luckingly got as cheap as 1.5m, so he can use for business, as he has no other means of living. I told him I don't have, the following day he told me that the bus has been sold out. Since then he has stayed far from me. I don't know how to shout, I don't give a second chance, learn to remember there is always another day. Most times I borrow you what I can loss and use it to stop you from borrowing next time for those who are greedy and won't pay money back. Trust no one

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by follock007(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
because they are not contended - you are the one with the bigger data or license to cash so they are going drain some of or the whole baggage from you before they realize they have been a pain in your arse
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Kutiang: 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
mascot87:

Send your account number to me angry angry

grin
mascot87:

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
mascot87:

Abeg send am come my way too.
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by renewable1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
donbachi:
To a lasting friendship...dont borrow,dont lend.
I concur.

Check my signature for an amazing promo now
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
IamPlato:
some Are Addicted To Borrowing. I Don Know Them, so When They Come I Tell Them I Dont Have

Shey you get money ni? How much them dey possibly borrow from you? 1000N? undecided
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by alexvatt(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

I will like to be getting loan from u with interest. I need it to grow my business.
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by awoluyi(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
They come back because you are Atayese Tanimola Majęobaję (ATM).
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by WalkerMichael(m): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2019
awoluyi:
They come back because you are Atayese Tanimola Majęobaję (ATM).

grin grin grin grin grin correct yoruba pikin
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by foster212: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2019
RexTramadol1:
Till dem run u street
You know nah. Lending turn to scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018 / Facebook Ads Beginner's Free Guide / Placidus Nwachukwu: FCMB Bank Manager Bags 121 Years Jail Over N112m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.